It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of transgender student urges SC school district to update bathroom policy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

What do you have to say about men who molest boys in the men's room? Do you think it never happens? What do we do about it? What new law should we pass to stop it?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Completely different. Your talking an entire race of people suffering with extreme racism. To a minor inconvenience.

However, I should not expect an actual response that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LaWnOrDeR92

The problem lies not in someone who will use the policy for benevolent reasons but those who will do so for nefarious ones.

Do you honestly believe that relegating some people to two genital specific areas - both completely open to the general public - is going to prevent certain other people from doing bad things?

Everybody just pee in the right box - and you'll be safe from predators?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

However, I should not expect an actual response that makes sense.

Maybe there was something wrong with the question:

My question is, how did all these transgender people get by before now. Why all the sudden the world must change to help people in this manner.

We should treat each other right. All people, not just some people

Some people...

This isn't about accommodation. This isn't about special snowflakes. Not unless you mean the special snowflakes that think that because they are what they've decided is good and normal and right that the world should do everything their way - forever

To be fair BlackProject - this is new territory for a lot of people. Maybe even most people. I get that

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Maybe there was something wrong with the question:

Some people...

This isn't about accommodation. This isn't about special snowflakes. Not unless you mean the special snowflakes that think that because they are what they've decided is good and normal and right that the world should do everything their way - forever

To be fair BlackProject - this is new territory for a lot of people. Maybe even most people. I get that

The point is, if a boy/man feels they wish to portray there inner feelings to be a girl/women then obviously they should go ahead and just live their lives how they wish to live them. I have no interest in others lives, just like most people these days cannot help but get involved in others lives, a form of gossip.

Most people only receive grief once they start shouting from the rooftops about it. Most transgender boys-to-girls and girls-to-boys you could not tell the difference anyway, so they should just get on with whichever gender they are portraying. Nothing needs to be done.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The point is, if a boy/man feels they wish to portray there inner feelings to be a girl/women then obviously they should go ahead and just live their lives how they wish to live them.

Does that include being able to live their lives as the gender they identify with - by using the right restroom for them?

I don't pretend to not understand that some people can't fully grasp what this is all about. When I say that BlackProject - I don't mean it as an insult. This isn't something people understand - by and large - yet. Hopefully one day we will. It's not going to happen if we insist that things carry on forever just as they always have

People are not simply this or simply that. This is something we've always known, and there are different cultures around the world that have accepted this - embraced it even. But not our culture - especially not in this country

Most people only receive grief once they start shouting from the rooftops about it. Most transgender boys-to-girls and girls-to-boys you could not tell the difference anyway, so they should just get on with whichever gender they are portraying. Nothing needs to be done.

So, if people weren't so uppity - if they just stay in the background and not keep asking for things they're not entitled to - everyone will just leave them alone?

In a culture that seems to value individual rights above all other rights - why is it one group thinks that as a group they have the right to step on individual rights?

Back to the OP. Everything was fine - until one person decided to make an issue out of it. It was a teacher that decided that something that had been fine up to that point was no longer OK

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
a reply to: Phage

Completely different. Your talking an entire race of people suffering with extreme racism. To a minor inconvenience.

Minor inconvenience?

How about you go home to pee, and not in a public restroom.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

A toilet serves two purposes.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

A toilet serves two purposes.

Like what?

Its for human waste to prevent a health issue.

It is not a private sanctuary.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Unless your living in a country where the toilet does not have a door, then its as private as its going to be. The only problem that could occur, is unless the actual toilet was in the middle of the room and everyone used it.

One of the main situations here, is not the problem of normal public needs, this is school life and therefore shows how sending young children to a public school only destroys their psychological thoughts. Public schools are the problem to most of our generation of lost children, it is only until a child goes to school does it suffer abuse and confusion over life choices.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: RedDragon

Oh I got his point allright. He ignored the science that has been presented to him many times on ATS. Apparently he thinks it's impossible for someone to be born with a mind that reflects the gender opposite it's sex. It's a real phenomenon.

Can you explain why these people;s rights take precedence over everyone else's?
Can you explain why your rights take precedence over anyone else's? A transgendered person using the same restroom I do does not infringe on my rights.

Can you explain what horrific things might occur of a child who identifies as other, goes to the bathroom of their biological gender? I really do get that they feel differently, but it's a freaking bathroom. If I am on a golf course and we come up to a bathroom out on the course and it has both mens and womens, and we have been drinking beers and have to pee, I might go into the womens room while my friend goes into the mens. Somehow I get through this without mental scarring. How is that possible?

It' s nice that you want to champion this, but some aspects of it just don't make sense on the (this is nuts) meter.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Do you have a daughter? Start sending her to the men's room all the time from here on out, if it doesn't matter...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Can you explain what horrific things might occur of a child who identifies as other, goes to the bathroom of their biological gender? I really do get that they feel differently, but it's a freaking bathroom.

Why don't you just paint a Big Red T (for trans) on the forehead of the 6 year old m/f trans child?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Do you have a daughter? Start sending her to the men's room all the time from here on out, if it doesn't matter...

I do, two. One is 30 and the other is 25. the 25 year old identifies as Bisexual with an emphasis on women. She is free to choose whatever bathroom she wishes.

but regardless of any of that, please explain what horrible things might happen is a kid with a penis goes into the mens room and pisses in a urinal? (even if he thinks he is a girl) Does he suddenly loose the ability to pee standing up? Is the sight of his junk offensive? Please help me understand why he would not be able to use the restroom associated with his biology.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Can you explain what horrific things might occur of a child who identifies as other, goes to the bathroom of their biological gender? I really do get that they feel differently, but it's a freaking bathroom.

Why don't you just paint a Big Red T (for trans) on the forehead of the 6 year old m/f trans child?

Why? Does the transgender kid need attention for his choices? Is that what all this is about?

Damn, I thought everyone wanted to be treated equal. What a mistake I have made here.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Wait, that's not fair. Is the child in question wearing a dress, have long hair and makeup, but is a boy behind the skirt? In that case, the child might be best to use the girls room and just sit down to pee. And in that case, unless he pranced around showing off his wiener, it's likely nobody would know any different.

Again, is it attention these kids are seeking?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I saw a cool thing recently at a resort...they had a "family restroom" ...perfect for parents, but also a heads up that both sexes could use that bathroom, problem solved, since they also had men and women's restrooms too.

In schools having a few single bathrooms should be sufficient, if a transgender student doesn't feel this goes far enough to accommodate them, they have bigger problems then just being transgender , they lack sensitivity and awareness of others that might be uncomfortable with sharing a bathroom with the opposite sex.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

And in that case, unless he pranced around showing off his wiener, it's likely nobody would know any different.
Yes. Which makes a law requiring him to use men's room is nothing but phobic.

No. It is to be regarded as one of the gender with which they identify. And it isn't just kids, btw.

edit on 4/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

And when your daughters were 6 or 7? Would you force them to go to the men's room? What if they told you they were scared to go to the men's room? Would you continue to force them?

Can YOU explain what horrible things would happen if a trans kid used the bathroom of their identified gender?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And in that case, unless he pranced around showing off his wiener, it's likely nobody would know any different.
Yes. Which makes a law requiring him to use men's room is nothing but phobic.

No. It is to be regarded as one of the gender with which they identify. And it isn't just kids, btw.

Regardless of the law, if this child was dressed like a girl, looked like a girl, then go to the ladies room. If you look like a boy, go to the mens room.

We don't have a law stating you need to breath in before you breath out, but somehow, folks get by.

I just don't see what problems there might be if a kid (or full grown man) who looks like a man, goes into the mens room. (even if they feel like a woman or girl )

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join