It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of transgender student urges SC school district to update bathroom policy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Annee

Can you explain what horrific things might occur of a child who identifies as other, goes to the bathroom of their biological gender? I really do get that they feel differently, but it's a freaking bathroom.

Why don't you just paint a Big Red T (for trans) on the forehead of the 6 year old m/f trans child?

Why? Does the transgender kid need attention for his choices? Is that what all this is about?

That's how you interpret forcing a transgender child to paint a Big Red T on her/his forehead?

Lame.

so you aren't looking for conversion, just confrontation. got it.

Why do you want to single out the transgender kids?

You asked the question how could it harm a child. It outs them. Why not just have them wear a flashing neon sign that says I'm transgender.

This bill specifically targets public schools and students.

Few heard of the transgender bathroom issue until some trans students (and parents) made the issue public.

That's where the origin of this transgender bathroom issue came from.

If they appear to be a sex other than the restroom they are trying to use, they are outing themselves. is that really so difficult to understand?

Uh huh, I'm 70, wear jeans, t-shirts, baseball cap, and hoodies.

Get called Mr. all the time.

I'm not going to use the men's room.

Yes, and how many times have you been checked in the ladies room? Do the bathroom police give you the full pat down, or just the abbreviated version?

Have you?

We have bathroom police now?

I don't carry a certified gender card either.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: network dude

You are indeed posting contradictory opinions. I was specifically responding to your opinion that kids should just go to the bathroom of their biological gender:

Can you explain what horrific things might occur of a child who identifies as other, goes to the bathroom of their biological gender? I really do get that they feel differently, but it's a freaking bathroom.

In that opinion, you said nothing about how they were dressed, you referred to their biological gender.

Do you have multiple personality disorder? Because if you do, then you are excused (both of you).

we aren't confused at all. We asked a simple question. we are of the opinion that the bathroom thing is just a way for someone who wants attention to get more of it. Otherwise, they would not try to make new laws and just use the restroom they used back before anyone cared.

With the ammount of discussion over this, the world must be inundated with transgenders, and they are so good at dressing how they want, I just can't see them for who they biologically are. So they have successfully fooled me.

Now, please answer for us, why a transgender boy, who dressed like a boy, would have problems using the mens room?

Or do transgender boys never dress like boys? (see, I really dont' get this, which is way I am asking)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Why don't you just paint a Big Red T (for trans) on the forehead of the 6 year old m/f trans child?

Why? Does the transgender kid need attention for his choices? Is that what all this is about?

That's how you interpret forcing a transgender child to paint a Big Red T on her/his forehead?

Lame.

You asked the question how could it harm a child. It outs them. Why not just have them wear a flashing neon sign that says I'm transgender.

Few heard of the transgender bathroom issue until some trans students (and parents) made the issue public.

If they appear to be a sex other than the restroom they are trying to use, they are outing themselves. is that really so difficult to understand?

Yes, and how many times have you been checked in the ladies room? Do the bathroom police give you the full pat down, or just the abbreviated version?

Have you?

Right. So explain who is going to hinder the bathroom experience for transgenders to the point they need a special law to go.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Lame.

Have you?

Right. So explain who is going to hinder the bathroom experience for transgenders to the point they need a special law to go.

"SPECIAL" ?

When did they request a law? Laws were made against them.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
the whole argument about children being transgender is ridiculous......because im sure children understand whats best for them right?

no different than kids saying they don't want to eat their vegetables and would rather have ice cream for every meal.....

news flash liberals.....children need guidance...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJMcIntosh
the whole argument about children being transgender is ridiculous......because im sure children understand whats best for them right?

More nonsense.

Have you bothered to do any reading or reesearch?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

A kid, who is transgender, needs to pee. I am going out on a limb here and say that is a kid who was born a male, but identifies as a female. This kid put on makeup, a dress, pumps, and a dashingly nice purse. This kid should go to the ladies room.

Counter proposal:
same kid, dressed in jeans and a metalica t shirt, geneally looks like every other 12 year old boy around. He shoudl go to the mens room.

It seems some really just cannot grasp what being transgender is. It is not about dressing up and pretending, it is about being who you are. Clothes are only an an expression of that, not the cause of it.

Look, flannel! Blue jeans!

The girl on the left is Nicole Maines. She is "out" because her parents sued the school for discrimination (and won). She is not a boy. Transgender girls are not boys. If you can't see why these girls should use the girl's bathroom, perhaps an eye exam might help? I don't know what it takes?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

no different than kids saying they don't want to eat their vegetables and would rather have ice cream for every meal.....

news flash liberals.....children need guidance...

Severe emotional trauma and depression to the point of attempted castration and suicide is a lot different than not wanting to eat vegetables...

You are clueless aren't you?
News flash morons.... these children are getting guidance from their parents, from their doctors, from their psychiatrists, from their endocrinologists, etc.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
I grew up in the country. Our first family home had an outhouse until I was about 10 years old. Nobody wanted to hang around an outhouse. You did what you had to do and quickly, very quickly left.

