It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black campus employee assaults student for "culture appropriation" at SFSU

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Another example of what is considered to be a Quantum Superstate SJW, able to be in the position of both the victim and the aggressor at the same time.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

You mean like the Spartans, from which you stole your namesake?

Or how about the Vikings? Were they gross and pathetic?

Or maybe you just mean relatively tiny, skinny white dudes?

Methinks you doth protest too much! Just ask him out! I'm sure he won't bite.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I dont know if it was mentioned yet, but this wasnt an employee. It doesnt change the nature of what she did, and how wrong she was in principle and action.

Still, just a clarification.

Also, her ancestors are Nubian where as Egyptian culture is /was not. Everything African is not all black.

Also, dreadlocks are a natural evolution of any hair type where combing and cleaning arent a daily habit.

In the Canary Islands for example, there were natural blonds with blue eyes, an indigenous white population and they had dreads as well.

In the end how dare anyone in the modern world acuse anyone of cultural appropriation. If anything it is an agent against racism since it binds people together.

Its like saying that the letters I am choosing to write in are a form of racism towards phoneticians.

Or that because I live in a democracy that my culture is racist towards Greek city states we "stole" the concept from.

edit on 3 30 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
a reply to: s3cz0ne

Yes she was wearing "western style clothing" skinny jeans and an orange sweater. Her friend was wearing a trenchcoat, some commenter on youtube described him as "Gay looking inspector gadget".

EDIT/ADDITION: Which is fully OK, she was born and raised in the US, so wearing "western style clothing" is fully OK.
As is wearing dreads. If it woud have been a fashion standoff she would definetly win against dreadlock man.

If you want to see the video, i posted it again page 8, or else just search for "SFSU dreadlocks" already tons of versions, memes and reaction videos online.

This thing went bigger than i expected.

Meh... She has no right to yell cultural appropriation. She clearly has no understanding of history and obviously doesn't know that multiple other cultures practiced wearing dread locks. The women should be canned. That's just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
a reply to: peck420

Its not folly if the logical reasoning for it is that his behavior varies dependent on the company he's in. Its actually quite telling about his preconceptions, his approach to communicating with other races and the level of intelligence he attributes to a person in a given encounter.

People act and react differently in different stressful vs. non-stressful situations. They have nothing to do with race. A perfect example of this was the car accident I got into yesterday. 30 minutes after the accident talking to the officer to explain what happened, I was a bit fidgety, tripped over my words a couple of times, etc. Rightfully so, I was just in an accident (not my fault) and my cars hood and headlight got destroyed.

Contrasted with how I spoke to the Insurance company later that evening, however, I was much more calm, didn't trip over my words, and I was able to thoroughly explain the situation.

This kids situation is no different. In the encounter video, he was aggressively approached by 2 students who were accusing him of stealing their hair style and cultural appropriation. She's lucky she didn't get punched in the face. I probably wouldn't have reacted as meekly as this kid here. I wouldn't take kindly to some random person coming up to me accusing me of some stupid nonsense, getting in my personal space (grounds for self defense), and then putting their hands on me.

You can be damned sure, and it doesn't take a rocket science: This kid is going to be reacting differently when he has two strangers being physically aggressive towards him than a pre-staged interview where he knew exactly what was going to be asked, and he didn't feel threatened like he rightfully did in the encounter video.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Without inserting a long quote; I can agree with actions mean more than words. You're right, there shouldn't be any double standard.

That said who really cares about what this women thought? What she did was entirely inappropriate. On top of that she was historically WRONG! She deserves to loose her job and get charged with assault. Perhaps a history lesson is in order as well! Seriously. Some may call it "reverse racism". To me it's just straight up racism. There shouldn't be a double standard here.

Believe me; I do understand the plight of black people. Whether it be land grants to whites and only whites during the 1700's. Whether it be that the ancestors of most blacks in the USA were enslaved. Be it the Jim Crow laws and the essentially herding blacks into the inner city ghettos. I'm aware of all of this. On one side of my family is immigrants that came over in the 1940's. The other side are Scots that came over God knows when because I've never met them and most on my father's side are dead. I'm pretty sure they never enslaved anyone though.

