It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of transgender student urges SC school district to update bathroom policy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's called Google. Try it some time. What's stopping them from doing that now? Well, if the appearance is obvious then anyone with common sense would attempt to stop it. Under the liberal "anything goes" bathroom policy, you're correct, nothing would stop it.

case 1
case 2
case 3

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

It's called Google. Try it some time. What's stopping them from doing that now? Well, if the appearance is obvious then anyone with common sense would attempt to stop it. Under the liberal "anything goes" bathroom policy, you're correct, nothing would stop it.

case 1
case 2
case 3

Your second case is just a simple case of voyeurism, but I'll concede the point on the other two. So people do do that. At least someone produced some evidence. Now answer the other question I had, what is stopping them from doing this now? Clearly nothing. Good thing there are laws to arrest these people.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

So your argument is that there are zero safety issues, and that your moralistic views are superior simply because they're yours? What if I choose to associate with the opposite gender only when I see your child going to bathroom unsupervised? How would you know the difference? If asked, I'll say I've been living this way my entire life! There's literally no way of differentiating, and apparently you're totally fine with that.
But you'd rather just dismiss an opposing viewpoint as being backwards, crazy, automatically tied to a specific faith because you're a bigot, and ironically ignorant. Acknowledging the concerns of other as valid and working towards a solution isn't a concern for SJW blowhards, huh? You just think the one who screams loudest wins... and ultimately that's what everything is about. Who cares about the comfort of others when you can be right!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Generally what stops someone from dressing up as the opposite sex is the fear of being discovered. I'd imagine this would be particularly detracting for those with illegitimate cause to do so, but I have no scientific evidence to support that. If the policy were changed to accommodate "anyone who identifies as whatever," and by that I mean acceptance without any established plan for differentiation, then what would stop them then? I personally don't have a problem with a trans person using whatever bathroom. My problem is that the SJW solution is so narrowly focused on being right and "winning" they've given no thought to differentiation whatsoever, because doing so would mean accepting some of the opposition's concerns as valid... and really, being right is more important.
So, if the criminal is less likely to be confronted, and subsequently less likely to be caught, what solution is there for that? How do we differentiate? Or do we just wait for it to happen and then react? I'm curious as to what anyone's thoughts might be because it all seems to be a lot of clatter about whatever else, when I feel like addressing this issue would most effectively get the results the SJW's are hoping for.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
My problem is that the SJW solution is so narrowly focused on being right and "winning" they've given no thought to differentiation whatsoever, because doing so would mean accepting some of the opposition's concerns as valid... and really, being right is more important.

WHOA son! Stop right there! This is a characteristic of the human condition. ALL humans strive to be right and most do it by down playing the opposition's concerns. Don't pretend like this is a characteristic unique to SJW's. All sides play it. Including your own. No matter what it may be.

So, if the criminal is less likely to be confronted, and subsequently less likely to be caught, what solution is there for that? How do we differentiate? Or do we just wait for it to happen and then react? I'm curious as to what anyone's thoughts might be because it all seems to be a lot of clatter about whatever else, when I feel like addressing this issue would most effectively get the results the SJW's are hoping for.

I'm pretty sure that dress or no, if you have a phone or camera out while in the bathroom, there may be some cause for suspicion. I noticed that in all your cases, the perps were identified because they were discovered filming people. So even if we do let a man dressed as a woman into the women's bathroom no questions asked, as soon as he pulls out a recording device and starts pointing it in bad places, he'll get called out for it. Just like it has always been.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

No, the issue here is that it's onl a problem for the wardped minds of ignorant "Christians" and Republican crazies who seem determined to force their views onto the rest of society while the rest of society has been moving on nicely and without any issues.

I find it funny that those who scream about this all being to "prevent sexual assaults" (while there have actually been NONE) suddenly change their minds about their motivations when the narrative doesn't suit their excuse.

Man in women's locker room cites gender rule

Man Dressed as Woman Arrested for Spying into Mall Bathroom Stall Police Say

Sexual predator jailed after claiming to be 'transgender' to assault women in shelter

University of Toronto Dumps Transgender Bathrooms After Peeping Incidents

Man charged after 10-year-old says he watched her in bathroom

Police: Peeping tom caught filming women in Brentwood Target dressing rooms

Man Dressed as Woman Arrested for Spying Into Mall Bathroom Stall, Police Say

There's seven...

Just common sense tells us that someone will do it because they can. That you would deny even the possibility, much less the reality, tells me much, because I don't believe for a minute that you don't already know this. Good to know that you would so arrogantly and sadistically put women and CHILDREN in danger for your own purposes while insulting those who would protect them. Quite despicable as well. But still good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

edit on 28-4-2016 by Boadicea because: To correct link title

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

There will always be predators. They will always find a way.

Denying Equal Rights out of fear justifies nothing.

This bill was meant to target students - - - transgender kids in school wanting to be treated normally.

You really want this transgender kid to be forced to use the boys restroom?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So here's a way to look at this.

Suppose there's 1500 kids at that school, and 1 of them DEMANDS to be able to use the boys rest room even though they're a girl, or vice versa, because they feel "special" and otherwise it would be "victimising" them.

If you agree with them and let them have their way you have 1 happy pupil and 1499 unhappy pupils who now feel "victimised".

If you say no then you have 1 unhappy pupil and 1499 happy pupils.

