It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

George Knapp interviews Tom DeLonge about his big project

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:31 PM

originally posted by: Jonjonj I don't want world shattering information to be a personal property, to be used for personal gain. I hate that, it is intrinsic in the UFO world, and not only on the side of those who hold the information.

You really should come out and say what you know

this, a thousand times this.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:33 PM
The one part i don't get, is Tom DeLonge really isn't famous, he's rich. He' was in a famous band

I mean below, i put the current and past members of blink 182 and to make things fun, Offspring too. Would you be able to tell who is in which band and who's the past members. I have seen both bands in concert and I couldn't do it. heck, i couldn't match the names and faces if you gave them to me.

Marcus Parrish
Tom DeLonge
Greg K. Noodles
Mark Hoppus
Travis Barker
Scott Raynor
Matt Skiba
Dexter Holland
Pete Parada
Jim Benton
Doug Thompson
James Lilja
Ron Welty
Atom Willard

When they say, he was picked because he is famous, it kind of turns on my BS alarm.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:33 PM
a reply to: Kandinsky

As many have probably pointed out it smacks of the time when those in the know "used" researchers such as Linda Moulton Howe, Emenegger and those guys.

What happened shortly after those guys were used? Massive roll out of the f-117 stealth aircraft and drones. Once again we find ourselves in a time where the military "needs" to bring tech from the black to the light, but not just yet.

edit on 9-5-2016 by Jonjonj because: keyboard warrior gets overexcited and spells stuff...incorrectly

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:37 PM
a reply to: jaws1975

Like the bottom feeders right? That is how I have felt for about 30 years. Never having had the actual ability to be "part" of the game, I have sat close to the table waiting for the crumbs to fall.

I refuse to get excited, but I refuse to ignore it too.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:42 PM
a reply to: thinline

hes not famous to you, im Scottish and know exactly whow he is, and im no fan, of course i didn't know his name but i knew the band, so he is an international star, there is no doubt about that, as soon as i heard he was the lead singer of blink 182 i could picture him in my head with the lip pierced singing next to a plane with the rest of his band.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:49 PM

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Ultimately, that's what has me intrigued by all of this, rightly or wrongly... And yes, I am absolutely willing to eat humble pie should I end up on the wrong side of the equation, it won't be the first time.

That said, I am willing to keep an open mind until I find out one way or the other for sure.

It has to be said that there is no wrong side to this at all. The only reality about it is truth. Believing or not believing, with regards to the truth, are simply positions that are taken using the information we have at hand and deducing from that our opinion.

There are those who know more, and those who know less. I am one who knows less, so enters belief and gut feeling. I know what my gut says though.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:51 PM
a reply to: BO XIAN

It's scary how much you and I agree.

Only I find your religion and the coloring that adds to be 100% in error. I call Christianity the world's first great psychological operation, as promoted by the Roman Empire.

In fact it is my hypothesis that the more unsavory critters out there created your religion lock stock and barrel.

And I know exactly how you MUST take my view, as I spent more than 30 years (off and on) studying how that religion formed and why it became so powerful even though I view it as a 100% sham from start to finish.

But ATS is big enough for us all to have diverging views without making it personal.

I really wish you the very best. And at some point one of us will see which of us is tragically wrong. But I sleep very soundly and do not fear your demons and such, despite having run across a large variety of "dark plasma life forms".

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:02 PM
This post is a revised part of my review on "Sekret Machines." I'm not repeating the review of the book itself, but concentrating and expanding on an exploration of DeLonge's "franchise" comments about his plans for future development.

I had never heard of Tom DeLonge before the (truly failed) AMA, but have since discovered he has done very well for himself in the entertainment business. Indeed, he’s worth over $60 million, so he needn’t worry about paying the rent. And yes, this is actually important with regards to the book because it puts it in context. He has no need to just sell a book and collect royalties. In his world, that’s chump change. But he may have his eye on a bigger prize. After all, having a net worth in the tens of millions is nothing compared to being a billionaire when you can buy your own jet.

Indeed, when you read what he says about this attempt, he’s attempting to sell a “franchise” (His term.) This is the first of several books planned for the “franchise.” Now what exactly is a “franchise”? Here are some examples: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Transformers, Frozen. They are all Big Money examples with repeatable content (sequels), merchandise tie-ins, and attempts to haul in serious dollars in a variety of ways. For example, Tom talks about the need to raise $200 million for a film on the subject. To put this in perspective, the entire budget for “Star Wars, Episode 7; the Force Awakens,” was $200 million. (Source: He says this.

