It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Threatens the West With NATO Ultimatum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
And why do you ignore the fact that British and American intelligence have planned the invasion and control of Syria since the 50s?

Probably for the same reasons you ignore Soviet / Russian battle plans for conquering Europe and destroying the US.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

and I answered that question.. Do I need to make my comment easier for you to understand it?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Those countries have their own sovereign governments. The same cant be said for countries Russia occupies / controls.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: crazyewok
The OP seems to think only the Russians are doing wrong. He keeps failing to acknowledge the West's aggression which outdoes the Russian "aggression". Invading one nation, with some sort of reasoning. The reasoning is arguable, so I'm not going to say it was right. But look at American and NATO "interventions".

Can you show one example of western aggression that was just that, simple aggression, that "outdoes" Russian aggression.

Can you spell Iraq?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

And why do you ignore the fact that British and American intelligence have planned the invasion and control of Syria since the 50s?

Probably for the same reasons you ignore Soviet / Russian battle plans for conquering Europe and destroying the US.

The US has plans drawn up for the invasion of the UK. Should I be worried?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You sure love to justify your countries reasons for wars. Nice American propaganda. Who do you work for ?
edit on 3-5-2016 by Joecanada11 because: Spelling error

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Building fake islands
you don't build a fake Island for peat sakes .Japan had built Islands . The US has carrier groups that act as Islands .Some Islands actually float and are made of plastic . fake islands .Show me where it is wrong to create a Island .Especially in your neighbourhood . I see the Americans are OK with occupying Cuba which is a Island and they were not invited to do that . Got to give it to you though ,for effort .

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

and I answered that question.. Do I need to make my comment easier for you to understand it?

Yes please do so, iam a little slow - could you please point out to me, where you answered my question? Should be real easy to do
thanks

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You are defending nations that have admitted to planning the death of their own citizens as an excuse to invade other countries and making out they are any better than Russia. Utter tripe.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

No more worried than Americans are about Defense Scheme No 1, Canadian invasion plans for the US.
edit on 3-5-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

You sure love to justify your countries reasons for wars. Nice American propaganda. Who do you work for ?

Nope just the truth. Which war are you not agreeing with?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Russia problem is it has driven all its friends away and restarted rivalries that were once dead at a time it can least afford it. Putin simply misjudged the world and his timing was terrible.

At one point he had the lack of any real reaction from the West moves into South Ossetia, Abkhazia and Georgia. The US was distracted by Iraq and Afghanistan and Putin saw that a green light to do whatever he wanted in former Soviet Republics.

So when Ukraine started to pull away, Putin saw the world this way. He expected support from BRICS, Iran, Belarus and the Former Soviet Republics in Central Asia and no real push back from the West. NATO had practically disarmed, The US was busy and nobody else would care. The one trick pony of Russia economy oil and gas were still doing ok in the market and Russia was working to reform its military. What could go wrong?

Well just about everything. The US noticed, NATO woke up, BRICS showed that its only common interest was a bank, Iran, India, China, Belarus and the FS Central Asia Republics failed to support Russia and suddenly Russia was all alone.

Then came the UN condemnation and only 6 nations Afghanistan, Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Noth Korea, and Syria recognized Russia's annexation of Crimea. Then came Western Sanctions, along with a drop in oil prices, then a costly stalemate in Ukraine and another costly campaign in Syria that has no end in sight. Both places Russia half left and is half hanging about because it not afford to stay nor afford to leave.

The other former Soviet states once close allies have all began moves to get away from Russia, China once thought of by Putin as Russia's savior has proved to be more than willing to advantage or Russia problems. Trade and Defense deals with Ukraine, taking Russian markets in the FS Central Asian Republics and while Turkey and Russia had a show down China began signing deals with Turkey. Putins attempts to threaten Sweden, Finland and Turkey all back fired making them more defiant.

Now with two conflicts with no end, the Russian economy in tatters, Russian defense spending being reduced and with no support from anybody that matters Russia is just in a bad spot. All it can hope for is that the West is willing to go back to the way things were, forgive and forget and that at some point it can muster the strength to back down China. Russia is currently trying to be global power with and economy the size Mexico's. That is a recipe for disaster.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Who do you work for ?
need a hint ?

The British government is waging information warfare in Syria by funding media operations for some rebel fighting groups, ... ... Contractors hired by the Foreign Office but overseen by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) produce videos, photos, military reports, radio broadcasts, print products and social media posts branded with the logos of fighting groups, and effectively run a press office for opposition fighters. Materials are circulated in the Arabic broadcast media and posted online with no indication of British government involvement. ... Through its Conflict and Stability Fund the government is spending £2.4m on private contractors working from Istanbul to deliver “strategic communications and media operations support to the Syrian moderate armed opposition” (MAO). The contract is part of a broader propaganda effort focused on Syria, with other elements intended to promote “the moderate values of the revolution” ... ... The documents call for contractors to “select and train a spokesman able to represent all the MAO groups as a single unified voice”, as well as providing media coaching to “influential MAO officials” and running a round-the-clock “MAO central media office” with “media production capacity”. One British source with knowledge of the contracts in action said the government was essentially running a “Free Syrian army press office”.
www.moonofalabama.org...

link   
I seem t o be fashionably late to the 'Putin 2016' party. It's not the first one I have been to.

Looking at the OP, Putin is definitely over aggressive YET AGAIN and breaking rules YET AGAIN.

The arguments I see against this are based in fantasy. Russian planes continue to dangerously maneuver around our ships and planes in international waters, most reminiscent of North Korean temper tantrums. Russia invades, as in order to to own and take over forever, sovereign nations. Putin is trying to rebuild a Soviet Union. It is as plain as day.

Please, continue to worship your shirtless man on a horse, though.
edit on 3-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Yet once again you ignore the relevant part. China is a member of UNCLOS which defines sovereign territory. Building an artificial island, which China is doing, does not create sovereign land meaning there is no territorial waters or airspace.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

No more worried than Americans are about Defense Scheme No 1, Canadian invasion plans for the US.

Well gosh darn it. Someone better hurry up and drop a jdam on Justin Trudeau.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You are defending nations that have admitted to planning the death of their own citizens as an excuse to invade other countries and making out they are any better than Russia. Utter tripe.

You mean like Russia bombing apartment buildings in order to blame Chechnya to create justification for invading and occupying Chechnya?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Apparently not with your comprehension level.

What part of me talking about Putins threats to NATO are confusing you?
What part about me talking about their up coming elections are confusing you?

Be less lazy and READ.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: crazyewok
The OP seems to think only the Russians are doing wrong. He keeps failing to acknowledge the West's aggression which outdoes the Russian "aggression". Invading one nation, with some sort of reasoning. The reasoning is arguable, so I'm not going to say it was right. But look at American and NATO "interventions".

Can you show one example of western aggression that was just that, simple aggression, that "outdoes" Russian aggression.

Can you spell Iraq?

What about it? Saddam was still committing genocide after Gulf 1, and the british inteligence community was telling us that he had Chemical weapons..Which last I heard Chlorine and Sarin gas were considered WMDs.

Wanna try again?
edit on 3-5-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join