It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REALLY!? Scientologist Can't Believe This!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I was involved in Scientolgy at Celebrity Center in the '70's. I took several courses, was ordained and did some Dianetic "auditing." I enjoyed my stay but left in '76 when I left my fanatic and psycho Scientologist husband and moved to Maui. There was no Church of Scientology on Maui, and I never looked back.

I moved back to California about 10 years ago and my daughter in is West Hollywood, where Scientologist own every other corner, offering free "personality tests" and the like.

I started to become obessed with Scientology after following this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... and I was shocked and appalled by what I was learning about human rights' abuses, kidnapping, punishment, detention and the physical and mental abuses of church members.

But that's not what this thread is about.

I came across this vid, that I had not seen before, of church leader David Miscavige and the church attorney Earl Cooley, announcing to church members the death of their beloved leader, Lafayette Ronald Hubbard, (LRH). I know its old news, 1986, but it's new to me! I chose to use this particular video because both charactors are in 1 vid, not 2 parts, and I thought ATS minds would enjoy the subtitles.

youtu.be...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Really? Scientologist believe this? Come on! I know scientologist believe some weird stuff but I am bowled over by this lame attempt at making Hubbard seem like some saintly, god like wizard. SHEESH!

In 1982, Hubbard's son Ron Hubbard Jr, who changed his name to Dewolfe, filed legal paperwork to have his father declared dead after 10 years of absense/hiding.

SUBJECT: Declaration submitted by Sherman Lenske to the Riverside County, California court conducting the suit filed by Ronald DeWolf, a.k.a. L. Ron Hubbard, Jr., a.k.a. Nibs Hubbard on 12 November 1982 in which DeWolf claimed that L. Ron Hubbard was dead or incompetent and sought receivership and Trusteeship of the estate and assests of L. Ron Hubbard.

Here's an 1983 interview/debate in which Dewolf claims, at the 6 minute mark, that he believes his father is either dead or incapacitated. At the very end of this video, some Scientologist shill produces a paper, with Hubbards signature and thumbprints, proof that Hubbard was indeed still alive, and had no intention of coming out of hiding.
youtu.be...

Here's that paper LINK

It purportedly was executed on 15 May 1983 by L. Ron Hubbard.

In it, the missing L. Ron Hubbard insists he is not missing, that he is not dead, that his affairs are in good hands, that he has no intention of becoming unmissing in order to prove that he is not missing or dead, and basically tells everyone they can like it or stuff it.

Of course, this caused all kinds of speculation and research into Hubbards medical history.

Who Killed L Ron Hubbard

During their absence in Reno, Nevada, Mr. Hubbard suffered a
crippling stroke. Upon information and belief, Mr. Hubbard
received no medical attention from any physician licensed to
practice in California, until Dr. Denk returned from Reno, Nevada.
Dr. Denk had prescribed and administered a number of drugs to Mr. Hubbard, including the
psychiatric drug Hydroxyzine (Vistaril) which is usually
administered in combination with other hypnotic, psychotic and
sedating narcotics and restricted drugs. Indeed, the Coroner's
report indicates that there were "ten recent needle marks" in "the
right gluteal area" of the dead body.

Death Cert and Coroner's Report

And lastly, here's some random lady who has some rather astute comments on Hubbard's Coroner's Report, and that indeed, he was not treated as a beloved and respected leader or "god," but was at the very least neglected and drugged, at worst he may have been abused. No one has been prosecuted.
youtu.be...

So, in closing, I assert that there is NO WAY that the "official" Church of Scientology's story can be true!

edit on 29-11-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Nicely done. S & F!

I'm no next to nothing about Scientology, so I don't have any room to comment. But, its still nice to see a thread put together well!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I’m sorry if my thread brought you any bad memories or anything.
Reality is people will believe anything given the right circumstances. Scientology follows the same principles of all religions and believing in scientology is in no way different to believing in the god of bible or whatever else. In fact when you think about it, scientology is actually a lot more realistic then most mainstream religions.
Religion is a maze that leads you in so far that it’s almost impossible to find your way out. Social influence is such a strong force and is the key technique in getting people to believe anything.
You’re a true hero for doing what you did and I applaud you because it must have been hard.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Thanks for that thread. It caused me great enlightenment and the research opened my eyes! I don't have any bad memories of Scientology. I wasn't that involved. I had a good time and met some great people. I'm glad I had the good fortune to leave when I did. That David Miscavige fellow is really something else!

Scientology is a series of tools that analize the human condition, teaches one to indentify and take advantage weakness and then teaches one to plot a course of material success. Because, it addresses the human condition as being attached to a soul, or "Thetan" and proposes reincarnation it assumes the religious tax exemption. Many Scientologist really do care about "clearing" the planet.