Which is the right choice?

Of course, give into the 1 "I'm special, everyone change everything for me, me, ME" and bollocks to everyone else.

I don't give a flying fig what they want to believe they are, they are what nature made them, and that's that - they can think what the flip they want, and feel what the flip they want, why should everyone else have to change just to suit their delusions.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Annee

Its only after Trans Students came out publicly demanding to be treated with respect - - - that it became an issue.

Yes, this. Except I think you are thinking those that came out and demanded respect as you say, are heroes. I see them as attention seekers. You were fine before this, why not just be fine? Why does everyone need a parade?

They should just keep saying "yessir master".

Yea, you are right. Might as well dress up pretty, prance around then get angry when someone notices. that seems to work much better. besides, sacrificing a few kids for the cause is acceptable losses right?

Are you currently writing a bill banning all Christians from rest rooms?
How about banning all Republicans from toilets?

Both of these groups are statistically more dangerous than transgender people.

Let me guess, that doesn't matter to you, right?

You refused to confront this issue in the last thread, but it clearly hasn't made you think any more logically about your own disgusting ignorance in this debate.
Instead of confronting this fact you ran away like a coward.

How about now?
How about you tell us how you would ban all Republican politicians from bathrooms seeing as those friends of yours are more interested in fiddling with kids than any transgender person?

Look sport, you seem to have a rather large emotional attachment to this subject. You have proven to not be able to discuss this topic without personal attacks. I'd rather not talk to you at all. Is that a fair request?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

There will always be predators. They will always find a way.

Denying Equal Rights out of fear justifies nothing.

This bill was meant to target students - - - transgender kids in school wanting to be treated normally.

You really want this transgender kid to be forced to use the boys restroom?

How on Earth can a child that small know that they "identify" differently then their body? When I was that little, I just wanted to play and have fun, I surely wasn't worried about how my gender assignment was an issue. Was she little girl who wanted to play baseball, or a boy who enjoyed barbies?

I can only hope nobody made any life altering changes to a child that small. I'd consider that criminal child abuse.

eta:
yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

edit on 28-4-2016 by network dude because: added link

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I can only hope nobody made any life altering changes to a child that small. I'd consider that criminal child abuse.

Trans children are not medicated or altered.

They are simply accepted and allowed to be who they are.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

How on Earth can a child that small know that they "identify" differently then their body? When I was that little, I just wanted to play and have fun, I surely wasn't worried about how my gender assignment was an issue. Was she little girl who wanted to play baseball, or a boy who enjoyed barbies?

You didn't worry about your gender issue because you didn't have an issue. It's not just about baseball or barbies. It's about core self awareness.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

My question is, how did all these transgender people get by before now. Why all the sudden the world must change to help people in this manner.

I would like all places I visit to update all walls with a side, so I can lean up against it. I hate standing. I wish to lean.

UPDATE YOUR POLICIES!!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You didn't worry about your gender issue because you didn't have an issue. It's not just about baseball or barbies. It's about core self awareness.

More like mother self awareness, wishing to pick up on every little thing she can. Trying to be a 'good mother' which normally shows a mother that is not so good, more like over doing the protection aspect. Yes, yes. Could have been the father too...

You let a child be a child, a child couldn't give a sh*t what others think. I know I have never seen a child under the age of roughly 8 giving a rats ass about what is going on in the world.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

My question is, how did all these transgender people get by before now. Why all the sudden the world must change to help people in this manner.

Like I said I know the reason (ok opinion!) but I'll let people decide for themselves

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Similarly to how blacks got by with having to sit in the back of the bus, with not being allowed to use the same restrooms as white folk? Why did the world have to change to suit them? Afterall, there are more white people than black people.

edit on 4/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

She said her son felt uncomfortable with using the girls’ room or the nurse’s room and was suspended in January for using the boys’ bathroom.

The student’s mother, identified as Lynne, says her son had been using the boys bathroom since middle school. It wasn’t a problem until his senior year, when she says a teacher filed a complaint and administrators asked her son to stop using the boy’s bathroom.

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
This is a reversed issue from the usual issue. This time it's the transgender boy who wants to use the boy's bathroom. So "protect the women from perverts in women's bathrooms" argument won't work.

So if she claims to think she's a teenage boy, why would she be uncomfortable around a group of scantily teenage clad girls?

Or do you assume that teenage boys are always comfortable surrounded by scantily clad teenage girls?

And if teenage boys are uncomfortable at the presences of a scantily clad teenage girl, shouldn't she understand why the teenage boys would be uncomfortable with her in the same locker room?

And if she doesn't understand or empathize with those teenage boy's feelings, how can she say she feels like a teenage boy?

Once again I say, this is a body image issue on a pathological level. Running away from it solves nothing. She is a female and needs to come to grips with her reality.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Similarly to how blacks got by with having to sit in the back of the bus, with not being allowed to use the same restrooms as white folk? Why did the world have to change to suit them? Afterall, there are more white people than black people.

So the blacks were ashamed of being black and thought they should be white?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Phage

So the blacks were ashamed of being black and thought they should be white?
Yes. They were told that being black made them less than human. Many believed it.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
These are our transgender daughters. What good parent wouldn't stand up for their right to use the correct bathroom?. They will grow up to be wives and girlfriends and most want to be mothers. They are not boys. They are not men. THEY are the ones at risk of assault and harassment.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join