It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: schmae

Now that you mention it...

When I was young, I remember my older brother falling down the stairs. Nothing serious just a few cuts and bruises.

About five or so years ago, at a small family get together (we are all working now at different countries so we try to have some sort of reunion at least a couple of times a year) I got to reminiscing and mentioned the above incident to my mother. She remembers it but vaguely (she's old but not retirement home old) but with certainty. To my surprise my older brother doesn't remember any of it happening and so does my old man.

I was mildly weirded out by that moment we were in a deadlock about whether it happened or not. I remember we just shrugged it off and let things be. Haven't really thought about its significance 'til now.

Weird...if anyone has any similar experiences please feel free to post them so I don't feel like I'm the only one who went through the twilight zone.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm actually a bit blown away at the moment ... I've always wondered how religions got started, and I believe we're witnessing the birth of one now (or at least, an aspect of one) in the "orthodoxy" that several members have attempted to maintain/reinforce here.

This is no longer a "what if" kind of phenomenon ... it seems.

It's utterly, utterly fascinating. I feel privileged to watch.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IQPREREQUISITE

Maybe he hit his head and lost his memory of it right when it happened? There is a medical term for such but not sure what it is. Is that possible ?
ETA How old was he at the time? I can only remember a very few things before age 5 or 6 . My husband claims to remember stuff from when he was 2 or 3. I think he's full of s*** though.
edit on 1-5-2016 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE

About five or so years ago, at a small family get together (we are all working now at different countries so we try to have s
When I was young, I remember my older brother falling down the stairs. Nothing serious just a few cuts and bruises. ome sort of reunion at least a couple of times a year) I got to reminiscing and mentioned the above incident to my mother. She remembers it but vaguely (she's old but not retirement home old) but with certainty. To my surprise my older brother doesn't remember any of it happening and so does my old man.

I was mildly weirded out by that moment we were in a deadlock about whether it happened or not. I remember we just shrugged it off and let things be. Haven't really thought about its significance 'til now.

Weird...if anyone has any similar experiences please feel free to post them so I don't feel like I'm the only one who went through the twilight zone.

You didn't go through the Twilight Zone though, LOL. You're just confronting, head on, the fact that memories are tenuous things and what passes for history is usually a consensus of what people believe.

Wide angle examples ... I was taught in 1974-1978 that Columbus discovered America. No one knew anything about a continent across the Atlantic (or Pacific for that matter) when we've known since the 1930s at least that is patently UNTRUE.

Again, this is why I look to physical evidence as stronger than memory and even have to edit myself at times to do so.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: schmae

Maybe he hit his head and lost his memory of it right when it happened? There is a medical term for such but not sure what it is. Is that possible ?
ETA How old was he at the time? I can only remember a very few things before age 5 or 6 . My husband claims to remember stuff from when he was 2 or 3. I think he's full of s*** though.

He was maybe 7 or so and i was 5 i think...and no he didn't hit his head...he was tumbling and sliding more on his ass than any part. Bruised hip and a few cuts. My pops doesn't recall it either. Only me and my ma.

Its not evidence i admit but its strange to me now that were having this discussion.

P.S. So this thread is in Skunk Works now? Who decided?
edit on 1-5-2016 by IQPREREQUISITE because: Typo

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
Thanks for your honest reply

What keywords have you used to search with? I would try not using "Mandela Effect" because it's possible that non-English-speaking people in foreign countries may not be as familiar with the term as we are. It might be difficult to find. Imagine someone coming to North America and learning English, going online, reading books. How long might it take until they happened upon these discussions of the "Mandela Effect," I wonder? Likely there are only a relative few sites like ATS discussing it, as of yet at least.

Maybe if someone knew a foreign site where people discussed weird things they could post a question like: "Does anyone remember a movie, song or event change?" It usually helps if they can see examples of other people posting their memories. It encourages them to share their memories.

Another possibility is that stuff this bizarre (this crazy-sounding) only comes out through a snowball effect. For example, I remember McDonald's being MacDonald's when I was little. At some point it became McDonald's. I remember sitting in the back seat as a kid, asking my father why it changed. He insisted that it was always McDonald's. Yet, we still have the Big Mac. Why isn't it a Big Mc? Anyway, my point is that it's highly unlikely that I was the only one who experienced that alternate memory all those years ago, never mind all the years since. Only now am I seeing where people are posting online, talking about remembering MacDonald's. Perhaps, in time, this subject will snowball through other languages.

