It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of transgender student urges SC school district to update bathroom policy

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
And in that case, unless he pranced around showing off his wiener, it's likely nobody would know any different.

Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who does that?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: network dude

And when your daughters were 6 or 7? Would you force them to go to the men's room? What if they told you they were scared to go to the men's room? Would you continue to force them?

Can YOU explain what horrible things would happen if a trans kid used the bathroom of their identified gender?

If I was with them, and nobody else was there, they came into the mens room with me. and they didn't like it. But somehow, they survived.

I asked first. would they burst into flames? Or would they just feel relieved after they were done?

link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
. . . this is school life and therefore shows how sending young children to a public school only destroys their psychological thoughts. Public schools are the problem to most of our generation of lost children, it is only until a child goes to school does it suffer abuse and confusion over life choices.

That is not the subject of this thread.

Transgender is not a choice.

Neither is sexual orientation.

How you treat people is a choice.

link   

originally posted by: Annee

And in that case, unless he pranced around showing off his wiener, it's likely nobody would know any different.

Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who does that?

exactly.

link   

I just don't see what problems there might be if a kid (or full grown man) who looks like a man, goes into the mens room. (even if they feel like a woman or girl )
Yeah. We know that you don't understand transgenders.

But are you saying that a law requiring them to use a certain restroom is stupid? In that case, we are in agreement.

edit on 4/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Can you explain what horrific things might occur of a child who identifies as other, goes to the bathroom of their biological gender? I really do get that they feel differently, but it's a freaking bathroom.

Why don't you just paint a Big Red T (for trans) on the forehead of the 6 year old m/f trans child?

Why? Does the transgender kid need attention for his choices? Is that what all this is about?

That's how you interpret forcing a transgender child to paint a Big Red T on her/his forehead?

Lame.
edit on 29-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

If I was with them, and nobody else was there, they came into the mens room with me. and they didn't like it. But somehow, they survived.

In other words, you wouldn't feel comfortable sending them into the men's room 100% of the time, even though most likely they would survive.

I asked first. would they burst into flames? Or would they just feel relieved after they were done?

These kids are already going through some tough stuff, worse than the average kid. Why put them through more trauma of going to the restroom that doesn't match who they are in their head? It makes them feel bad. Some of them are actually scared. Many of them hold it to the point of causing damage to their bladder or bowels, rather than go to wrong restroom for them.

Now, you tell me - what horrible thing is going to happen if a trans kid goes the restroom of their identified gender? Will the other people burst into flames?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
a reply to: Phage

Completely different. Your talking an entire race of people suffering with extreme racism. To a minor inconvenience.

Minor inconvenience?

How about you go home to pee, and not in a public restroom.

I think you may have just solved the problem for everyone. Everyone can just go home to pee, and we can do away with public Men and Women only bathrooms. They can sell commercial bathroom spaces, and create apps to identify and locate the bathrooms that meets your needs.

For those that can't afford to pay for the customized elimination stations, the old bathrooms can either be changed to single user accommodations, or "Gender Neutral" signs can identify the bathroom as a free for all space.

Not to make light of a situation that so many seem to be so passionate about, but I try to avoid public restrooms at all cost. I never allowed my children to go in a public bathroom alone the whole time they where growing up. When my nephew was old enough to go in unattended, I waited outside the door until he came out. It is probably a woman thing, but even at my old age, the females I hang out with, we still go to the bathroom together, even if it is just to wash our hands.

We have always done it this way, for safety reasons. Just the safety issue has changed. Now it is because we may have fallen and can't get up.

edit on 29-4-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Can you explain what horrific things might occur of a child who identifies as other, goes to the bathroom of their biological gender? I really do get that they feel differently, but it's a freaking bathroom.

Why don't you just paint a Big Red T (for trans) on the forehead of the 6 year old m/f trans child?

Why? Does the transgender kid need attention for his choices? Is that what all this is about?

That's how you interpret forcing a transgender child to paint a Big Red T on her/his forehead?

Lame.

so you aren't looking for conversion, just confrontation. got it.

Why do you want to single out the transgender kids?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I just don't see what problems there might be if a kid (or full grown man) who looks like a man, goes into the mens room. (even if they feel like a woman or girl )
Yeah. We know that you don't understand transgenders.

