It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black campus employee assaults student for "culture appropriation" at SFSU

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaphneApollo

Subsequently the female and her male friend verbally/physically going at this white male student, have now, according to this video, deleted all their social media accounts, even her parents. LOL.

So, its their aim then to make a false narrative for fame and fortune as a victim of racism in san francisco.
...isnt this also known as tuesday over there?

These asses are desperate to resurrect the worst aspects of racism that up until perhaps 2010/12ish era was drifting into obscurity and irrelevance.
my contempt for "pro"gressive activism by todays youth grows
If there is legit racial issues going on, by all means shine a big spotlight on them regardless of color..but this is capitalizing on a narrative being pushed. I am simply waiting for the final shoe to drop and progressives decide white people need to be shipped back to europe..go full circle.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Ha, what a freakshow nightmare, all the cracker mericuns coming back TO DI MOTHALAND...

i'm sure we will be welcomed with open yams.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
I can virtually guarantee that had she instead calmly approached him and said something along the lines of, "Hey. Is it alright if I talk to you for a minute?" and then sat down with him calmly and proceeded to say, "I respect your right to do what you want with your own body and apparel, and I'm not calling you a bad person or a racist person, but here's how this makes me feel, and here's why, and I just needed you to hear that, and at least think about it, regardless of your intentions, because it's easy for you to say this shouldn't be a big deal, but to me - to us - it is, because (insert history of misappropriation and oppression,)" this would not be the viral controversy it now is.

Oh dear god just STOP.

I've been a supporter of the premise behind things like BLM, because I do very adamantly believe racism is alive and well in this country, and that intersectional oppression exists and matters and needs to be addressed and talked about.

INTERSECTIONAL OPPRESSION????!!?!??

PFFTTT......

LOL, what are you on? If you can't grow one, maybe start looking for a prosthetic spinal implant.

Big words and pseudo-intellectualism is all you over-diploma'd SJW types are made up of. Utterly substance-less.

Have you ever built anything? I mean seriously here, have you ever created a damn thing in your entire life? A birdhouse, a paper-mache animal? How bout a shed, a house, a bicycle, a wood cart, a go-kart, a racecar. Ever dug a pond, or planted a garden? Built a company? An industry?

See here's the thing: People like myself actually CREATE. We build every goddamn thing in the world that people like yourself ride on, use up and tear down all while you vilify the ones who create everything you ever touch! Further whilst playing the victim and blaming everyone and everything else for your problems.

PS- the victim in the video is just as much of a useless twat as the aggressor was LOL

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
In my experience people who walk around thinking they are perpetual victims are some of the most dangerous people around. Thier "victimhood" gives them license to be vicious.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

i have to disagree. this is racism because she and her friend approached this with gleeful maliciousness. this wasnt "Hey you cant do that" or "I dont appreciate that". this was "Lets go get that muther lover"

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Cultural appropriation is a myth, but also an oxymoron created by liberals. While the liberals want a multicultural society, but then say one culture can't have what other cultures have. It doesn't and can't work that way.

It has gotten quite ridiculous on university campuses. Most of the sjw stories I read about now show one thing to me: these particular kids don't have a mentality that of a college aged student. Maybe they should return to kindergarten. I taught English to kindergarten classes and the mentality comparison is not actually very far off.

Nobody owns rights to clothes, food, hairstyles, words, hats, styles, etc, unless they trademarked it. It is dumb to claim otherwise.

Culture has been SHARED since the beginning of time and will continue until the end of time.

On a funny note, I do find it humorous that most everyone claiming CA is using the English language and they are not from England nor Germany...haha. I am both. Stop using my ancestor's language!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk126
a reply to: svetlana84

Here's a serious update for you. Majority of blacks do not agree with her behavior. Before you group us all together know that maybe some of us would have told her a** to STFU and go on about her business.

And here is another way too sensitive feminine American Male. You butt hurt cause the girl don't want a white boy rocking dreadlocks? How you think we feel when we're told we can't wear braids, afros, dreadlocks or certain hairstyles?

