It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp interviews Tom DeLonge about his big project

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Howdy, Friend! Was glad to see you here too. Man…I've got at least 4 theories on this that I believe can be argued. I do wonder--in addition to those--whether Tom might be a nice source of extra income for sumbunnies himself.

The Bennewitz angle could very well be a factor here. Say, for example, Tom in his enthusiasm and self-well-funded "investigation," and having some celebrity status, did build a friendship with a contractor fanboy or just stumbled onto the edges of something very sensitive technology-wise. Feed him the tried-and-true bait that gets the true-blue believer time & again and he goes all in like the others to the point of funding the delusion himself with his mini-fortune. In the end he looks foolish and at least a little unbalanced and problem solved.

Then again, maybe we really are gonna reveal some technology that leans towards the exotic. That technology may or may not sound scarier than it is on purpose.

It's also always wise, imo, to remember that Globalism is a thing y'all. No illuminati needed. It's the planned and coming state. I'm sure it sounds good on paper. Whether that has any bearing here I know not, but it's on the table for me certainly.

Certainly interesting and, as always where the mythology is being sold--and as Kandinsky pointed out--very murky and spook-filled.

edit on 9-5-2016 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The US government and military have been lying to us for 68 years. They want us to believe in nuts and bolts craft.

So its beyond obvious that any "genuine disclosure" would not use the same tired old lies.

People say it's difficult to know when the government is lying....no it's not...If it's on a subject they are known to lie about...because they have been caught red handed...and their lips are moving...then they are probably lying.

Now if other governments are saying that there is this weird plasma stuff at work..that they admit it can damage the human nervous system...that it can cause delusions....that may not be the full story....but I tend to believe it because its an inconvenient truth...it does not help the government in any way...in fact it's an embarassment.

And I have other reasons to find it credible.

Dr. Vallee caught the government lying too..he didn't make any friends revealing that memo.

I would advise anyone who wants a breath of fresh air from a connected neutral scientist who does not lie insofar as I know...read the Vallee books.

Kev

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

he's both fearless and the consummate fact checker.

Do you know if Knapp has confirmed any of the conversations Tom claims to have had with Podesta ?

Actually Podesta is the one I would really like to see a AMA with, he wants journalist to ask his candidate UFO questions, but I am unaware of him making himself available for questions, especially for someone who seems so eager to get the truth out there.

Have you tried to get Podesta on ATS or had any conversations with him?

Does he believe in Aliens visiting here? Does he think(or know) the govt is covering it up? If so, what cases specifically have lead him to this conclusion? Or does he merely suspect?

Why does he think Hillary is going to get the truth when he has had 3 terms with Bill and Obama and come up short?

Does he think Bill and Obama know the truth and just arent telling it?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: schuyler

What would you like 'disclosure' to look like, and do you have a preconceived idea of what that disclosure would reveal? I'm curious. We don't even really know what DeLonge's trail of breadcrumbs is leading to yet, and until I know that, I can't throw out a potential baby with the bathwater of presentation.

Umm, that’s kind of like asking what I would like the Second Coming to look like. And it begs the question that there is something to disclose. You are looking at this as a person curious about Tom DeLonge’s Disclosure Project. I’m looking at this as yet another Disclosure project that looks like a Cargo Cult just like all the others for the last 70 years, this time with a guy named Tom DeLonge at the center of it. It fits a pattern and I’m pointing out the pattern. We’ve seen all this before.

The thing is, in some of the past iterations of this story we know for certain that they are fake. The earliest stories were extremely fanciful and naïve, and that’s because we were not as sophisticated, nor were some of the storytellers. Truman Bethurum, for example, claimed Clarion was on the other side of the Moon. When it was pointed out to him that this was astronomically impossible, he changed his story and said it was on the other side of the Sun.

Billy Meier is another fraud. Semjase was on the Donna Reed show. His picture of a dinosaur he took when he went back in time is out of a contemporary book. We found the book. His ray gun was found on EBay, a toy made in China. We found the pieces of his “wedding cake” UFO. It’s a fraud.

Steven Greer has been caught red-handed many times. I should really “do up” what I have on him, because it’s a lot. These days he doesn’t even bother. It’s all verbal. If you can’t see the invisible UFO right in front of you, that’s now your fault. Your vibes aren’t high enough. And people actually believe this and pay him good money.