But are you saying that a law requiring them to use a certain restroom is stupid? In that case, we are in agreement.

Yes and yes.

I think having a law about it is stupid, and not being a transgender person, I really don't understand.

I really wish the idiots in Charlotte had never made a law about this in the first place, then none of this other garbage would be necessary or even exist.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
It is probably a woman thing, but even at my old age, the females I hang out with, we still go to the bathroom in together, even if it is just to wash our hands.

We have always done it this way, for safety reasons. Just the safety issue has changed. Now it is because we may have fallen and can't get up.

I am a woman. I have never understood the "Bathroom Entourage". However, now I do appreciate stalls with safety rails.

I pee (or other) alone. 70 years, never had an issue. That is in Los Angeles, not far from Hollywood.

Public restrooms are for health reasons. To keep human waste contained.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

In other words, you wouldn't feel comfortable sending them into the men's room 100% of the time, even though most likely they would survive.

These kids are already going through some tough stuff, worse than the average kid. Why put them through more trauma of going to the restroom that doesn't match who they are in their head? It makes them feel bad. Some of them are actually scared. Many of them hold it to the point of causing damage to their bladder or bowels, rather than go to wrong restroom for them.

Now, you tell me - what horrible thing is going to happen if a trans kid goes the restroom of their identified gender? Will the other people burst into flames?

Aparently, my keyboard types words you don't understand.

A kid, who is transgender, needs to pee. I am going out on a limb here and say that is a kid who was born a male, but identifies as a female. This kid put on makeup, a dress, pumps, and a dashingly nice purse. This kid should go to the ladies room.

Counter proposal:
same kid, dressed in jeans and a metalica t shirt, geneally looks like every other 12 year old boy around. He shoudl go to the mens room.

In either case I have presented, please explain why the bathroom I suggested is wrong and why. Include the harm that this child will encounter as a result.

thanks.

ETA, and please note, neither kid has a tattoo with a "T" on is as Anne suggested they have.
edit on 29-4-2016 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
As always, it is a matter of choice.

I don't like public restrooms and I avoid them whenever possible, also for health reasons.

Of course, there are times when you just got to go. I am blessed enough, I think that is the right word, to have a huge and tight knit family. I rarely find myself out alone. If one has to go, it seems to trigger a sympathetic response.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Lame.

You asked the question how could it harm a child. It outs them. Why not just have them wear a flashing neon sign that says I'm transgender.

This bill specifically targets public schools and students.

Few heard of the transgender bathroom issue until some trans students (and parents) made the issue public.

That's where the origin of this transgender bathroom issue came from.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sounds like they need to only let one person in the bathroom at a time.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Lame.

You asked the question how could it harm a child. It outs them. Why not just have them wear a flashing neon sign that says I'm transgender.

Few heard of the transgender bathroom issue until some trans students (and parents) made the issue public.

If they appear to be a sex other than the restroom they are trying to use, they are outing themselves. is that really so difficult to understand?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Lame.

If they appear to be a sex other than the restroom they are trying to use, they are outing themselves. is that really so difficult to understand?

Uh huh, I'm 70, wear jeans, t-shirts, baseball cap, and hoodies.

Get called Mr. all the time.

I'm not going to use the men's room.
edit on 29-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You are indeed posting contradictory opinions. I was specifically responding to your opinion that kids should just go to the bathroom of their biological gender:

In that opinion, you said nothing about how they were dressed, you referred to their biological gender.

Do you have multiple personality disorder? Because if you do, then you are excused (both of you).

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I rarely find myself out alone. If one has to go, it seems to trigger a sympathetic response.

I like being a loner. I like the choice of going to hang out with friends, then coming home alone to my own space.

Point is, I'm in Los Angeles, near Hollywood - - - a very diverse area. Born and raised.

Never, ever, ever had any kind of incident in a restroom.

Sure, there's been some "suspected" trans, but they smile and are friendly - - - and just go about their business.

This bathroom issue is pure blown up fear mongering hype.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Lame.

Uh huh, I'm 70, wear jeans, t-shirts, baseball cap, and hoodies.

Get called Mr. all the time.

I'm not going to use the men's room.

Yes, and how many times have you been checked in the ladies room? Do the bathroom police give you the full pat down, or just the abbreviated version?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join