The house had 1 bathroom for 12 people. Us children shared the bathroom according to age, different school times. I grew up on the water. Skinny dipping was a regular thing, weather permitting. I don't remember there ever being any talk about anyone's private parts, even when we reached the age of being teenagers. Nudity and private parts were everyday normal equipment, that only garnered attention if they were malfunctioning.

To be fair, none of us girls looked anything like the teens today. I graduated weighing 90 pounds soak and wet, with a brick in each pocket. I guess being country girls, we didn't get a chance to store much body fat. That sure changed with time.

We knew were babies came from. It was the country. Critter were having babies all the time, either by intervention, or by natural selection. But sex wasn't something that we focused on, or even talked about until much later. In fact, I think the first time one of my friends talked about wanting a boyfriend, she was 16. I was 15, late birthday, and sex was never even thought of.

Children today are sexualized too early. It shouldn't be an issue for them, and I honestly believe it wouldn't be, if the adults left them alone, and stopped pushing their fears, concerns, and agendas, onto the children.

This bathroom issue is pure blown up fear mongering hype.

I couldn't agree with you more.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

That's unfortunate. Now she can use the bathroom in her own house since she's being home schooled. Her mom should have told her that she was a girl from the get-go. Her mom set her up for failure and has nobody to blame but herself.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If you can totally pass for the gender you identify as, it usually wasn't a problem - UNLESS someone knew you and knew your past. If you were early in your transition, or weren't able to start your transition until after the permanent effects of puberty, you didn't have it so easy.

Most folks don’t think twice about using the restroom, but for transgender people, accessing the restroom that matches our gender identity too often results in ridicule or violence. Those of us who don’t fit narrow gender stereotypes — including transgender people transitioning from one gender to another — are most likely to be targeted.

At Transgender Law Center, we’ve been explaining this harsh reality to policy makers for years. In fact, our 2005 publication Peeing in Peace is still wildly popular and has inspired the creation of a new mobile app to help trans folks find safe places to use the restroom. Our helpline receives more than 2,500 requests each year. Some of those callers include employees of major corporations who are not allowed to use the appropriate restroom at work, students who aren’t allowed to use the appropriate restroom at school, and people who have been attacked in restrooms at malls and grocery stores.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

It's not Metallicus's fault that you created a thread about a mentally ill gender confused girl.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: DupontDeux

I struggle to see how anyone else would have a basis for comparison.

That's where neuroscience comes in. Plenty of research in that area. BTW it's not "feeling like the opposite gender", it's knowing it despite knowing you have the body of the opposite sex.

LOL!!! You probably really believe that, too...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Children today are sexualized too early. It shouldn't be an issue for them, and I honestly believe it wouldn't be, if the adults left them alone, and stopped pushing their fears, concerns, and agendas, onto the children.

The kids don't care. Its the adults.

This whole thing escalated from a student saying something to her parents. (more then one school)

Then the parents went berserk. Became the bullying brigade calling special meetings forcing school districts not to accommodate the trans students.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I find it funny that you spew tolerance, but then throw a temper tantrum and call names when someone doesn't agree with you

no....its common sense....children don't always know what's best for them......I know that might be surprising.....

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

no....its common sense....children don't always know what's best for them......I know that might be surprising.....

The children don't make this decision all by themselves. How many times do I have to repeat it? There are doctors, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, etc. All are working in a team with the parents.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

I find it funny that you spew tolerance, but then throw a temper tantrum and call names when someone doesn't agree with you

Funny? Some can insult an entire minority group due to ignorance.

But, whine when they get their feelings hurt.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Now, please answer for us, why a transgender boy, who dressed like a boy, would have problems using the mens room?

Yeah, that's a darned good question isn't it? Some want transgender boys, that look like boys, dress like boys, act like boys, think like boys and feel themselves in their heart and soul to BE boys, to use the girl's bathroom. Doesn't seem to make any sense, does it?

But yet when this same apparent logic and common sense approach is applied to transgender girls, people lose their minds for some reason?

Or do transgender boys never dress like boys? (see, I really dont' get this, which is way I am asking)

These are transgender men. They are not dressing up or trying to fool or deceive anyone.

These are transgender women. Who do you think transgender girls grow up to be? This is about being authentic and true to yourself as a person and who you know yourself to be. It isn't a masquerade, it isn't a game and it for damn sure isn't something people do for fun or on a whim or to fool people.

I see you continue to struggle with this and ask for explanation even when explanation and testimony has been provided. What is it that you don't understand, exactly? I'd like to help with that, I truly would but you have to be willing to listen and so far, little of what has been said to you has sunk in?

It it impossible to explain what being trans or having gender dysphoria feels like to someone that is not. You will never have an understanding of it on that level. Imagine trying to explain the color red to a person that has been blind since birth. You know what red looks like, you know it when you see it but words and explanation will never make a blind person understand. It's like that.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

whos feelings were hurt?? were yours?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Oh what first world problems we have. You think people in third world countries give a s##t (pun intended) about who uses what bucket. Assuming, they have a bucket. Since when did bathrooms become sacred sites that need special governance? Get in, do your business, and get out. Should we really be concerned with who is in the urinal or at all next to us?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join