I pitched a massive entertainment franchise that involved novels, feature films, nonfiction books, documentaries, and everything else that goes along with a story that has been told over decades and teaches people the truth about something that is almost too big to handle.
Source: Preface to Sekret Machines

Does that sound like a guy who "doesn't need the money"? So there’s no doubt he is thinking big here, a “massive entertainment franchise.” This is Hollywood-talk, of course. You “pitch” toward investors who, if they like your “pitch,” may commission you for a “pilot” to see how it goes. According to Tom he pitched his idea of what amounts to a UFO Disclosure franchise in several ways. One of them was to the “source material,” people “in the know” who could connect him with others “in the know” and lead to a significant wealth of knowledge. His other “pitch” is to people like us and Coast to Coast as he attempts to “build the branding” of his franchise.

When you listen to this pitch it has a very similar ring to what we’ve heard for decades about UFO Disclosure. The basic idea is this: There are a group of well-connected people who know what is really going on and have decided it’s time to circumvent all the secrecy and inform the public. They’re waiting for “the right time” to disclose. We heard this as far back as the fifties. Today we hear it from people like Steven Greer, who always reluctantly says he “wishes he could tell us, but just can’t” as he alludes to his secret knowledge from top officials “in the know.”

Tom does exactly the same thing. There are a whole host of people he “can’t talk about.” He plugs himself right in the middle of this meme by saying the powers that be have chosen HIM to be the channel for disclosure, the first step of which is this book that, though it is written as fiction, is based on true events. All this is laid out in his preface which you, too, can read in e-book format for a mere $9.99 from Amazon, delivered directly to your android phone or Kindle.

It’s worth noting that this is not Tom’s first foray into writing. Just a couple of years ago (2013) he released The Lonely Astronaut on Christmas Eve, a children’s book. In late 2015 he released Poet Anderson: ...Of Nightmares with Suzanne Young. He’s also done a couple of films and even has designed and marketed apparel. And has the Strange Times website devoted to the paranormal. If you doubt the franchise angle, his article in Wikipedia states:

DeLonge explained in 2014 that he was pondering a "plan B," whereby musical acts could monetize other aspects of their creative portfolio—posters, books, VIP tickets, limited-edition releases—given the challenges of contracts offered by major music companies and the emergence of file-sharing.

DeLonge says this admonishment to readers in his preface:

All along I was never just a "conspiracy theorist." So don't be naive, and become one yourself. Don't regurgitate the same old alien tale. I was never immature about the matter, nor should you be."

And yet, that's EXACTLY what he has done. Look at the UFO conspiracies he has in his book:

Bob Lazar’s “Sports Model” UFO.
Nazis in caves.
Nazis in South America.
Nazis in Antarctica.
Cigar-shaped UFOs.
The TR3B.
Triangles, including Belgium Triangles.
Operation Paperclip.
Men in Black.
Malmstrom AFB Oscar Flight.
Area 51.
Betty and Barney Hill.
Reverse engineering.
Untearable aluminum foil.
Little A’Le Inn (sic)
Money Laundering.
Mysterious deaths.

Sorry, but this sounds very much to me like a conspiracy theorist regurgitating the same old alien tale.

And as for the money angle, there are those here who profess DeLonge is not “in it for the money.” I was willing to go along with that until I read Tom DeLonge’s own words about a “massive entertainment franchise” that involved “monetizing VIP Tickets” and raising $200 million, exactly what Star Wars Episode 7 cost, for a movie about all this. I don’t know about you, but I think the word “monetize” is all about making money. But go ahead and believe otherwise if you want.

edit on 5/9/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:08 PM
a reply to: Jonjonj

I'm not hiding anything...most of what I know is posted on my blog (see my signature line) and splattered across various posts on ATS.

I'm doing everything I can, within just mild limits, to get everyone thinking about possibilities most people do not consider.

I don't want fame or notoriety. I'm doing fine financially. I'm loved by a wonderful younger woman and I cuddle up with my family of 3 (including pets) 7 days a week.

Why would I want to turn myself into a Greer or other UFO loser?

This "stuff" remains highly subjective.

I know various people who have spent decades training their autonomic nervous systems who have done completely insane things in an attempt to get a look behind "the veil".

This includes myself.

It generally destroys you...and if you set your sights on piercing the UFO disinfo veil, then you generally wind up even worse...even if you get some "results".

Read "Messengers of Deception" by Vallee to see what happens.

I've only sipped the craziness...I am working hard not to gulp it and destroy myself.

But crazy people like me do tend to make friends with other crazy people like me...So I hear various things. See various things.

But all that said..that card holding metaphor was referring to others not me.

You should take anything I say as a theory just like i say it is.

