It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black campus employee assaults student for "culture appropriation" at SFSU

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
She may be offside, but good lord is there anything more gross and pathetic than a white dude in dredlocks? lol

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Awesome, I was just about to post a very similar message. As stupid as this whole incident is it is not book definition "racism".
People throw that term around WAY to loosely. It has diminished the effectiveness of the word and is basically a language wide version of the "boy who cried Wolf". It is meaningless. It has been watered down to mean anyone who disagrees with someone who is not white.

Racism is the belief in the inherent supremacy of one race over others.

This video is a clear demonstration of the complex snow globe that our universities have become. A little shake up and its a completely different climate than reality inside them. This world inside the glass is not real. The relationships, hierarchies and interactions have no bearing on the nature of those same situations outside of the glass. In the real world this whole idea of "cultural appropriation" is confined to the garbage can of ideas because its garbage. Keep your nose out of other peoples business. If they want to look like a tool bag its not your place to get in their face and tell them they are a tool bag. She is lucky she didn't get a Glock stuck in her grill.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

I am with you on the hairstyle - it looks sh..abby.

But to answer your question:

is there anything more gross and pathetic than a white dude in dredlocks?

Unfortunately there is something more gross and pathetic than a white dude in dreads: Bronies.

Something i discovered just recently and i am still shaking heads.
And i don't know what culture they would be appropriate to.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

The interview with the guy is quite eye opening. He seems fully able to hold a conversation and acted nothing like he did in the video which would indicate it was a deliberate choice to be that way.

More to the point, if he feels he has to dumb himself down, talk in ebonics and wildly gesticulate in order to communicate with a black woman that works at his university I would posit that he's every bit as racist as she's being made out to be.

She's unprofessional and nosey, his issues are much more deep rooted and questionable.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
The interview with the guy is quite eye opening. He seems fully able to hold a conversation and acted nothing like he did in the video which would indicate it was a deliberate choice to be that way.

Comparing how a person reacts in a situation versus how they react after time to sit, think, and process, is always folly.

As for how he speaks...he has the right to speak however he wishes. She has the right to call him out on it.

Neither have the right to touch each other over it.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Its not folly if the logical reasoning for it is that his behavior varies dependent on the company he's in. Its actually quite telling about his preconceptions, his approach to communicating with other races and the level of intelligence he attributes to a person in a given encounter.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Its not folly if the logical reasoning for it is that his behavior varies dependent on the company he's in. Its actually quite telling about his preconceptions, his approach to communicating with other races and the level of intelligence he attributes to a person in a given encounter.

Except your argument does not follow logic, it follows your assumption. Which is precisely why it is folly to compare the two.

When the original video was made, he was more likely to be acting as he always actually acts. This is logic. He was, if events are to be believed at face value, unaware that this situation was going to take place, and would have responded more on instinct than thought.

The second video is after he has had time to think, has been spoken to by police, and has probably even been coached to some extent by legal parties. It is illogical to assume that the second video shows what hes is actually like on a day to day basis.

So, logic would follow that his 'dumbed down version' is how he actually is.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Do we really need more evidence of racism rearing its ugly head?
Truth is, everybody is a racist....its a part of our psyche....
Some can control their urges better than others that's all....what a crock of divisive crap.....
You are ALL racists.....its natural....the rest is all social engineering ....

it's NOT racist to congregate with other persons who look like/ have the same opinions / have the same ethics
as yourself

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Video isn't working now but I assume she was wearing Western style clothing. How dare she appropriate Western culture! The horror!

This is getting way out of hand. The women should be fired and this should be called what it clearly is; racism. That likely won't happen though. I'm so sick of the different standards for different groups of people. If the roles were reversed there would be protests, riots and people demanding their own safe spaces. This is absurdity. On the other hand the professor that called for some "muscle" to remove a journalist on another campus was fired IIRC.

What a sad state of affairs. This society is going to hell in a hand basket and we can thank out of control political correctness. I mean seriously; WTF?!?!?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

I would say he reacted good in the incident as well.
He was constantly trying to deescalate.

In the reactions video he mentions that the woman followed and harrased him already before the incident and he wanted to walk away. She followed him over two stairs. Then the video of the incident starts.

So my interpretation of his body language is not "ebonic" as you put it, but just getting angry about being harrassed.

Any person (including myself) would at this point go to something like "get the eff out of my face". But he still keeps it calm and rational.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: s3cz0ne

Yes she was wearing "western style clothing" skinny jeans and an orange sweater. Her friend was wearing a trenchcoat, some commenter on youtube described him as "Gay looking inspector gadget".

EDIT/ADDITION: Which is fully OK, she was born and raised in the US, so wearing "western style clothing" is fully OK.
As is wearing dreads. If it woud have been a fashion standoff she would definetly win against dreadlock man.

If you want to see the video, i posted it again page 8, or else just search for "SFSU dreadlocks" already tons of versions, memes and reaction videos online.

This thing went bigger than i expected.
edit on 30-3-2016 by svetlana84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
a reply to: chrismarco

Who is "we" ?

Really? Who is we? Who the hell do you think...now you are just trolling..unless you are from another planet we refers to human beings...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

No i was not trolling.

I really did not understand if you mean "we" as ATS Members, or as students, or americans, or white/blacks.

Thanks for having cleared that up.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
She may be offside, but good lord is there anything more gross and pathetic than a white dude in dredlocks? lol

No it all depends on their personal out look.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Here's the thing about idiots, you can always count on an idiot to act like an idiot.

This woman obviously falls into the "idiot category".
Racist? Well of course she is. She's an idiot.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Is she racist, really? This lady is out of the closet bigtime. She does not hide it she is a bigot, racist and only half black by the looks of it. When she started saying don't touch me I am certain the next thing coming that guys way would have been a fist or three. Simple battery for sure, and the only reason some prosecutor has not stepped in is because she is black. Like you said reverse the roles.

Disgusting at best, the state of our nation at worst

Hey man any of you guys wanna go out an frame some white guys?
edit on 30-3-2016 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
How is it that 'racism' has become the blunt instrument of the second decade of the 21st century?

If I may, let me fall back to my first comment here...

"Political Correctness does not allow racism to be more than a one-way street... which is unfortunate because it exists at every level, with every ethnicity. It is something that, I hope, we outgrow and evolve beyond because failing that, the only word to be applied, is 'hypocrisy'."

Linky: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Human beings of all colors and ethnicity have lived on this planet since... well, before we had what is today described as... politics.

So, here's a question; if all of humanity could be painted purple, would that solve the issue?

Best to all

edit on 30-3-2016 by redoubt because: brbble

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Why are black people claiming stuff... this who appropriation stuff is getting out of hands.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
this is Normal for folks of this age (college age or 18-23) they lack life experience. Which causes a lack in Depth Perception, She can only see to the depth of his hair. (cultural appropriation) All he can see is "Pysco-black" and "Women". (he can only see to the depth of her skin color and gender) Neither of these people have the life experience so see the Depth of the person behind the hair or skin color. this is called "wisdom" it usually comes with age but there is no guarantee.

if you add just 10 years more life experience to each of these people, this would never have happened.

Also, in 100 years, not one person will care> so how important is this??

edit on 30-3-2016 by thedigirati because: spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01

Racism is the belief in the inherent supremacy of one race over others.

Exactly. Her black skin gave her supremacy over this lowly white person who dares sport a hairstyle she deemed not fit for white people.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join