It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: Gryphon66

You're a forum sliding troll who is making a pretence at having asked legitimate questions and having not received answers, despite the wonderfully rich and detailed discussion which filled the thread before you arrived with your song & dance. You aren't fooling any of us, and we only point out your tactics so that less aware persons perusing these pages won't be swayed by your burgeoning psy-op.

Best.

Really?

Ciao.

Thanks for making it so personal. You're quite clear in your dislike.

If you don't feel like asking other members for their experiences and thoughts is "legitimate" I can't help you there.

Who cares what you think? Again, it's not about me or what you think of me. It's about the topic which is the "undenyability of the Mandela Effect" which remains, quite obviously, questionable.

Sorry to interrupt the cultish proclamations though by asking simple questions and pointing out simple logic.

I'd be very glad to hear what you have to say on the topic, when you're finished trying to insult me, LOL.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You're a forum sliding troll who is making a pretence at having asked legitimate questions and having not received answers, despite the wonderfully rich and detailed discussion which filled the thread before you arrived with your song & dance. You aren't fooling any of us, and we only point out your tactics so that less aware persons perusing these pages won't be swayed by your burgeoning psy-op.

Best.

Really?

Ciao.

Thanks for making it so personal. You're quite clear in your dislike. Are you accusing me of conducting a psy-op or being a shill? Why not come out and say it?

If you don't feel like asking other members for their experiences and thoughts is "legitimate" I can't help you there.

Why do you want to shut down reasonable discussion? Why are simple facts, logic and reason so out of place in the discussion of this phenomenon? Why are you trying to exclude anyone who doesn't toe your ideological line?

Again, it's not about me or what you think of me. It's about the topic which is the "undeniability of the Mandela Effect" which remains, quite obviously, questionable.

Sorry to interrupt the cultish proclamations though by asking simple questions and pointing out simple logic.

I'd be very glad to hear what you have to say on the topic, when you're finished trying to insult me, LOL.
edit on 1-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I will re-emphasise, it's about experience, not belief.

Your use of the loaded term 'belief', along with the stupidly obvious assertion that we are exhibiting 'cult' tendencies, is startlingly obvious, and should be the final nail in the coffin, a clear indictment of your illegitimacy in this conversation.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Best.

Really?

Ciao.

Your only telling the naïve, the Kool-aid tastes great, don't mind the corpse like bodies laying about.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I will re-emphasise, it's about experience, not belief.

Your use of the loaded term 'belief', along with the stupidly obvious assertion that we are exhibiting 'cult' tendencies, is startlingly obvious, and should be the final nail in the coffin, a clear indictment of your illegitimacy in this conversation.

How is it that "belief" is such a loaded term? Experience involves perception and memory BOTH of which we know can be faulty. I am stating that YOU are exhibiting cultish behavior in your obsessive reactions to me! I'd say that's more than fair after the sorry lack of decorum you're exhibiting towards me.

I'm not sure why you want me out of the conversation so badly, but I'm here, discussing the topic with anyone who will do so.

My opinions are very clear and are a part of the discussion as well. Sorry you don't like that.

Why not do something besides critique me and actually SAY SOMETHING about the topic? What's your explanation, since you seem to think that anyone who disagrees with ... whatever it is you believe ... is a government agent conducting a psy-op ...

I'm not by the way. I'm just another ATS member, vainly, it seems, trying to discuss a topic.
edit on 1-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

No really, thank YOU for being such an obvious agent for the dissemination of lies & distortion.

People only have to go back over the earlier content of the thread, to see how a rational discussion was turned on its head by your arrival, and has now degenerated into a back & forth in which we are battling to establish true reflections of the intents, motivations & legitimacy of the experiences of the participants of this thread.

Keep being so obvious, and I will have no further need to point out your clear disinformation tactics.

In fact yeah, sod it. Last response to you. I am comfortable with my efforts in this thread, and am satisfied that the dedicated reader will discern the bulk of useful information (which was largely compiled before you arrived on site to destroy the conversation). Bravo.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Absolutely , memory is faulty . Several of these examples, I have ' logical' explanations for . The Snickers/ Marathon bar that people were talking about a few days ago is easily explained and once explained it was not mentioned again. I am having a really rough time with Reba & the Bears though, LOL. When Reba was at the height of her popularity I did not have a computer or cable tv and was not a country music fan. I did not own any of her albums. I also was a pretty heavy drinker at that time.
This is maybe 1990 , plus or minus a few years. I do remember her name being spelled McIntyr . But now I am thinking how often would I have actually SEEN her name in print anywhere? If I did not buy her albums, go to her concerts, wear her tshirts, watch her win country music awards on tv shows, would I have ever seen her name with my own eyes printed anywhere?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No really, thank YOU for being such an obvious agent for the dissemination of lies & distortion.

