It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, why are you so offended at anothers display of faith?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol
a reply to: TzarChasm

The big explosion has been verified. Its not a matter of opinion anymore.

Thanks for your statement of faith, which is an opinion.

i have no faith in the big bang, since its already happened. hard to have faith in something that is history. scientific history, i might add. which also precludes it from being my opinion.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

lol

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

lol

if we are reduced to three letter responses, that tells me the circus is about over and its time to pack up the popcorn.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Just for that cutest "we" you wrote I'll expand:

I think it's neat when people insist their opinions are facts, and this explains how they'd be offended at other faiths.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Just for that cutest "we" you wrote I'll expand:

I think it's neat when people insist their opinions are facts, and this explains how they'd be offended at other faiths.

science doesnt care what you or anyone thinks. substantiate or suffocate, as the saying goes.
edit on 23-3-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

But science loves you, bubba, it loves you dearly

edit: Darn you edited it. Science still loves you
edit on 32622v2016Wednesday by wisvol because: reaction to editing by other poster

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

But science loves you, bubba, it loves you dearly

well, im out of popcorn. and beer. so im afraid our little dance is over. maybe next thread?

chicka chicka...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Bye again

Come back soon ya hear?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

So, maybe someone should explain. This is Above Top Secret. It's big, it's popular and it's been around a while. And so have a lot of its members.

It's very rare that someone arrives here with something new for us to chew on. We are parched for fresh blood. You're here with an attitude and a position, but under the showy (and, speaking as a connoisseur, often dodgy) wordplay your content is the same old same old. And you're not making a novel case for it either.

These are tired old arguments you're rehearsing.

ATS isn't what it used to be, but we once had professional biochemists on here who were Creationists. Now they were a challenge.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Glad you chewed them with the might of your opinion from the courageous arena of an armchair, fam.

Some things are worth being repeated, especially when misunderstood.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

i have no faith in the big bang, since its already happened. hard to have faith in something that is history. scientific history, i might add. which also precludes it from being my opinion.

Actually, your 'Big Bang' is not considered 'history' by anyone but a 'believer'.
It is a theory, and one riddled with holes!
That your 'belief' elevates the 'theory' (in your mind) to 'fact' is your own psychological baggage, not science!

A tiny quantum dot of 'something' exploding into all the 'matter' in the Universe?
Really?
That takes quite the eyes wide shut approach to such a patently absurd premise, and sally forth to build more theory upon it!
And that is different than some sky Troll waving his wand and popping everything into existence?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Obstinate fools who think they're cleverer than they are also pop up quite often on ATS. They rarely last long, though.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Actually, your 'Big Bang' is not considered 'history' by anyone but a 'believer'.
It is a theory, and one riddled with holes!
That your 'belief' elevates the 'theory' (in your mind) to 'fact' is your own psychological baggage, not science!

A tiny quantum dot of 'something' exploding into all the 'matter' in the Universe?
Really?
That takes quite the eyes wide shut approach to such a patently absurd premise, and sally forth to build more theory upon it!
And that is different than some sky Troll waving his wand and popping everything into existence?

I'm afraid it is different . Because scientists didn't just come up with the big bang theory. There are signs that point yo it. Namely background radiation and the fact that the universe is expanding. Also, the particle physics theories have seem to fit in with it too.

No one is saying that it's definitely true. But it looks likely to be and it's the best theory we have so far. Notice the difference between science and religion? We are happy to correct our theories if they turn out o be wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Notice the difference between science and religion? We are happy to correct our theories if they turn out o be wrong.

The thing is, some religionists will say that Genesis confirms the Big Bang......as in....."GOD SAID"

HIS very spoken words "Let there be light", to some scientific minded religionist, is proof enough for them.

What ever floats their boat, right?

edit on 24-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Nice new sig

Blake still writes better

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join