It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The magnanimity of Scientology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Thetan
a reply to: Blaine91555

Over 99% of Scientology is available to the general public and the remaining fraction of a percent is esoteric only because knowledge has to be taught in a logical order.

That's not true. Its more like 1% is available to the public.

If Thetan is actually a cult member, it's pointless attempting to debate anything with them, they are delusional and cannot be reasoned with.

The effort isn't for him/her.

Fair enough.
Good luck in your efforts.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

Yes. OT levels are restricted, OT levels comprise less than one percent of Scientology. To say that only one percent of Scientology( or anything approximate to that) is available to the general public is either an intentionally dishonest statement or a statement from ignorance.

Unless you have reached the state of "Clear" you're not practicing Scientology. You're practicing Dianetics.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Factually, that is also inaccurate. The Bridge has been restructured since the 70's.

Irrespective of the restructuring of the Bridge, that is inaccurate.
edit on 18-4-2016 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

Just to give two little examples. The Purification Rundown and the Survival Rundown are both part of Scientology and NOT dianetics. Those are at the very bottom of the Bridge.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I am highly suspicious of any organization that only allows you to access its deepest secrets if you fork over enough dough.

and you have to confess every bad thing you ever did??? that is a HUGE red flag!!!!

they are EVIL

lisa mcpherson www.lisamcpherson.org... they killed her...if she had been taken to the hospital 5 minutes away she could have made it,but, no they took her to a far away hospital 35 minutes away instead...t5hey starved her

they spent 30 million trying to make this story go away, but, it will always be out there...with the pics and autospy reports

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Thetan

Religions aren't as evil as some countries, Scientology isn't bombing countries back to the stone age. The only control man made religion has over people is the power their members give to it.

Not quite there with your summation, maybe it's the context, generalise about religion, then you could say there is recognisable evil within most of them. Being magnanimous though is a trait, and very singular, so much so as to be a riddle when it comes to organised religion, or just about any formal organisation for that matter. AKA you just bend things a bit when it suits...the very things that you should not do.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I was there. I remember the the imprisonment of Mary Hubbard, the murder of Quentin Hubbard, the exile of Yvonne Jentzsch

Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch

....do you?

REALLY!? Scientologist Can't Believe This!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If you are, truly, an early member of the cult, and because you are perhaps ignorant of the tactics involved, I will revise my first post and simply say that yes, Scientology has some minimal truths to it and CAN be beneficial to an "early seeker" who hasn't done any legwork on psychology or spiritual pursuits... but those minimal "truths" lead one down a dark, dark path where all is garbage.

There most certainly are occult truths about the human reality... but Hubbard knew just enough to be a dangerous, manipulative user of people (mind control is real and we are all susceptible... fact) and the group he spawned has morphed into a manipulative, bullying mafia who create far more misery than peace of mind... a "cult" in the truest, bad sense.

ALL the real "stuff" may be found online for free without the expensive baggage and controlling whackery of these guys.

It's not too hard to look inward and "be clear." You do NOT need to pay for it or have someone hold your hand through it. It is ALL obtainable, in better, truer forms, for free ... free in ALL senses, not just monetary.

Beware. Whenever you give another power over your being, you are in grave danger... no matter how innocuous or helpful it may seem at first.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

This is a Red herring, windword. You said two things that are drastically factually inaccurate.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Hi Baddogma. I respect your opinion, but just remember this. Unless you have thoroughly examined Scientology as directly as possible, you are just assuming things.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Nope. I was there. You are the liar.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

My problem is the secrecy first, since secrets always mean things are hidden. What is being hidden? Why does it need hidden?

I think they are afraid of being laughed at.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I was not talking about your second to last post, windword. It isn't worth addressing frankly. I was talking about your two previous posts before it. When you said that unless you are Clear, you aren't doing Scientology, and that less than one percent of Scientology is available to the general public. That's what I was talking about and they were both inaccurate statements.

Edit: I was, however, referring to your second to last post when I called it a "red herring."

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

HAHA!
At that time, a floating needle could get you "Clear" status. I got it, and then I left! Take that noobie!

I'm "Clear" forever!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I can tell you how I was persuaded to hand over a small fortune.

Figures are approximate to help me work out the maths correctly

Let's say $3,600 for 12 hours of intensives. So, $300 per hour?

Expensive right? Well after a session or so (which are great, btw) someone will have a little chat with you. Of course, you're enthusiastic and are already wondering how you can keep going without bankrupting yourself. 'Well' they say 'we can make it cheaper for you'. And the deal is that if you spend another $3,600 you can have another 24 hours of intensives so, altogether, you get 36 hours of intensives for $7,200 which works out at only $200 per session. So you feel as if you've somehow clawed back some of that money you already spent. You got yourself a good deal.

So you hand over more money and prepare yourself to carry on with the project. And that's when they start messing you around and making impossible for you to ever get what you paid for. And, let me stress, they'll put the blame for it on you.
edit on 18-4-2016 by berenike because: I knew I'd work out the sodding figures wrong

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You have NO idea what legwork I have done and what my connection (if any) is with them... and the fact you are making assumptions about me just because I differ with your new belief system is a red flag... you have been caught in their belief system and will be a good little drone enriching the lives of the elite.

I sincerely hope you keep that kernel of doubt that made you double check yourself with an online community, because that little voice is good, and is NOT a thetan wanting a home. It's a human brain wanting freedom of thought and expression.

This world is steeped in b.s. ... and unfortunately, scientology is not a good way to navigate it.. .it's riding a turd through the sewers. Good luck, and btw, I'll never charge you for my advice and I didn't have to take my time to tell you this stuff... religions and organized "teams" are always bad when the goal is something other than technical... humans figure out humans better alone or in small groups.

But I have few illusions ...especially about how one person on the internet may actually sway another from making a grave, costly mistake.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
~ REDACTED BY THE ORDER OF THE FNORDS~

edit on 4/18/16 by GENERAL EYES because: forget it, ain't worth it

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

oh come on!!!! Really?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's a manipulative organization, so yes, it's evil.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Well, Hubbard ripped off JPL cofounder and OTO Thelemite Jack Parsons and stole his woman after befriending him and doing "the Babylon working" with him which was a serious violation of trust.

He was a seriously deranged human being. I have read books about him and he was evil to the core.

And Scientology is a scam and that is no secret. Is it evil to charge people large amounts of money for "spiritual services" or "total freedom" even though you know it is b.s.?

And if you had a lisp and said Satan it would sound like you are saying Thetan (pronounced thay-tun). I am certain that is no accident.

The real question you should be asking is what does Scientology have on the IRS that allows them to remain a church with tax exempt statue? (Fear of litigiousness).

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Akragon

Very interesting. Did they actually say "you have issues?"

That system believes that everybody has "issues." Very similar to most religions in that we are born in sin. And then in one major religion, we can "confess" our sins and be redeem/saved/whatever.

They may mercilessly work you through your issues/sins toward becoming a real and honest person with yourself. Unfortunately, they become oppressive and may use your past failings as blackmail. But all in all, you have to ask, who makes the rules if there are no rules/ruler/god, your local high priest?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join