Hi! Funny you mention McDonalds, I was just discussing the same thing with my son! We were saying that most people think it's called MacDonalds because of their menu, exactly what you mentioned: the Big Mac.

In Italian and Spanish they also call it The Mandela effect, but whatever sites/forums I found they all talk how this happens to English speakers. I grew up in Italy and spent my teenage years in South America, so I understand the cultural lingo. I have read a lot about this phenomenon, despite not having had any experience like the ones you guys have, and I am really interested, I may have my own opinion about it (which I have already explained) but I am really curious as to why so far it is a 99% North American thing. Perhaps, like you said, we will start seeing this subject in other languages and I am still searching in 3 languages (I have also asked two friends of mine to search in their mother tongue, German and Dutch, and nothing).

You know what? I would like to put flags on a map to see if some citizens of specific geographical locations seem to be more or less affected.

I was thinking something similar. I was wondering does anyone have personal ME things going on? Does anyone remember their own family pet or child by one name and everyone calls them something different? Obviously not after a head injury or something like that. But I' m wondering if there are any instances of this much closer to home.

I did say something along these lines in one of my posts on this thread, I asked if anybody had attended Mandela's or Graham's funeral personally, or if anybody remembers flying from Australia to NZ going Northbound.

Whatever we may think this is (parallel dimensions, time shifting, bad memory, mass hysteria etc) I think it's a fascinating topic. I just wish people didn't take other opinion's too personally, that's all.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE

About five or so years ago, at a small family get together (we are all working now at different countries so we try to have s
When I was young, I remember my older brother falling down the stairs. Nothing serious just a few cuts and bruises. ome sort of reunion at least a couple of times a year) I got to reminiscing and mentioned the above incident to my mother. She remembers it but vaguely (she's old but not retirement home old) but with certainty. To my surprise my older brother doesn't remember any of it happening and so does my old man.

You didn't go through the Twilight Zone though, LOL. You're just confronting, head on, the fact that memories are tenuous things and what passes for history is usually a consensus of what people believe.

Wide angle examples ... I was taught in 1974-1978 that Columbus discovered America. No one knew anything about a continent across the Atlantic (or Pacific for that matter) when we've known since the 1930s at least that is patently UNTRUE.

Again, this is why I look to physical evidence as stronger than memory and even have to edit myself at times to do so.

Then I'm glad we have Facebook and Instagram now so we can have our lives cataloged just in case the pics or it didn't happen police came along.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Maybe he fell often and so it was not that big a deal to him or his memory. I have an older brother who fell and bled all the time. He's still a daredevil to this day. He does not remember some of the times that stood out to me because it was a very frequent thing. I am not discounting your memory. It's clear if your ma remembers too, then it likely did happen. It's curious why your brother or dad do not remember though.
edit on 1-5-2016 by schmae because: spelling etc

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Maybe he fell often and so it was not that big a deal to him or his memory. I have an older brother who fell and bled all the time. He's still a daredevil to this day. He does not remember some of the times that stood out to me because it was a very frequent thing. I am not dicounting your memory. It's clear if your ma remembers too, then it likely did happen. It's curious why your brother or dad do not remember though.

Your older brother's that clumsy too huh...lol I'm curious too as to why they don't remember. Your explanation seems plausible if it weren't for my pops not remembering as well. Guess I'll just ask again next time I see them. No use pondering it now.

But the topic is good read...its interesting and warrants a second look. I'm all for Occams Razor on
this one...just looking for some alternative theories just to give the brain a leg day.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
...been lurking through all 39 pages...ughh. this is a fascinating topic though and has had me trying to find my own memories of these things for the past 3 days. I thought I would throw my two cents in while the thread is slow. I'd like to say first that I'm about to complete my 50th trip around the sun in a few weeks. I feel I should say that because I'll be the first to admit my memory is not that great with things like putting a name to a face or remembering a specific date. However, I'm really good at remembering things like blueprints or photographs as well as songs/lyrics. When I let the Mr. Rogers song play in my head from memory it is definitely this neighborhood. It just doesn't seem right to me as the neighborhood. I haven't heard the song for at least 10 years since when my daughter was little and I don't intend on listening to it now. The bears though.
It seems I have two memories of this as a child. I have been an avid reader since I learned how. I remember following along as my mom would read Dr Suess books to me. I remember questioning my mom about the pronunciation of Berenstein and her telling me it could be pronounced two ways. My second memory of this is that I corrected her pronunciation by showing her the front of the book and "sounding it out" as I read it. I honestly can not tell you which memory I believe. Maybe my mind is fabricating both of them or maybe they both did happen. Fast forward about 25 years and I'm staring at the book before I begin reading it to my son. I'm looking at Berenstain thinking "that looks odd" and never gave it another thought until I became aware of all of this ME stuff about a year ago. The thing is, if(and that is one BIG if) this is some sort of time manipulation from the future, there would not be any physical evidence after the change occurred so there would be no proof except a memory in a scattered few who were not part of the change. That is one really deep rabbit hole.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Actually not clumsy at all, just a risk taker. He climbed way higher in the tree than he should of, jumped way higher off the diving board, tried to jump over fences, etc. Was your dad present at the time the brother fell? Or maybe in another location ?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I have clear memories from before I was two. I used to recount them to my mother and it would just blow her mind that I could recall them in exact detail.

