It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
message deleted
edit on 1-5-2016 by jacygirl because: personal reasons

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: TombEscaper
These are either people with a serious inferiority complex regarding their own memories, or there is a definite agenda going on.

I say there's room here for all "takes" on the matter at hand.

Okay fair enough.
What is "your take" on this...?

A pill...one lone pill...was in a bottle that was previously empty.
It was definitely empty. Hubby confirms that (and is too blown away to even comment on this)...
The pill...was the same pill that was prescribed (on the bottle label)...but it was NOT the right brand that has always been prescribed.

jacy

My second take on it would be to ask how it pertains to the topic.

My first would be to ask you a string of questions that have no place here.

Ooh you do make it difficult to be friendly, don't you?

Where the heck did it come from, is why I thought it was relevant. (different timeline perhaps?)

Nevermind.
I'm baffled, but I see I asked the wrong person.
jacy

Sorry you don't like my answer, but a random pill in a bottle is kind of out of left field in this instance ...

You asked; I answered.

What kind of medication is it? How do you know it's the same, but from a different manufacturer? Is one or the other a generic version? Where was the bottle kept? Who had access to the bottle? Etc. etc. etc.

See? Those are very personal questions that have nothing to do with our topic.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

My personal experience is not down to faulty and is far deeper than the way a few words are perceived to be spelt.

I didn't mean to dismiss this statement ... have you had "Mandela" experiences that are different than the ones under discussion here?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Hey TombEscaper! A few weeks ago, I received a text message from my daughter at exactly 11:11 am (according to my phone).
Her message was time-stamped as 12:47 pm and when I replied to it...she said she hadn't written that...yet.

That is definitely interesting! Perhaps these texting anomalies are one of the "symptoms" of ME experiencers. Something to keep an eye on, I would say.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

These are either people with a serious inferiority complex regarding their own memories, or there is a definite agenda going on.

I only want the truth.

You have your truth!
You've stated numerous times what your truth is. Can't you just accept that it's not the truth for others?

Also, this is not a courtroom. This is skunkworks...

Yes, it's Skunk Works, and we're all trying to figure something out here. I'm sorry you don't like my approach, but I do feel like I have the right to participate just the same as any of you. My understanding is different than some of yours, sure.

Why is simple logic such a threat? Why wouldn't the fact that these are faulty memories be comforting rather than inciting (as it seems to be the case here)?

It's not a threat. Your truth is faulty memory. That's absolutely fine.
My personal experience is not down to faulty and is far deeper than the way a few words are perceived to be spelt.
Now, I flip your question back to you.
Why do YOU seem to find that so threatening?

LOL ... I don't find anything here threatening. Logically irritating at worst.

You keep doing what you do, I'll keep doing what I do. Deal?

Logic would suggest that you desperately need a comfortable explanation for this. Anything other than faulty memory scares the absolute hell out of you.
You posts conjure up images in my mind of Dorothy wildly clicking her heels together with tears in her eyes...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I only want the truth.

You have your truth!
You've stated numerous times what your truth is. Can't you just accept that it's not the truth for others?

Yes, it's Skunk Works, and we're all trying to figure something out here. I'm sorry you don't like my approach, but I do feel like I have the right to participate just the same as any of you. My understanding is different than some of yours, sure.

Why is simple logic such a threat? Why wouldn't the fact that these are faulty memories be comforting rather than inciting (as it seems to be the case here)?

Logic would suggest that you desperately need a comfortable explanation for this. Anything other than faulty memory scares the absolute hell out of you.
You posts conjure up images in my mind of Dorothy wildly clicking her heels together with tears in her eyes...

See, now you're making it personal again. Why am I "desperate" because I have considered the matter and come up with a different explanation than you have? What about anything I've posted gives you a basis to state that I'm "scared"?

I'm not scared at all of temporal anomalies or dimensional hiccoughs ... or even mystical interventions. I would be THRILLED to see actual evidence of any of those in fact.

... but I don't. I've looked at the evidence, and there are perfectly reasonable and rational explanations for what is happening.

Again, why are you talking about ME? Talk about the topic. I am not the topic.

EDIT: So what are your experiences? You've referred to them, but I didn't notice you describing them. If you'd like to share, I'd be interested.
edit on 1-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I only want the truth.

You have your truth!

EDIT: So what are your experiences? You've referred to them, but I didn't notice you describing them. If you'd like to share, I'd be interested.

Be careful Ruiner1978...it's a trap.

jacy

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Shame on you for trying to shut us down or demean us. You're doing exactly what you're claiming is being done to you!

Who am I trying to shut down? Being as this is a topic that I started, if I were trying to shut people down, I could threaten to have posts removed, people banned from the topic, file complaints to the moderators, etc. I haven't done any of those things and probably won't, no matter what anyone says. I'm very liberal when it comes to letting all voices be heard and all opinions expressed.

However, I can also see when people have a rather curious persistence in devoting much of their time to something that they see as a waste of time, who also "coincidentally" make a point to remind everyone how fallible the human memory is as often as possible. I simply encourage folks not to let themselves be drained of spiritual energies by them, up to and including fully ignoring them.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I only want the truth.

You have your truth!

jacy

I notice you didn't actually answer any of the questions about the mysterious pill.

Did you decide it was off-topic here as well?

Let me pose a question to you. Are you trying to "get to the bottom" of these experiences? Or just looking for others who have similar experiences?

Perhaps I've mistaken the intent of this post. The challenge in the OP was that the "Mandela Effect" was no longer questionable, and I think we can clearly see that it is ...

