It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The magnanimity of Scientology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It isn't so much the people, although I will admit that Tom Cruise leaping around on Oprah's couch was disturbing, but the methods of the group. It seem to operate a bit like a drug dealer offering one hit for free and then when the methods help you and you're hooked, he charges you for that next hit, and every successive step is more expensive, but if it's helping you, you NEED it and can't stop.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Misterlondon
I read somewhere on the Internet you bundle them into black suv's and sacrifice them on an alter at 3am whilst chanting and drinking beer.

You left out the orgies and the goat.

Just kidding.. But you see how people just jump on the bandwagon and form an incorrect opinion on a group or religion.
The harassment is something I did see a program on, which had clear evidence it happens.. But to be honest because of my bro in law who is a decent guy, I'm really just neutral regarding the religion..

I watched the HBO documentary and have read many threads here with additional documented evidence. I am sure the people who are joining are not aware of what can happen but it is not a blameless organization.

No.. Of course not, any organisation shrouded in secret and has been accused of harassment will be to blame.. I'm fully accepting of that.. But my point is people form baseless opinions without any knowledge..
My opinion is based on knowing a member who seems quite well balanced and by all accounts is quite high within this religion.
He has been a member more than 20 years and it did change his life, something my wife has confirmed.

Orgies and goats you say.. That's sold it I'm in.. Where do I join?
edit on 18/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

No.. Of course not, any organisation shrouded in secret and has been accused of harassment will be to blame.. I'm fully accepting of that.. But my point is people form baseless opinions without any knowledge.

I agree with your statement. What has me convinced on Scientology is what I witnessed in the HBO documentary.

Orgies and goats you say.. That's sold it I'm in.. Where do I join..

Ask the gang stalkers outside your house, we make sure they are always equipped with petitions.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Just out of curiosity,brother, what was so convincing to you? I found it to be a very silly documentary.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
Just out of curiosity,brother, what was so convincing to you? I found it to be a very silly documentary.

The jackwads following them around with cameras was pretty convincing.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

The secrecy is where people run into a major issue.

A price sheet must certainly be available? Nothing personal about it, just a price list.

Usually a "church" provides services and help to others at no charge and no money required. It's part of being a church to help people, just because they are fellow humans in need. Profiteering is not helping people and counseling for pay is not a church, it's a service and a business in my opinion and most others I think.

Nothing wrong with for profit counseling services, but that's not how people of faith work. A gift with a price tag and a markup is not a gift, it's a product.

I've given a year and half of my life helping addicts for no pay, supported by no strings attached donations. No person in need was asked for a dime. Just loving people helping each other and I was happy to donate the time. That is a church and part of a religion in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

No.. Of course not, any organisation shrouded in secret and has been accused of harassment will be to blame.. I'm fully accepting of that.. But my point is people form baseless opinions without any knowledge.

I agree with your statement. What has me convinced on Scientology is what I witnessed in the HBO documentary.

Orgies and goats you say.. That's sold it I'm in.. Where do I join..

Ask the gang stalkers outside your house, we make sure they are always equipped with petitions.

Just went out and explained I wanted an orgy at 3am with goats and beer..
They said they can help.. Gave me this little bag containing some sort of smelly green stuff and I paid them the membership fee.
Great.. Thanks for the advice, guess I just sit back and wait to be collected.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It has been so long that I don't remember that part. I just remember I laughed through most of it, the documentary is totally opposite of anything I have ever experienced in regard to Scientology. I have a family member who is a Shriner and he was very concerned about me getting into Scientology(he knows nothing about it.) I found it humorous because if anyone knows that organizations can be falsely misrepresented through documentaries, it is Masons. The logical way to get to know masonry is to become a mason and examine it for yourself, the same is true for Scientology. If a person knows nothing about masonry other than some silly documentary that he took for granted wouldn't lie or mislead him, he'd be against masonry too.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The jackwads following them around with cameras was pretty convincing.

