It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump call to punish women for abortions

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
ahem
< ---- woman. mother. professional. Trump supporter.

I am not the only one.

< ---- Women who can see past the propaganda and think for themselves, and can see the truth.

< ---- Women who do not accept the lines being fed to them, and who see the twists and turns the establishment is using to manipulate and confuse people.

So, those who are generalizing and saying that all women hate Trump, better rethink that.

edit on 4/1/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: mOjOm

I've seen too many celebrate abortions that embrace an ideology that is decisively left.

I'm not out to change minds. But I sure as hell will be someone who disagrees.

So I've seen many on the right speak out and champion the idea of stoning gays, jailing atheists and killing abortion doctors. Does that mean it's cool for me to label everyone on the right as similar psychos??

Let's keep it real man.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've seen too many celebrate abortions that embrace an ideology that is decisively left.

I'm not out to change minds. But I sure as hell will be someone who disagrees.

So I've seen many on the right speak out and champion the idea of stoning gays, jailing atheists and killing abortion doctors. Does that mean it's cool for me to label everyone on the right as similar psychos??

Let's keep it real man.

Too many already disparage anyone who even leans slightly right as being an advocate for all that you mentioned.

Abortion is a partisan issue.

We can't escape that.

All I can do is voice my opinion.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Couldn't resist.

"I KNOW women who've had abortions"

What? Did they bring it up in general conversation?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
ya know, I do believe, that maybe england at one time in the early 50-60 treated women who aborted as criminals, they eventually gave up the practice.. one of the reasons was the ones that they could actually prove had gone through an abortion more times than not were the ones that either died, or danged near died because of the crappy job the abortionists done.. another was that to arrest the women, often times would leave quite a few kids left without a mother! they eventually centered their attention on finding the abortionist who were killing and maiming the pregnant ladies and concentrating on bringing them to justice and started dealing a little more compassionately with the women.

as far as trump goes, well, I have to ask, who thinks there is a better candidate on the republican side of the ticket? I mean, as far as women's issues goes, well, I'd give trump maybe a 20% chance that he'll do much of anything about abortion. I think it's far down on his bucket list of things to do in his presidency... he'll be more into working on ideas that involve business and the economy, heck, he might actually do some good in those areas. If they made a law that said I had to vote for either the republican or democratic candidate and the dem was hillary, I'd probably vote for trump!
Cruz??? now, I think his main issues will be abortion, religion, and crusades!! sorry, that's just how he strikes me. The top issues on his list will be to furthering the church's agenda... if I had to chose between hillary and cruz, I would pick hillary. it's too bad that they crazies pushed bush out of the running so early, because well, really, he was the best candidate they had on the republican side. and to be honest, we all should be hoping for the strongest candidate on both sides regardless of which side we favor, and be willing to pick the best candidate overall, even if they do disagree with us on some of the issues.

oh ya, and there is another stupid law on the books, thanks to the pro-life crowd...
it requires that anesthesia to any fetus over 20 weeks, just in case it can feel pain...
gee, like the article points out, if they are so worried about the pain level a 20 week fetus might go through during an abortion, umm.... why don't the require the anesthesia during birth, when the babies head is being pushed through that tiny vagina? or during circumcisions?

Here's the kicker: The law does not tell me how to provide this anesthesia. Do I put my patient under general anesthesia? Do I insert a long needle into her abdomen? Both of those options carry far more risk than current evidence-based practices in abortion care. They are also expensive. Who is responsible to pay for these unnecessary procedures that increase risk and cost without medical benefit?

www.cnn.com...

kind of wonder, is it pro-life for baby or pro-death to women???

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So voice your opinion then. But does voicing your opinion have to include cheap shots and false accusations toward those who might disagree with your opinion??? NO.

If you want your opinion to be equal with anyone else and their opinion then you have to do the same for theirs. That doesn't mean anyone need accept false information or false statements either. Some information can be backed up by factual, demonstrable evidence. Other things are based on emotional reaction and personal belief. Some information is just flat out false and misleading.

All I'm saying is generalized accusations aren't valid. Even the term "leftist" means nothing and isn't even defined accept in your mind. When is someone a "Leftist"??? Whenever you decide they are, that's when. It's meaningless to anyone but you and to push that on others and label anyone in to some group which you alone define is just not a credible thing for anyone to do.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
... he'll be more into working on ideas that involve business and the economy, heck, he might actually do some good in those areas.

I have said I'd like to see Trump given a job in politics to see what he'd actually do.

Not as president though.

IMO - - I think he would fail in the mundane as a worker, not the Big Shot Guy In Charge.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I have said I'd like to see Trump given a job in politics to see what he'd actually do.

Not as president though.

IMO - - I think he would fail in the mundane as a worker, not the Big Shot Guy In Charge.

That's a great idea. Why not have some kind of history or record of someone's ability to head up the position of President before sticking someone in that position in order to find out???

We should almost have a it like any other position of employment. You start near the bottom and work your way up by gaining experience and doing better and being smarter and more capable than those at your same level. People want to bitch about "Career Politicians" and to a point I agree. Because most of them literally just milk the job and don't do squat or worse they actually work against what their position should be.

But what if you have one that has a kick ass career as a politician?? Wouldn't you want to keep that guy?? I mean if his career was something admirable then a career politician takes on a whole new meaning.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I don't measure the validity of my opinions against anyone else's opinions.

And if the only way you can value another's opinion is to compare it against all other opinions, then that's your thing. I guess.

