It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp interviews Tom DeLonge about his big project

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: vlawde

He has drawn very few hard conclusions after these 50 years of researching and writing.

I could be very wrong on this one, but given his involvement in researching certain cases I believe he knows way more than what he has written down in his books.

Brilliant mind and researcher. I consider you very lucky, cause talking to him would be interresting to say the least.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

Sometimes brilliant people lose their wits and get heavily invested in stupid theories. It happens all the time. Even to notable geniuses.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Sometimes brilliant people lose their wits and get heavily invested in stupid theories. It happens all the time. Even to notable geniuses.

And sometimes people aren't geniuses at all, and come up with crackpot nonsense like Break Away Civilizations, huge exaggerations about black projects and infinite apologetics for a very weak theory with no evidence (the ETH).

I'll stick with the "crackpot theories" of recognized geniuses instead. They might be wrong as well however; you are correct there.

Kev

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Very few authors put everything in their books.

Yes, I've been fortunate. I had about 6 total hours with him, (4 at my house and about 2 hours at Olive Garden -- we got some interesting looks there). And we do keep in touch.. but he's a very busy man, so it's not like we are BFF's. Besides, I'm not on his level obviously.

Kev

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Why were guys getting weird looks? Id say the odds would be one in a million anybody eating at a olive garden would recognize or oggle Jacques vallee...or care.

Vallee is an amazing computer scientist and his work to help map tge surface of mars back in the day was exemplary.

But unless the conversation was extremely odd I dont see why you two were getting odd looks. Olive garden, thats a pretty classy place. Right up there with osteria mozza. Kudos.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

It was the subjects we were discussing, fairly loudly, as the place was crowded.
I myself was "born in a sawmill" apparently, and Dr. Vallee's accent is fairly
robust.

That's all.

Kev

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Anyway, mr. deLonge is neither a physicist, nor a scientist. Not even a ufo researcher from what can be ascertained on the interwebs.

Fascinating, isn't it? Perhaps a drug fuelled rock star? Maybe he is J.M.R. Delgado incarnate! Who knows. Still waiting for the next piece.

EDIT: Jose Manuel Rodriguez Delgado

edit on 16-5-2016 by Jonjonj because: Yep

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I find Jack Brewer to be one of the most solid and interesting researchers in the ufological mix. Jack's also a member here. He published this recently on his highly-recommended blog: The UFO Trail.

Tom DeLonge fronted the popular rock band Blink 182 before he apparently decided a rewarding career awaited him in the wide open field of deciphering fact from fiction in ufology cloak and daggers. He put the word out on the street that spooks willing to blow the UFO whistle have a friend in him. The amazing things DeLonge has now learned, he tells us, enable him to inform the masses there are "high level" groups within the Department of Defense aware of "crashes" and the discovery of a "life form." His contacts reportedly include "a high-level member of the Pentagon," prompting the Mirage Men Twitter account to suggest he's the new Paul Bennewitz.

For those coming late to the party, don't worry, you haven't missed much, at least not as far as confirmation of stories about alleged aliens and their crashed spaceships go. There isn't any confirmation. However, you might have some catching up to do on how those tales have been garnished and served to previous generations...

Source: The UFO Trail

I also highly recommend, btw, Jack's new book which I Kindled & devoured recently:

It's starting to sound like Tom's "way up the ladder" might not be all that high after all I might add. I'm not hearing much in the way of Titles with regards his contacts. Anyone found anything on that?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Hi!

So give us a thumbnail on the grey's being framed. I thought they were robots, or in little space suits, or clones, or something else other than what we've assumed they are. So, what's the scoop?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Hi, Lady! Jack's work explores the dangerous & blind intersection--the one Tom Delonge is trying to cross--where the intelligence community meets ufology. Mirage Men meets The Manchurian Candidate would give a general idea. Excellent and important research imo. The Greys Have Been Framed basically grew out of the research he has been publishing on his blog, so it's definitely a good place to get a feel for the book and much of the same information contained within.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I find Jack Brewer to be one of the most solid and interesting researchers in the ufological mix. Jack's also a member here. He published this recently on his highly-recommended blog: The UFO Trail.

Tom DeLonge fronted the popular rock band Blink 182 before he apparently decided a rewarding career awaited him in the wide open field of deciphering fact from fiction in ufology cloak and daggers. He put the word out on the street that spooks willing to blow the UFO whistle have a friend in him. The amazing things DeLonge has now learned, he tells us, enable him to inform the masses there are "high level" groups within the Department of Defense aware of "crashes" and the discovery of a "life form." His contacts reportedly include "a high-level member of the Pentagon," prompting the Mirage Men Twitter account to suggest he's the new Paul Bennewitz.

For those coming late to the party, don't worry, you haven't missed much, at least not as far as confirmation of stories about alleged aliens and their crashed spaceships go. There isn't any confirmation. However, you might have some catching up to do on how those tales have been garnished and served to previous generations...

Source: The UFO Trail

I also highly recommend, btw, Jack's new book which I Kindled & devoured recently:

It's starting to sound like Tom's "way up the ladder" might not be all that high after all I might add. I'm not hearing much in the way of Titles with regards his contacts. Anyone found anything on that?

