It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The magnanimity of Scientology

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

building any of the technology you list is NOT evil

Yes it is. Objects solely designed to kill and destroy are the evilest things used by evil men to perpetrate the evilest acts on the planet.

You bought the lie they are for 'defensive' purposes only.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

sigh - i didnt ` buy ` anything - please desist projecting your fantasies onto me

i will state again :

the mere act of creating an object - no matter what its complexity or possible use - is NOT evil

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Oh,, bulls***. A bomb is intended for evil. A jet to deliver it, the aircraft carrier to get it to the region, the pilot, taxpayer…

you pretend all you want.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

a reply to: Baddogma

Hi Baddogma. I respect your opinion, but just remember this. Unless you have thoroughly examined Scientology as directly as possible, you are just assuming things.

That is like saying, "if you haven't been in a boiling pot, cooked by cannibals, you don't know what it's like to be cooked by cannibals."

Or like saying, "if you haven't eaten dog-poop, you don't know how it tastes."

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly
a reply to: namelesss

On a side-note, it certainly takes some sort of evil "genius" to make people beliefe that grabbing two empty cans of beans that are connected to something the miniature-train lovers use for their hobby, will solve their mommy and daddy issues.

Now that you mention it, I'll bet that, if nothing else, there would at least be a placebo effect.
Ah, the fine art of spreading a 'belief infection'...

On the other hand, I did read 'Dianetics', and there were some very salient points made!
And a bit of experimentation has tentatively validated those points.
But that isn't 'Scientology'.

edit on 22-4-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Must confess..as a kid and young teenager, Battlefield Earth was my favourite book. I read it countless times . It was just so...vast. Of course this was before I knew anything about scientology or Hubbard.

I'm sure it's not as great as I remember it. Seeing as the last time I read it was 25 years ago. What I remember enjoying is that the humans "win" at half way through the book and the rest was when their troubles really begin.

Anyone read it recently? Any good?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join