It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Threatens the West With NATO Ultimatum

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

More lies I am afraid. ISIS are just taking everyone for a ride, and the West being so gullible believes it. I can vouch for that. I know it is all BS. Assad would not have anything to do with them. Don't believe what you read. I am fortunate in having other sources of information that can be trusted.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

Do you have anything to support your claim its a lie? I think Assad would work with whomever if it keeps him in power.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

um america created al queda, this is common knowledge. and they have been training insurgents for decades...... should they be sanctioned?

Care to provide proof of this?

It's only common knowledge to those who think it's a conspiracy.

Do you really want to discuss who is training insurgents, because Iran, and Russia have their hands deep in that game also?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

Don't believe what you read.

Okay...

I am fortunate in having other sources of information that can be trusted.

I won't.

Thanks for the advice.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

well yeah dude america was giving al queda weapons and training during the soviet invasion.

and dont dismiss a perfectly valid military tactic like that. death squads/insurgent groups are essential to warfare.
edit on 3-5-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Im not sure it's an assumption, investigations done by the UK prove Putin did work to silence Litvinenko.
its not illegal? It might just get you killed, and as you said, make your life difficult. So people who are afraid to speak against him have to get out of the country, thats not very freedom like..
So are you saying countries should attack their opposition with measures to shut them up by force? are you kidding?!

Democracy works, it has flaws, but it works, might be retarded sometimes because of double standards and everything, but.. It's not a lie, it has been twisted by politicians who lack spine, thats all.
It so works, you are allowed to be on the web saying whatever you want to say, it wouldnt be the case otherwise.

If Putin is not a dictator in true sense of the word, he has all the characteristics of one, look at all the propaganda, scare tactics he employs. He even switches places with Medvedev, changes constitution just so it fits his power hunger. Wouldnt be a surprise if he leaves power and gets someone as his pupet.
edit on 3-5-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Of course the CIA created Al Queda, they even granted them Stinger missiles!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Look at NATO and the USA prior to these invasions you speak of. Look at their expansion of power and control in the region(s) around Russia. Look at a timeline and a map.

Except NATO isn't an expansion of power and control, it has no political movement, it is a defensive force to support people who apply to be in it and doesn't promote expansion through a combined NATO military force.

It protects countries few people who do promote expansion through force, someone like Putin.

Simple really.

Remarkable.

Who was under threat of expansion from Iraq post-1991? What about Libya? What threat was Yemen to the world?

Why has NATO aggressively expanded it's borders since 1991? Why have they backed the Far-right regime in Georgia? Why did they orchestrate a coup in Ukraine that brought to power people quite happy to openly fly Nazi flags?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

What color is the sky in your world? I ask because everything in your post makes no sense and is not supported by, well, anything.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

ohh yeah? what did those investigation actually find? that two men speaking russian were seen leaving the hotel. oooooh must have been putin. please let me know what else they found. come on. im ready to hear it.

no im not kidding. whats wrong with that. order has to be kept. when a president is elected and makes the lives of the people living in his country better why should i support opposition to him?

democracy works to a certain extent. and i straight up dont agree with it. i think people should be able to think and say what they want. but if people are saying things that incite violence no freaking way. for example the sjw crowd, the feminists, and the BLM movement. those groups are tearing the country apart. they need to be dealt with for the good of the people. sorry for giving a # about actual quality of life over some queer form of government so many seem to believe in.

ok dude. dictators dictate. tell me right now what putin has dictated.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Let's see Iraq. Afganastan.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.washingtonpost.com... b78677d51_story.html

Not to mention the number of journalists killed that keeps rising, after they are considered Anti-Putin..

Sure, some groups are divisive, I find the SJWS, BLMS and most Feminists dont agree with reason even if hits them in the head, but the way you put it, sounds like you want them to be put off in an agressive kind of manner? And how are those groups you mentioned tearing the country apart? seems like order is still in order. Dont be sorry, it's your opinion, Im just reading and debating.

There's a thing called Constitution, order has to be kept alright, but either you follow the law or your also part of the problem. In the Constitution, free speech, the groups you talked about, are doing that, demonstrating and exercising their free speech right.

You like a strong leadership, ok, nothing wrong with that.