But, if this is the equivalent of a cliquish "support group for subjective experience" ... I'm in the wrong place.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I only want the truth.

You have your truth!

jacy

Yes. I know the game.
A question I posed about an experience a few pages back went without reply.
Logically I can assume it was threatening, yer Honour...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Who am I trying to shut down? Being as this is a topic that I started, if I were trying to shut people down, I could threaten to have posts removed, people banned from the topic, file complaints to the moderators, etc. I haven't done any of those things and probably won't, no matter what anyone says. I'm very liberal when it comes to letting all voices be heard and all opinions expressed.

You're trying very desperately in post after post to ignore the interactions of those of us who do not require extraordinary explanations for the phenomena your topic is addressing! You did that in the very post I responded to!

However, I can also see when people have a rather curious persistence in devoting much of their time to something that they see as a waste of time, who also "coincidentally" make a point to remind everyone how fallible the human memory is as often as possible. I simply encourage folks not to let themselves be drained of spiritual energies by them, up to and including fully ignoring them.

I "devote my time" to the truth as well as I can discern it. I have not stated anywhere here that this is a waste of time.

I have no idea what you're rationally speaking of with "spiritual energies" nor did I think that was the topic here. Are you saying that the "Mandela Effect" is preternatural now? It's supernatural?

Encouraging others to ignore someone with a different attitude or take on your topic than yours is hardly contributing to anything.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

edit on 1-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: NM

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

You're trying very desperately in post after post to ignore the interactions of those of us who do not require extraordinary explanations for the phenomena your topic is addressing! You did that in the very post I responded to!

I "devote my time" to the truth as well as I can discern it. I have not stated anywhere here that this is a waste of time.

I have no idea what you're rationally speaking of with "spiritual energies" nor did I think that was the topic here. Are you saying that the "Mandela Effect" is preternatural now? It's supernatural?

Encouraging others to ignore someone with a different attitude or take on your topic than yours is hardly contributing to anything.

How does one "try desperately" to ignore? If I want to ignore, I'll just ignore. I've been living with this for a year and a half. I'm secure with what I'm sure of, regardless of what the "evidence" says now. But others who are just coming to these realizations may be shaken and susceptible to relinquishing what they are certain of in the face of relentless conditioning from those who oppose the notion of the ME at every turn. It is vital that they don't let that happen.

I have never specified you as having an agenda, though I do find most of the dialogues you have been involved in here rather unprofitable.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Just hit the 'mute' button, TombEscaper...hehe...

Hey! Earlier I mentioned having old newspapers tucked away (must find later)...do you have anything like that?
Old magazines? Scrapbooks?

If we are looking for changes/alterations, it might be a good start for us to find bona fide 'old' physical material...if we can...?
jacy

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Mince semantics with someone else. You're wasting time away from your topic with quibbles.

You're "secure with what you're sure of" and what is that? Have you STATED what your conclusions are?

Others who are "coming to these realizations" you sound as if you're talking about new "converts" ???

Aren't we all trying to figure out what is going on here???

How is considering evidence bad? How is looking at the most reasonable explanation for the phenomena bad?

I am TRULY at a loss as to your intent. Are you only interested here in those who believe that "something weird" is going on?

Is the input of anyone who is not in line with your "spiritual energies" unwelcome?

edit on 1-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Just hit the 'mute' button, TombEscaper...hehe...

Hey! Earlier I mentioned having old newspapers tucked away (must find later)...do you have anything like that?
Old magazines? Scrapbooks?

If we are looking for changes/alterations, it might be a good start for us to find bona fide 'old' physical material...if we can...?
jacy

I want to try one more time to honor your question to me and address the pill bottle. Did you want to discuss it? Or was that just ... tactical?

If it plays into your larger theory of "what's going on" here, I'd love to hear it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

This is likely my last response to you personally...that message I wrote about the pill bottle has been removed.

Something that wasn't there...appeared.
With no LOGICAL/RATIONAL reason.
That is why I brought it up.

It's fine, I'm involved in another lengthy wonderful thread where it will be discussed.

If you (or anyone else) wants to know my experiences and opinions, they only need to check my previous posts.

I am done with defending my position on Berenstein Bears and the other 'alterations' that I have personally experienced.
jacy

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

This is likely my last response to you personally...that message I wrote about the pill bottle has been removed.

Something that wasn't there...appeared.
With no LOGICAL/RATIONAL reason.
That is why I brought it up.

It's fine, I'm involved in another lengthy wonderful thread where it will be discussed.

If you (or anyone else) wants to know my experiences and opinions, they only need to check my previous posts.

I am done with defending my position on Berenstein Bears and the other 'alterations' that I have personally experienced.
jacy

That's a shame. I was interested to hear the answers to some of my questions.

No one is attacking your positions, no need to defend. As far as I can tell here, you've told us throughout the thread that you were going to post your "summation" of what you think is going on, and yet, that never seems to appear.

Logic is not scary. Rationality is not a threat. Sorry you react so badly to my posts. Best to you.

Best.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
double post

edit on 1-5-2016 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Ignore the trolls. They win when you take the bait.

Of course the bait gets annoying because they will continually run everyone in the conversation down for not answering their questions, even though we've been there multiple times. They ignore us, so we need to ignore them. Every so often just make a general post reminding everyone that we have answered their questions as best as we can, and then just carry on the conversation as if they don't exist. It's unfortunate but they force it to be this way. Either that, or the conversation goes off-track and into a spiral of asking and answering the same, completely killing the talk.

Rule to live by on forums: only discuss with those prepared to discuss. Ignore the ignorant.

Note: I need to get to bed!

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join