It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather Watch 2005

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that the jet stream over America has been broken in half for a while..almost the entire winter and some of the fall if I'm remembering correctly. I'm aware of the fact that this happens every so often..but has it ever refused to go away like this before? I'm just wondering.

The snow storm pounding the east coast as we speak is still just narrowly avoiding me.

I'm in a valley slightly north of the northern limb of that beastly storm, soo happy about that, yes I am. We don't need any more snow here.

I was kind of hoping for rain, but I think I'll have to wait till the coming week. Supposedly another huge, record setting storm getting ready to slip up through the gulf.

Brings a whole new level of sarcasm to the old phrase, "some weather we've been having lately." doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
We only got a small amount of snow, with some sleet, and some rain in SE Virginia. Winter is disappointing for a snow lover in this area. Rain is for spring and summer. Winter just hasn't had a consistency to it. Cold for a little while, warmish for a while, cold again, etc. I remember building stuff with snow when I was a kid, was there more snow around 20 - 30 years ago?

Anyone have any long term statistics for snow accumulations and frequency?

Troy

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Another week straight of rain here in Las Vegas, Nevada. That makes 3 times it has rained a week or more since December 2004.

Nevada the desert could become a swamp or a Savannah if this keeps up.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I live in Orange county, Calif.--have for 45 years..this last 2 months..ever since those tremendously larger than ever recorded in history SOLAR FLARES slammed into the earth, this has been the wieldest, wettest I have ever seen. We are gaining on that #1 all time rain recorded of 38 inches set in 1884..if we only had average rain for the rest of this season, we will break that record!!(we are at 33" so far)

I personnally think that the suns unussaul(or is it!) activity this last year is to blame for the weird weather we are all experiencing---I mean--this is not even an el nino year. Coupled with slight but growing sea tempurature rise. We have all the ingredients for disaster. The east coast of the U.S. is next on the tsunami list this year so brace yourselves- it's going to get worse-alot worse--just watch and stock-up on beer. 'Mr. toads' wild ride isn't over yet. And 'mother' earth is peeved at us. I wish Bush and the oil jerks weren't so nieve about what they are doing to the planet. This planet has ways of taking out the trash and it's all about bad carma.

Stay warm you guy's up in the north-east and move to higher ground at least 70 miles from the coast-NOW! before the summer. Please don't ask how I know. Let's just say "I have seen it!"

Later

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
hightenedawareness I feel for you and all those folks in supposly sunny California, lets just hope and pray the wheater gets back to normal before your predictions come to life!!!!

Here lately it's been normal winter weather nothing of the odd lately well not since January when we had 70 degrees weather with a fewe days of rain, I guess those events with the Sun would explaine the 70 degrees weather

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If you think of earth as a living organism as a whole, then I think earth would be pretty upset over the damage done to it. I suppose it could wipe a pile of us out trying to survive.

Troy

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Minus 43.6 Celsius in Germany (yesterday)...
Minus 40 in Norway and Sweden (last night)...
Extremely cold and lots of snow in the whole of Europe...

If this happened in January I would understand it, but now it´s March...

Record high with 16 degrees celsius on Greenland.

I say that´s weird...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's raining over the ENTIRE state of Florida right now. Has that ever happened before? There might be a small section to the south clearing, but it's dark green over 90% of the state! Radar confirms the intitial sattelite image, I'll post the links I use but any weather radar will confirm this.

www.accuweather.com...

www.weather.com...

What's the deal? I know it isn't normal, but is it so abnormal we should add it to the list of unprecedented occurences in the weather for '05? It's a big list already, and it's barely the third month.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I think Florida is gonna be in some real trouble *again come Hurricane season. Makes one think about Real Estate Investment 101, no beach front properties. Out here in Cali, Real Estate Investment 101 also applies, if you build your multi-million $ castle on a man made hill, don't be surprised when it slides down. Let alone if you built it on stilts over the beach. Wow perhaps being an insurance agent for coastal housing is the way to go in 2005

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Its been a chilly March so far here in Florida, nothing special, its just getting annoying that I havent been able to wear trunks and no shirt yet this year, and I think we still got a few cold fronts to come through.

It looks like we have an El Nino pattern, with Southern California getting soaked and Florida getting mild temps with the severe weather. If this pattern persists there wont be much of a hurricane season because the upper level westerlies will stay south and keep the 'canes from forming. The water temps in the Pacific do not indicate an El Nino so likely this is just a short term pattern and we could be in for another active hurricane season. I live beachside dont mind the hurricanes, all I can do is hope another Andrew or Camile doesnt go through my area. Those storms were monsters and the ones we got this year, with the exception of Ivan were babies compared to them.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yep, we have been in a weak El-Nino pattern, but the Climate Prediction Center said that it is going to ending soon, and that this cold-wave pattern over the Eastern US and wet pattern in the Southwest US is more likely attributed to the Madden-Julian Oscillation....The good thing about that though is that the Madden-Julian Oscillation varies a lot more than El Nino, so this weather pattern hopefully won't last too long....I for one, am looking forward to some warm weather!!

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The weather has been a little weird in my area. I live in the desert and it has rained alot more. It is turning green. Today in Fotana, CA, a small tornado touched down. I aslo seen a huge thunderstorm. It seemed to last for hours and I enjoyed watching it.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
How is the weather in California? I haven't checked the news lately.

Troy

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Well, I dont think that I can help in this thread. Im in michigan. our weather sucks period. And it's never predictable. However, we have gotten alot of snow lately for this time of year.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
As you said, it's getting a bit weird this year.
Temp: Below 0°C
Date 28/02

Just so you know, the Nice area never have snow, or at least every 15 years or so and this year has been very cold so far!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingjules
Just so you know, the Nice area never have snow

Nice, last tuesday... :

Photo: Eric Gaillard/Reuters

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Looks odd to see snow on a beach.

Troy

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Drought causes sunken Portuguese village to reemerge

Photo: AFP/Miguel Riopa

A village which was submerged 35 years ago in northern Portugal by rising dam waters has reemerged due to the worst drought to hit the country in decades, drawing hundreds of onlookers to the remote location.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is quite a show we are witnessing. Has weather like this been recorded or is this unprecedented in recorded history, as far as so many different weather oddities going on at one time. I think snow in the summer here in Virginia would be quite something.

Troy

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Now we're looking at another category 5 cyclone nearing Australia. This is, what, the third cat 5 in 2 years? That's highly unusual. If this one turns out anything like Zoe, it will be big, and bad.

I don't know what's going on, but there isn't much room left for denial now. The margin is getting smaller and smaller, those people who believe this is normal are few and far between. How long before every person (who has access to the internet :lol
on earth realizes the unique situation we're seeing?

I don't think realizing will necessarily help, but it can't hurt. If we band together as a species I'm sure we can weather the storm, no pun intended. The trick is cooperation.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join