It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Threatens the West With NATO Ultimatum

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Putin Threatens the West With NATO Ultimatum

As of this writing, the “cessation of hostilities” in Syria has all but collapsed, and thousands of Russian forces are aiding Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s campaign to retake Aleppo.

At the same time, the Minsk II agreement between Russia and Ukraine remains, as it always has been, an agreement more honored in the breach than in the observance thereof.

In both cases, it is clear that Moscow never meant to implement the provisions to which it signed on. The cessation of hostilities in Syria never was a true cessation, war continued against Assad’s opponents and Russian President Vladimir Putin is now revealed to have told Assad, "We won’t let you lose.”

Meanwhile, more European elites are saying that we should relieve the sanctions burden on Russia because, after all, Putin is cooperating with the West against terrorism in Syria.

But those who wish to ease or remove sanctions on the grounds of Putin’s alleged cooperation in Syria against terrorists have the burden of proof upon them to demonstrate how this cooperation actually manifests itself and why we should begin a process of dialogue. Putin has made clear that Russia, under his rule, will not and cannot make credible commitments.

At the NATO-Russia Council meeting, Russia’s Ambassador Alexander Grushko delivered an ultimatum to NATO, saying that any move by NATO to enhance its self-defense will be regarded by Russia as a threat that precludes negotiations and will impel Moscow to take its habitual “appropriate responses.” Grushko revealed not only that Moscow sees NATO as a threat, but also that it insists NATO not defend itself, since such moves are inherently provocative.

Click link for remainder of article...

Once again Putin has demonstrated he is insane and a threat to peace. Now he's demanding NATO cease its self defense plans that are underway. Apparently Obama once again gave in by ruling out any further countries from joining NATO so it does not "provoke" Russia. Recently its been discovered Putin told Assad they won't let him lose and we are seeing that with Syrian government forces ignoring the cease fire they signed to continue attacking non Isis forces.

He invades Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova and does not understand why bordering countries are increasing their defense abilities. He threatens Finland and Sweden with a military response should they join NATO.

Everything Putin is bitching about has occurred because of his actions.

Putin must go before he starts WWIII over his ego and image.

Other Source -
* - Memo to Europe: Don’t Fall for Russia’s Empty Promises
edit on 3-5-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
The country that is surrounded by militarized nations(through an alliance now outdated) and helping a nation survive and not fall into chaos like Libya is a threat to peace. Sure.

+8 more 
posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Once again Putin has demonstrated he is insane and a threat to peace. Now he's demanding NATO cease its self defense plans that are underway. Apparently Obama once again gave in by ruling out any further countries from joining NATO so it does not "provoke" Russia. Recently its been discovered Putin told Assad they won't let him lose and we are seeing that with Syrian government forces ignoring the cease fire they signed to continue attacking non Isis forces.

Putin must go before he starts WWIII over his ego and image.
Other Source -
* - Memo to Europe: Don’t Fall for Russia’s Empty Promises

So you want a world war to take putin out, before HE starts a world war...? you need one of these

edit on 3-5-2016 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Russia is not surrounded and people who keep making that argument need to look at a globe. Had Putin decided not to try and resurrect the Soviet Union then you could make the argument NATO is out of date. Since he is invading neighbors and threatening them the alliance is very much relevant.

I think the reason Putin hates NATO is it serves as a constant reminder that NATO survived and the Soviet Union collapsed. His nostalgia about the USSR is telling.

Russia signed onto the Libyan UNSCR.

In Syria he is not fighting ISIS as he claims. He is propping up a government that acts the same as ISIS by killing anyone, civilians included, just to remain in power.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

Feel free to point out where I said I want WW3.

Secondly point out where a war is required to remove someone from office.

Warmonger much?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Russia is not surrounded and people who keep making that argument need to look at a globe. Had Putin decided not to try and resurrect the Soviet Union then you could make the argument NATO is out of date. Since he is invading neighbors and threatening them the alliance is very much relevant.

I think the reason Putin hates NATO is it serves as a constant reminder that NATO survived and the Soviet Union collapsed. His nostalgia about the USSR is telling.

Russia signed onto the Libyan UNSCR.

In Syria he is not fighting ISIS as he claims. He is propping up a government that acts the same as ISIS by killing anyone, civilians included, just to remain in power.

Who would you rather were in power? Western backed extremists?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

How about a Russian president who represents the Russian people. Ever think of that? They have elections coming up in case you over looked that in order to concentrate solely on one asinine theory.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If Putin drops Assad, Siria will become another Iraq and Lybia. You cant replace a dictator with another dictator, it just makes things worse.

Now, in Europe, he is pushing it, if Obama and European leaders have some *alls, the moment he tries to attack Moldova, or Poland or some other country that used to belong to Soviet Union or not, I would intervene! I know there is a rapid reaction force on stand by.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Look at NATO and the USA prior to these invasions you speak of. Look at their expansion of power and control in the region(s) around Russia. Look at a timeline and a map.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

In a previous thread you alluded to the next POTUS that would be more hard line and not afraid to take military action . I am thinking that you are a bit of a war hawk and use every opportunity to spin what ever news in that direction . I see Kerry is doubling down on the Syrian effort to re-establish the stop fighting .Problem is ,is that he is not including Russia and Syria in that effort . I think its the Saudi's and the moderate Terrorist , I mean opposition he has at the table ......

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Any nation that qualifies can join NATO and the countries that have joined spent 50+ years under Nazi AND USSR occupation. Those sovereign countries have a right to take steps to protect themselves from Russian aggression.

If Russia didn't continually threaten their neighbors (or invade them) they might have more friends.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Russian aggression? Look at the West's aggression over the world following the Second World War.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Ironic considering the pro russian supporters are the ones who went down the war avenue while overlooking everything else.

My comments on the next President was pointing out that Putin AND China have a short window to grab things before we elect a president with a backbone.

Relying on Russia for a ceasefire in Syria is like relying on Russia for a cease fire in Ukraine = its not gonna happen since they use cease fires to regroup / rearm / continue their attacks.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Russian aggression? Look at the West's aggression over the world following the Second World War.

Yes Russian aggression...

Korean war - N. Korea invades S. Korea and was supported by Russia / China / India / Mongolia.
Lebanon - After the barracks were attacked we occupied their port / airport.
Cuba - A failed invasion by US supported forces to remove communism from N. America - failed.
Vietnam - N. Vietnam, supported by China / Russia, invaded S. Vietnam.
Grenada - Seized by Cuban forces.
Panama - Removed Noriega.
Gulf War I - Iraq invades / occupies Kuwait. Multi national force removes Iraqi forces.
Haiti - US restored the elected President to power after a coup.
Bosnia - US / other forces entered to stop ethnic cleansing.
Afghanistan - Chapter VII article 51 invoked UN Charter.
Gulf War II - Finishing up what should have been done during gulf war I

Now, which one are you referring to?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Warmonger much?

So when you say that Putin MUST go, you mean your gonna move to russia, and vote for some other guy next election? Good luck with that

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What of American and NATO aggression? Hmm?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

Look the west has a long long long laundry list of sins.

But that still doesnt negate the fact Putin is a twat.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
The OP seems to think only the Russians are doing wrong. He keeps failing to acknowledge the West's aggression which outdoes the Russian "aggression". Invading one nation, with some sort of reasoning. The reasoning is arguable, so I'm not going to say it was right. But look at American and NATO "interventions".

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Warmonger much?

Btw iam curious, how exactly are you gonna remove someone from office in a foreign nation, without somekind of war/aggresion - you dont believe the russian people should be allowed to pick their own leader??

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
double post
edit on 3-5-2016 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join