I hope I explained myself properly. I'm sorry for any confusion.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:09 PM
a reply to: schuyler

A very well thought out analysis it is too. Thank you for that, and the speculation about the money angle.

Personally speaking though, I am going to let the information speak for itself and be damned with the motivation, that is what anybody with a more than passing interest in the subject should do.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:22 PM
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I love your posts, although I often don't respond that doesn't mean I disregard them, I simply have nothing to add or have no experience in the subject matter.

I also take what you say as theory, how could I not? You are very clear sometimes yet somewhat enigmatic other times with your answers though, so there is that.

Regarding subjectivity,,,there can only be subjectivity if the truth is not, in fact, a real truth, so I feel I must disagree with you on that point.

I have read quite a bit of Vallee's work, and it is sterling for what it is in my humble opinion. But it starts with the premise that we are fundamentally wrong to believe in the physical reality of the phenomena, I disagree with that, perhaps because I believe people and not theories.

"When I speak of a control system for planet earth, I do not want my words to be misunderstood: I do not mean that some higher order of beings has locked us inside the constraints of a space-bound jail, closely monitored by psychic entities we might call angels or demons. I do not propose to redefine God. What I do mean is that mythology rules at a level of our social reality over which normal political and intellectual action has no power…."

Quote fro Vallee regarding ufo's.

I disagree with this opinion fundamentally, I believe the phenomenon is an actual, physical reality.

I also would not be so worried about being crazy, crazy is the new black.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:27 PM

now im even more intrigued to find out what these books say now, if he expects it to be as big as Star Wars, i wont be paying for them tho thats for sure so he wont be making nothing out of me, not when i can get it for free from the net, but its a bit like saying to your wife that you are going to quit your job that pays the bills and mortgage to sink all your dough into this dream of owning your own burger franchise, then when she flips out youd say yeah but ive got a secret burger recipe that is a taste sensation, everyone is gonna want my burgers. all im saying is he must be really confident in the info he has if he thinks his books are gona b the next Star Wars.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:32 PM

originally posted by: Davg80 he wont be making nothing out of me

the man is a multi-millionaire. i take that as meaning it's likely that his present course is a labour of love/belief, in no way financially motivated. i'd infer that financial gain is the least of it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:33 PM

Personally speaking though, I am going to let the information speak for itself and be damned with the motivation, that is what anybody with a more than passing interest in the subject should do.

Perhaps it's just me but I can't see how you can separate "information" from "motivation"....

Aren't they linked ? The motivation of leaked, produced, or fabricated information regardless of the source brings everything into question even ole Tom De. I don't trust him...his AMA seemed, to strange and outright deceptive to take at face value.

edit on 9-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:37 PM
a reply to: Davg80

The interesting thing about this whole venture will be to see where it leads, and I for one will not be told to disregard it simply because there is money to be made.

The money angle means absolutely nothing to me, the information is what counts, so we hold our breath, right?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:41 PM
a reply to: olaru12

Not really, I can have the motivation to cure cancer, but not the information to actually do it. Conversly I can have the cure for cancer and yet lack the motivation to release it.

You are using your gut to decide whether you believe, I am using my gut and deciding that the most important information is the information in itself, not the motivation for the release. We are both correct in our procedures.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:44 PM

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

originally posted by: Davg80 he wont be making nothing out of me

the man is a multi-millionaire. i take that as meaning it's likely that his present course is a labour of love/belief, in no way financially motivated. i'd infer that financial gain is the least of it.

Agreed on principal, but having seen how many ufo researchers have been used/used the ufo community, it is hardly surprising that some people are just angry about all this.

The evidence, let's see that then decide I say.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:44 PM
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

yes thats what i think too, what i was getting at was the information he knows must be explosive, and he must be expecting this information to gather such attention that it will see his books getting made into movies that are on the same level as the biggest movie franchise there is.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:47 PM

Well thanks.

The phenomenon I'm speaking about is "more than physical" actually, at least at it's most impressive.

When Dr. Vallee came to my house, one of the first things he asked me about was how these "UFOs" could be solid and also "not solid" sometimes at the same time or nearly the same time.

So I explained my theory about that.

I'm not divulging anything personal there...he asks that question all the time in his books.

My apologies that I'm not always clear.

And my positions slowly change like anyone else, as I acquire more and better information.

Of course I'm frequently wrong too...this "stuff" is HARD.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:47 PM

I don't want world shattering information to be a personal property, to be used for personal gain. I hate that, it is intrinsic in the UFO world, and not only on the side of those who hold the information.

Just flipping share it, cut the drip feeding through fiction. Just lay it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>