I second that notion regarding Jack. Well-written blog, informative, and he's very receptive.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Vector99

You will get no refutation from me, hey I said in my first post that it was a disaster, or words to that effect.

I have seen the first part, and one thing stands out: Tom DeLonge says, and I quote: " I think this is a tough thing to swallow and I really believe that there are elements to this that the general public are not ready for..." More or less.

It is important to me this comment...the public are not ready for...what?

I think it's fantastic that we have grown sophisticated enough for us to let Rock stars make that determination for us.

I don't understand the determination you refer to but I think I get the general point. It is a sarcastic point about a pop star being relevant am I right?

There are so many aspects to the ufo story, so many that in fact it is easy to disregard, because so many...so many people have seen unexplained things but it is easy to ignore.

I'm not ignoring the UFO, high strange, mystical, etc, as I've had my own unexplained experiences as well; It's just that giving the most important info in history to a pop star seems like a scene straight out of Tinseltown. Contrived and somehow a bit corny.

But the "trickster" has a wicked sense of humor!!

I don't see why you think letting a rock star role out the information is "corny".

First of all, the government is NEVER going to set up a disclosure project with their own budget. Secondly, I doubt the possibility of the people in the know disclosing anything THEMSELVES was EVER in the cards. They need plausible deniability....and intermediary between them and the people.

Tom Delonge has 3 things that are extremely important for the task. 1) He has the funds, 2) He has the genuine interest, and 3) He has the public's attention

Sure, he is a rock star....but he isn't approaching this as a rock star. He is approaching this professionally, and with careful treading.

It seem to me that what is being presented to us, isn't DISCLOSURE as we all thought it would happen. It is more the people at the top of the food chain giving him permission to start releasing the truth via media, such as fictional books, documentaries, cartoons, magazines, or whatever. Honestly, I wouldn't think disclosure would come any other way.

This way, the people who really want to know, can finally start to put the pieces together....and the people who are too afraid, to opposed to the truth, or for some other reason wish to keep their head in the sand will not have their daily routines interrupted. Its the best of both worlds.

Also, for those of you thinking this is a gimmick...you are taking this WAY too seriously. Perhaps even taking LIFE too seriously. This is a playground, people, plain and simple. Learn to kick back, and enjoy life. Take this all with a grain of salt...but don't dismiss it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: supermarket2012

I'm in absolute agreement with you. If I were a man holding such secrets as we suspect, this is how I would go about releasing it, if I wanted that outcome.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance
a reply to: supermarket2012

I'm in absolute agreement with you. If I were a man holding such secrets as we suspect, this is how I would go about releasing it, if I wanted that outcome.

I too would tell people everything was fiction then they wouldn't believe a word I say.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Thanks for posting that GUT. From what I can gather Jack puts the emphasis on the things he can study directly (unlike UFOs). So he dissects the mechanics of the "UFO industry" and the interactions of the people involved in it.

Here's an interview with him

edit on 19/5/16 by mirageman because: added a video

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Thank you Springer for the post

This isn't the 1st time someone from the music world getting information from high up contacts

Across the other side of the musical genre that Tom played in Timothy Good also had people telling him secret stuff

Why?I expect respect and admiration for these musicians loosened the tongues

Mr Good also has high up contacts

Perhaps Tom was warned he can't spill the beans factually in print but can sprinkle it in fiction ?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Hey GUT,

I just checked out mr. Brewers site. Me like!

Thanks for posting about him here. I didnt know about him before and am enjoying the blog you linked.

Thanks again. You always contribute something good to each thread you post in.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Is there any indication of when we will be given even just the first part of any evidence that will drop the jaws of even the most sceptical of the worlds population?

Are we talking weeks, months or years? Or after all 6 books and movies etc have been released?

I don't really understand why it's neccesary that this has to be done through social media by an ex pop star who will be known to the kids. I never knew who this guy was before the AMA, but if there is going to be undeniable evidence that will be coming forward, why not just give it to someone like George Knapp and let him reveal it on all the MSM news programs? If the evidence is undeniable then it's going to be all over social media anyway, something just doesn't feel right to me why it has to be this way.

I personally don't think there are many people in the civilised world that are ignorant of UFO's or what they imply, whether they think the whole subject is crazy or not, most people understand the concept of space ships and aliens.

We don't need to be drip-fed any information regarding anything about UFO's, the only thing we need to know (with evidence) is, are they terrestial or extraterrestrial? Just that single reveal will keep us busy with discussions and theories of what it means for us until they feel they can disclose the details!

In the mean time...

"I am starting to get a clear picture of why it is kept secret"

"backed into a corner"

"But I'm like, "If people knew what you're doing, they will all day long graduate from MIT and come work for you." "

What do you guys theorise the above quotes could mean? Good news or bad news?

Do you think the humanity was threatened in some way if they were discovered by the general population?

Could we be building fantastic weapons or ships to fight these ETs in space? Or have we been invited to join them on an epic space trip but only if we can build our own ships?

Any connection to black triangles and dreams?

Do you think these 'higher ups' that have been backed into a corner are now having to act fast for some reason and are rushing things forward or was it all part of a long ago planned move?

Gnobody
edit on 20/5/16 by Gnobody because: Formatting

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join