It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather Watch 2005

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
To add to the news that strange tornados have killed people in Bangladesh, Wollongong NSW Australia has been issued with cyclone warnings today.
I lived in Wollongong most of my life and spoke to my father this evening who said that it was the weirdest weather he had ever experienced in his life, which he has always lived there. Wollongong is southern temperate zone and apparently from what he said the rain is coming in from the East. This has barely ever happened in recent history. Wollongong is situated on the east coast of Australia between the mountains and the sea. The rain as far as I have ever known always comes in from the west. I have never ever seen rain coming in from the east before.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I don't have much time right now but last night produced the most extreme weather of which I've ever been a witness. I live in Austin, TX. There was no weather report that indicated the chaos that was soon to erupt. Winds approached that made it difficult to stand vertically. All of a sudden rain started coming down like there's no tomorrow (Day After Tomorrow). Hail the size of marbles soon followed. Then, that hail turned into the size of golf balls. My car is completely dented from the massive amount of hail. The power went out for SEVEN hours! My fish nearly died in my aquariums. They were gasping for their last breath as the power came back on at 3:30am. The storm lasted a very long time with huge hail beating on the rooftop for over 20 minutes non-stop. I'm surprised they didn't puncture a hole in the roof. Hail piled up to three feet in some places of my courtyard. My courtyard was flooded in a matter of minutes with water and hail. I've never seen anything like this in all of my years of living...let alone in Texas. This weather was NOT normal. Period. It's scared the crap out of me and I seriously feared for my safety and my family's (a bunch of animals/fish) safety.

Sorry for the rushed post. I'm still freaking out about this incident.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
I don't have much time right now but last night produced the most extreme weather of which I've ever been a witness. I live in Austin, TX. There was no weather report that indicated the chaos that was soon to erupt. Winds approached that made it difficult to stand vertically. All of a sudden rain started coming down like there's no tomorrow (Day After Tomorrow). Hail the size of marbles soon followed. Then, that hail turned into the size of golf balls. My car is completely dented from the massive amount of hail. The power went out for SEVEN hours! My fish nearly died in my aquariums. They were gasping for their last breath as the power came back on at 3:30am. The storm lasted a very long time with huge hail beating on the rooftop for over 20 minutes non-stop. I'm surprised they didn't puncture a hole in the roof. Hail piled up to three feet in some places of my courtyard. My courtyard was flooded in a matter of minutes with water and hail. I've never seen anything like this in all of my years of living...let alone in Texas. This weather was NOT normal. Period. It's scared the crap out of me and I seriously feared for my safety and my family's (a bunch of animals/fish) safety.

Sorry for the rushed post. I'm still freaking out about this incident.

Wow - hope your all ok over there

Might wanna check this out...

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Nobody in the mainstream media or the halls of government want to talk about what we're seeing, but that doesn't change the fact that it's happening.

Don't rely on the government to protect you. Protect yourself.

Be aware of the weather patterns and act accordingly. There's no need to run around the neighborhood screaming that the sky is falling, you're better off just saving yourself if some really bizarre stuff happens.

Seriously, don't rely on others, rely on yourself.

And as a side note, I would be extremely suspicious of any evacuation orders coming in. I personally wouldn't get in the back of their trucks, but maybe that's just me ( I live in America).

Better to stay under the radar and look out for yourself and your family. Let them cart the other poor suckers off to the concentration camps. You have a better chance of survival remaining free than you do if you're stuck behind their fences.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Crap, that sounds like a really bad hail storm. I guess make sure you are near shelter of some sort when you are out. That type of storm could literally beat you to death.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by cybertroy]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Had us alot of hail/thundershowers today.
The space needle in seattle even got hit today by lightning.

link

Here's a video clip of it. (not sure but might have to register @ king5)

mod edit to reduce size of link which was too wide for the page

[edit on 30-4-2005 by pantha]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Very windy tonight and cold at 32 F in Virginia. I guess the wind is a good thing, otherwise a frost might form.

Troy

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

storms kill 18 in China

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050410/ap_on_re_us/colorado_blizzard
Blizzard in Colorado

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Tornado in Eastern China Kills Seven, Injures at Least 80

BEIJING (AP) - A tornado tore apart houses in two towns in eastern China, killing seven people and injuring more than 80 others, a news report said Thursday.
The tornados hit two counties on the outskirts of Yancheng, a city in Jiangsu province northwest of Shanghai, on Wednesday afternoon, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

don't know if tornadoes in China is a common occurrence or not?

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
How about a low of 31 C in Southwestern part of Virginia, forecasted on Saturday. High of 44 on Sunday with some rain and snow showers, low of 33.

My question is, how often has this happened at the end of March for this part of the US?

Troy

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
IN THE MIDDLE OF APRIL!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It was cold, today wasn't all that warm either. I think the record low was in 1933, we didn't break the record, but we were close. I guess the question is, has there been such a wide variety of odd weather in so many areas in the past?

Troy

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
again changes of temperature in london within a few days. we had great days, hot, last week and then again we have low temp. i had my big jacket again.
weird

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here in Florida, it's been jacket weather...IN APRIL!

Starting to get our regular clockwork thunderstorms though...

Whomever called this the "sunshine" state, really was a sarcastic bastard, hehe.....

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It's still on the chilly side here, but it's not as cold as the weekend. I can remember recent springs, where it started out pretty freakin' warm, felt like summer. I guess Spring will finally break on through and stay not too long from now?

Troy

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Today they say it is going to be 69 in Fairbanks Alaska and 66 in Anchorage Alaska -- It's going to be 56 in NY and Los Angeles in California is only going to 65 today. I would say that qualifies as weird weather. Do we have any Alaska board members who can say if this is a record or not?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Don't know if this constitutes as strange, but I live in florida and have for 20 years. We are still having nights in the upper 40's (not usuall around here), and last night we had thunderstorms with 70mph winds and 1.5in hail. Also thought I heard about some sort of big change to the El Nino 'effect'?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
We still have this chilly weather hanging around. I think it was down in the upper 30s again last night. Not sure how odd this is? When is the last frost in let's say Southwest Virginia (for you gardeners)?

Is the weather just in a bit of chaos or is there some kind of orderly shift going on? You have some areas above normal temps, some are below normal temps.

Troy

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hailstones the size of tennis balls have caused a massive damage bill on Australia's New South Wales South Coast. Ulladulla which is a sleepy seaside tourist town was taken unawares by the hail storm with one car dealer alone reporting a damage bill of over 80,000 dollars.

The storm smashed windows, tore holes through tiles and rooves along with uprooting trees and other debris.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Over 30 people have drowned in high winds and torrential rain in Saudi Arabia over the past four days. Flash flooding has swept cars off roads around Jeddah. Meteorologists in the area are saying it is the worst storms in over a decade.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join