It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sickening past of the Islamic Slave trade...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't worship anyone but I believe Jesus was a good man with higher thoughts than most of his time. I think he said the second greatest commandment is to love one another. So, I don't know how christians excuse their injustices over the centuries. I don't know anything about Muhammed except how his followers treat each other.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LighttheDarkness

this is true, but if you compare the bible to the koran, I think you would find that the koran is much kinder to women than the bible, and yet, if you look into the world today, you find the opposite as being true I believe, at least the image that is projected to us in the media. wonder why that is.. and the rest of the post you responded to kind of dives into the thoughts on that question. heck sometimes I wonder if isis isn't there just to kind of nudge the western world into action by showing us just where we could end up if we allow some to take us down the path they want to take us down. an extreme economic inequality can lead to many of the issues that we see in the middle east. it can cause some to get desparate enough to blow themselves up content knowing that their families will get a nice payment in exchange. it can parents to sell one or two kids, just so they all don't starve. heck many of those who first came to this country sold themselves for the cost of transport to the new land.

religion isn't the sole cause I don't believe, it's much more than that. most religions allowed slavery, but well, in today's world the biggest problems seem to be centered in areas where there is a massive income inequality, where there are a few richer beyond dreams, and a mass of people going through the garbage dumps hoping to find a few crumbs discarded by those masses who would give anything, do anything, just to be able to live in that palace and serve the king of that castle for a decent meal every now and then.

demonizing an entire religion is not going to do a danged thing to bring down isis, bombing innocent children and destroying their homes isn't either. it's just going to tick the peace loving followers off and cause them to be less peacefull, and turn those followers who are content with what they have, who are living comfortably and happily in their world into a desparate mob, willing to do anything to be more comfortable.

and the US is heading down that same path, with their haves and have nots, so I am rather tired of hearing just how superior we are to these people... they never know the life we were given on birth, they aren't willing to throw it all away for the hope of being the king of the castle. and, a great many of them, regardless of how poor they would appear to us, if we ventured into their village and needed a place to stay, would open their home to us, give us a bed to sleep in, and a meal to fill our stomach. even in the US it seems that the most charitable people are those that are poorer themselves. if the rich are charitable they only are for a tax writeoff, or to make a name for themselves, but the poor, well, they give more in proportion to what they have and without fanfare or notice really.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I don't worship anyone but I believe Jesus was a good man with higher thoughts than most of his time. I think he said the second greatest commandment is to love one another. So, I don't know how christians excuse their injustices over the centuries. I don't know anything about Muhammed except how his followers treat each other.

Maybe jesus was some kind of enlightend man. That never excuses the how the bible is okay with slavery and violence.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Islam is a barbaric religion. However, so is christianity and others. The religious side of this issue is due to poverty, culture and lack of civility.

The whole middle east would be better off without islam or other religions. THAT is for sure. Then they could not justify extreme cruelty under the guise of god, like so many others have before.

The way to fight back against this unspeakable cruelty is to drop religion and start living and showing a code of ethics and morals.

People wont though. They are too attached to a fairy tale that justifies slavery and violence. And that fairy tale can bypass our inner compassion that helps form REAL moral and ethical values. Its not just religion, but any ideology that relies on a unfallible superior.
edit on 29-3-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Demonizing entire religions is bad. Only because demonizing anything is usually bad. Its a narrow tunnel-vision perspective. However, Islam and other religions should be made fun of or critiqued. They are illogical violent theologies that rely on imagination to stay afloat. Condemning all muslims is not good, but condemning all of islam is. At least in my opinion.

Islam is not a peaceful religion(along with others). It will AlWAYS have some ppl using it as a justification for violence. Until society looks down upon violent ideologies, nothing will change. Its like a PETA worker eating factory farmed cows. They are not doing it, but are supporting it in a subtle way.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I think of religion as a two way highway, it can lead one to the divine, or it can lead one to hell, it depends on the desires of your heart. unfortunately our religions are mostly built on the words of people who lived in ancient times, of whom, well sometimes their heart was earnestly searching for the divine, but other times it was searching for power, or wealth, or more land, whatever. if you took away the religion, well you'd still have people who wish only to seek those things, they just wouldn't have the words of the ancients to use to justify it. I think that they'd just find other words to use, maybe scientific words, or political rhetoric, whatever, but well, they'd still use the words, to drum up support to accomplish their goals.
So, no, I don't think that killing the religions would do much good, although I do think that confronting them when you see them going against what you perceive to be "divine" might help some. and when it comes to slavery, I would have to ask, who do you think would be in a better position to understand the true purpose of a person's life, his master, a religious leader, or the person themselves, especially if they are truly seeking the true divine will in their lives? To me, heaven would be each person understanding their truly divine purpose in this life, and being allowed to live it, while allowing others to live theirs while hell would be allowing others be they rabbis or priests, gov't officials, kings or queens, or husbands or wives or parents, or economic hardships to decide for us. I do believe that there is a divine mastermind playing behind the scenes, and he has provided to us the minds capable of solving every possible problem we have on our planet, all that we need is here, it's just that men seek to have power over another in so many different ways, that well, it's quite possible that the person who had the key to the cure of cancer was too busy being a slave in the cotton fields to put the time into finding it.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I never read where Jesus was a slave owner. And I don't think the Bible is a book of excuses. It is history written for an uneducated audience.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You do realize that the Roman Empire had eunuch slaves as well? Ditto China, korea...

