It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think the TPTB/ psy ops is more likely than a parallel universe. That may be because I do not understand parallel things and movies like the Matrix bore me because they are beyond what I can think of as ' real'. But if this is TPTB and all they want to do is alter a few extremely unimportant names on books and cd's , I guess that's not too bad, right?

ETA Of course if we all woke up tomorrow and our town name had changed, that would be a different story.
edit on 1-5-2016 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The "Luke, I am your father" example hits home for me and many other friends of mine. Why do 90% of people polled get this quote wrong? I have asked numerous people, many of whom are die hard star wars fans. They almost all get it wrong. I even saw a video on youtube called , "Luke I am your father" and in the video itself it shows the scene and he clearly says, "No, I am your father".

This is weird because "Luke, I am your father" almost became a catch phrase back in the 80s and 90s. Countless friends repeated this phrase, and later on in life even playing the star wars MMO game, folks still say it. Is it just because so many people repeated it that is became "true" for us? Are all of our memories really that bad so we'd all remember it wrongly in the same way? So far, out of all my star wars fans friends, just 1 has gotten the quote right. Were people just paraphrasing that whole time?
edit on 5 1 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: TombEscaper
However, I can also see when people have a rather curious persistence in devoting much of their time to something that they see as a waste of time, who also "coincidentally" make a point to remind everyone how fallible the human memory is as often as possible. I simply encourage folks not to let themselves be drained of spiritual energies by them, up to and including fully ignoring them.

I see where you are coming from, but in my estimation, it's only fair to fully analyze and consider both sides. If you can't consider every possible logical explanation when studying this, you succumb to confirmation bias, which can lead to believing in numerous things that have no merit. Folks have to separate themselves from believing things just because they sound cool.

I'm not saying this is the case with the Mandela effect or that it definitely is just a result of poor memories (it's one of my favorite theories that relates to quantum mechanics and theoretical physics). I'm just saying you have to consider the other possibilities. How much of it is poor memory? How much of it is more than that? This is why I suggested posing these kinds of questions to somebody that DOES have really good memory. There are folks like that out there.

The easiest way to reconcile this without faulty memory would be the universe as a computer program (easy doesn't mean accurate btw). Somebody goes into the code and reprograms the name of a children's story book and changes the last name of a musical artist. But why?

Does this relate to the numerous stories of people claiming to walk into other times and dimensions on accident? If there really are trillions upon trillions of dimensions out there with every possible choice and scenario ever, could one dimension bleed into another? Can they be crossed? Part of me thinks about the TV show Sliders, and if something like that could eventually become a reality. So much to think about, but science doesn't seem to be close to that level yet.

There is not one ME experiencer here who isn't fully aware of the fallibility of memory. This awareness is there even apart from the repetitive, relentless, constant, unending onslaught of reminders of broken records masquerading as someone trying to have a productive discussion. (This does not mean you, but it doesn't take long for those who have this agenda make themselves known.)

I definitely believe that a certain percentage of what people think are ME's are due to faulty memories, but many of them simply cannot be reconciled by that solution. For those who continue to experience them, an erroneous memory is at the bottom of the list of possibilities.

There are lots of possibilities of what is happening. Probably more than we can even fathom. The computer simulation/video game hypothesis is one that resonates with me, but this does not exclude the incorporation of other elements. There are probably multiple analogies that can be used that all apply to this one phenomenon.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: Gryphon66

You're a forum sliding troll who is making a pretence at having asked legitimate questions and having not received answers, despite the wonderfully rich and detailed discussion which filled the thread before you arrived with your song & dance. You aren't fooling any of us, and we only point out your tactics so that less aware persons perusing these pages won't be swayed by your burgeoning psy-op.

Best.

Really?

Ciao.

