It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of transgender student urges SC school district to update bathroom policy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: breakingbs

Ignorant

adjective
1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned:
an ignorant man.
2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact:
ignorant of quantum physics.
3.uninformed; unaware.
4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training:

There is nothing wrong with being ignorant (for one, it doesn't mean to be rude like people like to use it). You just have to recognize the ignorance and fix it with some education. But reveling in the fact that you can't be bothered to update your thinking about concepts that people are discussing is just going to result in you being insulted like so. Though like I said, nothing wrong with ignorance, if you want to be proud that you are ignorant on a topic, then don't get mad when people call you ignorant. It's the truth.

I'm not mad. It's just, what if I literally DONT SEE the problem. It's not pride (even though I can be prideful on other issues.) I just literally don't see it. People can call me whatever they wish. I'm not baiting. I understand the argument why someone would call me ignorant because I've been called worse, but when it comes to seeing what I've done wrong, I just don't. It's not an education issue. So it gets to the issue of how far someone might go to criminalize my thoughts. I'm not making insults or suggesting anyone get hurt.
edit on 27-4-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I personally could give a rats ass which restroom this kid used. But in the interest of the rest of the entire school, why couldn't this kid have just used the nurse's bathroom to avoid any and all issues?

I get that a teacher got a bug up their behind and made the ruckus, but rather than just kill all discussion, they had to push the issue. It is right that a person might have to "take one for the team and do something they might not enjoy"? Well, it's not fair, but then life isn't fair. If this kid did just use the nurse's bathroom, he would still be in school and would be able to graduate just like everyone else. He made a stand, and now will be punished for it, right or wrong. I don't make the rules, but I do know how to survive with them.

Exactly.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It wasn't an issue for 3 years until a teacher complained. And besides the nurse's bathroom is on first floor away from the classes.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Why wasn't this an issue 20 years ago?

Because the APA only removed the broad classification of this behavior from their list of mental disorders 3 years ago. Simply put, these people probably didn't rock the boat when their "situation" was considered an abnormal mental illness by doctors and scientists 20 years ago because they didn't want to publicly be seen as being mentally ill.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: network dude

It wasn't an issue for 3 years until a teacher complained. And besides the nurse's bathroom is on first floor away from the classes.

Network dude basically said that people could have ignored that teacher. It's not national news. A teacher did some things. This whole thing feels Orwellian, or at least like another bandwagon to jump on which is just as bad. There will always be person who feels out of place.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: onequestion
Why wasn't this an issue 20 years ago?

Because the APA only removed the broad classification of this behavior from their list of mental disorders 3 years ago. Simply put, these people probably didn't rock the boat when their "situation" was considered an abnormal mental illness by doctors and scientists 20 years ago because they didn't want to publicly be seen as being mentally ill.

Interesting. I didn't even know that. Good to know...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yeah I see your point. Now I think about it it does seem that the school was aware of it but kept quiet because there was no problem until the teacher brought it up into the open so the school had no choice.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Yeah I see your point. Now I think about it it does seem that the school was aware of it but kept quiet because there was no problem until the teacher brought it up into the open so the school had no choice.

Exactly. And I'm not going to go flagging across the United States just because one kid might be up to some bathroom business. Bad terminolgy I'm sure but I don't know how else to put it oh well. That's just not a very realistic perspective to begin with or not high on my list of things to think about around the dinner table. Basically, I might say some things that sound crude or insulting, but I try to avoid the extremes.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I am sympathetic to the kid's issue, but he had two choices in how to deal with this, one way, would have eliminated any whining or complaining by the butt hurt teacher, the other, makes a production out of it, makes the kid a martyr, and robs him of his chance to walk with his classmates at graduation.

If more folks would take the path of least resistance, those who feel the need to run their mouths would quickly run out of things to talk about. (the teacher in this case)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have been watching these arguments for a while and propose a solution. It may seem overly harsh to some but it will certainly cut down on legal fees, reduce the case load on the courts, and not require re-plumbing entire cities.

1. Drop drawers
2. Look at crotch
3. Lady parts=go to ladies room; Men parts=go to men's room
4. Don't like assignment? Change parts.

There. Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Transgenders have been using public toilets all along and no one said anything, because there is no issue.