Dictators not just dictate, they resort to methods to silence free speech and opposition, Putin does that, very well. Even the way he went out and conquered Crimea, boasting the national sentiment of the old soviet union, he cares about his people? sure I dont deny that, as long as they fall in line, his own line. He is the new model of modern dictators.

foreignpolicy.com...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

well yeah dude america was giving al queda weapons and training during the soviet invasion.

Except they weren't Al Quaeda at the time they were just a bunch of Afghani's raging jihad against the soviet union, and yes the US was helping them...not uncommon knowledge.

So what's the point?

Russia did the same with NK during the Korean war.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
A few weeks ago, I saw a short mockumentary where the film-makers went to America (DC?) and interviewed people in the street.

They asked: 'Obama has said America should bomb Moscow. Do you agree?'. Only 10% of respondents did not.

The film-makers then went to Moscow and interviewed people there.

They asked: 'Putin has said Russia should bomb Washington. Do you agree?'. Only 10% of respondents did.

Interviewees that did not agree with bombing civilian capital cities in 'peacetime', questioned the interviewer. People questioned the premise and validity of the survey, the morality of killing innocent civilians, the destruction of history written in the streets and the architecture.

This week, I saw a news report about a Russian serviceman in Iraq ordering his unit to target him. He was surrounded by ISIS. His order was to aim directly at him so he could 'take as many of these scum with me as I can'.

Today, extremists in the Phillipines have been beheading Canadians.

Thinking people of all nations understand extremism is the only real threat to peace and security. The truly indoctrinated don't realise how artificially divided they are. Russia is serious in her fight against extremism because 90% of respondents (in the street survey) think for themselves. Putin is merely the figurehead of a population that does not want Syrians bombed in their homes when they are eating their supper or Americans bombed in their beds.

Putin's words to the UN today and reports of Russian spies attempting to thwart stronger ties between Sweden and NATO are about defending Russia and her people against the drums of war. If Putin were not so in touch with public opinion he would lose popularity and eventually the mandate. As a politician, he has not promoted aggressive foreign policy but has been strong in defence of Russia against NATO encroachment and has taken the fight against extremism seriously.

There is a real problem with right wing bias in the press. The narrative twisted to reflect aggression instead of diplomacy. Even traditionally left of centre press have joined the party.

Why? Why feed the narrative of war? Is it a deflection? I think the demonization of Putin is to deflect all attention from the motley crew of vipers that pass for world leaders in this day and age.

Putin is currently the biggest outcast on the world leader's stage, an accolade that used to belong to Ahmadinijad.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Let's see Iraq. Afganastan.

Iraq 1 - occurred when Iraq invaded Kuwait. The US under UNSCR led a coalition to remove Iraqi forces from Kuwait.
Iraq 2 - Finished what we should have during Iraq 1. Not to mention all the UNSCR's Iraq was in violation of.
Afghanistan - Refused to turn over Bin Laden to the US. The US invoked CH7 Art 61 of UN Charter - self defense.

All 3 were also authorized by the US Congress.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

Do you remember the name or where you saw it? I would like to read about it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Once again Putin has demonstrated he is insane and a threat to peace

Jesus, do you actually believe/read the stuff you type?

You should really seek help for these delusions. Its painful to watch someone so confused.

Anyone with a 10th of a brain knows the last 15yrs of insane decisions and policies by the WEST have brought us to this end game.

What would you like Russia and Syria to do? just lay down their arms and welcome the US / ISIS liberators?

the only threat to peace is people like you, who ramble on about evil dictators while completely ignoring the fact that we, the WEST are the ones working behind the scenes for totally anarchy and war.
edit on 3/5/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Why has NATO aggressively expanded it's borders since 1991?

When did NATO have borders, and what is aggressively expanded about what NATO does?

There is a process a country has to go through to become a member if they don't do what is needed they are rejected...just as Ukraine was when they applied the first time.

Why have they backed the Far-right regime in Georgia? Why did they orchestrate a coup in Ukraine that brought to power people quite happy to openly fly Nazi flags?

SO which regime would that be?

Unless Ukraine has a law stating one can't fly one then what's the problem?

As for the coupe you say they orchestrated...NATO is not involved in Ukraine and hasn't been, so please explain how they were behind this coupe?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yup Putin is insane and is a threat.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join