Although people are convinced he’s not in it for the money because he has plenty, you might want to read how he discusses this entire operation as a “franchise.” He may be thinking very big here. I do not believe Tom DeLonge is being intentionally deceitful, unlike Steven Greer. He believes he’s been contacted, and I believe he HAS been contacted. But I also think he is naïve. He’s been talked to and told he is The Chosen One, and he believes that, but he has zero first-hand knowledge. He’s talked to some guys who have talked to some guys. His knowledge of the history of UFOS seems to me to be superficial. He has an interest and has read some books.

So what’s going on? We can take a hint from what we have seen before. One of my favorite stories is that of William Moore, a then well-known UFO researcher (He wrote a book on Roswell) who was recruited by AFOSI: the Air Force Office of Special Investigations to basically drive Paul Bennewitz insane. Bennewitz, a gifted but unstable inventor, had stumbled on some signals intelligence coming from an air force base that he grew to believe were signals from outer space. For whatever reason, Richard Doty, then an enlisted intelligence officer, recruited Moore to encourage Bennewitz’s “outer space” theory. They also did stuff like break into his apartment and move furniture around, stuff that made Bennewitz question his mind. Bennewitz subsequently spent some time in a mental institution, in part because of Moore’s participation. Moore disclosed his role as “an agent” at a Mufon conference. The reaction was harsh and it ended Moore’s career as a respected UFO researcher. So AFOSI got a win/win out of the deal. Both Bennewitz and Moore were discredited. And there weren’t even any UFOs in the first place. It was all a story.

So from incidents like that we know that intelligence services will “play” with otherwise innocent people with the goal of discrediting them. They’ve done it and we’ve caught them doing it. Whether that is the case with DeLonge is an open question, but it certainly fits the pattern.

Now, do I “believe in Disclosure.” (See how religious that sounds?) I believe the government has withheld a lot from the public. I believe Roswell happened. To my mind it has not been discredited. I also suspect the government has no idea what it’s really all about. Part of their failure to disclose is because they would have to disclose their own ignorance. But when you start talking about space battles between Good and Evil that we don’t know about, reptilians and shape-changers, and gods of old, that’s the stuff of myth.

Next is a discussion of DeLonge’s “franchise.”

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Why do you think the Condign Report has no deception?

Now the Condign report has some silliness in it..and omits much of the "truth" from my perspective..

But a lot of it is actual science..that can be verified.

Kev

Care to explain a bit more?

I did find the Condign report very interresting, but could not help thinking a lot was still left in the open, like the writer could not be bothered with certain things.

On a side note, I have red Sekret Machines book/novel as well and found it entertaining. Curious to see the non fiction part backing it up. I want to believe, but I'm still skeptic. The digital edition of the book featured an extra booklet with 'Sekret machine' pictures. Nothing exotic in there besides some pictures of for instance the blackbird or some Russian SU planes. Beautifull pieces of engineering, but this instantly put me in doubt we'll learn anything new in the non fiction books.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
regarding the 'people aren't ready for the truth' argument
(for the continued veil of ufo secrecy); i find this rationale
insulting. what gives a select few the right to decide
the readiness of everybody else? why are they 'ready' for
the truth when all others are not? what makes them so
well-eqipped to cope with this dread truth we are 'protected' from?
the only truth which justifies such secrecy, for so long,
is that the ETs wish it to be so. then, the question becomes
'what are they hiding from us?'

'they' being the cosmic interlopers. because i don't
think our societal government/military/science
'representatives' are in any position
to make such decisions. they are following orders. i
have said before and i repeat, the ETs are, in my opinion,
entirely real but not to be trusted. the ultimate ET
agenda is likely to be far-removed from any idealistic
'space brothers' scenario.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: The GUT

I can tell you that the people I think you are thinking of are interested and paying attention but they have had nothing to do with the introductions and access Tom has been granted. Absolutely nothing to do with it.

Well, George has been involved for awhile, but it's in his field of expertise so I guess that in itself isn't indicative. Do any of those fellows play into your statement that, "The only thing I have independent confirmation of is the fact Tom is speaking with people who are at the stratospheric level of leadership." Meaning is that where your verification came from?