My opinion is mine. It either stands or falls all on its own. It neither validates nor negates anyone else's opinion.

As for cheap shots? I'm a smartass who is often sarcastic, but often tries to illustrate an issue by going to extremes.

If you're looking for Ms. Manners, might want to try someone else.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

We should almost have a it like any other position of employment. You start near the bottom and work your way up by gaining experience and doing better and being smarter and more capable than those at your same level.

Absolutely! If Trump can't "hang" with the mundane of politics, he has no business being the leader.

As far as Career Politicians, personally I do not want Grass Roots at the level of president.

As I would not want a general practitioner performing heart surgery on me.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ok, fine.

Then your opinion is completely invalid, worthless and ridiculous. Just like every opinion coming from anyone one the Right about this issue.

They should all be ignored and laughed at for even thinking them up in the first place.

My opinion is that your opinion has absolutely NO merit to it whatsoever. Neither does anyone on the Right because they are all just a bunch of Religiously programed robots who get their intellect and morals from a old book filled with goofy stories, none of which are true.

I see your point now. That is way better than my idea of having a civil discussion. I feel like we've really accomplished something. C ya.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Right. Just because the guy can run a large business doesn't mean much. Maybe there is a position for him. Some kind of management position or something. But President requires more.

First of all, the people aren't His Employees. Nor are we his Customers. Our president shouldn't be something similar to some dick head boss barking orders and deciding what kind of people we should be.

This nation doesn't need to be run like a business. The economy sure. Foreign Affairs, sometimes. But not people. This isn't the United States of Trump. But you know that is how he sees it. I can already imagine the Big "Trump" in gold letters tattooed like a Tramp Stamp across Lady Liberties Lower Back. She'll be holding a Bottle of Trump Wine in one hand and Trump Steaks in the other while wearing one of his stupid hats.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

do you think there is anyone better on the republican side running?? that was my point, at least with trump, I really don't believe we will end up with a theocracy in a couple of years, not really sure about cruz though...

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

do you think there is anyone better on the republican side running?? that was my point, at least with trump, I really don't believe we will end up with a theocracy in a couple of years, not really sure about cruz though...

I was a 30 year Goldwater Republican. Now unaffiliated (and I'm a Globalist)

I will do what ever it takes that none of them get elected.

I haven't a clue what Trump thinks - - only that he does and says whatever he wants to get attention and votes.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Women who do not accept the lines being fed to them, and who see the twists and turns the establishment is using to manipulate and confuse people.

You should be less worried about what people say Trump thinks about women, and more worried about what Trump himself has said about women over the years. Check out his books.. his interviews.. his articles and quotes. It's all fairly disgusting to be honest. Nothing like a guy who said he'd date his own daughter because she was so beautiful.. or him in a book comparing his wife to buildings and works of art. A possession.. nothing more.

Dude is a womanizer.. I don't know how you or anyone else thinks that would bode well once he is in office. He hasn't changed.. he is just feeding everyone whatever BS he can think up as he goes.

You honestly want a guy in office who has called woman dogs, ugly, and slobs? He has done all of those. Great guy! I've never done that once in my life. His respect for woman is probably around the level of respect he has say, for his dog.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Well... History is a brutal teacher.

And to be completely honest his views on women are probably better than a few people that are holding office now.

He said what he said to appeal to the evangelical voters. He's pandering to the audience. Just like almost ever politician, or even regular run of the mill people trying to drum up support for their cause.

Who cares if it's a lie as long as people support YOUR world view to help you achieve your goal.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
. . . and more worried about what Trump himself has said about women over the years.

HA!

My office manager used to play Howard Stern over the loudspeakers everyday.

Trump was a frequent guest.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: gpols

He said what he said to appeal to the evangelical voters. He's pandering to the audience. Just like almost ever politician, or even regular run of the mill people trying to drum up support for their cause.

Yeah, but I think the others are at least attempting to present their political issues.

Trump doesn't care. He's just trying to get votes with "whatever works".

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

I am strange one. I am pro-life in Spirit. But I am pro-choice by law.

I hope one day no one chooses abortion, but I don't want the government or mob rule to dictate my civil rights.

I don't want Facism or Theocracy. It is never a good idea to give up your right. Civil Rights is a forward movement, and I see no reason to go backwords now, or ever. I dont need my life dictated to me, and need my civil rights.

Too many men have died to protect them to look backwords. We need to appreciate our civil rights and never be willing to surrender them.
edit on 2-4-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I haven't a clue what Trump thinks - - only that he does and says whatever he wants to get attention and votes.

Sometimes, I wonder if he does......

Donald Trump on Friday appeared to again reverse his position on abortion, arguing that federal laws should not be changed to outlaw the procedure.
"At this moment the laws are set. And I think we have to leave it that way," Trump said Friday in an interview with CBS's John Dickerson on "Face the Nation." The full interview will air Sunday morning.

www.cnn.com...

of course his campaign spokeswoman had to step in and explain what he meant.... we had to leave it that way, for now, until trump gets elected and appoints the right people to the supreme court, of course starting with that one that is now empty!!!

but no, they can't go ahead and consider the nomination that obama brought to congress, that would just be too politically controversial for an election year!!

I really ain't no fan of trump, I don't believe he is as successful of a businessman as he pretends to be, I don't think he's worth as much as he claims, but well, the sick thing is, he's the best the republicans have it seems.

and, well, it really doesn't look that great on the democratic side.
at least trump is providing us with some comic relief??

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join