Than why does the LGBT movement have to push this issue and lobby our government officials to create laws for transgender people? Protecting the rights of the minority to cross dress, change their looks, sexual orientation, and declare themselves transgender is one thing. However, a republic doesn't give them the right to infringe on the privacy rights of others.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Its only after Trans Students came out publicly demanding to be treated with respect - - - that it became an issue.

Yes, this. Except I think you are thinking those that came out and demanded respect as you say, are heroes. I see them as attention seekers. You were fine before this, why not just be fine? Why does everyone need a parade?

I finished putting the molding on my screened in porch, should that warrant my demanding a ticker tape parade?

What's wrong with just being happy who you are?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
I do believe that the problem does start with the parents.

Children left alone, unmanipulated, will not have any interest, outside of general curiosity, about what sex they are. Children want to be like Mommy or like Daddy. They have no more understanding of what that means, or the societal norms, than they do when they are convinced the are going to grow up to marry Mommy or marry Daddy.

It is the parent's responsibility to explain the dynamics. I don't think any parent would think it would be appropriate to marry their child, regardless of how much they scream, cry, and yell, that they want to.

Too many parents have lost their way. They don't know how to be parents anymore. The are taking their cues from TV shows, movies, and advertisements, that titillate, corrupt, and destroy, health family units.

Example: www.youtube.com...

I didn't embed because it is, admittedly, over the top, but we sexualizing our children. We are the corruptors. We are not allowing our children to be children.

Adults need to stop molding and conditioning children into what they think they should be. Let them be who and what they are, until they are mature enough to deal with the decisions and outcomes. Love them, protect them, guide them. Prepare them. The world is going to be difficult enough for them to navigate without their parents loading them down with a bunch of unnecessary baggage.

My question is why is this even happening, and why are so many parents going along with it?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Why do trans threads attract the same usual suspects time after time after time. Like flies hovering around a dog turd.

Why does everyone need a parade? I finished putting the molding on my screened in porch, should that warrant my demanding a ticker tape parade?

You have absolutely no idea what a gay pride march represents. You are ignorant and also childish. No one forces you to celebrate or watch it so stop acting like a delicate little flower petal and stop whining.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

You Sir, are bang on point. However there is one defining piece of information I have yet to uncover... Does 'he' have a penis? If yes, then rightfully use the boy's bathroom. If not, then he should use the disabled bathroom, as I'm sure it would be fitting if unoccupied of course. Of course the other boy's will be ok with it. If he has a penis, fine. If he has a vagina, why wouldnt a 'heterosexual male gender identifying humanoid' not wan't a bit of poontang in the watershed?.. Crazy world we live in.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

As per your last question, I've tried to figure that one out myself. Can it be that all these people are trolling online and the whole thing is just kinda made up? Maybe people just say things because there is an argument going on. I think people are sacrificing their kids because they think the politics are a fun kind of game. They might also get off on accesorising children as a power form, the next closest they will get to controlling a person for themselves. The children just get to be the political non human entity talk piece in the equasion. It's blatantly sick.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
Why do trans threads attract the same usual suspects time after time after time. Like flies hovering around a dog turd.

Why does everyone need a parade? I finished putting the molding on my screened in porch, should that warrant my demanding a ticker tape parade?

You have absolutely no idea what a gay pride march represents. You are ignorant and also childish. No one forces you to celebrate or watch it so stop acting like a delicate little flower petal and stop whining.

See, there is this new example of social justice warriors calling people "whiny" and delicate, because after all its strong language, and they've heard it in reference to themselves, maybe it'll work the other way around. I know some people were bound to try this...but let me just let you know...it "don't sound quite right.."

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The are taking their cues from TV shows, movies, and advertisements, that titillate, corrupt, and destroy, health family units.

So you really think this leads to corruption? Have you any statistics to support that or are you using your own feelings as facts.

Personally I think you are talking twaddle.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Adults need to stop molding and conditioning children into what they think they should be. Let them be who and what they are, until they are mature enough to deal with the decisions and outcomes. Love them, protect them, guide them. Prepare them. The world is going to be difficult enough for them to navigate without their parents loading them down with a bunch of unnecessary baggage.

My question is why is this even happening, and why are so many parents going along with it?

This is why.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Circular arguments never worked on me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join