It bothers me when others look at the color of my skin and somehow hold me personally responsible for their plight. Is the system stacked against them? Yeah, in some cases it is. But please don't blame me, all I'm looking for is an equally fair system for all of us, good education for our children, economic opportunities and decent healthcare for each of us regardless of skin color.

Why can't we all understand that race is a social construct meant to divide us and was created by other humans. Maybe if we'd all try to work together we'd have a better future for our children.
edit on 30-3-2016 by s3cz0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
She may be offside, but good lord is there anything more gross and pathetic than a white dude in dredlocks? lol

Wow, the ignorance, hypocrisy and irony present in this post is just mind boggling.

Here we have a poster with the username "Leonidas" who thinks that a white guy with dread locks is "gross and pathetic" - despite the fact that the name he picked for his ATS username is related to the King of a group of White people who actually wore dread locks.

You are either ignorant, trolling, a hypocrite, or some combination of the aforementioned.

Ironic considering that if this was the case, it would mean dreadlocks have been a "White" thing for ~2500 years.

Interesting.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I just love the extent to which non racists will go to point out a suspected case of black racism. all the while claiming the moral high ground.

Can't you just call it what it is based on a person's actions, regardless of their skin color? People of any race can be stupid Aholes. The Lady was just that, an Ahole.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I just love the extent to which non racists will go to point out a suspected case of black racism. all the while claiming the moral high ground.

Can't you just call it what it is based on a person's actions, regardless of their skin color? People of any race can be stupid Aholes. The Lady was just that, an Ahole.

Thank you. This isn't about any moral high ground. This about someone being an idiot. Unfortunately there is likely an element of racism in this story.

(Pavil this isnt directed at you)
Again, not about any moral high ground but this women doesn't get an automatic pass just because she's black. If she did that would be beyond absurd but I guess anything goes these days.
edit on 30-3-2016 by s3cz0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Leonidas was neither ignorant or trolling or hypocrite with his post.

His comment is simply about style.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Yep. She was acting like a jerk. My only reason for posting in this thread was that I don't know as some one acting like a jerk is cause to bring the action into focus on a conspiracy forum. Seems to me that doing that is acting in a jerky fashion itself.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

How about 2 students "conspiring" to illegally detain another student?

There's a conspiracy for ya........

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
a reply to: chuck258

Leonidas was neither ignorant or trolling or hypocrite with his post.

His comment is simply about style.

I'm leaning towards trolling because his post was reminiscent of that of a 15 year old teenage girl. Trolling because in adult conversation (like we have most of the time on ATS), insults about a persons physical appearance (if they are not part of the topic being discussed) are simply trolls who had no sustenance to the conversation and only serve to irritate other posters trying to have a "real" discussion (as real as you can get on an anonymous internet forum).

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

How about 2 students "conspiring" to illegally detain another student?

There's a conspiracy for ya........

Now, if only we could mix Trump into the equation.......

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I've seen plenty of white dudes looking fine with dreads.C'mon Spider surely you don"t really think Only black or colored dudes look good with dreads? It usually looks better on darker colors of hair to me personally but i've seen whites of both genders carry it off real well.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Next she'll be harassing white guys for having "nappy" pubes.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Here's a serious update for you. Majority of blacks do not agree with her behavior. Before you group us all together know that maybe some of us would have told her a** to STFU and go on about her business.

And here is another way too sensitive feminine American Male. You butt hurt cause the girl don't want a white boy rocking dreadlocks? How you think we feel when we're told we can't wear braids, afros, dreadlocks or certain hairstyles?

BTW your skirt is up
edit on 30-3-2016 by sk126 because: typo and grammar

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Subsequently the female and her male friend verbally/physically going at this white male student, have now, according to this video, deleted all their social media accounts, even her parents. LOL.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

Awww someone is too weak for Backlash.

Lets hope this calms your stupidity in the future, some how I seriously doubt it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It's probably because of the irony and shame that these people feel when it finally clicks that they use the same tactics as the Sturmabteilung (Brown Shirts) of 1930's Germany. Cultural Appropriating was a big deal to them too.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join