Strange you see this as exclusively an Islamic historical item...it was anything but..

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I like you. I appreciate real opinions, regardless who finds offense with them. I'm not sure about sub-human, but lots of inbreeding may be part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Heard about it... Had to read about it... I've heard from special forces and marine friends of mine repeatedly that these people are savages and I always always took the stance that it's the minority and they always disagreed. That's besides the point. I don't know what's going on in that part of the world and why people choose to do this to each other but they do. It's disgusting. I heard about the guy who poured boiling hot oil on his wife's face and burned it off and I wanted to join a SEAL sniper team and start popping heads off.

I digress.

atlantablackstar.com...

The Arab slave trade typically dealt in the sale of castrated male slaves. Black boys between the age of 8 and 12 had their scrotums and penises completely amputated to prevent them from reproducing. About six of every 10 boys bled to death during the procedure, according to some sources, but the high price brought by eunuchs on the market made the practice profitable.

What the hell is it with these people and cutting people's body parts off, they do it to their women too. What's the deal?

Is this in their blood? Are they subhuman?

Are we dealing with a different species?

I can't wrap my head around it.

I hope Trump builds a wall around the Middle East.

What about choir singers in the Christian religion where the same was done so their voice would not change? The horrible history of making Eunuchs goes back centuries and is not particular to any particular region's history.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions

I like you. I appreciate real opinions, regardless who finds offense with them. I'm not sure about sub-human, but lots of inbreeding may be part of the problem.

Inbreeding of whom? Whom is subhuman? The quality of the OP threads and responses have really degraded.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Yeah I hear you, but Islamic slavery is the old school style - no rights and no pay and the person is considred to be property.

This disgusting, degrading and quite upsetting advert appeared on a Saudi Arabian Facebook page in 2012.... 2012!!!!!!

I have a [male] slave I bought from an African country and arranged for his visa and stay till I got him to Saudi [Arabia] His description:
1 – Black skin. Tall 172 sm. Weight 60 kilos.
2 – Castrated (excellent for working with a family) you can check him with a doctor our yourself if you have experience in the matter.
3 – [His] health is quite undamaged and has no imperfections.
4 – Age 26 years. 5 – Religion muslim and [he is] obedient and will not disobey you except in what displeases God.

Please, the matter is very serious and is not a joke.

www.frontpagemag.com...

Frontpage Mag is a ridiculous source.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Yeah I hear you, but Islamic slavery is the old school style - no rights and no pay and the person is considred to be property.

This disgusting, degrading and quite upsetting advert appeared on a Saudi Arabian Facebook page in 2012.... 2012!!!!!!

I have a [male] slave I bought from an African country and arranged for his visa and stay till I got him to Saudi [Arabia] His description:
1 – Black skin. Tall 172 sm. Weight 60 kilos.
2 – Castrated (excellent for working with a family) you can check him with a doctor our yourself if you have experience in the matter.
3 – [His] health is quite undamaged and has no imperfections.
4 – Age 26 years. 5 – Religion muslim and [he is] obedient and will not disobey you except in what displeases God.

Please, the matter is very serious and is not a joke.

www.frontpagemag.com...

Posted on ATS in 2013 ATS

No one could find a good source. The Frontpage mag article comes from tundratabloids.com (another weird one) and any article like that is gone.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: onequestion
Heard about it... Had to read about it... I've heard from special forces and marine friends of mine repeatedly that these people are savages and I always always took the stance that it's the minority and they always disagreed. That's besides the point. I don't know what's going on in that part of the world and why people choose to do this to each other but they do. It's disgusting. I heard about the guy who poured boiling hot oil on his wife's face and burned it off and I wanted to join a SEAL sniper team and start popping heads off.

I digress.

atlantablackstar.com...

The Arab slave trade typically dealt in the sale of castrated male slaves. Black boys between the age of 8 and 12 had their scrotums and penises completely amputated to prevent them from reproducing. About six of every 10 boys bled to death during the procedure, according to some sources, but the high price brought by eunuchs on the market made the practice profitable.

What the hell is it with these people and cutting people's body parts off, they do it to their women too. What's the deal?

Is this in their blood? Are they subhuman?

Are we dealing with a different species?

I can't wrap my head around it.

I hope Trump builds a wall around the Middle East.

What about choir singers in the Christian religion where the same was done so their voice would not change? The horrible history of making Eunuchs goes back centuries and is not particular to any particular region's history.

Castrato. illegal in Italy since 1870.
en.wikipedia.org...

Alessandro Moreschi was the last one and the only one to do solo recordings.

