It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Awesome observations about your fellow members!

What's your take on the "Mandela Effect?"

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: Gryphon66

This is likely my last response to you personally...that message I wrote about the pill bottle has been removed.

Something that wasn't there...appeared.
With no LOGICAL/RATIONAL reason.
That is why I brought it up.

It's fine, I'm involved in another lengthy wonderful thread where it will be discussed.

If you (or anyone else) wants to know my experiences and opinions, they only need to check my previous posts.

I am done with defending my position on Berenstein Bears and the other 'alterations' that I have personally experienced.
jacy

That's a shame. I was interested to hear the answers to some of my questions.

No one is attacking your positions, no need to defend. As far as I can tell here, you've told us throughout the thread that you were going to post your "summation" of what you think is going on, and yet, that never seems to appear.

Logic is not scary. Rationality is not a threat. Sorry you react so badly to my posts. Best to you.

Best.

My 'summation' that I mentioned yesterday? lol
I'm actually doing research for it, not just writing some 'off the cuff' comment. I do that....I research.

Fine. Ask me a question.
Just please keep in mind that I have authored threads here that I'm actively 'hostessing' and am also participating in a few others. I don't want this thread to die...
jacy

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I asked several questions above.

I'll copy them if you need it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper
However, I can also see when people have a rather curious persistence in devoting much of their time to something that they see as a waste of time, who also "coincidentally" make a point to remind everyone how fallible the human memory is as often as possible. I simply encourage folks not to let themselves be drained of spiritual energies by them, up to and including fully ignoring them.

I see where you are coming from, but in my estimation, it's only fair to fully analyze and consider both sides. If you can't consider every possible logical explanation when studying this, you succumb to confirmation bias, which can lead to believing in numerous things that have no merit. Folks have to separate themselves from believing things just because they sound cool.

I'm not saying this is the case with the Mandela effect or that it definitely is just a result of poor memories (it's one of my favorite theories that relates to quantum mechanics and theoretical physics). I'm just saying you have to consider the other possibilities. How much of it is poor memory? How much of it is more than that? This is why I suggested posing these kinds of questions to somebody that DOES have really good memory. There are folks like that out there.

The easiest way to reconcile this without faulty memory would be the universe as a computer program (easy doesn't mean accurate btw). Somebody goes into the code and reprograms the name of a children's story book and changes the last name of a musical artist. But why?

Does this relate to the numerous stories of people claiming to walk into other times and dimensions on accident? If there really are trillions upon trillions of dimensions out there with every possible choice and scenario ever, could one dimension bleed into another? Can they be crossed? Part of me thinks about the TV show Sliders, and if something like that could eventually become a reality. So much to think about, but science doesn't seem to be close to that level yet.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Doesn't quantum theory in general require the Many-Worlds theory (or relative state formation) for the math to work out correctly?

I noted that early on, but was roundly ignored by some intent on misconstruing my comments. I'd love to see physical evidence myself.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Doesn't quantum theory in general require the Many-Worlds theory (or relative state formation) for the math to work out correctly?

I noted that early on, but was roundly ignored by some intent on misconstruing my comments. I'd love to see physical evidence myself.

Yes, for the math to work out, it does require many dimensions, that's why I referred to it. Of course this is math theory, and certainly there is a fair amount of interpretation involved. It's not the same as empirical scientific evidence. That does not exist yet at this point as far as I know.

Life is a big game of telephone. It's funny how certain things people tell you when you are young become ingrained in your mind and you treat them as real without considering otherwise, even if you just heard it from a friend. I have even done this myself. There are tons of myths like this that people believe and treat as truth, snopes is evidence of this. This has to be considered, that's all.
edit on 5 1 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Yes, for the math to work out, it does require many dimensions, that's why I referred to it. Of course this is math theory, and certainly there is a fair amount of interpretation involved. It's not the same as empirical scientific evidence. That does not exist yet at this point as far as I know.

