It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Millenial Rebellion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Sometimes it seems the older generations whine just as much, or more so than the "SJW millennials" that they claim are entitled, whiny brats.

Here's an idea everyone, wake up to yet another division tactic that is forced down our throats! We are all human, we want food, water and good shelter for all. As well as a reasonable amount of rights for all, no matter your beliefs.

The inability to agree to disagree, and move on to find a way to work together for at least basic opportunities for all, to me, is sickening.

Keep on bickering everyone. All you ignorant, old school, afraid of change folks. And you, whiny entitled young people. You're all making things so much better! Keep it up!!

So proud that this is my reality

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Double
edit on 17-4-2016 by seaswine because: Dp

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

I actually really do agree with you.

We need to work together better which is the point of most of my threads.

I live this mentality as well.
edit on 4/17/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Many baby boomers are in the "I got mine" mentality. They are the ones will a paid for home and probably a nice little retirement.

They don't realize that without someone to buy the stocks/bonds composing their 401k, their retirement is worthless. Same as the hope of selling their current home so they can move south - who is going to buy that house?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Judging by current housing trends no one is going to buy either of them.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So you rebel against the system by voting for a man who wants to give that same system MORE POWER?!

How is that rebellion? It seems to me that what you are really having a tantrum over is that you haven't been allowed to totally surrender already because the rest of us are too stubborn to let you.

You guys are making me realize that lemmings aren't actually a myth. We gave birth to you. Melemmials. You guys need to study how Germany fell into the third reich. This is that pattern on both sides, but you if you can recognize it on one side, you should be able to see it in yourselves. Destitute young people with no hope and few prospects following a man who promises you everything if you endorse change for the sake of change and for no other reason - promises of everything for change.

I didn't realize Millenials liked Trump. that's an odd take on that.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I'm a huge Trump supporter.

I can see right through Bernies ideas and where that future leads.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I figure I am one of the ones who does not exist for the politicians to care about...

40yr old, 2 kids, wife sole income.

4.34 hour over Food stamp threshold gross.
-1.88 per hour under food stamp threshold Net.

So government aide does not exist for me, SO I had to learn how to shop, how to budget, and how to plan...

Already got one kid set up for Collage via the Hazelwood act, which waives all tuition fees, leaving only the books room and dorm to pay for (she gets to stay home and wife drives her to collage) so after adjusting that we are covering her food and roof, all that comes out of my pocket for her is the books.

As for the other one who is four years behind well Enlisting worked for me it can work for him.

It is possible to put your kids though collage with out debt. It just takes more planning.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

As far as I can tell parents don't help their kids get through college anymore.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
What in the blazing blue barnacles happened to my Generation to cause that for the next...? Guess I am odd man out.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The family broke apart.

Like I said in my OP if you don't make good money your # out of luck especially if your white male.

My grandmothers have all her kids 50,000 to start their own businesses in he 90's.

Two of them did really good and two of them didn't.

You know what they do for my generation? Nothing and some of them are millionaires.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
That is a shame, but then I was raised with the values of my grandmother, not my mother and father so I guess I am running things a generation behind.

I have said it before in one of my rants SSI was the start of the decline of the family...

edit on 17-4-2016 by CoBaZ because: extra

My RANT about this issue
edit on 17-4-2016 by CoBaZ because: added link

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Everytime they add a social program they take power away from the individuals

I think it's part of the dumbing down process.

I was telling someone yesterday I don't want a pension I want the money same wth social security I'll invest it myself.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

invest it in what?? when I was working I refused to take part in the IRA that my boss set up, told him straight out why, I am in the tail of the boomers, and well the generations after me ain't doing too well. so, the way I figure, my older siblings will cash in their retirement funds, while the younger ones use what money they have just to live, and the banks and wall street players play their games.. not only would I have been wasting my money, but my boss's also.
we helped our kids out alot, although we couldn't fund their college. heck, I am still helping them out when I can. so, I guess you could say that we invested in our kids instead. they aren't doing great, but they aren't really doing that badly overall, they all have a roof over their heads, one's in college for one more semester, wish he could find a way to go on in it but not sure. hopefully another one has found himself in an apprenticeship program with a plumber, that would be nice. I am so tired of worrying about them, I really am. I was out the door when I was 16, my husband was just as young, and well, we made it through without bothering her much after that. but today, it's just crap, not like it was then. my first job was minimum wage, and I could get along on that. now it seems you have to making well over 10/hour and you lifestyle is really not as good.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Thanks bud. I can tell you, much like myself (or so id like to think) have a modicum of common sense based on your posts.

I too, support Trump. Not because I love him, but because he's different. I also equally in the opposite political direction, support Sanders because he is different.

I have a CC license, but only utilize it maybe 2-3% of times I leave the house.

I also believe in love and acceptance of all, so long as they are not spreading hate and rejection.

I as well have a man bun and goatee. I mean hey, it suits me. So my only true advice I can offer you is this; do not avoid a man bun because they are usually the idiotic SJW'S. I assure you, it ain't always the case!!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It's not just in the US either. My 28 year old son has returned back home recently. I was at the store yesterday and saw a woman in front of me with her son looked about the same age, struck up a conversation - same sort of situation. She said she knew other families in the same boat.

That was a bit comforting, as it is humiliating for my son, and I admit we keep asking ourselves where we went wrong as parents! At his age, we had three kids, we had constructed our own home, had two cars....he has nothing. Literally.

He hasn't been able to sustain a long term relationship (has a child, never sees her), he had to sell his car to pay his debts, has a job (an EMT) but it only allowed him to rent a tiny studio apartment. He moved in with a girlfriend, but that didn't work out, so now he has to start over, save up enough money to get into another apartment.
But buying a house... he doesn't even dream of such a thing.

My daughter is married, has a child, they both have decent jobs, but still can't afford to buy a house. They rent. They hope to buy a newer car eventually.

But each of my kids have a very developed social net, which I find curious. My husband and I were Xer's, getting pregnant young and working hard to build a family, but we put virtually no energy into social life and other friendships.My daughter has so many friends, it's hard to get a date on her agenda to see her! They exchange with and aid each other wonderfully.

This generation lives differently than we did... I personally do not feel so negative about it .... every generation likes to bemoan the worthlessness of the younguns because they are different than their parents. But each generation makes it in their own way, and the society changes as they come of age.

Yes, the Millenials may cause big changes in our society, that's not anything new, that is the way it is supposed to be.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Much love to you and yours, Bluesma. Never lose your wisdom and understanding!

Eta: don't think you went wrong as a parent unless you know in your heart you truly did for some reason. Times are changing, so don't expect to have all the answers. I doubt any of us do...
edit on 17-4-2016 by seaswine because: Eta

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

It's really tough to support yourself right now I've been struggling for the last two years really bad.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It's going to be difficult for everyone, but the robot owners. Everyone who won't have a job because of software or robots will rebel once they don't have money to buy the basics.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

My sister is getting a degree in BioChem 4

So she will be in debt when she graduates and will be competing with h1 visa foreign workers who can live on less than half her salary.

She shouldnt worry , once our economy crashes and our standard of living drops to a third world level we will be able to compete again.

DAMN millinials always complaining

edit on 58430America/ChicagoSun, 17 Apr 2016 04:58:12 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01430America/ChicagoSun, 17 Apr 2016 05:01:58 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join