People only have to go back over the earlier content of the thread, to see how a rational discussion was turned on its head by your arrival, and has now degenerated into a back & forth in which we are battling to establish true reflections of the intents, motivations & legitimacy of the experiences of the participants of this thread.

Keep being so obvious, and I will have no further need to point out your clear disinformation tactics.

In fact yeah, sod it. Last response to you. I am comfortable with my efforts in this thread, and am satisfied that the dedicated reader will discern the bulk of useful information (which was largely compiled before you arrived on site to destroy the conversation). Bravo.

Good. I'm glad you're happy with what you've tried to say and do about me ... now ... as to the topic ...

What do you think about this "Mandela Effect" thing??? Wierd, huh?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

a reply to: jacygirl

Notice the pretend gestures of friendship & collaboration that agents of the enemy offer in the immediate aftermath of a scathing rebuke.

Yup, but that's okay...I was waiting for it.
I've lived with a passive-aggressive, not too hard to figure out their next move.

No worries, I'm working on some research towards a lengthy response of my findings.

I was asked to make a thread for someone today, so I'm trying to play hostess.
I'm not bailing out...here for the long run.
jacy

edit on 1-5-2016 by jacygirl because: sp

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: schmae

Absolutely , memory is faulty . Several of these examples, I have ' logical' explanations for . The Snickers/ Marathon bar that people were talking about a few days ago is easily explained and once explained it was not mentioned again. I am having a really rough time with Reba & the Bears though, LOL. When Reba was at the height of her popularity I did not have a computer or cable tv and was not a country music fan. I did not own any of her albums. I also was a pretty heavy drinker at that time.
This is maybe 1990 , plus or minus a few years. I do remember her name being spelled McIntyr . But now I am thinking how often would I have actually SEEN her name in print anywhere? If I did not buy her albums, go to her concerts, wear her tshirts, watch her win country music awards on tv shows, would I have ever seen her name with my own eyes printed anywhere?

I can only tell you what I know to be true. I have these experiences and have had them for 50 years. They are "odd" indeed. And really, any explanation offered in this regard could be true ... but the only way I keep my personal balance in these things is to rely as much as possible on hard physical evidence EVEN when it contradicts my own memory.

You remember Reba McEntire's name as "McIntyr" ? That is different.

How often did you see her name in print? That is an excellent question. Many of our memories are aural, not visual.

When the visual contradicts the aural, we have dissonance ... which is a component, in my opinion of the so-called "Mandela Effect."

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

a reply to: jacygirl

Notice the pretend gestures of friendship & collaboration that agents of the enemy offer in the immediate aftermath of a scathing rebuke.

Yup, but that's okay...I was waiting for it.
I've lived with a passive-aggressive, not too hard to figure out their next move.

No worries, I'm working on some research towards a lengthy response of my findings.

I was asked to make a thread for someone today, so I'm trying to play hostess.
I'm not bailing out...here for the long run.
jacy

And yet, you still don't answer any questions as you suggested you would earlier?

May I ask in all politeness why that is? I know you're trying to say your "hosting" duties are preventing it ...

I'd also be glad to hear what you have to say about the topic ... I think it's very important that the "extreme and mundane explanations" stay in communication here.

That's what I don't understand ... why is anyone trying to shut either "side" down here?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Well, here is where the impressionable aspect of memory comes in. Since I'm not a big Reba fan, I never really thought about it until this thread ! I did not even realize her name is ' currently' McEnire. So when I saw that on this thread I thought 'uh no, that is not correct'. But it seems it is. So where did the i and y spelling come from ? Who can say? Since I've not even written her name down or typed it or possibly even read it anywhere, I don't know why I would think one or the other is correct. But when I see McEntire, I think WRONG !
I think it's interesting when ' faulty memory' is brought up , some folks seem offended. Even though it's scientifically proven memory is not reliable , why do we , as humans, want to be offended if someone says our memory is faulty ? It's as if they are saying ' your face is not right or you mouth is incorrect' and we want to be upset by that but memory is non tangible and we know it's not always right.
There is a lot more to this discussion than Mandela Effect.
ETA Saying our memory is faulty is not a criticism. That is true for every human being on earth. It's not specific to a particular person on this thread.
edit on 1-5-2016 by schmae because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2016 by schmae because: Because I cannot spell !