The programme I saw was the one where a BBC reporter was doing a documentary on them.. They initially agreed but it turned sour between the reporter and scientologists.

This a clip from the show and the reporter really loses his temper with them.. The show was called scientology and me.

edit on 18/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

It has been so long that I don't remember that part.

It came out last year, not exactly a long time ago.

The logical way to get to know masonry is to become a mason and examine it for yourself, the same is true for Scientology. If a person knows nothing about masonry other than some silly documentary that he took for granted wouldn't lie or mislead him, he'd be against masonry too.

I have yet to see a documentary where people are threatened and harassed for leaving Masonry or told that their family is not off limits because they are a Suppressive Person.

If I did I would be out of Masonry before the documentary ended.

edit on 18-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Misterlondon

Yes i'm a Mason myself and the propaganda against it is ridiculous. The most we do as Masons to take over the world is charity work.

If I would be a fearfull type, that double-membership would freak me out, if you would have told me that while meeting somewhere in a different social setting. But as the maha-smile type, I just think: "Well, here somebody can't get enough meaningless titles and has too much money at hand. Another one who promotes his brand of delusion here."

Btw., I saw a few docu's about scientology too. And some of their promo-video's (bwah-ha-ha-ha!). And I was convinced that scientology deals in creepy sheit even before I saw it.

Opinion delivered!

edit on 18-4-2016 by Willingly because: refinement

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Over 99% of Scientology is available to the general public and the remaining fraction of a percent is esoteric only because knowledge has to be taught in a logical order. As for a price list? I'm honestly not sure, I learn about prices through the church I attend. Try here perhaps. www.scientology.org... Scientology charges money because that's what it takes to thrive and expand as an organisation in today's modern world. Money.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Check out the HBO documentary, Going Clear.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Over 99% of Scientology is available to the general public and the remaining fraction of a percent is esoteric only because knowledge has to be taught in a logical order.

That's not true. Its more like 1% is available to the public.
edit on 18-4-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Factually, that is inaccurate.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'm conducting a poll, and I thank everyone who participates in advance.

The question is: Do you think Scientology is an evil organization?

Absolutely.

The cult is built on control (much like all others) squeezing secrets out of cult members, making them confess to things which could easily be used against them, which is all held in a file to be "useful" at a later date.

It states in documents that those who go against the cult can be executed.

It has a history of child abuse within cult property, using slave labour and emotional torture against members, splitting up families.

There are numerous recorded cases of threats to kill made by cult members against those who speak out.

During the Anon campaign people who were identifiable were stalked, harassed, threatened, and more than one died under unexplained circumstances.

There's more than one recorded case of individuals dying at the hands of cult members.

The cult has attempted to infiltrate "charities" and even sued a anti-cult charity to gain control of it, thereby allowing it to promote itself to victims of other cults.

$cientology is a sickening, disgusting, abusive, degrading, violent, murderous, twisted cult which should be utterly and totally eradicated.

As you can see, I find $cientology to be loathsome and there are not enough appropriate words I can use on this site to adequately describe it without facing a ban.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Over 99% of Scientology is available to the general public and the remaining fraction of a percent is esoteric only because knowledge has to be taught in a logical order.

If Thetan is actually a cult member, it's pointless attempting to debate anything with them, they are delusional and cannot be reasoned with.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Factually, "Scientology" is the personal after "Clear" OT levels of the over all moinker of "Scientology" that IS NOT available to the public. Dianetics, on the other hand, IS widely available to Scientologists and "WOGS".

Unless you have reached the state of "Clear" you're not practicing Scientology. You're practicing Dianetics.
edit on 18-4-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: windword

If Thetan is actually a cult member, it's pointless attempting to debate anything with them, they are delusional and cannot be reasoned with.

The effort isn't for him/her.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes. OT levels are restricted, OT levels comprise less than one percent of Scientology. To say that only one percent of Scientology( or anything approximate to that) is available to the general public is either an intentionally dishonest statement or a statement from ignorance.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join