It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: GoShredAK

Precisely yellowish white, yes. It always looked that way. Now, when you look at it, it's just white, unless it happens to glare through clouds in a particular way.

Search under Google Image for "sun in the sky" and all the pics depict a white sun...

If you search "sun colour" it will show it the way I remember...

I have been thinking all day about the possible simulation theory and how it might relate to something that has been a source of great concern for me for a long while now. It would make sense, if things like product names and celebrity deaths were being replaced, that other things would be altered in our daily lives as well.

Just as Jacy expressed earlier, I too have grown tired of being told that things I can clearly see with my own eyes, and have done my entire life, that I know for a fact are not what they should be are nothing more than my imagination. That what I am experiencing, and have been for several years now, is not actually happening. Enough.

I authored this thread last year. What I described in it is still ongoing...and with alarming frequency. In fact, it is happening right now, and has been for the past ten days. I have been telling myself since I joined this thread that what we are discussing here is not related. You just blew that denial completely away when you addressed the color of the sun.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes the sun's brightness and color definitely changed. I remember it being more yellow too. Was going to make a post about it here too.

And I just talked about this a few days ago looking at old pics, although in the case of those pics it could be due to the camera used back then, but I noticed it myself years ago.

I don't want to be right about this. I'd much rather take a pill and make it all go away. I have spent four years of my life being bombarded by environmental changes that no one else save a scattered few seem to be able to see. I am sincere when I say I would not wish this on anyone.

But every time someone else tells me that they have seen at least one of the anomalies that I have in whatever is masquerading as our sky, I feel a little less close to the edge of insanity. I feel a little less isolated.

I am so grateful for all of you on this thread who shared with rest of us, even though you knew you might be ridiculed for it. I never thought so many things that I've been experiencing might be connected to other anomalies such as this one. I'm sure the first to perceive the ME and other phenomena felt equally as alone.

I hope this and other threads like it continue to grow in number. If there is something being done to us by an unknown manipulative force, be it human or otherwise, and there is the slightest chance that we can possibly fight back, that opportunity is only going to arise if we work together.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Why don't people with something more than a pair of eyes to look at the sky with see what you see?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: jacygirl

originally posted by: jacygirl

This is the first thread that I have found that hasn't been completely ruined by trolls. (though they've tried)
I believe that some of us are very invested in this topic, and we have a right to discuss our thoughts, theories and experiences!
jacy

How is it that someone who disagrees with your admitted bias on the topic is "a troll"?

You've looked at the evidence presented and arrived at one conclusion, others have arrived at another.

We are all ATS members. We ALL have the right to speak on any topic according to T&C.

A better question might be, why are you intimidated or threatened by the counter-arguments to your beliefs?

Why do you want to isolate yourself to a community of "believers"?

If you didn't notice, that's cultish behavior.

Relax, I wasn't referring to you.

jacy

I'm quite relaxed ... I'm not addressing a personal issue, but a general one, which you're sidestepping:

Why are you bothered/irritated/intimidated by rational logical exceptions to your theory?

You do want to get to the truth of the matter ... right?

When condescending people infiltrate topics about something that they supposedly think is a waste of time, doing nothing but telling others they don't really remember what they know they remember, it is trolling. In fact, these are the "Men in Black" of the internet. Bullies with an obvious agenda who prey upon the timidity of gentler souls.

There have been many "nonbelievers" in this thread who have amicably taken part in profitable dialogue, and those who have been affected by the phenomenon are more than willing to have civil discourse with such folks. It's healthy debate. But there are also those sharks who have no intention of acknowledging or considering anything valid put forth to support the phenomenon. This is because their only objective is to dispel it. What their ultimate motivation is remains unknown, but we can make educated guesses.

People are progressively learning to simply ignore such parasites. They only have as much power as is given to them by those they are attempting to manipulate.

