It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of transgender student urges SC school district to update bathroom policy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LaWnOrDeR92

Already been done as shown in here by the opposing camp.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LaWnOrDeR92
One sexual assault is one too many. It does not matter if it is boys or girls. Sexual assaults can go both ways.

Every time a minority get their Equal Rights - - the eve of destruction is prophesied.

Hasn't happened yet.

edit on 28-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Again with this bathroom garbage!?

For #'s sake....

Male genitalia in men's room.
Female genitalia in women's room.

The extremely rare exception of hermaphrodites can be handled per-case...

Problem solved....

This gender-confusion thing is getting out of hand, and it'd the KIDS that are getting confused as a result....

The more we talk about this, the more we cater to the infinitely small exceptions, the more we're gonna confuse the youth and the more we'll see of this....

Its hard enough as it is for a kid to grow up and learn who about his identity, I fear one day we'll be asking 4 year olds what gender they 'feel' they should be.... And then we'll end up with half the population having changed genders at least once, and undoubtably end up with genetic issues when it comes to reproduction....

Is anyone else seeing this!?

Confuse the youth....
Popularize hormone treatments...
Damage our population's ability to reproduce...
Then we'll wonder how it all went so wrong... And it'll be too late.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86
Again with this bathroom garbage!?

For #'s sake....

Male genitalia in men's room.
Female genitalia in women's room.

Again with the physical.

Too bad Gender's in the brain.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

I'm wondering if you seen the pictures of transgender men and women?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I fear one day we'll be asking 4 year old's what gender they 'feel' they should be.... .

What's wrong with asking them now?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Ok, in that case, bathrooms don't care about gender, but your sex.

Can you use a urinal? No? Then you're in the wrong bathroom....

Honestly I couldn't care less which bathroom you use.... I've seen women in the men's bathroom when I was using a urinal, and I've had to use to women's bathroom (both by error and because of the mens room being closed down), and nobody batted an eyelash.

How the hell is this so complicated!?

Weewees use men's room, vaginas ladies room. End of story.

Whatever identity crisis you may be dealing with has nothing to do with bathrooms.....

Once you got the operation, congratulations, you get to change bathrooms.... And to your disappointment, it'll.change absolutely nothing..... They're both places where we just do our business and get out.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Once you got the operation, congratulations, you get to change bathrooms.... And to your disappointment, it'll.change absolutely nothing..... They're both places where we just do our business and get out.

Gender and sex are not the same thing.

Transgenders are not required to have surgery.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I fear one day we'll be asking 4 year old's what gender they 'feel' they should be.... .

What's wrong with asking them now?

As a child, there have been a few occasions where I wondered what it would be like to be a girl.
Had my parents gotten me on hormonal therapy and a complete sex change, I would today be a very confused andropomorphic individual.....

I'm a man. I'm proud to be a man. I don't want to be a woman... Granted, it's not so simple for some of these kids (such a tiny minority I really wonder why this issue dominates the media lately....). However, they are CHILDREN!
YOU as an ADULT should know better than to cater to each of your child's whims.

A self-aware, intelligent teenager is a different case, but no CHILD should be charged with a decision of choosing a gender when they don't even fully understand what it means yet, nor are they mature enough to make such a life altering decision.

I'm not pushing an agenda here, I'm not being a bigot, I'm trying to protect the integrity of children and simplify their already confusing task of growing up and learning about themselves.

Anyone who fails to see this is clearly close-minded, or pushing their own beliefs on others, or simply refuses to listen to reason, and is not fit to raise children.

*takes cover before I get attacked by insults and accusations*

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So what then... Crossdressers should use the women's bathroom too?

All I need to change genders is to decide that today i changed gender?

What about people who dress in gender neutral attire; they can use whichever bathroom they want whenever they feel?

Well alright then.....

Let's just make them all unisex bathrooms and get this over with.... Its getting ridiculous....
edit on 4/29/2016 by iammrhappy86 because: (no reason given)

I have a question now.... If on Halloween I dress as a female character..... Which bathroom am I supposed to use!? Have I temporarily become a woman by gender (not sex obviously)?

I'm serious here.... How does it work? What qualifies me as a 'transgender' or 'gender-fluid' ? Is it a permanent status!? How we even define this!?
Please educate me. I'm clearly lost on how this works.

I thought it was simple, as in On/Off, Up/Down, Male/Female. So how does this trans thing work if its not just a gender/sex switch?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Had my parents gotten me on hormonal therapy and a complete sex change,

How many times must it be said?

