It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp interviews Tom DeLonge about his big project

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
I was a referring to the "higher up" keepers of the keys, not TDL.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: olaru12

If it wasn't Tom D, they'd have to choose or invent someone else to fill his role. The time is ripe.

You know, Bo X, the thing is, they've had a run of these guys. Last post I picked on the last 70 years or so where every decade there is a "Tom D" type character.

I think, from my perspective, that Tom D is a different order of magnitude. AND that he comes at a much more . . . how to put it . . . he comes at a time when the scenarios, strategies, plots involved REQUIRE such a person much more so than ever in my memory.

And I'm sure we could take this back more than 2000 years if we wanted to, but insofar as we're doing the Alien/UFO thing, that's the contemporary Cargo Cult meme, and I'm willing to stick to that for this discussion. But I'm not thinking Tom D has the chops to pull this off. Maybe it's because I'm as old as you (snicker!), but I had to look this guy up. I'd never heard of him.

I would think that THAT would be a REQUIREMENT--that he was not all that known in erudite, intellectual circles . . . Rock star--OK . . . probably an asset . . . particularly when setting out to influence youth.

If you want to go the "good story teller" route, Whitley Strieber is your guy. Communion is light years ahead of Sekrets.

That may be an issue of taste. I enjoyed Whitley's writings. He's probably a better novelist. But I enjoyed Sekrets. I focused on the individual narratives and ignored the contrived feel of the whole being cobbled together. As I noted: I wasn't expecting Hemingway.

If you want to go the erudite route, Dolan is your man. He at least sounds scholarly (He isn't, but that's another argument.)

Erudite and PEDANTIC! LOL. I know. Who am I to talk. LOL. I don't think Dolan is all that impressive as a personality. I think he does good research and makes a good presentation. But I don't think of him as particularly TED Talk exciting.

If you want to go the public/speaker, charismatic route, Greer fits the bill. Except for some completely irritating asides. ("I bench press 300 pounds!") he can pull it off.

I think Greer was OK when he started out . . . I'm not greatly excited by his later iterations.

Tom D is a terrible writer. He certainly is not erudite, and he looks like a street punk. He may have a following in music, but it is narrowly based to whatever generation he represents.

I don't think his merit is in the things you mention.

I think is merit is in his imagination and his creativity AND IN the relationships he has evidently built up with the PTB in the know.

Now, if John Lennon were able to start talking about this stuff, wow! We just "jumped the shark" to a whole new level! (Note: Evel Knieval was the first shark jumper, not the Fonz.) But the Higher-up Guys(tm) have chosen a fairly obscure musician, and if his first "book," is any indication, it's not going to work.

So I'm thinking those Higher-up Guys(tm) REALLY need a PR consultant BAD(ly).

I wonder who (Cough, Cough!) they should choose?

Are you volunteering? LOL.

I don't think Lennon would have been that impressive. I think he played the role of recluse much better.

In terms of PR, the PTB have the brightest and highest paid manipulative psychologists for marketing and a host of social and other manipulative strategies in the history of man. I don't know that they desperately need more.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Nobody can "make" you pay for or buy anything.

Enough with this, he's spending his own money to bring this around. That doesn't mean it will add up to anything more than what we've seen before but it's just unfair and frankly childish to keep ringing the "profit alarm bell" when there is not one to ring at all.

I'm with Zazz, I am waiting and seeing what, if anything, comes from this too.

It's pretty simple really, don't buy anything if you don't want to and wait and see if this proves to be what it's presented as.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: darkstar57

Good points.

Thanks.

Thanks for your kind words, as well.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I get very weary of the "but he's making money"

Sooooooooooo. Wouldn't you, if you could?

Carp, carp, carp.

How about coming up with a more creative whine?

And I agree, there's typically very little money to be made off of materials in the field. The hard work per income unit is rather extensive from what I can see.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This is very exciting!!! Just watched all the videos and read the entire thread. I'm glad it's been pointed out his career change is not for making money. I was shocked some posters think he is trying to make money.