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Well, here is where the impressionable aspect of memory comes in. Since I'm not a big Reba fan, I never really thought about it until this thread ! I did not even realize her name is ' currently' McEnire. So when I saw that on this thread I thought 'uh no, that is not correct'. But it seems it is. So where did the i and y spelling come from ? Who can say? Since I've not even written her name down or typed it or possibly even read it anywhere, I don't know why I would think one or the other is correct. But when I see McEntire, I think WRONG !
I think it's interesting when ' faulty memory' is brought up , some folks seem offended. Even though it's scientifically proven memory is not reliable , why do we , as humans, want to be offended if someone says our memory is faulty ? It's as if they are saying ' your face is not right or you mouth is incorrect' and we want to be upset by that but memory is non tangible and we know it's not always right.
There is a lot more to this discussion than Mandela Effect.

Well, the one that STILL get's me pretty strongly is the theme-song from "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood" ... even though I've gone back to the ACTUAL RECORDINGS FROM THE EARLY 70s and listened my memory still says "It's a beautiful day in THE neighborhood."

I can understand how and why folks feel strongly about the issue ... but I can't figure out why a natural, mundane explanation is so ... repellant to them.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Agreed. It's as if a logical explanation will be a big let down. I don't get that because to me, the mass hysteria aspect of this with regards to our ' collective ' memory is crazy / weird/ interesting enough , isn't it ? Thinking my memory can be so vast and complex and even up to some trickery is scarier than a parallel world. Just my opinion.
Please guys, don't argue and try to shut each other down. All sides are interesting and bringing more to the table.
( when i try to sing the mr rogers song in my head, it keeps getting overrun by a neighborhood song from Sesame Street, " who are the people in your neighborhood'' . there is a memory glitch right there, right ?
)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Agreed. It's as if a logical explanation will be a big let down. I don't get that because to me, the mass hysteria aspect of this with regards to our ' collective ' memory is crazy / weird/ interesting enough , isn't it ? Thinking my memory can be so vast and complex and even up to some trickery is scarier than a parallel world. Just my opinion.
Please guys, don't argue and try to shut each other down. All sides are interesting and bringing more to the table.
( when i try to sing the mr rogers song in my head, it keeps getting overrun by a neighborhood song from Sesame Street, " who are the people in your neighborhood'' . there is a memory glitch right there, right ?
)

Sesame Street used to come on right before Mr. Roger's when I was a kid ...

Thanks for your rational and reasonable contributions ...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If I suddenly wake up tomorrow and my dead stepfather is alive and kicking, I'll let you know. Now that would be quite the rewritten reality.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I was thinking something similar. I was wondering does anyone have personal ME things going on? Does anyone remember their own family pet or child by one name and everyone calls them something different? Obviously not after a head injury or something like that. But I' m wondering if there are any instances of this much closer to home.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
If I suddenly wake up tomorrow and my dead stepfather is alive and kicking, I'll let you know. Now that would be quite the rewritten reality.

Someone commented on a pill appearing in an empty bottle earlier, but then didn't want to discuss it further, and I admitted, I didn't see how that interacted with "the Mandela Effect."

I was excited to speak with someone with a personal experience, ... like the one you are suggesting, rather than merely a culturally-activated misapprehension/mistake.

IF you hear of anything like that ... a personal anecdote that doesn't have to do with misspellings or visual/aural memory conflicts ... pass it along, will you?

I'm becoming more and more interested in this topic. I had no idea of the ... almost "religious" aspects it has taken on.

That's more interesting to me than wormholes, actually ...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
We are currently entering the 40th page of this very interesting thread ladies and gentlemen. As of now we are currently at a deadlock with both pro and anti Mandella Effect parties refusing to give an inch.

Stay tuned for further developments.

*Cue Depend commercial*

Or is it Depends? *gasp*
edit on 1-5-2016 by IQPREREQUISITE because: Typo

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE
We are currently entering the 40th page of this very interesting thread ladies and gentlemen. As of now we are currently at a deadlock with both pro and anti Mandella Effect parties refusing to give an inch.

Stay tuned for further developments.

*Cue Depend cimmercial*

Or is it Depends? *gasp*

Thanks for the announcement ... LOL.

What do you think?

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join