CHILDREN DO NOT HAVE HORMONE THERAPY

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
After further consideration, I claim that 'Gender' isn't a thing and should be abolished from our vocabulary....

You're either a male or a female or a hermaphrodite (physical anomalies do occur).

You wanna wear a dress and put on make-up? Great, do it, you're free to do so.

You want to graph a penis on your body or turn your penis inside out to look like a vagina and shoot yourself with hormones? Alright. That's pretty extreme, bit I won't question it, your choice to alter your body as you wish.

Now you're telling me it gets more complicated than that!? HOW?

Please explain .....

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I'm wondering if you seen the pictures of transgender men and women?

Probably just in p0rn? I think that's what most people's visualize when someone says "transgender woman" or the T-word.

There's pics of transgender kids a few pages back. You know, the ones that need to be safe going to the bathroom in school. The ones that don't want to have a bell around their neck and sound the "I'm transgender look at me" warning klaxon to all their classmates every time they have to pee.

I'm afraid for and kind of sorry for the folks that only see things in black and white and feel that view of the world slipping away as their inability to adapt and keep up has them running around like Chicken Little.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

After further consideration, I claim that 'Gender' isn't a thing and should be abolished from our vocabulary....

You're either a male or a female or a hermaphrodite (physical anomalies do occur).

You wanna wear a dress and put on make-up? Great, do it, you're free to do so.

Please explain...

I just posted a simplified (and other more detailed) explanations and more information that might help you understand here and here and here and here

Or you could just say you don't really understand the issue and ask questions with an open mind.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Not a fan of how you modified my quotes to make it look close-minded.... That's a low blow, and disrespectful.

At least put the [...] notation so we know you altered my quote.....

Anyway, I'll look at your links.

But please, when you quote someone, don't modify the content of the quote without proper notification.... That's wrong and can quickly detail a conversation on a forum.....

Man, I noticed a lot of these people have no respect for proper debates. You're not helping your cause by acting like this....

Edit: after re-reading, I get why you cut out a piece of it. Was graphic and unnecessary, you didn't like it because it probably offends you to hear the details of "gender re-assignment surgery", that's fine.

But the few lines after should've stayed.

But most importantly, those [...] marks. It makes a big difference.

There's little that offends me more than being misquoted or unfairly accused of something, especially if it opposes my morals and values (which is not the case of the latter here, no worries). Just be careful and respectful when quoting someone, especially during a debate or on a forum.

NOTE: I may have overreacted... Sorry about that. My point stands though. Have a nice day. ^_^

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Uh gee! Didn't mean to offend you but didn't see the point. I also don't really need your version of forum etiquette.

A little picky I might say when when I personally found the part I omitted offensive, crude and I didn't want to point out you wrote graph when you meant graft. Additionally your "details" of surgical procedure is irrelevant to this discussion, disrespectful and exhibits a dreadful level of ignorance (lack of knowledge).

There's also rules around here for excessively quoting posts and since yours was only one above mine, I felt the quoting the whole post to be redundant.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: TheBulk

a reply to: RedDragon

Oh I got his point allright. He ignored the science that has been presented to him many times on ATS. Apparently he thinks it's impossible for someone to be born with a mind that reflects the gender opposite it's sex. It's a real phenomenon.

Can you explain why these people;s rights take precedence over everyone else's?
Can you explain why your rights take precedence over anyone else's? A transgendered person using the same restroom I do does not infringe on my rights.
then why separate locker rooms/bathrooms/showers to begin wIth?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

Can you explain why these people;s rights take precedence over everyone else's?

It wasn't a problem until Fundamental Christians made an issue out of it. And besides transgender people have probably been in bathrooms and you didn't know it.
Transgender are just people pretending to be a sex they're not. How can you keep men from juyst going in to a girls shower?

I'm not surprised you use this opportunity to demonize a group you don't like, but I'm not religious and everyone I know that takes issue with this aren't religious.
edit on 29-4-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I'm clearly lost on how this works.

Finally, something you have said that I can agree with.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LaWnOrDeR92
The problem lies not in someone who will use the policy for benevolent reasons but those who will do so for nefarious ones. Those who clamor for the rules to be changed like to think it is all fine and dandy but if one sexual assault occurs due to this new rule change, then the problem lays in their hands. One sexual assault is one too many. It does not matter if it is boys or girls. Sexual assaults can go both ways.

What do you propose we do to prevent male predators from molesting young boys in the men's room? What new law do we need? Obviously we need some new law - how should this new law be worded? What will it entail?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join