It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black campus employee assaults student for "culture appropriation" at SFSU

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
a reply to: svetlana84

I wouldn't hire her either. She could have quite easily chosen to remain professional and just left the guy alone.

Maybe she acted a little foolish but she wasn't really out of control. As I just wrote in response to another post, it really sucks that should people interviewing her in the future do a search of her name/school, they will find this. I'm not sure how old she is but she appears young enough that it would be a shame if this would cause her too much trouble in the future (assuming she grows and learns like many people do from that age moving forward).

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

a reply to: eluryh22

If you refer back to the first page some other idiot made the comment about blacks acting white and directed it towards me, I was referencing it. Those weren't my words either but you can probably see the pitfalls now in addressing it and understand my reticence in doing so again.

I only quoted your words when I made quotes. (Unless you were repeating other people's words without the quotes to make a point.... which just sort of dawned on me).

It's no big deal though. I appreciate the fact that you and I can talk or debate or argue or whatever and act decent to each other. Some other folks on here could take a lesson from that.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
news flash white people get dreadlocks for the same reason everyone else does. from not washing your hair.

it's in most cultures. from ancient and modern day India to the Aztecs to the greek. even black people have them.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

No point ever getting mad in a debate, I enjoyed it actually. Take care dude.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

No point ever getting mad in a debate, I enjoyed it actually. Take care dude.

Until next time....

Be well.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
news flash white people get dreadlocks for the same reason everyone else does. from not washing your hair.

it's in most cultures. from ancient and modern day India to the Aztecs to the greek. even black people have them.

Bull chips!! locs are twisted and initially kept in place by bees wax, yes it can get matted due to not washing..phew!!,however curly hair is the easiest to make into locs, the recipe for intentionally locking hair goes back to ancient Nile Valley where they used the same process,

edit on 29-3-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Gothmog,

Unfortunately she'll probably get tenure!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

I dunno, name one and I'll tell you what I think.

Black people straightening and dying their hair blond.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
No. We are not all racist....

Yes, we are.
It is hard-wired!
We are either recovering, or we are practicing!
Denial = practicing!

edit on 30-3-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Cultural appropriation? Let's start with electricity. Architecture. Engineering. Science. Medicine. Philosophy. Oh, and how about CLOTHING?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Someone should tell her I went and done appropriated me a black woman for the last 3 years.

What a stupid waste of time and carbon.

AND I GOT NO PLANS ON STOPPING MY APPROPRIATION

edit on 30-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Haha, this young lady is really just too full of herself in her attacks on liberty. The young man should have simply responded "Get away from me you crazy racist bitch!" A least he was smart enough to just leave. What an agitator. I believe she may be a communist ...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Actually saw the video, what an annoying #.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Klassified
No. We are not all racist....

Yes, we are.
It is hard-wired!
We are either recovering, or we are practicing!
Denial = practicing!

According to science were not racist. were ethnecist. Theres only one race on this planet.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Gothmog

You're cute, but your profile says you are from "Hotlanta." Is that in Georgia?

You have no business slamming California for anything. Georgia is the 11th most dependent state on Federal dollars, and California is the 46th.

That means you take more from the government than you pay in taxes.

Welfare states don't get to make wild accusations about California being in the "real world." Your whole house of cards would collapse entirely without donor states like California who subsidize your lifestyle.

Did you really put that much effort into your response.

Should I post the "let it go" video from Frozen for you?

A true California girl (northern, not southern) like myself would totally let that roll right off me. But the transplanted Texas Rose I have become would look you straight in eye and say full of sass "Well bless your heart"

Back on topic, this woman must be exhausted. In San Francisco, lots of "non black" people sporting dreds. Wonder how many she bothered.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I guess since I'm a head banger I should kick the S##T out of all blonde black people and those with straight long hair THAT is of white origin... NOT!
Keep your paws to yourself.
She would have fallen down from being knocked out.
It's easy to do without causing TOO much harm.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Abysha

Aside from her essentially assaulting this kid, she's actually not 100% correct about the cultural appropriation part.

No she isn't. What style hair and cloths people wear is not dictated by the color of their skin. Are you going to hold on non-Europeans from "appropriating" our culture? Of course not, this is all about exerting control over people based on their skin color and making them 2nd class citizens.

This is an unfortunate case of a person who is lacking in subject matter expertise combined with a hyper-vigilant personality.

No, this is a case of a racist feeling she can put her hands on and dictate to this white person as she sees as below her about what he wears and how he presents himself based on the fact he's white.

I support most claims of cultural appropriation and believe it is often a very valid complaint but dreadlocks have never belonged to her culture exclusively.

so you're a racist then?

Not to be rude but can you read? You obviously got ugly and rude at a comment you don't understand or you just didn't read it either way, geesh you and this lady on video should have each other...there's another for the childish, unintelligent list of ATSers who do NOT fit what ATS used to offer as far as courtesy logic and maturity
edit on 3/30/2016 by AlexandrosTheGreat because:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
And bang! Just like that, another 1million votes for Trump lol......

I think it's safe to say about 70% of America has absolutely had enough of this horrible, entitled, indoctrinated, PC, crybaby-activism generation!!

Oh the irony of being assaulted by a PC-extremist... haha

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

a reply to: TheBulk

I dunno, name one and I'll tell you what I think.

Black people straightening and dying their hair blond.

I think it's a shame and there are deeper issues behind it but not my place to tell anyone what to do.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I thought this story can't get any more weird and funny - i was proved wrong.

Turns out the dreadlock boy is Jewish. Which would not matter in any case.

But the talk was about "culture appropiate" behaviour, he said the dreads are an egyptian thing.

The girl asks him if he is egyptian, he denies. She goes on asking "Where is egypt, where is egypt?"

The answer she is waiting for is "Africa", so she could tell him "you see - MY culture".

Funny, given that the jews have been in egypt (thousand years ago) and the egyptians see themselves as arabs, not blacks.

So if "culture appropiate" is really a thing he sorta would be entitled. ;-)

Then again it's just silly both of them being born and raised in the US so the american culture would be appropiate. She probably has never ever been to Africa, he prolly was never in Egypt.

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join