Scientology is the only "religion" that that I know of that tricks it followers into faith, revealing the "scriptures" as you pay $$ along the "Bridge to Total Freedom," which is trap.
youtu.be...

edit on 29-11-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thanks for that thread. It caused me great enlightenment and the research opened my eyes! I don't have any bad memories of Scientology. I wasn't that involved. I had a good time and met some great people. I'm glad I had the good fortune to leave when I did. That David Miscavige fellow is really something else!
That’s great to hear, I'm happy your eyes are open

Strange to hear it wasn’t bad for you; reports make it seem that everyone gets treated badly. Yeah you’re very lucky. I know this may seem rude but I figure you luck could possibly be because either you didn’t have much money or you weren’t emotionally venerable.

Scientology is a series of tools that analize the human condition, teaches one to indentify and take advantage weakness and then teaches one to plot a course of material success. Because, it addresses the human condition as being attached to a soul, or "Thetan" and proposes reincarnation it assumes the religious tax exemption. Many Scientologist really do care about "clearing" the planet.
For its principle ideas, it doesn’t seem so bad; it’s just a pity they take advantage over people with it. If it’s as great as people say someone should give the teachings away for free and end the power they have.
What do you mean by 'clearing' the planet?

Scientology is the only "religion" that that I know of that tricks it followers into faith, revealing the "scriptures" as you pay $$ along the "Bridge to Total Freedom," which is trap.
Well its pay as you learn structure is unique, but honestly that’s about it as far as difference goes. All religions take money from its followers; all in a sense trick people they just use different methods. Scientology uses a direct method of control; where as mainstream religions are indirect and less obvious. When it comes down to it, all religions have the same control over their true followers; scientology just uses it for bad. Any religion has the power to make its true followers do anything which is extremely dangerous when you consider the history of groups like the church.
Take care.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Scientology has 2 agendas. To make money, ei: succeed in the material world, and 2, clear the planet. A "clear" person is free from the reactive mind. But, Scientology the business, seeks to control the reative mind, in order to persist as a money making venture.

Clearing the planet means removing the reactive mind from the human condition. OT levels, the more expensive side of Scientology, deals with controlling other people's reactive minds and how they effect you. It is literally "black magic."

Scientology is the only religion that tricks people into black magic.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
I’m sorry if my thread brought you any bad memories or anything.
Reality is people will believe anything given the right circumstances. Scientology follows the same principles of all religions and believing in scientology is in no way different to believing in the god of bible or whatever else. In fact when you think about it, scientology is actually a lot more realistic then most mainstream religions.
Actually, Scientology didn't even start out as a church.

Read this account by Margery Wakefield, who was deep into early Scientology, how she found out it had become a church:

www.cs.cmu.edu...

Sometime in the early 1970's, Scientology became a Church.

"A church?" I asked a friend who worked in the Guardian's Office, the notorious private CIA-like branch of Scientology. "Why?"

"It's just a tax matter," he reassured me. "It won't really change the way anything works. It's just a way to deal with the suppressive government." I was satisfied with the explanation. It was consistent with a policy from "Ron" which came out soon afterward in which he said, "Scientology 1970 is being planned on a religious organization basis throughout the world. "This will not upset in any way the usual activities of any organization. It is entirely a matter for accountants and solicitors."
That doesn't sound like any typical religion to me, where one day they wake up and decide they are a church!

Actually Wakefield's account is one of the most interesting things I've ever read:

The Road to Xenu A narrative account of life in Scientology

I don't think you can find any similar story written by any member of the Catholic church for example, which further disputes your claim that Scientology is like another religion. It may be for some followers who don't get in too deep, but as deep as Wakefiled got into it, it's more like a cult, and she calls it that:

From Dianetics to Scientology -- The Evolution of a Cult

So now that we've hopefully established it's not just another religion, back to the OP.

I knew that Hubbard lived a mysterious life at sea on his boat, but I'd never seen that Miscavige video...the subtitles were entertaining, so thanks for sharing that!

If Hubbard really wasn't in control of Scientology at the end of his life, and apparently he wasn't, then his passing wasn't such a big deal to the church. However after reading about all the abuse others sustained due to Hubbard's cult, there's a perverse sort of Karma if it's true that Hubbard was himself abused after his stroke. Could it be an example of the saying "What goes around, comes around"?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Sounds exactly like any religion to me. They just use slightly altered techniques and the timeframe is more recent. If scientology and christanity swapped places you would be saying the same thing against christanity and the bible.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Sounds exactly like any religion to me. They just use slightly altered techniques and the timeframe is more recent. If scientology and christanity swapped places you would be saying the same thing against christanity and the bible.
Actually you might have a point there.

I was comparing Scientology to modern religions like Christianity of today.

If I went back in time, there are probably stronger parallels with Christianity.

join