It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of transgender student urges SC school district to update bathroom policy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

a reply to: BlackProject

My question is, how did all these transgender people get by before now. Why all the sudden the world must change to help people in this manner.

Similarly to how blacks got by with having to sit in the back of the bus, with not being allowed to use the same restrooms as white folk? Why did the world have to change to suit them? Afterall, there are more white people than black people.

So the blacks were ashamed of being black and thought they should be white?
Yes. They were told that being black made them less than human. Many believed it.

Uh huh.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Freija,

Some are just cruel, some are just ignorant based on their religious teachings, some are both cruel and ignorant. There are those in this thread that would disown their own children for being gay, let alone being transgendered. Kudos to you for trying to protect those that do not have a loud enough voice to defend themselves.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
These are our transgender daughters. What good parent wouldn't stand up for their right to use the correct bathroom?.

Our transgender daughters? No, they are someone else's kid.

Your definition of 'good parent' differs from mine. If my son wants long hair and to wear make-up and a dress, that's one thing. I'll advise against it. Public ridicule will take care of that. He'll have to pay for it all out his allowance, of course.

If he wants to go into a girl's locker room that's where I draw the line. He and I will have to have a little chat about biology DNA, hormones and reality.

A *responsible* parent will make sure their child can deal with the reality of their situation.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

My question is, how did all these transgender people get by before now. Why all the sudden the world must change to help people in this manner.

Similarly to how blacks got by with having to sit in the back of the bus, with not being allowed to use the same restrooms as white folk? Why did the world have to change to suit them? Afterall, there are more white people than black people.

Yes. They were told that being black made them less than human. Many believed it.

Uh huh.

And in 2016, you are willing to admit that you are ok with this?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Freija,

Some are just cruel, some are just ignorant based on their religious teachings, some are both cruel and ignorant. There are those in this thread that would disown their own children for being gay, let alone being transgendered. Kudos to you for trying to protect those that do not have a loud enough voice to defend themselves.

And enablers just like to type to see their words on a screen and otherwise have no idea what they are talking about, preferring instead to place a false narrative on people they disagree with.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Uh huh.

Okay with what? Biological science?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

These are our transgender daughters. What good parent wouldn't stand up for their right to use the correct bathroom?.

Our transgender daughters? No, they are someone else's kid.

Your definition of 'good parent' differs from mine. If my son wants long hair and to wear make-up and a dress, that's one thing. I'll advise against it. Public ridicule will take care of that. He'll have to pay for it all out his allowance, of.

If he wants to go into a girl's locker room that's where I draw the line. He and I will have to have a little chat about biology DNA, hormones and reality.

A *responsible* parent will make sure their child can deal with the reality of their situation.

So if your transgendered child would commit suicide, that would just be part of the reality of the situation?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Uh huh.

It is biological science somehow that blacks are less than human? Please find me a source for this scientific breakthrough.

link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Boadicea

There will always be predators. They will always find a way.

Denying Equal Rights out of fear justifies nothing.

Your idea of 'equal rights' needs work.

This bill was meant to target students - - - transgender kids in school wanting to be treated normally.

They are being treated normally. Penis in the boy's room, vagina in the girl's room. Equal.

You really want this transgender kid to be forced to use the boys restroom?

Why not?

link   

[And enablers just like to type to see their words on a screen and otherwise have no idea what they are talking about, preferring instead to place a false narrative on people they disagree with.

You're right. I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. Yup. Completely clueless.

Looked in a mirror lately?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Uh huh.

It is biological science somehow that blacks are less than human? Please find me a source for this scientific breakthrough.

Wow. Step back dude, Phage was the person saying blacks were treated as less that human and believed it. I expressed skepticism at his assertion. I know you want to think the worst of me because I don't support people's inner delusions, but at least understand what you are having a knee-jerk reaction to.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

[And enablers just like to type to see their words on a screen and otherwise have no idea what they are talking about, preferring instead to place a false narrative on people they disagree with.

You're right. I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. Yup. Completely clueless.

Looked in a mirror lately?