I would also point out to those who are mistaking my interest as "promotion" or think I'm proclaiming this "the real deal" that both of those concepts are utterly false. There is no way for me to make any judgement on any of this yet, as I said in my OP.

I assumed--and see nothing wrong with--that the above network had some kind of deal to promote Tom's book series?

All that means is he's gotten higher up the ladder than anyone I've ever heard of or known about. That interests the hell out of me in and of itself. I wanted to discuss it with the members of ATS and see what our community thinks about it - that's why I started this thread.

Are we allowed some idea of how high up the ladder & power stratosphere that is?
edit on 9-5-2016 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

There is the thought that something along the lines of the Interdimensional hypothesis is what we are dealing with. Physics seems to be constantly moving that way. If so, it could be pretty explosive if interpreted in light of spirituality/religion for many people of the world, eh? The lines could become blurry.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Care to expand on 'Globalism'? I'm sure you've given it deep thought, so I don't believe that subject, in of itself, will derail the thread. After all, the UFO/Alien phenomenon is global in nature. Much appreciated.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

I'm fairly certain that multiple species of so-called coherent energy creatures also inhabit this planet with us, and have from the beginning.

I don't mean angels or demons or even Djinn per se, but a form of life based perhaps on so-called "dark plasma" (like regular plasma but based upon dark matter and energy).

Yes I know this is speculative. But I have my reasons for finding it highly likely.

These hypothetical dark plasma life forms can also at times interact like the plasmas discussed in the condign report....can and do interact with human nervous systems...and can, apparently, "materialize" at times too.

These life forms apparently appear as nuts and bolts UFOs for us, as we are programmed to see them that way by the government and media.

That's the super high level cliff notes.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Hi GUT! I haven't seen you around for awhile!!
Where have you been?? Have I just been hanging in different threads???

Anyway, I never thought there was any kind of deal with ATS to promote Tom's stuff. Did you think there was? Or did I just completely misinterpret you?

I just thought it was an AMA which is like a talk show - folks don't get paid but they do get to promote themselves and they don't pay ATS either. Is there something I missed?

Sorry if I mistook your meaning. I am just confused as to what you are saying. (Wouldn't be the first time, eh? Lol!!)

(HUGS)

Anyway.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

No, m'aam, you're right, that's what I assumed. Might as well be an avenue stream. I'm in advertising/promotions myself. Most of us here, including you staff, research everything for themselves anyway so no harm, no foul. And less need for paypal ha. You have always been a dear and exceptionally goodhearted person in my book, good to see you, AB!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Hey GUT. Good to hear from you again.

Many of us host suspicions about what is going on here as is obvious by reading the thread. I'm sort of with you on the possible "Bennewitz" angle. Otherwise how the hell does a pop punk artist get involved to such "high levels". Or does he just think they are high levels?

I don't know how popular Blink 182 are Stateside (they have only ever had 2 reasonably big hits in the UK) .So for all the people saying this is an ideal opportunity to 'influence young people'. How many actually follow the band so closely they will buy totally unrelated products from former members?

I hardly think TdL speaks to, or for, a generation but am willing to stand corrected.

But , of all the small things, it's certainly got the Spidey senses tingling hasn't it?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Thank you for your very frank and educated response. (I still think Greer believes his own stuff whether or not its true - that's just me and because I know folks who know his family. Then again, its been a while since I've had contact with them.)

I understand the ufology field is rife with fraud and deception - totally agree. Yes, there is a pattern of that. It makes perfect sense to look at the past behavior of folks in both government and ufology and expect the same behavior that happened before. Not arguing that at all.

I believe the government has withheld a lot from the public. I believe Roswell happened. To my mind it has not been discredited. I also suspect the government has no idea what it’s really all about. Part of their failure to disclose is because they would have to disclose their own ignorance.

I'm with you on this. How can they disclose what they may not understand? How can they disclose that they aren't in control? It's not a very good idea as a military to do that.

