It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Anyone remember watching the Wizard of Oz and feeling like it was a lot different than you remembered it?

This one is not necessarily your "bad memory" ...

From 1968 to 1984, minor cuts were made to the film to make room for added commercial time and in order to have the film "clock in" at two hours. No dialogue or singing was removed, only moments such as camera pans and establishing shots, as well as MGM's written foreword to the film. On a few occasions beginning in 1985, again because of the increased time spent on commercial breaks, the film was time-compressed to fit it into a two-hour running time without cutting it.[9] However, The Wizard of Oz is now always shown complete and at its regular speed on television, both with and without commercials. When shown with ads, the film now runs about two hours and fifteen minutes, simply because of the increase in commercial time.

The Wizard of Oz on Television - Wiki

Also, on Turner Classic Movies ... there were many changes made ...

TCM - Wizard of Oz, Alternate Versions

I just can't believe none of you seem to remember "The Jitterbug" scene ... talk about stuff being cut from reality ...

edit on 30-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: roadgravel

The first awareness of it being different based on other people belief.

Belief is subjective.

True if proof had been removed where do we stand.
If a group of scientist proved a physical truth and the proof went missing they would be nowhere. They could declare that they remembered doing it and what it entailed but no one would believe them.

Like the movie The Forgotten (2004) all she was left with was her belief and feelings everything tangible was removed.

So if somehow changes are taking place we have nothing but what we feel, believe and remember but we still have that and if it is there for you it is real for you.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I'm not a subscriber to the ME effect either. But I'll admit I do remember "Mirror, mirror on the wall" from somewhere at least. I also don't remember Mandela dying until a few years ago. But then I do seem to remember the Vader quote as "Look I am you father"

Well I've been chatting to a few family & friends tonight over a meal with this. It was all just a bit of fun but it shows you how people do remember things differently.

Hell we all even thought Gene Wilder had passed away. But apparently at this moment in time he is still with us.

Even though people will come to different conclusions it is interesting to study memory and perception and what is at the root of all this.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Not sure if this would "count" as a time line change per se, however I grew up in a town spelled Amherst. Specifically pronounced Aamerst. Now, people who go to school I'm this town, and even local radio station pronounce it AmHurst, like it has always been spelled. What a mind #.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Allow for "quantum echoes" or "temporal shifts" or "dimensional quakes" or ... whatever ... in a cogent theoretical framework of reality ... to me that's fine (and even required in terms of many-worlds theories), but the language being used here (and not just here, in regard to the "Mandala Effect" in general) is non-specific and anecdotal ... again, fine in terms of describing subjective experiences ... but useless if you're really looking for a scientific basis for analyzing your experiences.

Here's the thing: at this point, there's no way to prove that reality hasn't/isn't changed/changing moment to moment, (or that it's a hologram/computer simulation/illusion) because memory, as we have noted, is EXTREMELY malleable, and if reality were actually"changed" then you would remember what it was changed TO not what it was changed FROM.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: jacygirl

(eta had added an edit and then decided to put it in a post in case someone thought the post changed on it's own and looses it even more!) The Moonraker clip when Richard Keil's "Jaws" character meets a girl and the punchline was when she smiled and had braces (audience laughs and "awwws") and now she doesn't was another WTF moment just now...

heh, I mean, it's not a favorite movie but I certainly remember that part after they crash the ski lift and she smiles and has braces, resultant groaning stupidity and why I disliked those flicks, heh... so dunno... but brains are far more malleable than anyone wants to admit, but that might be the point of an "experiment" so who knows.

Certainly some weirdness here... whether known psychology/quantum flux/experiment/manipulation ... or all of those, remains to be seen.

The comments on that video on YouTube are the key. They stretch back three years, but only recently do we see people starting to mention they remember her having braces. It was never an issue down through the comments for the years before that.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I've not invested much into this phenomena, always found it intriguing, but since it's not "provable" and can easily be written off as "faulty memories", it just seemed like a dark hole that goes on and on.

I have conflicted memories of the Berenstein books. I remember always being confused about how to say the name. However, what has me here commenting is another issue. I grew up listening to Paul Simon, mostly his Graceland album. My mother was a huge fan, and we heard the tape a lot. I have since exposed my children to him, and we listen to that album a few times a week. Last week I noticed that one of the songs sounds different. Notably different, and I have heard the song for over 30 years. Now every time I play Graceland, it sounds "off".

Not saying it's proof, just my only experience with something changing, that I can't just brush off as "I'm not remembering correctly".
wow, you just triggered a memory from eons ago, like 2008 i noticed that as well, and forgot all about that one.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The one that gets me is Mr Roger's song, I sang that dang song through kids and grandkids and now it has changed!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

For me the answer is maybe. I have a couple events that strike me as possible ME but im not sure enough to really say. Could be other factors.

I once experienced 2 hours of missing time on a road trip. 100% sure of that though I dont know if it would relate to ME in any way. Who knows what thats about. I would add though that i heard the sounds previously mentioned right before the lost time. Absolutely sure of this event.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Confirmation Bias

/done

"Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities."

By this definition, it is actually the ones who continue to ridicule the idea of integrating versions of reality who uphold the confirmation bias. A possibility can't get much more "alternative" than that. The idea of a failing memory would be the most logical possibility, and that is a possibility in some of the ME's. But there are the bedrock ones in which far too many people have too much passion about something that they know has changed.

