It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black campus employee assaults student for "culture appropriation" at SFSU

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Is Eric Clapton racist? Are The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin racist? It's going to get to where any sort of rock and roll is considered racist. Can you imagine? Our society was more progressive 40-50 years ago.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Klassified
No. We are not all racist....

Yes, we are.
It is hard-wired!
We are either recovering, or we are practicing!
Denial = practicing!

According to science were not racist. were ethnecist. Theres only one race on this planet.

Yes, I understand about 'one race' = human, thank you.
Do you really not understand what I wrote?
It is so simple, unless we are in denial...

Isnt de nile a river in egypt? lol. What i wa s getting at is to overcome racism we have to each individually recognize its manufactured and actually change it in our own lives to effect others to change their way o fthinking as well. Sure I didnt say that but thats what Im trying to do when i say were not "racist"

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's really simple I don't get why none of you can get it.

"My culture is mine and belongs to me, if you try to encroach on my culture then you're a racist".

"Your culture cannot be denied to me, if you try to keep it to yourself then you're a racist".

In other words, do what I say or I'll call you a racist and violence against you is justified - because you're an evil nazi racist.

Of course, this only works one way around.

If you say or do anything against me, if you lay your hands on me like I did to him, if you say anything about me like I did to him, if you make derogatory comments about me like I did to him - then you're an evil nazi racist and you're going to jail.

But when I do it - it's okay, because he's white, and he's an evil nazi racist.

Here endeth the lesson of why Humans are not just plain old stupid, but actually an aberration of nature that Mother Earth will fix double quick, in the grand scheme of things.

We'll all be long gone because boy, are we the dumbest intelligent mother feckers walking around on this big old rock, or what?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Is Eric Clapton racist? Are The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin racist? It's going to get to where any sort of rock and roll is considered racist. Can you imagine? Our society was more progressive 40-50 years ago.

Rock and Roll is the perfect example of what happens when little hipster twats aren't allowed to be taken seriously and cultural exchange happens. Rock is the hybrid child of white culture (folk, country, etc) and black culture (blues, jazz, etc) mixed in a pot and voila..you got brilliance.

these tween morons are basically trying to stop the new rock and roll from being created.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You haven't done anything wrong, it's important to have some background to the story to give it context.

I suppose it's the invasiveness of celebrity culture I have an issue with...the public's need to go paparazzi on their fellow citizens and expose them when we all do dumb sh×t occasionally and could just as easily fall victim to it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
yeah she was so scary . im so glad he made it out of there safe with his life. hahaha
edit on 03pm33America/Chicago3126k by magnetik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

sorry bro, black people dont get locks by not washing their hair. its actually the opposite. deny ignorance

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
sorry bro, black people dont get locks by not washing their hair. its actually the opposite. deny ignorance

Neither do caucasians.

If you are doing it right, it always starts with clean, dry hair. Preferably knot free.

It is rather disgusting how some people do it though...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: magnetik

No your right. I just learned something. Dreadlocks don't come from not bathing they come from never brushing, combing your hair. I'm pretty sure no culture on earth has a monopoly on that.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: Spider879

I've seen plenty of white dudes looking fine with dreads.C'mon Spider surely you don"t really think Only black or colored dudes look good with dreads? It usually looks better on darker colors of hair to me personally but i've seen whites of both genders carry it off real well.

I agree whole heartily,anyone should rock whatever style or fashion they so choose...I think there is a word for that..ah yes..personal ...FREEDOM!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If someone attempts to assault me for any reason, they better be okay with eating through a straw.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Dreads for blacks come from Rastafarian tradition because Jewish heroes Sampson and Judah had Dreads.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Not real police but campus police.

But yeah. Personally i would not have done that.
I guess the viral s-storm will be enough punishment for the woman.

47sec of stupidity on tape - and there goes the job chances.

I am glad that back in my university days were no cameras around. :-)

I wouldnt have called the police either, but I'm sure someone would have after I broke her nose for yanking my arm.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

The interview with the guy is quite eye opening. He seems fully able to hold a conversation and acted nothing like he did in the video which would indicate it was a deliberate choice to be that way.

More to the point, if he feels he has to dumb himself down, talk in ebonics and wildly gesticulate in order to communicate with a black woman that works at his university I would posit that he's every bit as racist as she's being made out to be.

She's unprofessional and nosey, his issues are much more deep rooted and questionable.

His "wild gesticulations" are common in the human race when in a heated arguement and can not by any means be attributed to any single culture anymore than you can attribute "wild gesticulations" to a single species of monkey when they yell and scream.

Conversly, one wouldnt expect a person to "wildly gesticulate" while in a calm atmosphere and in a peaceful state of mind.

"She's unprofessional and nosey, his issues are much more deep rooted and questionable."

That's really cool that you can diagnose someone as having issues from a 40 second video all based on his gesticulations.

Further, you have also diagnosed the woman in the video as having issues and have calculated the severity of their issues and concluded that his isseus are "far more deep rooted and questionable".

It is obvious you are siding with the female when clearly she is in the wrong in this situation.

That says a lot about you, and I don't need to see your gesticulations to read inbetween your lines.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

a reply to: eluryh22

I'm not saying he is acting like another race, I am saying he's playing out an exaggerated caricature of a stereotype of a race which is patronising to any self respecting black person.

You could argue this.