Also he is a smart guy... to go from their first album Cheshire Cat on Cargo records to MCA and produce probably a dozen or so multiple platinum hits, winning awards on every TV music show all over the world multiple times, he's a pretty big deal. I bet Tom knows a lot about the entertainment industry...I bet Tom knows a lot of important people in entertainment and all the corporations involved. All of us on ATS should be pretty well aware of the structure of the entertainment industry and who owns what.

He's obviously a ufologist so it seems to me he is taking off where past ufologist fell short. I bet the government is intimidated by him because he is smart and a punk rock surfer/skater, i.e. naturally anti-authority.

What he says about crash retrievals and Area 51, we've all heard tidbits of that for decades because it's true. Tom is in the process of proving it's true once and for all. Nowadays on ATS we try to look for new explanations, when we've had the explanations all along. Not to mention for 1000's of years we've had the Astronaut Man etched on the side of mountain in Nazca, Peru waiving at us this whole time.

It might be coming to a point where disclosure either makes sense for all parties or it is mandatory for whatever unknown reasons.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Yeah he isn't making money from this, not compare to his Blink royalties, but the "fiction" novels are to me an odd approach for disclosure.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Mr Springer,

I opened both links on my mobile device and wasn't able to find any links to transcripts of the videos. Are the videos transcribed?

Thanks

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman
Well, considering he promoted a world government in order to combat the aliens... I'll go with option ii) or iii).

I am thinking they picked him for his gullibility and the fact that he is a member of a secret society, which will awe the stupefied masses and suspend disbelief that he is privy to such secrets.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Also, I was very interested in the AMA and deeply wish for a "redo" of it. I always perk up when human souls are mentioned with connection to the UFO phenomenon as it seems to be a recurring subject within the common narrative. Now, whether it's all disinfo or not who knows!

I was hoping to get Tom's response to any questions regarding the Disclosure Event's predicted impact on organized (man-made) religions as my primary interest in seeing Disclosure is the killing blow for these archaic superstitious institutions

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

My mistake using the word "make" when should have used a better word perhaps get you to buy, but I'm on a tablet which is a pain to type.

In regards to the profit scenerio I see many bells ringing.

while I appreciate this site and your staffs efforts, there has been several recent threads in regards to the state of ATS and its finances , ad blocking , and donation request.

I'm not trying to be disrepectful but he has a new conspiracy book out and I don't see why it isn't justifiable to think of this as testing new marketting strategy versus some rock star solving the alien disclosure problem?

I never said he couldn't be the real deal nor not to buy his books, however I also don't see what evidence is there to suggest this being anything more than marketing to sell books?

I guess will see by the time he releases the 6th book.

I'm also cautious of people selling books to not make money when they can use social media and other free resources to release the information.

Note I have no problem with making money or selling his book, however The angle and story just doesn't fully add up to me.

Having said thast I actually don't disagree with yours and zazzafrazz approach to sit back and see, although im likely more skeptical

That my .02 and will await to see how this turns out.

If I'm wrong I will be the first to buy you a round of the best alien beer.
edit on 24531America/ChicagoMon, 09 May 2016 00:24:40 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Yeah he isn't making money from this, not compare to his Blink royalties, but the "fiction" novels are to me an odd approach for disclosure.

His disclosure efforts are in process...he had soft disclosure in this interview from the OP:

www.lasvegasnow.com... lift-veil-of-ufo-secrecy

He has a small book/gift store blocks away from the beach in Encinitas, CA that does online sales....the reality of ET might be too frightening even after we've been conditioned...once full disclosure has been made all of our fictional ET/UFO entertainment will go from science fiction to almost comic book.

In fact looking at tothestars.media... He has made comic books and children stories. His clothing line looks like a Nasa gift shop meets the mall. The reviews on Sekret Machines and Chasing Shadows are mostly positive saying its part 1 and 2 of a series, of fictional stories with characters, a plot, etc... Sekret Machines is 700+ pages that apparently has real information sprinkled into the story.