Exactly. Just as it is advised not to speak aloud the name of a demon because to do so gives it power, it is equally ill-advised to entertain the parasites who lie in wait for the next unwitting victim of their bullying tactics.

Ignore them and move on. The more traffic this thread gets, the more of them we will see. Why? Because we're on to something. So every single one of them who latches onto this thread is simply one more piece of validation that we are on the right track here.

Take the time to thank them for being so obvious if you must, but other than that just...you know...tell yourselves that they're simply an hallucination. Yeah. They're not real, we're just experiencing mass hysteria. Or we're just remembering their words wrong. Yes. That sounds perfectly legit.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Hi Tiger......Without going thru the whole thread, do you mind referencing the songs with the wrong words please....

Sounds fascinating.....Im a little bit of an old music buff......If you dont mind. Thx.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: antayat

originally posted by: TheKestrel04
If we shifted into a parallel universe we should have doppelgangers and spontaneous relationships with people and claims to things with did not commit or maybe possess things we never took.We should look to highlight these things as possible evidence. If the books say stain and some folks remember stain and some folks only remember stein then the steins could of bring brought to the stain universe.

Good point. Iv'e been thinking about keeping a journal. Now I'm going too. Keeping an eye on changes and possible relationships and the like.

Ditto. I started one several days ago. I think that would be a smart move for everyone. We don't know what they might alter next.

And this going to sound crazy, but I'm beyond caring at this point:

Write everything down by hand if possible...only in cursive. They've removed that form of writing from schools. Even my text predict, which is annoyingly sensitive, did not pull up the word "cursive". I had to add it to my dictionary just now. I don't think they can change something if it is written in cursive.

No, I have no proof or evidence. It's simply a hunch. But I'm following it. My version of a tinfoil hat, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

There are dozens of them.
www.uh.edu...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Wow, thanks Phage.....My eyes are now open. Cheers.

Im still getting over that "Afternoon Delight", wasn't about Fireworks..........

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Those are really silly... Seriously. I knew all the actual lyrics for those. Can't believe folks would think some of those mistakes were the real thing...

???

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Wait - it's not about fireworks???

Ohhhhhhh.

Lol!!

Ok. Back on topic here. Memory is a potentially strange thing. I distinctly remember someone telling me a cool story about a relative being a journalist and then (after I'd shared the story of course) I found out that the relative was Not a journalist, but rather a baker.

Thought I was going nuts. I remembered another WWII story that a relative was pilot, when in reality they were in the back of the plane dropping the bombs or some such. Oh, and something about an English war-bride that was totally wrong too. Made me feel like I'd stepped into the Twlight Zone!!

Then again, what if those other stories were examples of the same thing as ME? Man. A person could really go crazy trying to figure that out!!

AB

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The basis of this is to make people doubt their own memories. Accept only what you see now, forget the past you thought you remembered (and the freedoms that went with it). More NWO crap being force fed on the population courtesy of Gaggle.

So, the fact that we have known since the beginning of science and jurisprudence that perceptions (and memories) are suspect bringing this fact into discussions such as this is mere "NWO crap"?

Sounds like you could replace "NWO" with "Infidel" or "Heretic" there and have the same effect.

Speaking of humor...you chose to include the term "jurisprudence" alongside science as a reference point for your argument that our memories are simply faulty. I find that delightfully amusing.

Jurisprudence is the philosophy of Law upon which our society bases our entire judicial system. And what is still one of the most damning pieces of evidentiary testimony in a trial, relied upon to this very day? Eyewitness accounts. Which are based on what? Memory. And since most trials are not immediate, tidy affairs, it is typically also based on long term memory. Much like the testimony here.

Yet it is used every day as a reliable evidential tool, to prove to a jury beyond any reasonable doubt that the person accused is in fact guilty of the crime. It is why the police take a formal statement from people when they witness a crime, and that witness is then questioned again in court to confirm that statement before a judge and jury who are highly interested in what they have to say, seeing the event through their memories because they were there when it happened.

