It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather Watch 2005

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by arc_mar

Also in places where the killer tsunami stuckin tamilnadu, the sealevels are once again rising haphazardly and actully innundated around 30 villages last week

Talk about crazy weather

?
? Is this something that happens periodically? or is this abnormal?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Since this is the first tsunami to strike tamilnadu"s coast we dont know whether its a peiodical occurence.But people are really scared and the local scientists dont have a clue .

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The weathermen, they get a lot of crap behind their backs. Sometimes all they can do is explain why such and such happened instead of what was predicted.

Troy

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
new member here and am concerned with the drastic weather change and increase of volcanic activity on our planet-i would like to keep track of the eruption of last year and this year -as well as- the locations-- i believe there is a relationship here that needs to be watched-- weather here in deep east texas has been changing in the last years i've been hear--our rain season has shifted to march april instead of jan feeb- the heat is starting in late april early may of over 90 degree yet we have also had snow/ice storms in may with near freeze temps as well--the time of heat has increased by about 3 months in the last 23 years--according to my records of my farm and research center--
please forgive the miss spelling etc but i write like i talk for content not grammer since i am on personal time not professional thanks temperance(nic name)

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If the wunderground.com report for station KIND was correct we had our first 90 degree day in 21 months which ends a record streak. Haven't had one since August of 2003. But I can't complain about 90. I've seen mid to upper 90's and even a hundred since I've lived here. The days of 95+ seem a distant memory. Not that I'm complaining.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
In Florida we havent had any wierdweather, but the pattern reminds me a lot of the pattern we had in '99, the year that Floyd and Irene got a piece of Florida and Bret came ashore as a cat 4 in a desolate part of Texas. This makes me expect another active 'cane season and everyone from Texas to North Carolina will likely get some action.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I've seen the argument before. What people are describing may be normal in the overall scheme, maybe. But it is definitely abnormal in a relative sense. If you simply explain it away and shrug your shoulders, and walk away, you might miss the oncoming disaster.

Troy

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well, as I have stated before, the weather here in Missouri has been far from normal the past year. Yesterday it started feeling normal again with the 90 degree temps (with the humidity it was 10 degrees warmer). When you walk out and get soaked because of the humidity, you know there is a storm comming and its going to get pretty nasty. However last nights storm was hardly normal. I have grown up watching storms here, last nights was totaly bizar. Not only did it look freaky, when it hit us we had our first taste of a huricane. 90 mile an hour winds ripped through for a good 10 minutes. 60-70 mph winds are normal for a storm, not 90 unless you are near a twister.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
We've got thunderstormy dark clouds coming around in Virginia the past 2 days. There's nothing really crazy though. We must be in the "fairly normal" area of the country.

Troy

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
North of Toronto got hit by a severe storm yesterday. Aprrox 151 mm (6inches) of rain in just 90 minutes!

There was hail the size of grapes, and a few funnel cloud sightings reported.
I was inside a restaraunt when it started coming down hard, and within moments the parking lots and roads were lakes and rivers. I haven't seen anything like it in a looong time.

There was flooding all over the city, and power outages all over, not to mention lots of roads were washing out. It was nuts. And an umbrella offered me no safety lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well... last night we had rain and winds up 60 mph. Tonight and through out the weekend were supposed to have server weather, and tornadoes. Which isn't anything new for our area. Let me just say the one thing I hate about Oklahoma is the wind. It never stops. The wind blows about 20 mph all the time.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Checking in from New Jersey here, we have now completed our 2nd week in a row of above normal temperatures, most days topping out from 88-95 degrees. Normal for this time of year is mid to upper 70's. The forecast for next week? More of the same...Hot and Humid. And Seasonally speaking, we had almost no spring, most of the springtime days (calendar wise) were only in the 40's instead of the normal 50's and 60's.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I forgot to post the temperatures here... are about 90-95. Which isn't unsual here. Most of the time during the summer its about 100-102. So.. I'm not complaining yet.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yesterday is was 95 with a heat index of 105 and today it is 52. Can we say brrrr Yesterday I wanted an air conditioner and today I want to turn on the heat

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
Yesterday is was 95 with a heat index of 105 and today it is 52. Can we say brrrr Yesterday I wanted an air conditioner and today I want to turn on the heat

Where are you located just me?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm out on the Eastern End of Long Island NY --

Bet you thought it was Maine I was talking about didn't you with that last temperature

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
That's sounds possibly nuts, 102 to 52. Have you ever seen that in your area before?

I remember here in Virginia, in the summer, some years ago. We had a drought going on, hot and all that, then there was that drizzly day in the 50s.

In my part of Virginia we have a lack of extreme weather at the moment.

Troy

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
I'm out on the Eastern End of Long Island NY --

Bet you thought it was Maine I was talking about didn't you with that last temperature

Ayuh, sounds exactly like the week past here.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, It seems that we finally have an answer to the wierd wether that's been happening over the past 2 decades or so... Global Warming!!!

While there have been so many who over the years have denied this environmental effect, it has now finally become the true accepted theory in the scientific community. Check out these articles:
www.usatoday.com...

www.findarticles.com...

While I am glad that the Global Warming trend is finally receiving the recognition that it always should have (I've been a supporting voice of the theory for almost 20 years), I am anxious to see what will actually be done with the information now that an agreement has been reached on the validity of the theory.

Who knows, maybe we're moving towards an Ice Age and nobody wants to admit it yet... ; - )

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join