It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, why are you so offended at anothers display of faith?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

So you've been oppressed in the name of religion?

Tough, empathy sent your way and adding insult to injury on the part of the oppressor(s).

Think of the people murdered in the name of freedom (like operation freedom "casualties" who didn't find it casual at all).

Does this mean freedom is responsible for those murders?

If a guy hacks your email and sends your address book a picture of their balls, are these balls yours?

No, because calling a cat a dog doesn't make it so.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You asked;

..."when were you ever exploited by Christians?"

I gave you an answer and then some.

Then you cast doubt on my testimony, offered insincere lip service, told me to Let it go!" and then blamed me and called me a hateful bigot for calling you out on YOUR obvious trollery.

edit on 20-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

No, because calling a cat a dog doesn't make it so.

Are you also dismissing my testimony? Are you calling a rape victim a liar?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No I called you that because of your rudeness and lack of empathy which shows your hatred and bigotry of any thing Christian.

You wont let your past go, it is water under the bridge of your life and it will haunt you forever and one day it will take your life.

So enjoy what you have

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

And you will let those who did it to you have the victory over you and remain the victim for the rest of your life unless you let it go!

What, you think you are the only one out their that was raped by someone they trusted?

Do you think you are the only one out there who has been hurt by someone they trusted?

Get over it or it will be the end of you.

edit on 20-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Are you also dismissing my testimony? Are you calling a rape victim a liar?

No

I am calling you incapable of comprehending simple statements though

Nobody should be raped, it's very damaging in many ways. I wish you a full recovery

Raping in the name of religion is akin to lynching in the name of agriculture, and convincing a rape victim that religion is the reason for their ordeal is, again, adding insult to injury

Blaming religion isn't going to help.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Typical Christian harassment! Ask someone to share their experiences that have caused them to be offended by so called acts of faith, ask them how Christians have oppressed them, then blame for their memories, claiming they're holding onto to hate.

If baiting and then chastising and blaming those who have been harmed be zealot Christians is your way of displaying faith, then YES, your display of faith is offensive to me.

Get thee behind me "Satan"."

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Let's get back on track now the discussion is not about windword's past but why Atheist are Offended by another's show of faith.

Windword is offended at Christianity because of his experiences and nothing can change that but him, and it has nothing to do with his Atheism. His problem is personal and deeply rooted in hate.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I am calling you incapable of comprehending simple statements though

What simple statement?

Blaming religion isn't going to help.

I'm not blaming religion, although, come to think of it, it is culpable. No, I'm blaming the Christian people for their, so called, Christian behavior.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Oh boo hoo hoo wo is me everybody hates me and is picking on me.

take it back to the topic of the OP or stop posting.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Oh boo hoo hoo wo is me everybody hates me and is picking on me.

What is this, 7th grade?

Grow the hell up!

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I'm not blaming religion, although, come to think of it, it is culpable.

You're wrong about this.

It's hurting you if you're telling the truth, and Christendom either way

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

What simple statement!?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
the OP is not about wars or other atrocities caused by people of faith.

We are not living in the past and those who do have no future.

I am simply wanting to hear why Some Atheist (not like Terrydon79) get offended at another's display of faith.

please try and stay on track.

Matthew says that faith should be a bedroom exercise and not flaunted on a street corner. Your relationship is not a trophy so dont polish it like it's an Oscar. Smeagols obsession with the ring comes to mind.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Your relationship is not a trophy so dont polish it like it's an Oscar. Smeagols obsession with the ring comes to mind.

What a mind this is then.

Religion isn't the ring of Sauron by any stretch, more like the fellowship, even etymologically: Tolkien was a Catholic and fruitfully described the Hobbits' meek, inheritors of the earth nature, so Smeagol's obsession would be akin to a politician's thirst for power while the OP would be, in that world, asking why Saruman insists that Mordor cannot be defeated and everyone should join.

As far as comparing LOTR with religion goes.

"There is no king of Gondor, we're just monkeys, abandon all hope and realize god is an explosion and soup: this document proves it: elves, men and dwarves have slightly different folklore that by way of consequence should be discarded.

The orcs are just doing their jobs, after all there is nothing above rings and coins since Gandalf is a rapist, Aragorn is a liar, and Frodo is brainwashed by Elrond and Galadriel to carry out their dirty work."

Believers share more than a name, and all the aspects of faith united always surpass the dark powers, a lesson LOTR has repeated in secular form: there may be a day when all men cease to believe in good above palantiri, and all elves abandon their old alliance, when Ents cut down the forest for parking space and dwarves bow to the dark lord in hopes of gems or mercy, but it is not this day.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well don't you see that is what you are acting like, a child.

first thing you do right from the start is come across rude and self righteous, and then play the victim of a large Christian oppression(that was actually your mother and some person who abused you), and then claim harassment when it doesn't go your way.

I wasn't giving lip service but seeing your didn't accept my sincerity you can have my shoe.

You don't have to be here I am sure you have far better things to do like paint swastikas on a church or something.

Now if you don't have any more to say on the issue brought up in the OP then find something else to do.
edit on 20-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Matthew who?

If you are talking about the Bible then chapter and verse will suffice.

If it is the bible you are speaking go back and read it it was about prayer and fasting in a way that drew attention to ones self so other would sing your accolades.

There is nothing wrong with public prayer and displays of faith the Bible is not against such, Jesus prayed and allowed pubic displays of faith everyday during his earthly ministry.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I take offense when religious people promote policies that go against science or are not humanitarian. This is because I believe God is really a scientist and a humanitarian, and He wouldn't look kindly on them, either.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Evryone is always saying if we are going to solve issues or problems in our society we need to open the dialog. That is all that was done.

You fool no-one. Threads like yours are designed to provoke confrontation and polarize opinion even further. They are the opposite of dialogue.

This thread is a vehicle for hatemongers to play in. As you knew full well when .
You made it

Now excuse me. It is time for a shower.

edit on 21/3/16 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Seems like a certain dirty someone is a fan in denial

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join