None of this puts him into a Jamie Maussan category...(I know big stretch)....but I understand the skepticism.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Given there are people who have taken this field seriously for decades, a soft disclosure approach is a little disconcerting, and undeserving.

Begs the question, is it worth listening to? time will tell.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justshrug
Also, I was very interested in the AMA and deeply wish for a "redo" of it. I always perk up when human souls are mentioned with connection to the UFO phenomenon as it seems to be a recurring subject within the common narrative. Now, whether it's all disinfo or not who knows!

I was hoping to get Tom's response to any questions regarding the Disclosure Event's predicted impact on organized (man-made) religions as my primary interest in seeing Disclosure is the killing blow for these archaic superstitious institutions

You haven't noticed yet, that this "aliens, UFOs and disclosure" stuff IS a new religion?

Religions have a habit of morphing into each other over time, in order to survive.

Here is a good example:

Believers of the Ancient Astronaut theory argue that aliens from advanced civilisations have visited Earth throughout history, guiding our religions. They believe that the divine events in the Bible were misinterpreted by early humans and the prophet Jesus Christ was actually an alien.Apr 4, 2015 Was Jesus An Alien? - YouTube www.youtube.com...

Kev

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: yuppa

They are the "gods" of mythology. Not gods in any other sense. Very physical beings that have advanced technology. That is it. Nothing more. There are different ones created to do different tasks. a reply to: Davg80

this was the exact reply ^^^

dont think its folks with masks on hes talkn about.

my question was what gods are you talking about?

YEah you ever seen stargate? Where you think they got the ideas for the gho ah ouls from? They were acting liek the old egyptian gods. And their advanced tech made the people worship them as such.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: 3n19m470
a reply to: VastEmptied
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I really wanted to say how thought-provoking all of your posts were. Excellent ideas. I admire the skepticism and intellectuality of this site that seems to be dwindling as the days pass.

Kelly, I think you are very astute - an actual disclosure would only pay off once, IF it pays off. It may cause chaotic repercussions. Disinformation could be used infinitely, and of course the technological gap can be used to great effect in controlling the general population. Any crime or illegal experimentation can be blamed on aliens or simply ignored as preposterous.

3n19m470, your specific demographic notion is intriguing - have you noticed how the media is wholly catering to our nostalgia factor? Even recently a new Power Rangers movie has been announced for the 90s kids. It's like a global movement to capitalize on good feelings of reminiscence. I'm sure they could convince us to put on neck shackles if a celebrity did so.

Zazz, I agree. I think if the same people who have been lying forever suddenly tell the truth, it has nothing to do with conscience. It would be for personal gain, which they are clearly comfortable with. Any disclosure would certainly not be for our benefit.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Lets all cut to the chase if we really are in contact or have been instead of all this BS we get I know somebody who knows somebody who knows something we would have seen real evidence.

After all the quality of supposed ufo images and videos has actually got worse and look how sparse this forum has become.

Technology has got better more people with cameras etc and the so called evidence has got worse.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

yeah of course it is possible the advanced technology that TPTB do have, could possibly make it look like an alien invasion or whatever play there making, the technology they have could be so far in front of anyhthing we know that they could probably make us believe whatever they want.........just like DeLonge, sure we could all get played, regardless i still believe that things are coming to a head for us humans and that something big could very well happen in the next few years or so.
whether thats is a proof of real alien gods with a ww3 or an alien invasion, etc too many high up people (potus) , are talking about ufo's a lot more now than ever before, they know the big picture and i feel like they are slowly trying to tell us something, of course nothing may happen and all this BS could go on for ever, but one day the truth will be reveled and the people hiding that truth will be slaughtered like cattle.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

unless his books coincide with a disclosure process for example each book could be due out in tandem with how they want to disclose things to the people, then it could well be that these 6 books are bestsellers because of new info the world has received...................... just a theory

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

I think they want to be very careful what story is told and how it's told in order to make it seem very justified that they haven't said anything and mocked those who did (and possibly worse).

Thus the fictional along with the factual so that a less dry and more emotionally engaging story of heroes and villains can help do that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join