I don't think Disclosure is a religion, and I don't think Tom is trying to get himself worshipped. But that's also just me. He knows that if you want anything to be disseminated in the larger culture, you have to speak the language of that culture, in this case, mostly young folk. Yes, there is an element of "franchise" and "product." The point is, a dry set of documents or a speech by a General isn't going to lay out the whole story, and it's not going to have public appeal because the general public is used to infotainment. It's just a fact. So if you have anything really important to say its a good idea to know how to put it into multi-media form. Just a thought, though.

I don't have the answers, and I certainly don't know who does. There may be multiple answers that are all true (i.e. not one hypothesis has synthesized everything yet.) Anyway. DeLonge has my attention for now.

- AB

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Thank you.
I appreciate the clarity!

Well, I'll let Springer answer that one, then. I have no idea.

Wishing you the best as always!

- AB

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Howdy, Friend! Was glad to see you here too. Man…I've got at least 4 theories on this that I believe can be argued. I do wonder--in addition to those--whether Tom might be a nice source of extra income for sumbunnies himself.

. . .

Then again, maybe we really are gonna reveal some technology that leans towards the exotic. That technology may or may not sound scarier than it is on purpose.

It's also always wise, imo, to remember that Globalism is a thing y'all. No illuminati needed. It's the planned and coming state. I'm sure it sounds good on paper. Whether that has any bearing here I know not, but it's on the table for me certainly.

Certainly interesting and, as always where the mythology is being sold--and as Kandinsky pointed out--very murky and spook-filled.

INDEED. INDEED.

And, imho, it ALL

HAS

to fit together.

There are tooooo many more or less 'all encompassing' forces, themes, strategies, plans etc. involved for both globalism and the UFO stuff to NOT fit together--probably like a hand in a glove.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

There is the thought that something along the lines of the Interdimensional hypothesis is what we are dealing with. Physics seems to be constantly moving that way. If so, it could be pretty explosive if interpreted in light of spirituality/religion for many people of the world, eh? The lines could become blurry.

INDEED.

Of course that triggers hyperventilating and running naked screaming into the night on the part of many

'super rationalists,' 'Religion of Scientism' devotees and acolytes.

They'll recover, or, more likely, many of them won't . . . and may end up sitting catatonic staring at the wall when this all starts falling out of the skies into their laps, neighborhoods and nightly news.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I haven't seen you around for such a long time and it is a great pleasure to see you again. I always love it when you get involved in something, it is like things become more concrete for me. I agree completely, a helluvaride to use just one word.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

These hypothetical dark plasma life forms can also at times interact like the plasmas discussed in the condign report....can and do interact with human nervous systems...and can, apparently, "materialize" at times too.

These life forms apparently appear as nuts and bolts UFOs for us, as we are programmed to see them that way by the government and media.

That's the super high level cliff notes.

I don't see any logical reason why it can't be

"both/and."

To repeat my very brilliant Dissertation Chairman "Life is sooo complex that just about any cockamamie explanation will do."

I have long speculated, assumed that there are spiritual organisms that appear as craft. And, that the fallen angels/ET's do have more or less 'nuts and bolts' types of tangible craft . . . just without the nuts and bolts. LOL.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Jonjonj

Nobody playing "poker" tips their hand, unless there is a big payoff.

Until such a time as there is a big payoff for the people who may know "secrets",
then the biggest payoff would be well-crafted disinformation.

You can get "pay back" with disinformation an infinite number of times... as the easily deceived will always assume that there is a kernel of truth being held back..

You could at most get a big payoff ONCE with a genuine disclosure.. but people are unpredictable animals.. there is no guarantee that disclosure would be worth it to the persons holding the cards. Disinfo about disclosure can be used an infinite number of times, with no chance of botching it.

It's basic game theory...

I agree with you and Bybots (I can't believe I said that); this is superdoty.

Kev

Maybe it is the metaphor that hurts my brain, but the fact that we are comparing playing poker with revealing world shattering information is such a dichotomy, isn't it?

I don't want world shattering information to be a personal property, to be used for personal gain. I hate that, it is intrinsic in the UFO world, and not only on the side of those who hold the information.

You really should come out and say what you know, I am sure there is quite a bit you could add if you were of a mind. Let's say that rather than "I will cash in when the chips are down" why not cash in now, when it matters, even if you lose the hand, you may well win the game.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join