It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, why are you so offended at anothers display of faith?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Buddhism is very close to other branches of spirituality in many ways

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

A lack of belief does not equal a belief in the opposite. It just means there is no belief involved either way.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol

Buddhism is very close to other branches of spirituality in many ways

They all involve faith.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Indeed, every answer to the question "how the world came to be" involves faith

The answer "by explosion and soup" included

only "I don't know" or "I'm not interested in such things" are removed from involvement

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Obvious we learned throughout the pages that there are two groups of Atheists

1) The intelligent logical ones who say live and lets live and are not offended.

and 2) the militaristic anti-Christian Atheists who are intolerant of anything Christian in public. And as we seen in some of the answers it is entirely the fault of Christians.

Both groups are equally atheist though lol
Try to twist that umbrella term 'atheist' as much as you or anyone else likes but it still simply refers to one who does not believe in gods.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

First, of all no insult was meant. I speak truth when I say I cannot verify it, I wasn't there nor do I know anyone who was there. Nor do I know you enough to investigate it further than your own words. So what is so wrong with me saying so? I believe something happened to you and those individuals are at fault not everyone who is a Christian.

Second, I saw no mention of your book nor have I read your book. But if you posts are any reflection of your book I don't think I would be compelled to read it.

Third, any Phycology Undergrad Student, let alone anyone with a sensitive heart, could hear/read/see the bitterness and anger in your words in almost every post you have replied to in this threads and in many others on ATS. And I assure you they will tell you the same as I did. If you go through life with that kind of bitterness, anger and hate burdening your heart, in the end you are the one who really suffers, not to mention people like me who have to endure your wrath for something we did not have anything to do with. It truly is a sad way to go through life.

At this point I don't know whether to have Ilamlim ng Kawawa (deep pity) or Sayang Nahia (sorrowful shame) for you. But you need not take it out on others that is the most destructive way to live.

I hope you find peace with your issues someday.

edit on 20-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Of course both groups of individuals are Atheist.

But one group is far easier for people of Faith to live with than the other.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Agreed, the vocal atheists are as much a bore as the vocal theists lol

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Oh I am in full agreement.

When I saw the way the westboro people acted I was embarrassed and ashamed of them. I have even seen Christians of the opposite view protesting their protests and that was even more shameful to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I speak truth when I say I cannot verify it, I wasn't there nor do I know anyone who was there. Nor do I know you enough to investigate it further than your own words. So what is so wrong with me saying so?

It insinuates doubt right away, everything else afterward is lip service.

Second, I saw no mention of your book nor have I read your book. But if you posts are any reflection of your book I don't think I would be compelled to read it.

What are you talking about?

At this point I don't know whether to have Kawawa (deep pity) or Sayang (sorrowful shame) for you. But you need not take it out on others that is the most destructive way to live.

Knock it off and get off your high horse. I don't want either from you.

You asked for incidents to back up my claims. I gave them. Claims backed up, end of story!

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I thought when you said in your book that you wrote a book. Sorry misunderstanding.

You still have not proven anything of the mass of Christians OPRESSING you. those who hurt you didn't oppress you they abused you and they are two different things. Time for you to grow up.

If you would like to know what oppression really is go live in Iran, Kuwait, Pakistan, Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, Iraq, UAE or Mayamar.

There are peoples there who live under oppression you have NEVER experienced in you short life.

Now I know you, you are a hateful bigot.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Im pretty sure like anything else atheism comes in degrees. I am an open minded atheist, I don't refuse scripture, I listen, I say Merry Christmas, participate in Christmas and give a ton for Christmas AND I even spell it out instead of typing XMAS. I think each atheist is his ,her or its own person.

As to Your question, I don't get offended at all, I just ignore all of that, Im usually too busy doing things for other people instead of trying to save mine and their theoretical soul from going to a theoretical hell. I believe in a more simplistic form of good and bad or positive and negative. If I acknowledge someone praying In public its was never anything more than an eye roll.

Its when religious people try to make it relevant in conversation , that's when I get annoyed. For example, my neighbor who knows Im an atheist tries to tell me to vote for Ted Cruz because this is something BIGGER than I understand because I don't know anything about Jesus and this is Gods plan for Ted Cruz to be president. Now that, I get offended, GODS PLAN IS TRUMP ! LOL

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Medicator

Thanks I appreciate to know there are others who are not so militaristic in their Atheism.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn And left wing activists are trying to stop Trumps freedom of speech, Westboro aren't Christians, Jesus, as radial as he was seemed more forgiving, I don't know Im not a Jesus authority.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You still have not proven anything of the mass of Christians OPRESSING you. those who hurt you didn't oppress you they abused you and they are two different things. Time for you to grow up.

Yes I have. You're just refusing to acknowledge my experiences. Time for you to grow up!

And you are a "holier then thou", passive aggressive troll!

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

I thought when you said in your book that you wrote a book. Sorry misunderstanding.

If you would like to know what oppression really is go live in Iran, Kuwait, Pakistan, Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, Iraq, UAE or Mayamar.

There are peoples there who live under oppression you have NEVER experienced in you short life.

LOL.

Hateful bigot......

You really do provide some great entertainment.

You really are one of the most egotistical self opinionated people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting both in person or online.

Just to clarify though.

This is some kind of joke right?

I have not even had time to get back to the other guy yet but there is no way anyone could be the way you are unless it was some kind of social media type experiment.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Medicator

There's a word for people like you.

Collaborator...

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I think I have acknowledged you experiences and as I said it is sad.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Lip Service!

Especially considering your following caveats.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

what should I pay you repreations for what some pervert did to you, or how your mother made you feel?

Your manners haven't been in the least beneficial either.

You do get what you reap you sow, and from the first reply on here you have been rude and demeaning.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join