It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of transgender student urges SC school district to update bathroom policy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Nm too much
edit on 27-4-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
a reply to: breakingbs

Circular arguments never worked on me.

That's great! Me neither...

edit on 27-4-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I teach a girl who's much younger brother tried to cut his penis off. Parents now allow him to be who he wants to be, dress how he wants to dress etc. SHE is much happier and isn't hurting anyone. Other students have no idea. This is not common knowledge in the town and it's not an issue discussed in our local media.

Incidentally in my school all toilets are separate and situated on corridors all over the building so it's all completely private and enclosed. No issues at all.

I feel incredibly sad that there are still people with views like the ones posted in this thread but it is what it is.
edit on 2742016 by Scallywwagg because: typo

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Annee

Its only after Trans Students came out publicly demanding to be treated with respect - - - that it became an issue.

Yes, this. Except I think you are thinking those that came out and demanded respect as you say, are heroes. I see them as attention seekers. You were fine before this, why not just be fine? Why does everyone need a parade?

They should just keep saying "yessir master".

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You dropped this;

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

You dropped this;

Not sure what that means.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Its only after Trans Students came out publicly demanding to be treated with respect - - - that it became an issue.

Yes, this. Except I think you are thinking those that came out and demanded respect as you say, are heroes. I see them as attention seekers. You were fine before this, why not just be fine? Why does everyone need a parade?

Yea, you are right. Might as well dress up pretty, prance around then get angry when someone notices. that seems to work much better. besides, sacrificing a few kids for the cause is acceptable losses right?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It's a strawman.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well, obviously SOMEONE wasn't okay with it. So, what exactly is your argument? Because someone made a choice to identify as something, their need for a safe space supersedes anyone else's? Also, the only only reason he didn't get to graduate with his class is because his mother pulled him out of school.
So, let's be clear. Someone complains about someone using the wrong bathroom, and he'd rather leave school than comply? Nevermind that he got away with it for however long, he can't be bothered to use the other restroom for less than a year? Seriously? This kid sucks. He's going to go through the rest of his life having people adjust themselves based on his precious needs. I hope the baby boomers are proud of the crap generation they've produced.
I don't care if someone who identifies as whatever uses whatever bathroom they like. I think we should all just use port-o-johns. No one seems to mind who uses those.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Who are you to determine someone's response to that as valid or not?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Who are you to determine someone's response to that as valid or not?

About the same as everyone reacting to the university students getting upset over the chalking of "Trump 2016". Do you think their response was valid?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Fair point. Which one should be allowed to use the bathroom with my daughter unsupervised? Both, according to you. Maybe your solution is that I supervise? Should I go to the bathroom with my daughter every time until she's 18? Clearly, you're making the rules here.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This just means no one in Administration knew about this issue until someone wanted to make it official. Just because you want to be a boy doesn't make it so. If wishing worked like that I would be 30 years younger.

No, the issue here is that it's onl a problem for the wardped minds of ignorant "Christians" and Republican crazies who seem determined to force their views onto the rest of society while the rest of society has been moving on nicely and without any issues.

I find it funny that those who scream about this all being to "prevent sexual assaults" (while there have actually been NONE) suddenly change their minds about their motivations when the narrative doesn't suit their excuse.

You've basically just proven that this has f-all to do with "safety", it's not at all to do with "protecting" anyone, it's entirely about people like you wanting to inflict your religious, ignorant, moralistic views onto others, for nothing more than a desperate craving to place yourself above them.

You ARE NO BETTER than anyone else, and don't be thinking you are. You are not more deserving of rights, you are not more deserving of equal treatment, you are not more deserving of fairness, you are not superior to ANYONE.

This kid just wanted to use the god damned toilets, and people like you are ranting and screaming about how they simply don't deserve that right, for nothing more than an insane and desperate desire to control others and give yourself some sense of superiority.

In reality, of course, those who try to control others to place themselves above them are the weakest in our societies, the most insecure, the most pathetic.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

How about you just stop stressing about it until you can produce a case where a pervert actually dressed up as a lady JUST so they can enter the women's bathroom and prey on little girls? Hell, how about telling me what is stopping them from doing that now?

PS: The case in the OP is about a transgender BOY being denied access to the boy's room.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Fair point. I don't know, or necessarily understand why my validation would matter. I suppose it would depend. If there was already a rule in place about people being allowed to use chalk on the sidewalks, then yes. If not, then no.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not to mention men attacking young boys in the public men's restroom, which DOES actually happen? Where's the outrage there?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Well, obviously SOMEONE wasn't okay with it. So, what exactly is your argument? Because someone made a choice to identify as something, their need for a safe space supersedes anyone else's?

Yes, because the "anyone else" is not at risk here at all.
This is what you guys don't seem to be able to get through your thick skulls.
There has not been ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE of any transgender person ever attacking, assaulting or threatening someone else in a rest room. Not one.
There have been however plenty of examples of transgender people being abused, attacked, assaulted, raped, and even murdered.

So, if you want to claim that your precious child is somehow more at risk from transgender people using a cubicle near them, while transgender people are apparently at no risk at all from using a rest room that doesn't match their perceived gender, you are clearly too blinded by ignorance and stupidity to be able to have any kind of sensible debate about this issue.

You claim this is about the safety of young people, while actively putting young people are severe risk through your own ignorance and bigotry, that is disgusting.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Lol we both know this whole, "perverts in dresses creeping in the girl's bathroom" shtick is just a ruse to hide behind intolerance spawned by ignorance. Some may actually believe that line, but they are the gullible ones just being duped by the haters.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: bender151

How about you just stop stressing about it until you can produce a case where a pervert actually dressed up as a lady JUST so they can enter the women's bathroom and prey on little girls? Hell, how about telling me what is stopping them from doing that now?

PS: The case in the OP is about a transgender BOY being denied access to the boy's room.

They can't produce that, because it hasn't happened.
We can, however, produce plenty of examples of REPUBLICANS AND CHRISTIANS abusing young people, perving on others in rest rooms, being arrested and charged for sexual crimes against others.

If these crazies supporting these bills were doing so for anything other than insane ignorance and bigotry, these bills would be outlawing all Christians and Republicans from using rest rooms of any kind - because they have both been proven to be MORE OF A THREAT to young people than transgender people.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yea, you are right. Might as well dress up pretty, prance around then get angry when someone notices. that seems to work much better. besides, sacrificing a few kids for the cause is acceptable losses right?

Are you currently writing a bill banning all Christians from rest rooms?
How about banning all Republicans from toilets?

Both of these groups are statistically more dangerous than transgender people.

Let me guess, that doesn't matter to you, right?

You refused to confront this issue in the last thread, but it clearly hasn't made you think any more logically about your own disgusting ignorance in this debate.
Instead of confronting this fact you ran away like a coward.

How about now?
How about you tell us how you would ban all Republican politicians from bathrooms seeing as those friends of yours are more interested in fiddling with kids than any transgender person?
edit on 28-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join