BTW your skirt is up

Never once have I seen someone told they "can't wear braids, afros dreadlocks or certain hairstyles" - outside of a situation in which some crazy white person wearing a mohawk, rainbow colored or let down long hair. These are primarily professional situations and also are at times practical. You can't wear a construction helmet if you have an afro or mohawk. Most people are a lot less likely to buy a product or service from some guy with long hair and a scraggly beard. I don't know if I could seriously take orders (lets say police) if they had rainbow hair.

You're not being targeted any more than White people who do loud things with their hair. It's called professionalism.

Also, I would say their are likely more scenarios in which the "black" hairstyles you mentioned could be allowed where exception to a "white" hairstyle would not be made. I've seen many professional black women wearing . . . . . every style you've mentioned. Granted I may not work in a big corporate big whigs office, but I've had former managers that were black females that wore their hair in an Afro style, and this was almost a decade ago, I can assume it has only gotten better since then.

. . . . yeah, the more I type and google these styles you mentioned, the more I want to call bulls*** on what you are talking about. I have literally seen black people wearing every hair style you mentioned in professional settings. Outliers don't count. Regardless of race, and just like a white person who has hair every color of the freaking rainbow, it would be hard to take someone with an afro that is 2-3 feet in diameter. To that I have to say: Welcome to the real world, where people are expected to maintain appearances.
edit on 31-3-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I really didnt read all the pages, but if white stoner dudes cant have dreads, can black women still wear weave? I mean half the time it's asian hair... so gets really appropriated heh.

Or is it only white cis males that can appropriate trying figure this out.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

The problem here is not that she feels dreadlocks on a non-African American is cultural misappropriation. It's perfectly fine to believe that. I actually think there's even some (some) validity to that,

No, there is no validity to it objectively. Cultural misappropriation isn't a thing. some years back it was called cultural exchange. wearing a kimono, having dreads, wearing green on st pattys day, etc. all are designed as a fun expression of other cultures...this is desirable and no more or less offensive than a japanese person wearing blue jeans or a cowboy hat.
I dare anyone to go over to japan and start pulling japanese people aside for wearing jeans and demand they change because of muh white culture.
no
you are falling for xenophobic racists pretending to be progressives and fanning the flames of racial tensions for their goals.

although that is clearly not the intent of this individual imo.

Actually it doesn't matter what his intent was..simple fact is he has the freedom to express his individuality in any way he pleases.
That is part of western culture..that is basically our only main aspect of our culture...our freedom of expression.
So forget going to japan to tell japanese ppl to stop wearing bluejeans..this is more akin to going to japan and telling them to stop eating sushi or honoring the family. demanding people stop practicing the core of the culture

engage them in polite debate about the fact that you feel that way.

I think after I discussed the concept of western civilization with said respectful individuals asking me nicely to stop expressing myself, I would then discuss various gases my body lets out after meals and how it makes me feel..with equal caring no doubt.

It's okay to walk up to him and respectfully and civilly say, "This causes me pain and makes me feel (insert emotion) because of X."

Therapists are actually afforable in group plans. I hear many universities are now basically therapy circles. surely some sort of arrangment can be made.

this would not be the viral controversy it now is.

also such civil discourse would be met with a opposing view that would make her back down and reconsider her viewpoint..and then she would stop being such a victim and wonder why she is being pushed as some racial tension tool by her supposed educators

I've been a supporter of the premise behind things like BLM, because I do very adamantly believe racism is alive and well in this country,

name a single law that effects only one skintone

and that intersectional oppression exists and matters and needs to be addressed and talked about.

name one law that is targetted against: women, trans, qgbt, otter-kins, aliens, monsters, etc.

But I've also said time and time again that any protest, any movement, any force for change, must have the moral authority

no..no it doesn't. moral authority? wtaf?!
a movement needs to have a specific goal based on equality. a point targeted legality in sight. what is needed is to flush morality in exchange for principles of a society.
a society of equality means legal equality, not equality of outcome. there should be no rules holding anyone back based on race, sex, orientation, body hair, etc etc..all can achieve or fail depending on their will, a lot of luck, and perhaps some money, but point is, no rules holding anyone down.
We can make cases for some legal quagmires in the gay and trans community at the moment, but its rapidly becoming equal there also once the marriage stuff gets sorted (and like..prison bathrooms n such)

The rest was emotional stuff that isn't relevant.