Right, but the theoretical constructs are at least logically consistent and mathematically correct.

Thanks for your answer. I would say the "Mandela Effect" is more appropriately studied by sociologists/anthropologists than physicists, but that's just me.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
A mass hysteria such as this offers an immediate big tent for all to commune in.
How nice and cozy.
I see people who like to use meaningless made up new age jargon are the self appointed spokespersons. It is a good thing the nuttiest always rise to the top, it ends the memes popularity quicker so we don't have to endure the stupidity for too long.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
g.

???

Retrocognition & the possibility of time travel both forwards and backwards is a subject that has haunted me a little of late. I dreamt two things in particular which seemed really pointed & unexpected in the ordinary course of my beliefs. Firstly, I dreamt that it was my future self who had travelled back in time, or had sent a message back in time, convincing the UK government (or the powers in ultimate control) to initiate a 'chemtrail' cloudseeding/sky obfuscation plan, possibly affecting just the UK, possibly spreading beyond that, for reasons which were imperative & which related to national & even world defence over a long time period, beginning with urgency a few years back. The second dream, a few months later, had to do with simulation theory, and the idea that we are specifically living in an ancestor simulation, in which we are somehow sentient within, from beyond the simulation, despite personal immersion/ attachment in/to historical roles as dictated by the simulation's outworking. Total head-twister on waking from each, as I would ordinarily consider myself as having a fairly straightforward spatio-temporal attitude. I believe in the possibility of prophecy, and that there are powers which exist beyond the confines of space & time, but retroactivity in the time-space continuum was never something that I held to be of any valid potential in my personal outlook. The dreams were really precise, and tangled up with others which were related, but which dealt primarily with other subjects (which I won't get into here & now). Just thought I'd chip in with it, I know it might be totally irrelevant - but I get the feeling that we're glimpsing aspects of a situation which is much greater than the sum of its parts, and is being deliberately styled in such absurd, minor changes, that persons with the motivations of a Chadwickus, or the annoying account Gryphon66, can waft in stating we're all nuts for believing in a conspiracy centred around the name of adult diapers - as though that was what actually concerned us, as opposed to the apparent manipulation of space & time that these minor 'experiments' appear to represent.

edit on MaySunday1615CDT11America/Chicago-050039 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Empath is a curious term. I think we all could or should have the tendencies in a ' normal' setting. We are all gifted with an incredible instinct that was meant to keep us alive in the older times. Today we have weapons and telephones and policemen etc. to do that job so our instincts need not be as well honed as in the past. I have been asked if I'm an empth a few times and the truth is , who knows? I don' t feel like an empath or know what one feels like. I do occasionally have strong instinctual feelings that I try to follow but I don't know that is the same as empathetic. I think there are lots of things that may further dumb down our natural instincts. Things like medications, alcohol, chemicals in the foods and cleaners, etc. that we are all in contact with daily may be affecting our bodies and turning off some of the instincts. I am speculating and not saying any of this is fact. Some of the previous posters mentioned their physical symptoms that go along with empathy. Many of those symptoms I recognize from my own anxiety and ocd. I also know that anxious and ocd people are generally thinking all day long. We never stop thinking deeply for one second. It may be why threads / forums like this one are so soothing to us. We get something interesting to ' think about' and it pacifies our brains for a little while.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Question to all . Did anyone begin reading here with no previous knowledge of the subject and no previous memories of the particular examples and begin to doubt your own memory after reading here?
I am doubting my memory a little bit after reading. That shows how impressionable our memories are . I know the Tank Boy was not hit by the tank. But after reading accounts of people thinking he was, I start to doubt if my memory is right? Why would so many think that if he was safe ? Fascinating topic!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Nice text wall.

What does that have to do with evidence of the "Mandela Effect"?

I haven't said you or anyone else here is "a nut" or otherwise. I have said that what you're experiencing, and what I have experienced, is utterly explainable in normal mundane terms. That doesn't appeal to your beliefs, therefore you try to "strike back."