And i can argue that his gestures are natural and are an expression of his personality and of which is a byproduct of his personality of which he aquired from being a product of his environment.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The incident strikes me as a whole lot of nothing to see here. So I'm going to move along

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

If you want to choose to ignore everything else to focus on the 2 words "wildly gesticulate" in order to make a point that is up to you. I feel I made my observations and the reasoning behind them clear enough throughout this thread and see no point in reiterating them.

What is the environment this guy is a product of that you've managed to ascertain from the 40 second video that you made an effort to point out and what was the reasoning behind your insightful deduction if this is to be viewed as less assumptive than anything I've said?

I am not on anybodys side. I am simply bored of groups of white people screaming racism and oppression over what amounts to a pathetic encounter between 3 harmless idiots when there are actual serious examples of racism against all people, including whites that happen. If you wish to take something as trivial as this as some sort of invitation to the pity party then feel free. To me its exactly the same thing as what the social justice warriors are accused of doing.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3

originally posted by: grainofsand

Maybe it was the overexaggerated gesticulation that screamed middle class and the "yo yo" crap that annoyed her. Have your hair however you want but don't expect to walk around as some kind of patronising living caricature and not have people think you're a moron. Especially at a university.

If you white people are happy to claim this guy then go ahead. Personally my white side is more than a little embarrassed by it.

I thought similar, and chuckled at the use of the word assault, I would have loved the assaults I've dealt with in my life to be as severe as that guy's.

Seriously, he's not a Trump campaign manager. Calling this assault is a stretch

You're right, it was straight-up bullying. This is what a bully looks like. Grabbing his hand and saying "stop touching me stop touching me" is hardly any different from the game bullies play with their victims of "hey, stop hitting yourself *swing your own hand against your face* stop hitting yourself stop hitting yourself". Its sad people need bullies to be pointed out to them now.
And not just a bully, but a racist one at that. Blatantly obvious racism.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Take a deep breath, sit and think really hard if you TRULY like every single member of your 'group', be it racial, religious, ethnic, national, political, etc.

Think about a world where only your group would exist. And every other person from other groups you have ever liked, would be gone.

Imagine a world where only green people lived.

How long would it take before the tall green people decided short green people were inferior and should be eliminated?

And.. When tall green people were the only ones left...

How long before tall green people with green eyes would decide tall green people with eyes other than green should die?

And... When tall green people with green eyes were the only ones left...

How long before tall green people with green eyes would decide that tall green people with green eyes and big ears were aliens trying to take over the planet and should be eliminated?

And so on... and on....

Tribalism, Nationalism, Extremism, Racism, Fanaticism...

All the ISMs are what make this world suck so much!

Next time you find yourself bitchin' about someone else, imagine a future with only members of your own group. Do you think your problems would go away?

Go against the way things are and look at individuals, not groups. You will feel much better about yourself and human kind in general.

Let the haters destroy themselves with their hate.

Peace
edit on 1-4-2016 by Xaume because: Too long.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Alien Abduct

If you want to choose to ignore everything else to focus on the 2 words "wildly gesticulate" in order to make a point that is up to you. I feel I made my observations and the reasoning behind them clear enough throughout this thread and see no point in reiterating them.

What is the environment this guy is a product of that you've managed to ascertain from the 40 second video that you made an effort to point out and what was the reasoning behind your insightful deduction if this is to be viewed as less assumptive than anything I've said?

I am not on anybodys side. I am simply bored of groups of white people screaming racism and oppression over what amounts to a pathetic encounter between 3 harmless idiots when there are actual serious examples of racism against all people, including whites that happen. If you wish to take something as trivial as this as some sort of invitation to the pity party then feel free. To me its exactly the same thing as what the social justice warriors are accused of doing.

Your claim of the "white privileged" wildely gesticulation" guy being the provocateur in the situation by way of him moving about his arms in a manner of what you perceive to be as a rasicest stereotype of a certain race is very much the root of your arguement weather you would like to ignore it or not (which you did completely after making your assumptions).... which is he shouldnt wear his hair that way and he should just cut his hair and blend in with the rest of his "white privileged" peers so that he doesn't have to deal with the berating of the lower class of people that actually do experience the oppression of the upper class of the "white privileged" ones. Please detail me the "everything else" I chose to ignore?

You talk this line of "strawmen" arguements but thats all you do. Your entire arguement is of a strawman.

Because when i show that your argument is essentially based on two words you beat around the bush like a politician and try to turn it into another arguement.

I stand by what i said in my previous posts and I think I have just clarified your arguement where you have failed repeatedly ( and purposely) in yours.

"What is the environment this guy is a product of that you've managed to ascertain from the 40 second video that you made an effort to point out and what was the reasoning behind your insightful deduction if this is to be viewed as less assumptive than anything I've said?"

This is not my actual argument because I dont know the guy or his background( i was being facetious). But you seem to based on the fact you have cited all of the documents, depositions and factoids necessary for the identifying of his personality traits and cultural roots.

I was making a mockery of your assumption.

"I am simply bored of groups of white people screaming racism and oppression over what amounts to a pathetic encounter between 3 harmless idiots when there are actual serious examples of racism against all people, including whites that happen."

Well if you were so bored of such trivializing matters then why waste your time posting here in an attempt to bulster your racist perspective?

" If you wish to take something as trivial as this as some sort of invitation to the pity party then feel free."

I pity you and all the other hypocritical strawman racists. Yeah you read that right.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join