Salesmen tactics. Talk and talk and talk and when you start to notice that the person is losing interest and about to do away with you, throw something else at them just to keep the conversation going. Anything to keep their focus on you and away from getting back to what they are trying to do. I patiently gave the benefit of the doubt until it became obvious.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So, essentially, the cause of the Mandela Effect is not only utterly unknowable but is also caused by an infinite number of possibilities.

There's "no way to know what it is" but there sure as heck is a way to KNOW what it isn't, which is mistaken memories.

And, of course, the official Mystery cannot be challenged ... because that's Heresy.

I say NERTZ to all that.

It's happening to ALL of us. We all have things that we misremember ... like Barcs pointed out, most people think that Vader said "Luke, I am your father" ... what I'm seeing here is that there's just a certain cliquish group that want to OWN the "Mandela Effect" and try to discredit anyone or anything that they don't agree with.

These are HUMAN characteristics. I don't know of even one person that I've met in my life that hasn't said "Oh, I thought he died years ago." There's nothing unique about it, nor special, nor Experiential.

It's human. Normal. Mundane.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: schmae
It's bugging me too which is why I'm gonna stay right here on the fence...
Another thing that's bugging me are posters who don't seem to get that IF this is some sort of time manipulation then there is no amount of rationality that can explain it at this point in time. I think that is why some other posters get tired of hearing the same explanation and same question over and over. I happen to agree with the second group in this respect. I get it too: memory isn't perfect. But what if that isn't the answer? What i came to this thread for was alternatives to the simple explanation. When I have to read through multiple posts of someone trying to convince another of something they have already considered and discarded it not only gets tiresome but takes away from the flow of conversation and degrades the entire thread. sorry for going off topic but it was irking me
edit on 5/1/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: added "time"

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

Salesmen tactics. Talk and talk and talk and when you start to notice that the person is losing interest and about to do away with you, throw something else at them just to keep the conversation going. Anything to keep their focus on you and away from getting back to what they are trying to do. I patiently gave the benefit of the doubt until it became obvious.

Still talking about me rather than your own topic?

I invite you to join us. You can witness several members here that are interacting with me, that aren't trying to shut me down or out. What is it about my take on this thing that irritates you SO MUCH? I INVITE you to talk through it rather than merely trolling your own thread by talking about "me."

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

Isn't the "flow of conversation" the OP's clear statement that the "Mandela Effect" is now unquestionable?

Please, demonstrate logically how "if this is a manipulation there's no way to know at this point in time" ... how do you KNOW that to be true?

Why can't we KNOW? Why can't we REASON about something that is having an effect in the real world?

Why does this topic get special pleading and immunity from the most basic logic?

I do honestly apologize to you, if my interaction here has lessened the enjoyment of the thread for you; there are, however, different opinions on what this is and why it's happening. However, I'm as interested in the topic as you or any other member is, and I still fail to see how a rational approach is so wrong.

Perhaps you would enlighten me on that? Rather than talking around me?
edit on 1-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Obviously the falliblity of human memory is the most likely scenario here.

But in order to drive the psycho social experiment on, some of the posters are obviously pushing the boundaries as far as they can to make other members believe there is something odd going on and that time lines really are being changed. Until they accept it cannot be denied.

The problem is that those who believe time lines are being changed do not know who is pushing them to believe this. It could be the ones encouraging others to ignore those with a rational explanation (or even taking them on directly in an effort to silence them). Or it could be a more subtle effect.

Others are simply here to have a bit of fun. Whilst those who just observe are the ones who will gain the most.

edit on 1/5/16 by mirageman because: timeline changed

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Obviously the falliblity of human memory is the most likely scenario here.

But in order to drive the psycho social experiment on, some of the posters are obviously pushing the boundaries as far as they can to make other members believe there is something odd going on and that time lines really are being changed. Until they accept it cannot be denied.

The problem is that those who believe time lines are being changed do not know actually know who is pushing them to believe this. It could be the ones encouraging others to ignore those with a rational explanation (or even taking them on directly in an effort to silence them). Or it could be a more subtle effect.