What you are seeing then (to go back a bit) isn't a racist america, nor a institutional racism being practiced. those things for the most part dont exist (points to the black president, plenty of colors in the house, senate, business owners, millionare clubs, etc). What does exist are racist individuals, sure..of course..plenty of those twats around still, of all colors. blacks hating whites, whites hating blacks, browns hating yellows, yellows hating reds, reds hating everyone, etc..its all dumb, but that isn't the institution, or the nation..thats just some idiots.
And we have laws in place to make sure their dumbasses dont use their personal bigotry and racism to rule the public sector (gotta be civil in society)

you know what does make a white man racist though? being told day in and out that his life doesn't matter (say all lives matter at a black lives matter rally). telling a white man he should feel pain and guilt for being born white. For saying he has toxic "whiteness" and if he tries to counter, he is "whitesplaining". Telling everyone who isn't white that you cant be racist towards white people because racism requires something like..privilege plus power..so you can be as ugly, hateful, and intolerant to a white person if you want..its good for them..they earned it because of slavery and..stuff
Having major news and media outlets try to hire a black person so wildly racist, so filled with the most bile you can imagine, to speak about race issues.

(why bring that guy up? because huffpo tried to hire him. he refused because it was the white man trying to buy him)

yeah..that will certainly keep racism very ripe...keep pushing someone in a corner and poking them with sticks, then wait for the inevitable breakdown and reaction..then use that to fuel the flames
That is demonstrated in the video of the ops..sure..but its not the one off..its the damn norm

progressive cancer is destroying the liberal identity of this country. reject it. cast it off as the blind racist cultism that it has become. You can care for your fellow human being by being helpful, not reminding black people they should feel angry and isolated, or telling white people they probably hate blacks because..slavery and privilege or something.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I really didnt read all the pages, but if white stoner dudes cant have dreads, can black women still wear weave?

Lets ask blonde Beyonce

She says wear what you want and be happy with cultural exchange and sharing.

Indian Beyonce agrees.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sk126

a reply to: svetlana84 Here's a serious update for you. Majority of blacks do not agree with her behavior. Before you group us all together know that maybe some of us would have told her a** to STFU and go on about her business. And here is another way too sensitive feminine American Male. You butt hurt cause the girl don't want a white boy rocking dreadlocks? How you think we feel when we're told we can't wear braids, afros, dreadlocks or certain hairstyles? BTW your skirt is up

I never did group all blacks together, it s obviously the action of one individual.

and it s not about exchanging views, it s the violence that upsets me. Come up to me and discuss all about my style, my fashion, my behaviour. I am up for it.

As soon as you lay hands on me you overstep a line.

In my books everyone should wear whatever they want. Even the bronies: in my eyes a silly style. But each to it s own. I would never ever lay hands on someone over fashion or hairstyle.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: namelesss

No. We are not all racist....

Yes, we are.
It is hard-wired!
We are either recovering, or we are practicing!
Denial = practicing!

Then we agree to disagree.

= practicing.
The evidence of all the threads always presents the truth.
Seeds planted in the dark of night always sprout in the light of day!
Many like boils...

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. Ayn Rand

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: namelesss

No. We are not all racist....

Yes, we are.
It is hard-wired!
We are either recovering, or we are practicing!
Denial = practicing!

According to science were not racist. were ethnecist. Theres only one race on this planet.

Yes, I understand about 'one race' = human, thank you.
Do you really not understand what I wrote?
It is so simple, unless we are in denial...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

She be weavin'.

edit: I totally forgot about gay black hitler. Or as he calls it same gender loving??? or sumthin

haha black hitler done got him a white slave;

edit on 31-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

As I stated previously, I don't believe in cultural appropriation. I am only posting this for the humorous irony.

The 3rd guy in the video, the accomplice of the girl with the trench like coat on, has some splainin to do (Desi Arnez voice).

First, it was reported that he accosted another white woman for having bags from Central America and was trying to explain how it was CA.

Ok ok...here is the funny ironic part...