For the mere sake of historical correctness, it wouldn't make a bit of difference to me that Mr. Rogers sang about "this" neighborhood" as opposed to "the" neighborhood. I would have no problem admitting I misremembered that or anything else if I thought that there was the slightest possibility of that. "This-or-the?" Who cares! I don't get royalties for the correct lyrics being sung. The point is, I'm as sure as sure can be that he sings about THE neighborhood, and the fact that it has been tampered with to now say THIS, means that I now know for certain that what we think of as reality stretches far beyond what we have been programmed to believe all of our lives.

The same goes for the Berensteins. What difference would it make to me what their name is? A name is a name. But the fact that something or someone is playing a game by changing it, and the implications in that, are what drives me and others to want to know what is going on here.

And so confirmation bias does not apply here, because these are otherwise insignificant matters that people generally couldn't care less about, apart from the implications of these very slight alterations. As opposed to someone who may have financial ramifications for being wrong, or someone whose lifelong religious beliefs may be destroyed by an admission of error, we have no vested interests in the difference between "this" and "the," or "stein" and "stain." As well as the other differences being noticed.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

(I remember her having braces...digitally removed for some weird reason?? It makes no sense.)

Anyone remember watching the Wizard of Oz and feeling like it was a lot different than you remembered it? This one is probably my bad memory, because it was when I was very young. It came on at least once a year and we watched it every time. Then when I was an adult, I saw it again, and it felt like it was different - missing scenes, that sort of thing... It's probably just me because what changed isn't clear. Something about the forest?? I hate to be so vague. Maybe someone else has memories of that too that are more clear - otherwise I'll just chalk it up to my personal brain.

I am very intrigued by the ME - it kinda messes with my head...

- AB

I suppose there is a slight possibility the video online was digitally manipulated, but that still doesn't explain why throughout three years of comments on that video, no one mentioned anything about her not having the braces until recently. This upholds the likelihood that all of these are recent, strange phenomena.

Also, there is a good probability that all of the old DVD's and video cassettes of the movie are now changed to match the braceless smile. This would basically eliminate any possibility of the movie makers doing a re-edit. I know there have to be boatloads of Bond fans out there who have the movie in their home library that could verify for certain.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No vested interest? I find that hard to believe..

To think someone is playing games with you by changing the name of adult diapers amongst other things is utterly absurd.

You are suffering confirmation bias by seeking out other people who agree with you and using them as proof of your beliefs.

This is apt, I believe..

“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.”

― Robert Wilensky

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
I postulate that there is a future event that tears holes in the fabric of reality, is caused by a mechanism located in North America, and the event ripples backward in time, very much as gravity wavea can do from black holes. I furthermore speculate that this disruption is causing disruptions in small bits of the timeline with information either scrambled or bleeding over from parallel realities (parallel worlds are a widely held scientific view of reality now) due to the event disruption of space time.

I get this feeling as well. Something from the future is tampering with the past in order to mess with us in the present. Which, if you think about it, basically eradicates all of our current concepts of "future, present, and past."

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
I would like to know if anyone else has experienced Mandela Effects in their own lives, outside of culture and geography.

Sometime around September of last year, my cousin and I were setting up a meeting over her house, via text. About a week later, when I got to her house, she asked me about my number changing. I told her it didn't, and then she asked who was texting her from my number, saying it was no longer my number and not to text it anymore. I thought it must have been a different number and she was looking at it wrong. But then she showed me her phone, and sure enough, under my number and in our conversation stream, there were texts from a few nights before saying that I no longer have that number, and to stop texting! (This also means I wasn't getting her texts.)

I verified the date, and know for sure I was at home alone that night, with my phone. There is no way someone else could have gotten ahold of it to play games.

To this day, that one still keeps me awake at night from time to time. No idea who or what could have caused that.

edit on 30-4-2016 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

No vested interest? I find that hard to believe..

To think someone is playing games with you by changing the name of adult diapers amongst other things is utterly absurd.

You are suffering confirmation bias by seeking out other people who agree with you and using them as proof of your beliefs.

This is apt, I believe..

“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.”

― Robert Wilensky

Hey, if you think I get some kind of profit from people saying Berenstein instead of Berenstain, by all means, feel free to believe it. Now who's the "conspiracy theorist?"

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Vested interest (communication theory)

Simply put, when people have more at stake with the result of an object (like a law or policy) that will greatly affect them, they will behave in a way that will directly support or defy the object for the sake of their own self-interest.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I've experienced missing time as well. It's so annoying with subjects like this, trying to figure our what may or may not relate. Maybe someday someone will do a large pole of people who remember "Berenstein" and see what they have in common, in terms of supernatural experiences, beliefs, characteristics and personal histories.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I can see why they would be startling. Was she able to text you afterwards?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ok I can honestly say I thought it was Berenstein bears and everyone I asked said the same. However what intrigues me lately is how this new tool is allowing us to even second guess our memories. Stuff like this happened in the past but we really couldn't google it with images forums and slew of information. I think more of this is going to happen.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus
Your take (confirmation bias/famously malleable memory) is, of course, the far, far more rational stance, and one that I totally shared...

and, of course, is the most likely solution to most of the MEs brought up, especially when applied to geography, pop media and unimportant daily details...

however, I suggest thinking of "absolutes" as the true unicorns... an "absolute" is something I've yet to find in this world.

Even IF this is total hooey and indicative of nothing but hubris and folly, it is good to consider ludicrous scenarios and stretch the belief systems a bit in our post Heisenberg world...

remember what lies beneath the Planck length.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join