Yep. And yep.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
and you type words on the screen in order to try and increase the ignorance in the world. Amazingly, all of my 5 children are adults, and most likely have been in a public restroom with a transgendered individual. Transgendered individuals affect my life in no way as a heterosexual male, it is amazing that they affect your life in such a way, that you need to post in every thread about trans folks. Me doth think you protest too much.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Phage was the person saying blacks were treated as less that human and believed it.

Yes history shows that.

I expressed skepticism at his assertion.

Thanks for sharing that here but that adds nothing to this discussion unless you want to prove Phage wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
an answer in the affirmative, in no way expresses skepticism

edit on 4/28/2016 by BubbaJoe because: stuff doesn't work right

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Freija,

And enablers just like to type to see their words on a screen and otherwise have no idea what they are talking about, preferring instead to place a false narrative on people they disagree with.

No I actually try to defend everyone's rights, even those that I disagree with, you have the right to be that way, but I have the right to point it out. Other than my tax dollars, I have no dog in this fight, other than not wanting to see anyone treated like a second class citizen, but apparently you are ok with it, as long as it is not a group you identify with.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

and you type words on the screen in order to try and increase the ignorance in the world. Amazingly, all of my 5 children are adults, and most likely have been in a public restroom with a transgendered individual. Transgendered individuals affect my life in no way as a heterosexual male, it is amazing that they affect your life in such a way, that you need to post in every thread about trans folks. Me doth think you protest too much.

Methinks you project way too often.

I don't care about transgenders in bathrooms, honestly.

If they are men who honestly think they are women, then then can only use a stall.

If they are women who honestly think they are men, they are not using a urinal and therefore using a stall.

As you say, zero impact on our lives.

I am not concerned about those rare instances. Census numbers says the percentage of transgenders in the population are 0.3%. Not very common. Of that, from what I understand, there are 2 men for every 1 woman who thinks they are the wrong gender. So that means 0.2% are men who think they are women.

Crime data says that roughly 3.0% of the heterosexual population are sexual predators, primarily men.

So when a woman goes into a woman's locker room or shower and sees a naked man, the statistics say that man is 15 times more likely to be a predator than confused about their gender reality.

So when I say we need to keep penises in the men's room and vaginas in the lady's room, I am thinking about keeping sexual predator men out of the lady's room. Otherwise I can only think that trans-enablers really don't care about the safety of women and girls, and are only interested in the social justice fad of the moment.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Metallicus

That's it? That's your argument?

If wishing worked like that I would be 30 years younger.

Nice strawmen's argument you got there. You've been on ATS long enough to know better.

Are you or are you not ok with a transgender boy using the boy's bathroom? If the boys are ok with it, then what's the issue?

So how can you legally keep boys out of girl's locker rooms if you';re going to let boys in to girls locker rooms and vice versa?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: RedDragon

Oh I got his point allright. He ignored the science that has been presented to him many times on ATS. Apparently he thinks it's impossible for someone to be born with a mind that reflects the gender opposite it's sex. It's a real phenomenon.

Can you explain why these people;s rights take precedence over everyone else's?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Methinks you project way too often.

I don't care about transgenders in bathrooms, honestly.

If they are men who honestly think they are women, then then can only use a stall.

If they are women who honestly think they are men, they are not using a urinal and therefore using a stall.

As you say, zero impact on our lives.

I am not concerned about those rare instances. Census numbers says the percentage of transgenders in the population are 0.3%. Not very common. Of that, from what I understand, there are 2 men for every 1 woman who thinks they are the wrong gender. So that means 0.2% are men who think they are women.

Crime data says that roughly 3.0% of the heterosexual population are sexual predators, primarily men.

So when a woman goes into a woman's locker room or shower and sees a naked man, the statistics say that man is 15 times more likely to be a predator than confused about their gender reality.

So when I say we need to keep penises in the men's room and vaginas in the lady's room, I am thinking about keeping sexual predator men out of the lady's room. Otherwise I can only think that trans-enablers really don't care about the safety of women and girls, and are only interested in the social justice fad of the moment.

Amazingly locker rooms have not been mentioned in this entire thread, and according to your data, women cannot be predators. No one seems to be concerned about the safety of boys or men, and the last two most public cases involved adult men abusing boys. I am not interested in social justice, just equality for all, which seems to escape those that embrace the constitution most closely.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join