Eunuchs were harem guards but also high level appointees.

China might have lasted longer given the imperial palace lasted longer. It stopped in 1912.

Anyway, it goes back to the Sumerians but some people still practice it today.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I never read where Jesus was a slave owner. And I don't think the Bible is a book of excuses. It is history written for an uneducated audience.

Here is a few qoutes from www.openbible.info...

- As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are around you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you to inherit as a possession forever. You may make slaves of them, but over your brothers the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another ruthlessly. -Leviticus 25:44-46

-Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ - Ephesians 6:5

-“When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money. -Exodus 21:20-21

-Slaves are to be submissive to their own masters in everything; they are to be well-pleasing, not argumentative, not pilfering, but showing all good faith, so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior.
-Titus 2:9-10

Those qoutes are just some examples. The qoutes are from the website listed above.

If one is going to believe in Jesus Christ, then one should seriously consider why slavery is accepted in the bible and if they are okay with following a book that condones barbaric practices.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

not of of those quotes was from christ, they were either prechrist or probably written some time after christ's death, by men, who quite frankly probably figured out real quick that to go against some of the cultural traditions, like slavery would mean certain death, and maybe even, some of those writers just didn't want to give up their own slaves.

I don't think that MOMof3 was suggesting that we blindly follow any religious writings that are age old, but rather appreciate them for their historical context... I mean, isn't it nice to know that something like slavery that so many found the most natural and accepting thing in days past, we now reject as barbaric? kind of gives us at least a little assurance that our future might be a little kinder, compassionate than it is now, and we can overcome our shortcomings, in time.
the problem comes in when the ancient writings are taking literally, and used in a way that is cruel, and lacks compassion.

do unto others as you would have others do unto yourself... if you can't honestly say you would want something done to you, then I think you are using the ancient writings wrong if you are using them justifying doing it to others. and we are still missing the mark a great deal in the western world, since well, none of us can be all that we can be, till the least among us are all that they can be. just like having the healthiest heart in the world isn't going to do you much good if your liver is sick, so it is with humanity... though we appear to be many, we are in fact one, if you brother is sick, or hurt, or in sorrow, you may not notice it, or understand it, but it will diminish you health, and happiness.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

This the excuse for every violent or oppresive verse in a holy book. Cultures excuse divinly inspired writers of holy books.

Christ never wrote anything himself. Neither did mohammed. How can we believe that the authors of the bible were divinly inspired if their morals never wen't beyond the morals of their culture.

Why believe or trust anything these authors have to say about jesus? How does one know qoutes from jesus are real qoutes?

Why should believers just ignore the bad stuff and pretend like these ancient writings were written by ghandi?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The Muslim(Islam) and The White man(Christian) have almost everything in common from Slave Trading to killing in the name of their Religion. Stop the nonsense already.
edit on 30-3-2016 by sk126 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk126

The Muslim(Islam) and The White man(Christian) have almost everything in common from Slave Trading to killing in the name of their Religion. Stop the nonsense already.

What ARE you going on about, Islam is originated in the middle east, it can be argues to be an Indo Semitic language due to the southern Arabian peninsular (really a cub continent as it is splitting from Africa) trade and probably cultural links with ancient india which undoubtedly included the movement of people.

Judeo Christianity however is most closely a Semitic indo african originated religion based on it's location between the southern european and north african cultural centres and remember the greek culture also fed heavily on the culture and ideas of the ancient Egyptian civilization and superpower.

SO how is Christianity a white religion, to my knowledge the europeans were worshipping Lu/Hern and The earth goddess in the Celtic world and the Nordic Pantheon of the Thule religion in the Scandinavian world - Odin, Thor, Loki, Freya etc while the slaves had west eurasian god's non of which had much in common and all of which had nothing in common with Christianity.

Even the greek's had there Olympian's and Titan's, only the Hebrew religion was monotheistic with another one that disappeared in Egypt in which Aten the Sun God was monotheistically worshipped AkhenAten and another Arguably monotheist though others would argue it was a dual religion in the form of the Zoarastrians of Persia whom had a creator god and his first companion another god he had created first whom became totally evil and was there devil.

Between the northern african cultures and the southern african cultures were was of course the great sand sea of the Sahara but trade and culture still flowed between them and there WERE great cultures in southern africa.

If you think that Islam and Christianity are the same thing and this is nonsense you are wrong.

All cultures (And I use that word loosely as for me a culture is about it's people which would have included the enslaved) indulged in the unholy and evil act of Slavery, forcing there brothers and sisters to work for them for nothing a little like the modern corporations and politicial right want the mass's to do now but it was ALL people,most of the slave traders in Africa were black, the Term Slav for the eastern European people's derived from the same word as Slave does and the Arabs have always been slavers especially the slave culture of Yemen, the Great wall of China was built with the Death of millions of forced workers and slaves.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
How about EU sponsored slave organ trafficking, human trafficking being executed by Albanians under EU intelligence supervision in the territory of Kosovo?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join