I guess the normal mundane explanation doesn't let folks feel "special" enough or something?

/shrug

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Notice the pretend gestures of friendship & collaboration that agents of the enemy offer in the immediate aftermath of a scathing rebuke. It's a common tactic to make themselves appear reasonable & open-minded in the later stages of a thread in which they have been anything but reasonable & open-minded. Their work is largely complete, they made a number of truth seekers feel too uncomfortable to participate any further - after the rebukes to these scoundrels which were intelligently delivered by the drivers of the intellectually honest inquiry, comes the cleanup operation, where they try to float along to the natural ending of the thread on a wave of pretend sympathy for the main protagonists - who were being shouted down & mocked by them only a few pages earlier. The beginning & end of a thread is what most people see, so don't be fooled by these tactics, stay strong & remain committed to your vision.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I see you already saw what was happening. Kudos.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: schmae
Question to all . Did anyone begin reading here with no previous knowledge of the subject and no previous memories of the particular examples and begin to doubt your own memory after reading here?
I am doubting my memory a little bit after reading. That shows how impressionable our memories are . I know the Tank Boy was not hit by the tank. But after reading accounts of people thinking he was, I start to doubt if my memory is right? Why would so many think that if he was safe ? Fascinating topic!

Memory *is* faulty. There is no doubt of that, it's a proven scientific fact.

My technique for dealing with that fact is to be as careful as I can be with evidence and limit what I believe to be true to that which can be proven.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What would be the significance of changing the title of a kids book, and what time line changes would that bring?
It not like someone went back, ether made the bible more better and constructive, versus someone making it more violent and oppressive, where it could actually have impact on history, and civilization could have played out differently?

But noooOOOooo, a 20th century children book gets more publicity over a typo.

Even if someone did change the timeline, I'd think we'd never be able to notice.
edit on 1-5-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

Notice the pretend gestures of friendship & collaboration that agents of the enemy offer in the immediate aftermath of a scathing rebuke. It's a common tactic to make themselves appear reasonable & open-minded in the later stages of a thread in which they have been anything but reasonable & open-minded. Their work is largely complete, they made a number of truth seekers feel too uncomfortable to participate any further - after the rebukes to these scoundrels which were intelligently delivered by the drivers of the intellectually honest inquiry, comes the cleanup operation, where they try to float along to the natural ending of the thread on a wave of pretend sympathy for the main protagonists - who were being shouted down & mocked by them only a few pages earlier. The beginning & end of a thread is what most people see, so don't be fooled by these tactics, stay strong & remain committed to your vision.

"Agents of the enemy" LOL. Are you kidding?

Dude, we're talking about topics on a message board. You like belief, I like facts.

If I may say so, your posts are sounding more cultish with every one you make though.

And you haven't "rebuked" anything. You made a few aggrandizing comments that you and your clique are now self-congratulating each other on.

If you've got such a mainline on the truth of "the Mandela Effect" why don't you spell it out?

And drop the victim complex.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

Even if someone did change the timeline, I'd think we'd never be able to notice.

Quite logical.

This was pointed out previously; obviously it makes no difference when we're dealing with cult-like beliefs.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You're a forum sliding troll who is making a pretence at having asked legitimate questions and having not received answers, despite the wonderfully rich and detailed discussion which filled the thread before you arrived with your song & dance. You aren't fooling any of us, and we only point out your tactics so that less aware persons perusing these pages won't be swayed by your burgeoning psy-op.

Best.

Really?

Ciao.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I like experience, observation, reflection & discussion. All perfectly valid tools of investigation.

You like shouting people down, belittling them, feigning legitimate interest, feigning personal offence, manipulating the feelings of participants, filling the discussion with irrelevancies, and swaggering over your limited successes.

You don't fool anyone, and you are acting corporately against truth-seeking, hence you are an agent of the enemies of truth. Whether that's deliberate or simply as a result of your prejudices, who gives a #, the results are the same.

Best.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join