It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp interviews Tom DeLonge about his big project

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Hi.

I usually just lurk around here but i have a strong urge to voice my agreement with the deja vu comments above. I'm not heavily invested in this field but i seem to have heard all this before. Multiple times. Greer, Basset, Dolan etc spring to mind. I don't have any "sources" to rely on so give me something, anything, that can shed some light on the so called "thruth" (whatever that is). At least something worthy of research as opposed to the usual regurgitated stuff.

I'm sorry i can't be more eloquent. Just had to voice my opinion.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I don't understand why some folks keep apologizing for the government?

Why is that?

Is the force of wishful thinking so enormous, that the government could commit any crime and it would be ok, so long as one's personal confirmation bias is preserved?

Psychologically "the government" is rather like the "invisible pink unicorn in the garage" argument.

The "government" cannot be "penetrated" (just like the Unicorn), so you can hang anything on them, as part of an eternal mythos of disclosure.

Now I understand that I'm a pot calling the kettle black (I talk about often "invisible" "Plasma Intelligences"); but I'm discussing a theory.. not making excuses for a Government which has non-stop lied and distorted everything they touch for a very long time.. and who has been caught red handed time after time.

Why?

Kev
edit on 9-5-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Removed last sentence as it may or may not have been accurate.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I think either in the AMA or C2C interview, it was mentioned that the "others" have previously wiped out civilizations for discovering about their existence; so why exactly are they now telling us (or trying to) about their existence?
Are we about to discover something, that will lead to revealing their existence, and this is the higher ups way of giving us a heads up, so we're at least somewhat prepared?
Also the crashes. They think they might be crashing on purpose, but they don't know for sure. Is anyone else picking up a vibe, that they don't really have a full grasp of what's going on?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Wow. I really don't think I "apologize" for the US government here on ATS, though I don't HATE all policy and I can see usefulness in some things 'governmental' - i.e. it keeps us from Mad Max and such. And I don't think this particular topic is about me??

I think you are mischaracterizing me. And I think you mistake me. Holy crap. But if you want to hold up that mirror and say "this is you," be my guest. It wouldn't be the first time. Just don't expect me to agree that the image you present is the real one. For example, I think the government throughout history has committed SERIOUS crimes and needs constant monitoring so that it doesn't become totalitarian. That's any government. If the control freaks of any political persuasion get in there, they need to be checked and balanced.

- AB

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I reconsidered my post to you and removed the last paragraph. It WAS personal, and I don't mean to be personal.

But the question remains.

Do you see that a lot of people make a lot of excuses for the government.. they try to explain the government's behavior in terms of "disclosure" and other things, when the government has been caught red handed lying dozens (hundreds/thousands?)
of times.

If someone has been "had" repeatedly, why do they keep coming back for more abuse?

It's UFOlogical Stockholm Syndrome.

That's my question.

Thanks,

Kev

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: yuppa

yeah of course it is possible the advanced technology that TPTB do have, could possibly make it look like an alien invasion or whatever play there making, the technology they have could be so far in front of anyhthing we know that they could probably make us believe whatever they want.........just like DeLonge, sure we could all get played, regardless i still believe that things are coming to a head for us humans and that something big could very well happen in the next few years or so.
whether thats is a proof of real alien gods with a ww3 or an alien invasion, etc too many high up people (potus) , are talking about ufo's a lot more now than ever before, they know the big picture and i feel like they are slowly trying to tell us something, of course nothing may happen and all this BS could go on for ever, but one day the truth will be reveled and the people hiding that truth will be slaughtered like cattle.

Yeah i dont see the people hiding this getting slaughtered like cattle IF the Aliens themselves say we will protect them because they were following their orders. And dont be surprised if the ships are big triangles and cylinders.
If things dont change they will leave in 2036 and make a big show of it as a F U to the worlds controllers.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thank you for removing the personal part of your post.

As to your modified question, I can only answer for myself. Why would I even entertain that some "truth" would be revealed? You are correct that lies, disinformation and a pogrom of mockery leave a bad taste in one's mouth.

What I'm looking forward to is hearing the version of the story presented now to see what they are now willing to share. Obviously the "extremely high up people" aren't calling a press conference here to go through everything point by point, dismantling truth from lies and basically coming clean.

Could it all be a clever lie? Well some of it should be able to be externally verified. I expect it to be presented with some "spin" at the very least. Makes me wonder if the original folks involved have passed on and are beyond recrimination. If there is less motive for self-protection and current leadership has made a new decision then, why not?

What is happening is a potentially deeper look and confirmation of the parts of this story that those in the know are willing to share publicly. They aren't sharing out of kindness but because they feel they have to. I may be disappointed, also, and I'm aware of that b

That's my take. I'm neither naïve nor close minded. I'm actually exited to see what happens. *shrugs*

AB

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hope springs eternal I guess!

I personally think that something very close to disclosure already happened "The British MOD Project Condign".

From what I know there is more than that...but that was a really good start.

So until the USA comes out with that same material AND the even more interesting parts..then in my opinion they will still be deceiving us.

It's really that simple.

Kev

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: The GUT

The only thing I have independent confirmation of is the fact Tom is speaking with people who are at the stratospheric level of leadership.

All that means is he's gotten higher up the ladder than anyone I've ever heard of or known about. That interests the hell out of me in and of itself. I wanted to discuss it with the members of ATS and see what our community thinks about it - that's why I started this thread.

I can understand your excitement regarding the above. As far as what I think, I am interested in how high he has gotten up the ladder and what he has seen/heard at the top. As far as discretion goes, anyway to relay to the audience how high this ladder is? I believe you mentioned it is even above Podesta, and given the almost sure-fire guarantee he will be a prominent member in the next administration, can you elaborate a little? Where does the top of this ladder lead?