I just assumed everyone could remember things from when they were a baby. It surprised me to discover most people cannot. You never know...he could very well be telling the truth.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

The Bears are bugging me to no end. When I first began this thread I was reading it all 'backwards ' I guess. I thought the current Bears were called Stein! And the old Bears were called Stain. It was several pages in before I realized I was reading it wrong. So I am having either a double ME or a reverse ME with regards to the Bears. I see they are Stain today. I know when I read them to my kids 20 ish years ago they were Stain. I made a big mental note of it because it seemed like it should be Stein at that time, like a word you almost know with a plot twist at the end. Then I thought sometime in between 20 yrs to present , I saw they were called Stein . At that time, I made another mental note of HUH? WTF? When did they change the name to what it should have been all along? So in my memory, which is faulty
, I have gone full circle with the Bears . Stain to Stein to Stain. Where it stops, nobody knows.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Well, herein lies another potential clue. Could those of us who can not remember until age 4 or 5 be at a disadvantage OR more prone to see things like ME because our memory is different than yours ? Would people who can remember being 1 yr old have more or less ability to remember a book title from 20 yrs ago with accuracy ?
This discussion is going to get so deep, I will have to tap out soon !

edit on 1-5-2016 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: TombEscaper

Just hit the 'mute' button, TombEscaper...hehe...

Hey! Earlier I mentioned having old newspapers tucked away (must find later)...do you have anything like that?
Old magazines? Scrapbooks?

If we are looking for changes/alterations, it might be a good start for us to find bona fide 'old' physical material...if we can...?
jacy

I'm done replying to that person. Way too much time spent on diversionary issues. The tactics are now obvious.

Yes, I'm sure I have things like that somewhere. I have a lot of books as well. DVD's, etc. But there are so many small, random things that are changing, it can be like looking for a needle in a haystack! I think one good thing to do now, though, is to try to be more observant of everything that we take in, in the chance that something else may be altered. However, that is also a difficult task, because we don't know what is going to change.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'd love to see physical evidence of the "Effect." Please, anyone, if you're ignoring me or not, bring such things into the thread!

And I can certainly understand that some will go to any lengths to find the explanation that fits their own world-view the best. For me, that's science/evidence ... for others, fantastic or even supernatural explanations "make more sense."

I would observe that to avoid confusion when our mental "moorings" come undone as it were, it pays to have something in reserve.

The only thing that amazes me here is the willingness on the part of some to stick their virtual fingers in their ears and pretend the rest of us aren't here. That seems counter productive ... at best.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The only thing that amazes me here is the willingness on the part of some to stick their virtual fingers in their ears and pretend the rest of us aren't here. That seems counter productive ... at best.

This also means the experiment can continue surely?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Also, if any of you folks who Believe are still talking to me ... what IS your explanation? I mean, I can deduce from some of the comments here that there seems to be a governmental/TPTB conspiracy to cover up these "alterations" brought on by the Effect, but as yet there is no explanation of why you'd think that or needless to say any evidence that would prove it.

I say, let's all keep digging with our own individual shovels, eh?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

This also means the experiment can continue surely?

Which one, the generation of the Effect, or the Cover-up?

(Wait, did Cover-up always have a hyphen? /sheesh)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think the TPTB/ psy ops is more likely than a parallel universe. That may be because I do not understand parallel things and movies like the Matrix bore me because they are beyond what I can think of as ' real'. But if this is TPTB and all they want to do is alter a few extremely unimportant names on books and cd's , I guess that's not too bad, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join