Now, doesn't that sound pretty hilarious since you are asserting that both science and jurisprudence dictate that our memories are so unreliable that all of us are just simply imagining things and what we remember is not to be taken seriously?

It certainly gave me a chuckle, so I thought I'd share.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

A person could really go crazy trying to figure that out!!

You said a mouthful.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard
Dunno 'bout the rest and yeah, this stuff coupled with malleable memory can shake one up a bit, but as far as the one WW2 story, the bombardier actually piloted the bomber during the bomb run, actually took over from the normal pilot, so maybe that one instance is explained?

The others.. .can't help ya...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

*bows*

Without corroboration for my mistaken versions of history, I have to assume I simply screwed those stories up.

I had someone mix up a story I'd told them and they ended up thinking I was a horrible person for a while until it could be resolved. Brains be strange.

I'm still shocked about the dang bears though.
edit on 30-4-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
People remember how they choose to want to remember.
The "Luke I am your father" star wars line is a perfect example. "Luke" was spoken earlier, the scene was a confrontation where Luke learns this info first hand and so does the audience, so it becomes "Luke, I am your father" when in reality the line spoken in the movie was "No, I am your father".

The only foul play is people getting interwebs attention playing on peoples fears and the all too common paranoia of a populace hooked on marijuana. This Mandela internet craze may be a drug induced mass hysteria. Don't be surprised if you end up in a sweat drenched fetal position afraid to move from believing this stuff.

Have a , lay off the bud, pink elephants are easier to recover from.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Wish it was that explanation but it was a larger plane with several crew and this person was stuck in the tail of the plane.

There is a historical record of this person so I do have evidence for them being in that position on a plane in WWII.

Thanks for trying!!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
Here's a question for the "Mandela effect" believers: if you really honestly think you've come from another dimension or whatever, where are the people that come from the dimension where the entire globe speaks Swahili? Where are the people from the dimension that is identical to ours except that "the" is spelled "theh?" Why is it always some obscure, easily-misremembered factoid that is offered up as "proof" for some kind of time shift?

You say that as if we all believe this is due to some time shift. We don't. That is an inaccurate blanket statement. And unless I missed a post somewhere (which is entirely possible) I don't recall anyone saying that they believe they came here from another dimension.

Your other blanket statement that it is "always" some "obscure factoid" is even more baseless. None of the things being discussed here could possibly be classified as "obscure". And that is the problem.

They're ANYTHING but obscure. So much so that large groups of people are coming together like this to talk about them. Your reasoning, baseless as it is, would make at least some sense if they really were obscure, because you can dismiss it readily from a few people. But that is not the case here. Try again.
edit on 305910America/ChicagoSat, 30 Apr 2016 22:59:39 -050030pm30120America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Errors

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: antayat

originally posted by: TheKestrel04
If we shifted into a parallel universe we should have doppelgangers and spontaneous relationships with people and claims to things with did not commit or maybe possess things we never took.We should look to highlight these things as possible evidence. If the books say stain and some folks remember stain and some folks only remember stein then the steins could of bring brought to the stain universe.

Good point. Iv'e been thinking about keeping a journal. Now I'm going too. Keeping an eye on changes and possible relationships and the like.

Ditto. I started one several days ago. I think that would be a smart move for everyone. We don't know what they might alter next.

And this going to sound crazy, but I'm beyond caring at this point:

Write everything down by hand if possible...only in cursive. They've removed that form of writing from schools. Even my text predict, which is annoyingly sensitive, did not pull up the word "cursive". I had to add it to my dictionary just now. I don't think they can change something if it is written in cursive.

No, I have no proof or evidence. It's simply a hunch. But I'm following it. My version of a tinfoil hat, I suppose.

That sounds good, but in theory, if the past is being slightly altered from the present, or future every record of it will reflect the change, it will be as it always was from the beginning. Except for some inexplicable memories. Some people can remember, some can't.