The guys name is public now and he has deleted all of his social media accounts, but he still has a facebook account. Here is one of his pictures I found...I swear, I can't make this stuff up.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
All I saw were 3 idiots, the woman for defining a hairstyle as culture who actually is told by the white guy that it goes back to Greece in the video. The trench coat guy that after looking at his profile looks to be gay so should already know what oppression again a person is and not get caught up in petty squabbles over hair and lastly the white guy spouting otherwise brainless street speak.

Personally, if she works there then a manager should be giving her a firm warning for assault and attempting to create hate speech / issue surrounding it.

Look, I came to London from Belfast in Northern Ireland, because of how old I am I'd never seen a person of any other skin tone in the flesh or even in colour pictures, I had no preconceptions or family based hatred of other races so when I arrived I met black people, Indian people etc etc, it was a new experience but all I wanted was people to treat me how I'd treat them. I made some great friends but was disgusted by the way mostly white families spread hatred toward black folks throughout the generations, thankfully I also watched that over the 70and 80's grow less and less and for the most part here in the UK people simply got on or avoided each other, the animosity was much lower.

Sadly I've watched the US black population destroy themselves and then throw the race card in to the mix, like it or not we ALL had a choice in the West, you took education and self development first and tried your best to improve yourself, so its shocking to see poor black America basically opt out and go for the entitlement culture in so many cases these days. Now I see a build up of the old hatred on both sides but from where I sit its black America that is ramping it up more.

MLK would be spinning like a top if you go for that belief system, its a total annoyance to someone like me who wasn't brought up with race / sexual hatred, we had enough with the religious hatred in Ireland, now that is some thing I saw first hand and the reason my family left Ireland, it was that or be killed, now it seems like every one wants to kill us!

Paul.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gator2001

As I stated previously, I don't believe in cultural appropriation. I am only posting this for the humorous irony.

The 3rd guy in the video, the accomplice of the girl with the trench like coat on, has some splainin to do (Desi Arnez voice).

First, it was reported that he accosted another white woman for having bags from Central America and was trying to explain how it was CA.

Ok ok...here is the funny ironic part...

The guys name is public now and he has deleted all of his social media accounts, but he still has a facebook account. Here is one of his pictures I found...I swear, I can't make this stuff up.

It gets better and better as concentrated stupid strikes again. This squawman pic should accompany the video as part of an appended bio of the two CA clowns and should include a bio of the dreadlocked Gesticulator with some douchebag rap doggerel playing in the background.
Every time anyone in the world drops their pants, they are appropriating precious cultural style.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It seems to me like she may have been looking for trouble, but regardless, the guy was being nice and civil and she grabbed him. I understand all of the racism in the past and present but her culture is not being appropriated because some white guy has dreads. Even if it was specifically her culture, as long as the guy acknowledges that and appreciates the culture, I don't see it as cultural appropriation. But my opinion as a white male probably does carry very much weight on this topic.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
As a side note... I think it's a bit unfair that everybody involved has been forced into the public as some kind of celebrity circus with people bombarding their Facebook accounts, pushing them to go on tv and digging up dirt on them. The situation was apparently resolved. I even feel sorry for the white kid in this regard.

I guess you just can't risk being a dick anymore in case someone with a camera happens to catch it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

That's a good point.

my decision was to post the video to start a discusssion.

And i am very glad it went very civilised so far - kudos to you all.

I drawed the line at posting names. I personally find it important to have the names for background research and i have done the research and have a lot of info of all the three persons involved (plus a roommate of the woman).

Everyone who is interested can find this info online. But i did not wanted to post names, because nowadays that can do a lot of damage.

I don't want to be responsible for people who would use these infos to make death threats or worse.

Also, being from an older generation i am on the fence about that everything is videotaped everywhere.
Sometimes it s very good, for instance when filming police misconduct.
Sometimes it s very bad, especially when there are parts of an incident missing, i.e. what lead to the incident.

There are also levels of "privacy". when i posted it i assumed the woman was employed by SFSU. (video title said it, her social media profiles supported it.)
In this case it would have been an official person at her job at her employers place.

As the story evolved it turned out she did some projects for Student associations and another organisation on campus. But she is not employed by the SFSU.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join