It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather Watch 2005

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Looks like our temperatures will be dropping again here in Southwest Virginia. That's closer to normal. At least the warm days didn't get too crazy. I am a man of seasons, if it's winter then I want it to be cold, and I want snow. If it's summer I don't want 50 degree days.

Troy

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well here we are not even half way through Feb. and our temps are above normal again. No that is not very strange for us we are above one day and below the next. Gotta love Missouri weather. What is odd is we are under a flood watch!....Mid Feb and a flood watch already!! It is so soggy here! I have lived in this town my entire life and I have never seen it so darn SOGGY! Last summer it never got hot and it never stopped raining. Almost a year later and we are still waiting for it to stop raining. Seriously, it is not just water in the curbs anymore it's MUD. It has washed away so much top soil that there are dips, lumps and holes all over my yard. By the time spring is here we are going to be totaly flooded. I was just telling my husband if the contitions were ever perfect for a 100 or 500 year flood, it would be this year. My house is only 4 years old, it was build on farm land that was never touched. The point is our ground is mostly hard, nasty clay. Our house is sinking! Normaly if your house is built on this stuff it will sink about as much as a house built on a rock. Never less, there is an inch, inch and a half vertical gap between our driveway and house. That is just since last spring.
I REALY WISH IT WOULD STOP RAINING, unfortunatly, the weather men dont see it stopping but for a day or two before it starts again.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
nothing too amazing , except we just experienced a thunderstorm here in London (north London) UK earlier this evening.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It's a bit calm and rainy. Chilly temps, nothing crazy. I long for some snow.

Troy

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well here in Swansea ( Wales ) We had some snow yesterday and it is bitterly cold today but sun is out and clear blue skies!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Supposed to be in the 60s tommorrow, here in the southwestern part of Virginia. It's 48 degrees F tonight. I this keeps up like this we could have things sprouting a month before spring actually starts. Then it could be destroyed by freezing temperatures.

Troy

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Virgin post here, my cherry has been dissipated. Long time lurker, however, and YES the weather is A bit strange. Had never seen it rain like this in Southern Cali in December 2004, in all my years here. Seems the past three days it's outdoing itself, got the thunder and lightning going even, haven't seen that in over twenty years. And here again in mid-Feb some serious serious downpoars. Steve Quayles' site did suggest this traumatic weather. Also, mind you it was near 90 last month. I will figure out all of the bells and whistles on this ATS site. But just wanted to add my two floating cents.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I lived in LA for a while. It was mostly dry. Seems like there was more rain in the winter though. I cann't say that I remember tons of rain. I didn't live there long, so I don't know what was normal. I just know it was dry dry dry.

Troy

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hey cybertroy.. yes same here that is what I know what you just posted.

However, in December it rained for 11 days straight.. and again now since Wednesday (today is Sunday) it has not stopped raining.. ranges from drizzle to stuff I haven't seen since hail (but it is rain) heavy and hard ..

thanks.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Guess it has me excited enough to post.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
LA is famous for hot and sunny. That's all they have, except maybe 1-3 days of rain in the average year. This year they've had a ridiculous amount. There is a huge, hurricane shaped cloud formation that is just sitting all over their state. I left California because I couldn't stand to be without the seasons, without the rain especially.

For them to have this amount of rain is very strange indeed. I mean, it has happened in their history, that's why they built the giant drainage canals, to handle the overflow in times like this. The real problem though is the houses in the hills, they're mostly built on stilts and mudslides make stilts go bye bye.

The Hollywood hills are not the place to be right now, that's for sure. The valley is, for once, alright. When it rains like this, the smog isn't so bad, you can almost breathe the air. The valley dwellers can take a cerveza out on their balcony and watch multi million dollar houses come crashing down the hills one after another, like mad, tumbling car wrecks in the night.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Last night was extremely windy and snowy here last night. The wind was howling. it was actually kind of nice, as I haven't seen it that strong all year.

SMR

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Interestingly..........
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service
TORNADO WATCH IN EFFECT IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY

...ORANGE COUNTY COASTAL AREAS- SAN DIEGO COUNTY COASTAL AREAS- SAN BERNARDINO AND RIVERSIDE COUNTY VALLEYS-THE INLAND EMPIRE- SAN DIEGO COUNTY VALLEYS-

230 PM PST TUE FEB 22 2005

... A TORNADO WATCH CONINUES FOR COASTAL AREAS OF SOUTHWEST CALIFORNIA AND THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS UNTIL 6 PM TODAY...