For example, let's say I send information back in time that facilitates a change of one letter in the spelling of your family's last name. all records would adapt to the change, it will be spelled that way from the beginning, but you remember it spelled differently, you will never be able to prove it, but perhaps you will find someone who remembers it as you do... The rabbit hole only gets deeper and stranger from there...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: wesleyapril

Erm... "by Jews of course.."

Anti-Semite much? Woah there buddy.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
I would like to know if anyone else has experienced Mandela Effects in their own lives, outside of culture and geography. In some instances, people remember that someone they knew (who was not a celebrity) had died and then was living again. This could be significant because most of us have noticed the same changes around us, that anyone could notice. If this stuff is happening within people's own lives, that only they or people close to them could notice, it would seem more likely to be some kind of organic occurrence. If however the changes are only, or almost only happening out in the open where everyone can see, it looks deliberate (or otherwise is intended to catch our attention on purpose.)

As for the idea of it being some kind of mind altering tech, yes that is one possibility. I can say that some of my memories of alternate spellings/images/events/places are so strong that I feel no doubt whatsoever. It is written into me, like a tattoo in your skin. So, logically I will accept the possibility, but my feelings deny it. I feel that if anything is an illusion (or has been rewritten) it's the changes themselves. Inside, a part of my inner child is still next to my father on the bed, looking at a "Berenstein Bears" camping story while my father reads it to me. It feels every bit as real to me as writing this feels.

On the morning of December 24, 2012, from the moment I got out of bed I had a strange sensation as if the air had increased in density, like it was pressing down on my head and shoulders.

Both of my ears were stopped up too, and I had a high pitched buzzing in my left ear, very odd, like the after-tremor of a cymbal clash, where you feel it in your ear rather than hear it.

I felt a vibration under my feet too, but constant and faint. I've lived in San Francisco so I know what seismic activity feels like, and this was not it. (It persisted for several hours, and so did the buzzing noise.) I decided to venture outside to investigate.

The sky was dark, but just flat, overcast...no cloud activity. No breeze either, just still and humid. It was difficult to breathe, like the air had a viscosity. It left a metallic taste in the back of my throat and my nose became clogged. There were no birds, no people outside, no dogs barking. Just this eerie silence with the faint buzzing in my ear, breathing oxygenated syrup into my lungs.

I decided to go back inside because I felt really exposed and vulnerable out there in that weird air. I grabbed my phone off the charger and opened it up. There were no messages, no notifications, not even an email. That was exceedingly unusual.

I decided to text my friend and ask her if she noticed anything odd going on outside and as I scrolled thru my text log, I noticed that my most recent text had been to my daughter, the night before. That was impossible; I had not spoken to her for several days.

I opened the texts and a message had been sent from my phone to hers, less than an hour after I had already gone to bed. I was not asleep at this time; I laid awake reading for about an hour. I did not send that message.

I called my daughter later that morning and asked her if she had received a text from my number. She said no. I asked her to please check again and I waited while she did. Nothing. So I told her what happened. She believed me, but she never received that message.

I don't know what caused the buzzing in my ear or the vibration that went on under my feet for hours that day, but somehow it was connected to the strangeness of the air and the text message that was, yet never was. Schrodinger's data plan...unlimited WTF, for a low monthly fee.

I know now that the sky was fake and that the buzzing sounds and feelings of being compressed are a side effect of that. The message though, is still unaccounted for. I got rid of that phone. I didn't want to have it in my possession after that bizarre message. In fact, I didn't own another one for a long period of time. Does this fall under the category of the ME?

Oh and the message...it said, "Where are you? I've been trying to reach you."

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wesleyapril

You realise that by insistently referring to yourself & others as 'Empaths', asking other members whether they might want to think of themselves as 'Empaths', etc, you in fact make the entire world of alternative research look like a secret society for Special Snowflakes?

Seriously, ditch the NAN (New Age Nonsense), for the good of all Humanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join