Others are simply here to have a bit of fun. Whilst those who just observe are the ones who will gain the most.

I see your point.

Do you think standing up for basic logic is helping or hindering the situation?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD
The thing is, if(and that is one BIG if) this is some sort of time manipulation from the future, there would not be any physical evidence after the change occurred so there would be no proof except a memory in a scattered few who were not part of the change. That is one really deep rabbit hole.

For the most part, this is true. But what we have found is that there is a certain small amount of evidences that have "slipped through the cracks." They are not easy to find, but they are out there. It appears as though the manipulation behind this is not 100% "foolproof," so to speak.
edit on 1-5-2016 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: schmae
a reply to: IQPREREQUISITE

Maybe he hit his head and lost his memory of it right when it happened? There is a medical term for such but not sure what it is. Is that possible ?
ETA How old was he at the time? I can only remember a very few things before age 5 or 6 . My husband claims to remember stuff from when he was 2 or 3. I think he's full of s*** though.

I have clear memories from before I was two. I used to recount them to my mother and it would just blow her mind that I could recall them in exact detail.

I just assumed everyone could remember things from when they were a baby. It surprised me to discover most people cannot. You never know...he could very well be telling the truth.

Hi, I'm just jumping in here.
I have a very vivid from when I was 18 months old.
My mother (RIP) freaked out when I told her I remembered that, she said I couldn't possibly!!
Going back to catch up again.
jacy

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

I feel like science will eventually find a universal explanation for almost all paranormal activity, including this. Currently, inter-dimensional physics seems like a "supernatural" concept because it is far beyond our current capabilities in science, and is entirely theoretical at this point. That could be the key to understanding it all.

edit on 5 1 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Now that you mention it, there actually are some easily noticeable disinfo tactics on display here ... the constant implication that only a certain group of people is special in some way, that they have experienced something the rest of us have not, and that somehow this "in group" is privy to a greater understanding of the issue at hand than us normal, mundane mortals.

Yet, in reality, it's the same few examples that keep getting used: The Bears, Reba McEntire, Depend(s), etc. all perfectly explainable and verifiable ... so that's not what they want to look at ... which is only the ineffable, the unknowable ... the Mysterious.

You're right, once you see it, it's incredibly clear.
edit on 1-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It is helping to provoke reactions for further study.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Exactly and they are pushing this point to make others believe they are 'special' too. It's mighty interesting.
edit on 1/5/16 by mirageman because: Look I am your editor

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Isn't the "flow of conversation" the OP's clear statement that the "Mandela Effect" is now unquestionable?

It is unquestionable to him

I do honestly apologize if my intereaction here has lessened the enjoyment of the thread for you

Only slightly and no big deal really but thanks.

there are, however, different opinions on what this is and why it's hp

And I appreciate yours as I do everyone else's.

Like I said earlier, if(big if) this is time manipulation then there will be no physical proof and no amount of rational thinking is going to help figure it out.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
a reply to: TombEscaper

I feel like science will eventually find a universal explanation for almost all paranormal activity, including this. Currently, inter-dimensional physics seems like a "supernatural" concept because it is far beyond our current capabilities in science. That could be the key to understanding it all.

Good observations here. I look at things through the perspective of musical "octaves." One we reach the highest note of one octave, we move UP to the "lowest note" that we started with, but in a higher octave. Science has pretty much reached the threshold of what is explainable from a "3-D only" analysis. It is only through a willingness to now "think outside the box" and "start over" on a new plane that new discoveries can be made about what is possible to the collective consciousness.

What we call "science" is basically just an explanatory breakdown of what had previously been unexplainable. Primitively, fire would have been thought of as "supernatural" before the physics behind it were sought out and understood. 500 years ago, the idea of instantaneous worldwide communication, heavier than air transportation, and many of the other technologies that we have today would have been considered "supernatural" or certainly impossible to earthlings.