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

So the MOD Project Condign is trustworthy in regards to 'disclosure?' Why?

The conclusion was a giant "what if" regarding plasma and neurological issues - neither of which are scientifically proven, so they answered the UAP/UFO question with another set of currently unproved/possibly unprovable conclusions. They made it clear it wasn't a national security issue. In other words, they conveniently sidestepped any sense of "intelligence" with the "phenomenon" and said it was a misunderstood natural occurrence that messes with people's perceptions (in a nut shell - no aliens, no intelligence, just plasma doing weird things).

Why is that government document more believable than what Tom DeLonge may have access to in the US?

I'm not saying the MOD Project Condign is wrong, and I don't have access to either their data or their underlying intent in making the determinations they did, but it's conclusions seem strangely inadequate, at least to me.

- AB

Ah - I missed something in your post. What I hear you saying, is that if anyone gives out or reaches different conclusions than your own research has shown to you, they are 1) wrong and/or 2) promoting a deception. Well. I think I understand why you've been going after me so much. If I'm wrong on that, I apologize, but it very much seems like that's what you are saying.

edit on 9-5-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

So until the USA comes out with that same material AND the even more interesting parts..then in my opinion they will still be deceiving us. It's really that simple.

"Messengers of Deception" springs to mind. Vallee may have been on to something.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: schuyler

I've read the book, it's a NOVEL not a historical record, I actually enjoyed it. ;-)

I know you may not believe this, but I had figured that out. Thanks for confirming it. After all, it's easy to confuse fiction and non-fiction when it comes to the subject of UFOs.

Tom has a nascent Cargo Cult going here. Whether he gets as good as Greer is debatable, but it's the same M.O. as any Cargo Cult leader ever born. Quit your successful career as a doctor/musician and beat the drum for the Second Coming. That's basically what you've got going here. It's no different than any of the others.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

What would you like 'disclosure' to look like, and do you have a preconceived idea of what that disclosure would reveal? I'm curious. We don't even really know what DeLonge's trail of breadcrumbs is leading to yet, and until I know that, I can't throw out a potential baby with the bathwater of presentation.

I'm not trying to put you on the spot, if you don't want to answer that's ok. I just wonder sometimes what people's expectations are that are not being met. I would agree that for someone such as yourself who has spent a lot of time researching, the form of a novel and some young punk rock star getting special access might not sit well. I am certainly not saying he's the Messiah here in terms of disclosure, but I'm very curious as to what he's putting together and that it seems to be guided step by step informationally by people who would know a lot more than the internet.

I don't think, given what Springer has said, that DeLonge is lying about having access. I'm not sure that the "access" he's getting is giving him the truth, but like I said, I am curious to see what they want to tell us.

- AB

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I haven't been "going after you".

I have been asking questions about Why 68 years or so of non-stop deception should suddenly be overlooked.

That's fair, right?

Yes I have a different theory.

You are welcome to "shoot down" that theory if you can...I'd welcome it.

But you will note; there has not been 68 years of deception from the government and military about my theory.

No need to make this discussion personal (as you correctly stated).

It's just unfortunate for you, that you are in some ways on the side of the 68 years.

I'm not attacking you. I'm asking questions.

Kev

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Why do you think the Condign Report has no deception?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

As I've said before..you are one of the best posters on ATS. Keep it coming. Even when you decide to come after my hypothesis, keep it coming. Thanks for being on the side of common sense and reason rather than just wishful thinking.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: gortex

Recorded in 2014 , Tom shows how deep he is into UFOs.

Dude, who stole his sports model? Sheesh...everyone here should watch that video. Howdy, Gortex, still fighting the good fight I see. You also still pack a mean left, sir.

Hey the Gut, nice to see ya!

What's your thought on the video? He showed to have a working knowledge of various aspects of the UFO topic, and after he shows off his collection you can see his passion. Also hard to miss the UFO tattoo on his arm.

Interestingly, the topics of choice in this video are not the same topics per say from his AMA or C2C interview. If you compare the video from the C2C interview, it's as if all the disinformation crap like cattle mutilations and dulce base are once again in the forefront.

What gives?

It's hard for me to look at the information coming out with any genuine consideration. The simple fact "the government says so" is enough to make it suspect. What I find most curious is to what end? To have someone with money to throw around and name recognition (if only marginally) that claims to essentially speak on behalf of certain government officials "at the highest levels", if wasn't true could easily be confirmed by an official spokesman.

Yet, this decades old mystery of what our government knows about such things doesn't even get a second head nod from mainstream journalists. If government were in fact disclosing this it is certainly the most (thus far) anti-climatic event for such explosive secrets.

Six books mind you, all of which I believe are novels. By the end.....however long that may be (visions of Harry Potter) maybe 5-10 years, we will know the "truth".

How's that for a franchise?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Why do you think the Condign Report has no deception?

It doesn't seem to have any US deception...as it is not about nuts and bolts craft. THAT is the US style of deception.

Now the Condign report has some silliness in it..and omits much of the "truth" from my perspective..

But a lot of it is actual science..that can be verified.

I think that it's just the tip of the iceberg..but it's not just the same old tired deception like the US does.

Kev

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

im no really a jebus follower, infact to me he might be as real as santa clause, but its not just the christian faith that has Armageddon prophecies, i have been led to believe that all major religions have this as a prophecy and they are all closely linked.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I don't think the govt. knows a damn thing other than the narrative the "others" told them.

The only thing the govt. does know is that they are powerless and don't even understand the forces they are dealing with.

We must be an incredible source of amusement for the "others" watching the monkeys chase their tails.

edit on 9-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join