It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Millenial Rebellion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

are you saying that when people have nothing to lose, they lose it?? or desperate people will do desperate things? sure the younger generations would be more likely to act out in ways they shouldn't.. but I really don't think that it will be just those generations. I ran across an article today that was from the area I grew up in, doesn't sound like it's any better up that way, sounds like it's worse. and well, they were talking to the older people as well as the young and it sounds like the discontent isn't reserved for just the younger ones. it's like if the economy was a machine then half of it's gears have been locked up by stupid imbeciles throwing wrenches around, and the rest of the gears have been grinding to a half for the past few years.... and well the stupid imbeciles are wearing their fake smiles telling everyone everything is grand... well, far too many of us look around and there's nothing grand about it.
it's the younger generations that has the keys, the ingenuity and the creativity. hitting bottom is gonna be a bitch, but once we do, they will be freer to use those key and transform the world. unless of course, they chose to self destruct instead. but I have faith that they will find their way through this. I have three sons, I have to believe this.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah but thinking that an entire generations is a bunch of SJWs is crazy. None of my friends are social justice warriors but most of my friends are fighters and martial arts coaches so I'm around a different breed of human all the time.

Maybe the rest of the world is experiencing something else but I avoid trendy looking people like he plague.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I would offer caution in attacking corporations too much.

They are the ones paying those of us who do work.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They have massive college debt. That money was borrowed from somewhere. If they had good paying jobs they'd be able to pay it back and, you know, buy stuff. That's how economies grow. The fact that there are fewer good jobs now than there were 10 years ago, or 30 even, means the money was spent but can't be repaid. That is the literal definition of economic retardation, per the Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith. Economic retardation becomes recession when endemic, and can greatly depress the growth of GDP for even longer if left unchecked.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Social Justice is the idea that equality should be that of outcome in all things, not equal treatment before the law. The two are very different principles and look different.

Equal treatment means that the if a cop shoots a kid, the law doesn't care that one person is a cop and the other a black kid. It only cares that one person shot another and then examines the particular circumstances under which this occurred. If the law does not find the circumstances warranted the act, then the cop is guilty. If the law does, then the cop is not.

Social justice says the cop is always guilty depending on what color the kid is for a variety of reasons, but mainly because too many kids of a certain color are already found guilty and it's just not fair, even if there are sounds reasons why that occurs.

In short, social justice is not a world of reality.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No your right I agree.

The older generations tend to be Trump supporters and that reflects the same populace movement that is making Sanders so popular but the two generations have to completely different ideas on how to change it.

The reason for that o believe is that the older generation was able to experience a more capitalistic and less plutocratic economy and hats what they want to return.

Millenials haven't been around long enough to experience a good economy so their perspective on capitalism is skewed.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You remember musical chairs from childhood? That's what this is. Me? I'm a dancer. I don't sweat much. Every Time the music stops, someone is left standing. It doesn't take a rocket philosopher to figure out who's working the radio.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Some of that is a problem with jobs not being available and some of that is a problem with the majors they are getting degrees in.

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Bear with me I'm going to bed soon I'm exhausted my brain isn't working right.

link   

True.

The solutions I see, punishing companies, raising taxes, will not solve the current problem.

It will intensify it.

link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Their minimal impact on the economy is what's going to put us into a 100 year long recession.

It will be two generations out before the economy begins to recover.

The entire landscape is going to change because how can a millenial tell their children to go to college when they found out it was just a scam in the first place?

No the Government and the corporations it serves will put us in a 100 year depression.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Bernie is a distraction. You get that, right? This is a coordinated attack on our way of life through our money, our savings and our investments.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Every generation rebels against the previous one.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

That's because wages are so low and corporate profits are so high that there's nothing left.

Everyone knows that the reason why the economy is drying up is because these big corporations and sucking the money out of communities and going to the next community like a virus just sucking the life out of everything.

And everybody knows it.

Corporations helped drive down wages with globalism but they can't do squat without a corrupt government. Insurance corporations can't force You to buy insurance until they get a few demomcraps in their pocket. I don't like corporations either but I will point the finger where it ultimately belongs which is at the government. I seriously can't understand how You people want to fix everything with larger government when it's the entity that caused all this #.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Most of it is lack of opportunity.

Do you really think all of these colleges are funding programs that no one is taking?

My sister is getting a degree in BioChem 4 year program and her classes are filled to the brim as are all of the other programs in the school many of them advanced STEM degree programs.

Another false narrative to support your young kids are lazy bs.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

When the Fed introduces negative interests rates in be near future what do you think is going to happen to all that money you think you have right now?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

So it seems like the generation everyone loves to hate seems to be rebelling against the system.

I hate to break it to you, but the youth of America started 'rebelling' in the 60's and have been for pretty much every generation since. There is nothing special about Millennials except they are exceptionally self-absorbed, lack a work ethic and have a heightened sense of entitlement.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Where did you hear that? You do realize that the majority of job seekers with fresh degrees are coming out with math and science degrees, right? IT degrees. Nursing. You are running on old information. The students of the past decade already caught on to that meme.

nces.ed.gov...

Math and sciences are up by another 12-15% since 2012. RN's and related degrees are up by a similar amount, since 2012.

This isn't a problem of degrees. This is a problem of fewer good paying jobs, work visas for foreign workers who will take less to do jobs than their American born counterparts, and companies pushing traditional "entry-level" work offshore.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

True.

The solutions I see, punishing companies, raising taxes, will not solve the current problem.

It will intensify it.

Actually I think punishing crony capitalist is exactly what we need.

Jail time and treason.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I don't have to think about it. At 98 we all rotate. It's called retraction for a reason, you know.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join