It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump call to punish women for abortions

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Can't we just all agree that abortion is a horrible method of abdicating responsibility of parenthood?

Reproducing is the most selfish thing in the world. There is not one unselfish reason for having a child.

Choosing not to continue with a pregnancy you are not ready for is the most unselfish and responsible decision any woman can make.

Many LIVING CHILDREN already here are not getting the care and love they need. I think of them.

Really sick logic

It's far more complex than that.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: SeaWorthy

That's an interesting question, did Trump ever have a child aborted? If ever asked I can tell you he'll say no.

But I wonder... chances are if he did he made her sign an NDA and threatened to sue her, and God know what else, if she ever went public.

trump had 3 children with his first wife...she was quoted as saying she had had 10 pregnancies with him...he would never use protection or even pullout..he would just grab her any time day or night when the mood struck him....first time pregnancy happened she wanted the baby,,,he INSISTED she get an abortion ( had 7 total)

You're gonna need to provide a link for that.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Can't we just all agree that abortion is a horrible method of abdicating responsibility of parenthood?

Reproducing is the most selfish thing in the world. There is not one unselfish reason for having a child.

Choosing not to continue with a pregnancy you are not ready for is the most unselfish and responsible decision any woman can make.

Many LIVING CHILDREN already here are not getting the care and love they need. I think of them.

Really sick logic

Sick? Why?

No, its not more complicated then that.

Unless you throw in Belief.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Every abortion is sad, but it does not mean it is not the right thing to do.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I edited my post to add a bit of clarification.

Just wanted to let you know, in case it changes your opinion on my comment.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

False story according to snopes

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I don't care what you do. I just don't see the positives to abortion.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Really sick logic

Sick? Why?

Nothing to do with belief.

How many weeks before abortion is OK?
What about the father?
What about potentially loving parents who would adopt if they could?
What about women who suffer mentally after taking the advice of the 'best thing you could do' crowd?
What about the women who think they are not ready but go though with it and it ends up being the best decision of their lives?
I could go on, but there are a multitude of issues..

As for calling having a child selfish - really sad view to hold. Quite an insult to the millions who give up their lives to make sure their children have the best chance possible in life.

We're never going to agree I am sure.
To be honest I will bow out there as I just can't fathom where you are coming from.
edit on 1/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

" . . those that choose that path bear responsibility for the rest of their lives." YES!

Same for those who have the baby and give it up for adoption.

That, I could never do. I could never have a baby to appease some belief, then give it away "potluck" to who knows what.

To me, that is far worse.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

" . . those that choose that path bear responsibility for the rest of their lives." YES!

That, I could never do. I could never have a baby to appease some belief, then give it away "potluck" to who knows what.

I was one of those babies given away "Potluck". I don't know if being non-existant is better than being an alive human, but I'm glad my 14 year old mother made the right choice, thank God. It's been a fun ride thus far!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Really sick logic

Sick? Why?

Nothing to do with belief.

Of course it is.

Like countries that favor boys and kill the girls. Its because that's what they were taught in their culture.

I was reading about the Yanomami. The woman's response to a stillborn. "We'll just make another".

You are taught that "birth control" via abortion is wrong. Yet it's been done for years in some cultures.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I was one of those babies given away "Potluck". I don't know if being non-existant is better than being an alive human, but I'm glad my 14 year old mother made the right choice, thank God. It's been a fun ride thus far!

Yes, I know. So was my first husband.

If you never had awareness, you would have no thought on it.

Before I get in trouble: Trump call to punish women for abortions

This really isn't an abortion discussion thread. Done.
edit on 1-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You must die rather than have loving parents.

This is called "love" in leftist dictionaries.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

You must die rather than have loving parents.

This is called "love" in leftist dictionaries.

If the child is aborted then it had parents who didn't want to have it. Therefor your first statement is actually incorrect. It is not loved and very likely wouldn't have it's actual parents caring for it at all.

As for you second statement, well that's just BS. We all know that is just your little emotional attack toward those you don't agree with. Petty and childish.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I respect and admire your position.

Abortion is never something we should take lightly, but neither are the consequences of what may happen if abortion is not available in some form or fashion. We should also recognize that we need to talk about this issue intelligently, without threatening women for their actions, whether or not we agree with the "morality" of their actions.

That approach serves no purpose.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

"Reproducing is the most selfish thing in the world"....

I am very sad you feel that way. It is so untrue. Each child born is the future of the earth. If theyare not born, it is not to talk about what could be but about what will be when one is born. # happens.Do not look at regret or self sacrifice but at how you can bring a child into the world who may one day make a difference. If you choose not to then make sure to put your good thoughts and teaching towards a child and volunteer. There are a lot that need help. I see it everyday in my volunteering.

There is no need to discuss abortion in a POTUS election.

edit on 04pm30pmf0000002016-04-01T21:17:48-05:000948 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Just my opinion. I know I won't ever change your mind, you will never change mine.

So you don't like my opinion.

Would it bother you if I said I don't care?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If we can entrust leaders and military with making life or death decisions that often involve the loss of innocent life, and we somehow find justification in that, then it's hypocritical to say a woman cannot be entrusted with the same difficult decisions over her body. If it was a man's body, there would not even be a debate. We all know it's true. Fact is difficult decisions are made. I've known women who have aborted, I've known people who have been adopted, and I've seen people go the full course and have kids. It's not for us to decide or judge.

If we're going to call it murder, then all our troops are nothing but hired murderers foolishly taught to believe there is somehow honor in murder. At least women don't expect a medal and applause.

Republicans support the idea of murdering innocent family members of terrorists, and say oh well when schools are bombed, so go F yourself with your righteous indignation of abortion.
edit on 1-4-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Doesn't bother me at all.

You're opinion on Abortion isn't the problem at all. It was the false claim about the "Leftists" that was uncalled for.

There's no need for false accusations or insults in this discussion. It's a very complex issue and different opinions are expected. I don't think anything less of you for your opinions either. People see this issue differently than others.

Let's just keep it civil and honest.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I've seen too many celebrate abortions that embrace an ideology that is decisively left.

I'm not out to change minds. But I sure as hell will be someone who disagrees.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join