THIS TORNADO WATCH INCLUDES ORANGE COUNTY... THE INLAND EMPIRE... THE COAST AND VALLEYS OF SAN DIEGO COUNTY... AND THE ORANGE AND SAN DIEGO COUNTY COASTAL WATERS. THIS WATCH ALSO INCLUDES PORTIONS OF LOS ANGELES... VENTURA... AND SANTA BARBARA COUNTIES AND THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

AS OF 230 PM... NO TORNADOES OR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN REPORTED. HOWEVER... CONDITIONS REMAIN FAVORABLE THROUGH THE REMAINDER OF THE AFTERNOON FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS AND TORNADOES. AREAS PARTICULARLY AT RISK ARE THE COASTAL AREAS OF SAN DIEGO AND ORANGE COUNTY.

IF YOU SEE A TORNADO... OR IF A WARNING IS ISSUED... SEEK SHELTER ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF THE BUILDING IN AN INTERIOR HALLWAY OR ROOM SUCH AS A CLOSET. USE BLANKETS OR PILLOWS TO COVER YOUR BODY AND ALWAYS STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS.

IF IN MOBILE HOMES OR VEHICLES... EVACUATE THEM AND GET INSIDE A SUBSTANTIAL SHELTER. IF NO SHELTER IS AVAILABLE... LIE FLAT IN THE NEAREST DITCH OR OTHER LOW SPOT AND COVER YOUR HEAD WITH YOUR HANDS.

Entire south west coast is showing tonado watch www.wrh.noaa.gov...
One touched down not to long ago in FallBrook.
The weather is getting very odd this year.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Just thought i'd throw in this valley- Its been a record setter for rain so far in recorded history. Now we have a tornado warning, and parts of the west valley got tons of dime size hail.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Interestingly..........
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service
TORNADO WATCH IN EFFECT IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY

...ORANGE COUNTY COASTAL AREAS- SAN DIEGO COUNTY COASTAL AREAS- SAN BERNARDINO AND RIVERSIDE COUNTY VALLEYS-THE INLAND EMPIRE- SAN DIEGO COUNTY VALLEYS-

230 PM PST TUE FEB 22 2005

... A TORNADO WATCH CONINUES FOR COASTAL AREAS OF SOUTHWEST CALIFORNIA AND THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS UNTIL 6 PM TODAY...

THIS TORNADO WATCH INCLUDES ORANGE COUNTY... THE INLAND EMPIRE... THE COAST AND VALLEYS OF SAN DIEGO COUNTY... AND THE ORANGE AND SAN DIEGO COUNTY COASTAL WATERS. THIS WATCH ALSO INCLUDES PORTIONS OF LOS ANGELES... VENTURA... AND SANTA BARBARA COUNTIES AND THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

AS OF 230 PM... NO TORNADOES OR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN REPORTED. HOWEVER... CONDITIONS REMAIN FAVORABLE THROUGH THE REMAINDER OF THE AFTERNOON FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS AND TORNADOES. AREAS PARTICULARLY AT RISK ARE THE COASTAL AREAS OF SAN DIEGO AND ORANGE COUNTY.

IF YOU SEE A TORNADO... OR IF A WARNING IS ISSUED... SEEK SHELTER ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF THE BUILDING IN AN INTERIOR HALLWAY OR ROOM SUCH AS A CLOSET. USE BLANKETS OR PILLOWS TO COVER YOUR BODY AND ALWAYS STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS.

IF IN MOBILE HOMES OR VEHICLES... EVACUATE THEM AND GET INSIDE A SUBSTANTIAL SHELTER. IF NO SHELTER IS AVAILABLE... LIE FLAT IN THE NEAREST DITCH OR OTHER LOW SPOT AND COVER YOUR HEAD WITH YOUR HANDS.

Entire south west coast is showing tonado watch www.wrh.noaa.gov...
One touched down not to long ago in FallBrook.
The weather is getting very odd this year.

well, i'm in the inland empire and no tornados so far

SMR

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Not in the clear yet....
Last map update: Feb, 22nd 2005 at 8:57:46 pm PST
YELLOW INDICATES TORNADO WATCH

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yeah I allmost forgot what rain was when I was in LA. Seeing rain on the windows of the Greyhound bus was a welcome site on the way home to Virginia. But apparently there is a surplus of rain in Cali at the moment. I wonder if a rain system like this could carry over into the spring and summer seasons in LA. (by the way, don't take a Greyhound from California to Virginia, with no sleapovers. My ass was sore for days.)

Troy

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
todays weather forcast jugement day with a 75% chance of raining sulfer

SMR

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Seven days straight of rain,getting old now

This is San Diego,we dont get rain like this.Mass flooding,mudslides.

A funnel cloud is seen over the Pacific Ocean
off Venice Beach in Los Angeles Tuesday morning, Feb. 22, 2005. (AP Photo/Chris Kim)

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Environmental scientist reports that global climate change has pushed night time temperatures almost 4 degrees above average in Eastern Australia. Temperature records are now breaking at the rate of almost one a month. Professor Wild says "It is a remarkable increase in temperature, quite dramatic."

Full story: news.ninemsn.com.au...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join