This is why a metamorphosis within the scientific community is needed. Quantum physics has begun to reveal the likelihood of things such as multiple universes and the like, but those in the scientific community are so desperate to cling to the notion of reality as we have known it that an understanding of higher realities is continuously choked off.

This is why those who have predetermined to classify themselves as "skeptics" are a part of the community who is holding back the collective ascension of humanity into higher states of being. ANYTHING is possible.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I still fail to see how a rational approach is so wrong

It's not wrong and I never said it was. I said IF it is time manipulation. Logic works fine for the memory explanation.

Why can't we KNOW? Why can't we REASON about something that is having an effect in the real world?

Because there are no absolutes and some things are beyond reason. This may or may not be one of those things.
edit on 5/1/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: another answer

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: tigertatzen

Why don't people with something more than a pair of eyes to look at the sky with see what you see?

I wish I knew. If I did, I would feel a lot better about this. That has been one of the most frustrating things about the whole thing for me.

Back when this all first started, I was having a lot of physical symptoms too. The buzzing in my ear and dizziness were alarming to me so I decided to get checked out.

Blood tests, head CT, eye exams...nothing was abnormal. I'm a lupus patient so my doctor knows my baseline very well. Nothing had changed. There is no physiological cause for anything I am experiencing. So I started looking elsewhere for answers.

All I know is that I'm really seeing what I say I'm seeing. I don't know why, but I won't stop trying to find out. This has affected my life profoundly. My entire world view has done a complete 180. I used to be very dismissive of people who spoke of things such as this. Rudely so, in fact. Until it became my reality.

I have not really said anything at length about the behavior of some of the skeptics on this thread, but I feel the need to address it after reading some of the arguments here over the past couple days. This isn't directed at anyone in particular, just my thoughts in general as they relate to the things being discussed in this thread.

So many people have said this already but until you actually experience this yourself, you can never fully understand what it feels like. It's not that we think we're some special class of people. I didn't ask for this, nor do I want it. If I could make it stop I would.

We're not trying to have some exclusive club here or start some new religion. Living with something like this, especially when you're aware that you can't talk about it without being ridiculed or ostracized, is a very lonely existence. It is not special at all.

All of us coming together like this and finding out that other people...MANY other people, in fact, are experiencing the same things is an indescribable relief. To finally be able to talk about this candidly, with other people who have been experiencing a similar private hell, is like being thrown a miraculous lifeline when you're struggling not to drown. And I feel pretty certain that the others experiencing this would agree with that assessment.

We don't need anyone to tell us that what we're describing is not consistent with what we know to be the laws that govern this world. We are already painfully aware of that. We are looking for the answers, and that's why we're here. We are not a bunch of uneducated fools making irrational assumptions, as so many are attempting to imply. Many of the posters here, including the OP, have spent years of their lives trying to find an explanation. We are real, intelligent, reasoning adults who are experiencing phenomena we cannot explain. We are not crazy, or imagining things, or just being paranoid.

Telling us that this is nothing, or we're making it up in our heads, or we're just remembering things wrong or being fooled by tricks of our own minds feels about as pleasant as being told when you're upset about something that matters very much to you that it's really no big deal and you should just calm down. It's condescending.

You're telling people that what they think and feel is insignificant and therefore, not worth anyone's time or attention; and by proxy, telling them that they are equally insignificant.

It puzzles me that people who insist so stubbornly that they do not believe that things like this are real seem to take an awfully keen interest in these threads. And not a passing interest either. They hang around. All of them vehemently deny any claims of condescension or mockery against them.

Yet they continue to harangue and bait and clog the thread with sardonic remarks. Either one of two things are the motivation for this. They are simply childish bullies with way too much time on their hands, or they are deliberately targeting threads like this in an attempt to derail them for some unknown purpose. Which is it? If you think it's all nonsense, then why stick around? Why not just leave all of us in peace? We're not a threat to anyone...we're all just imagining things, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join