It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deuteronomy 32:8 Yahweh a Son of God (The Most High)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No insult intended. Sorry if u read it that way.
Just ment good pick up. Stard u.

(Said seem too as we all skim through pages at times,)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Sassanid
Yahweh inheriting Jacob from El proves in one passage that they are Father and son.

That's not in the passage you quoted. Already proven. Words have meanings. You find no other passages that match your theory.

It's falsified. You'd think you'd get one thing right by the law of averages.

It isn't in the passage I quoted, huh? Lets look again Deuteronomy 32:8 When the Most High (El Elyon) gave the nations their inheritance, when he divided the sons of men, he fixed the boundaries according to the number of the Sons of God; but Yahweh's portion was his people, Jacob his SHARE OF INHERITANCE.

So, Yahweh was given his SHARE (meaning he isn't God, but a son of God, or else he wouldn't get just a share) and his share was Jacob, a small tribe. He received it as an INHERITANCE, meaning El gave his son the nation/tribe of Israel.

I can't make it any clearer that it is impossible to inherit something from yourself. Simple logic. If Israel was GIVEN TO Yahweh, he can't be the Most High God. The whole world belongs to the Most High, he doesn't need an inheritance because he already owns the world. But he can assign a nation to one of his sons which is what he did.

If changing Sons of God to sons of Israel, as the Masoretic texts do, isn't deception then I don't know what is.

Why alter scripture? Monotheism was the new religion of the cult of Yahweh, and any evidence that Yahweh was a son of God had to be erased. Sons of God was CHANGED to sons of Israel deliberately.

The other English translations that still have sons of God obscured verbally the passage to make it look like Yahweh WAS the Most High and kept Israel for himself. More deception.

Are you comprehending or do I need to explain it more. It's not hard to understand at all.
edit on 7-3-2016 by Sassanid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

I was not insulted at all.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Except that Canaan existed before Jacob was born. That kills that lame theory.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sassanid

Yes, and numerous verses have been given showing The most high is Yahweh. The Dead Sea Scrolls say the same thing, despite your saying they show they did not think that.

Yahweh set land aside for the different peoples.
Yahweh set Israel aside for Himself.

I can bake 100 cakes, let others take 99 of them, and set 1 aside for myself as my PORTION. That does not infer someone else gave me the cake, they did not.

I don't think it can be said any clearer than it already has. You choose ignorance, it's not ok, but no one can stop you from doing it.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Unless Jacob came from thin air his ancestors existed before Canaan. Sorry, bye.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
OccamsRazor04, Cool

Sassanid,
Sassy, what Bible are you using? What dates did these texts come from? The Torah would be older man.

Come on! Im on your side on this one but you have to give that one up.

'Deuteronomy 32:8
"When the Most High (El Elyon) gave the nations their inheritance, when he divided the sons of men, he fixed the boundaries according to the number of the Sons of God; but Yahweh's portion was his people, Jacob his SHARE OF INHERITANCE."'

If its not older then the Torah then I, who is on your side on this one, cannot help you.

Coomba96 now man, ninety freakin six.

---
edit.
also I believe the ancient Hebrew or predecessor El Elyon ment God of Gods. Which eventually went to God of the Most High.
Remember humans have lived longer then we think. 195,000 at this stage, same intelligence but more knowledge now. Some say.

Re-Coomba98.
(yeah an upper!)
edit on 7-3-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

He picks and chooses what he uses. He will use parts of a Dead Sea Scroll and then not use another verse from the SAME scroll.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Canaan is Hams son. Canaan as a nation existed before Jacob was born. So did El. I see why you want to run now, because you got busted saying something stupid. You know I am right and now you don't want to participate because you've been made to look foolish. Suggesting that the Canaanites stole El from the Israelites is just dishonest or stupid.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I don't need your help. Older than Torah? What?

That was a biblical quote from Deuteronomy. I have the Jerusalem bible that has a very good reputation for honesty and correctness even when it's anti dogmatic.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Yeah but Adam and Eve gave birth to:

1. Cain - Male.
2. Able. - Male.
3. Seth.......OMG.....Male.

Nuff said.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the universe. Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, to be like us.

Eph 6:12 For our struggle is not against human opponents, but against rulers, authorities, cosmic powers in the darkness around us, and evil spiritual forces in the heavenly realm.

Gen 11:7 Come on! Let's go down there and confuse their language, so that they won't understand each other's speech."
Gen 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from there over the surface of the whole earth, so that they had to stop building the city.

Deu 32:8 When the Most High gave nations as their inheritance, when he separated the human race, he set boundaries for the people according to the number of the children of God.
Deu 32:9 For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is his allotted portion.
Deu 32:10 The LORD found him in a desert land, in a barren, eerie wilderness. He surrounded, cared for, and guarded him as the pupil of his eye.

The creation of the Nations happened well before there was a Jacob . God picked out Abraham from one of the Nations to create a special people for Himself . The story goes on to tell the battle with God and the gods of the other Nations . Daniel brings this out where Dan 9:21 while I was still speaking, Gabriel the man of God whom I had seen in the previous vision, appeared to me about the time of the evening offering.
Dan 9:22 He gave instructions, and this is what he spoke to me: 'Daniel, I've now come to give you insight and understanding.

We get a glimpse of what is going on in the unseen realm with this from Daniel Dan 10:11 He told me, 'Daniel, man highly regarded, understand the message that I'm about to relate to you. Stand up, because I've been sent to you.' When he spoke this statement to me, I stood there trembling.
Dan 10:12 "'Don't be afraid, Daniel," he told me, "because from the first day that you committed yourself to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard. I've come in answer to your prayers.
Dan 10:13 However, the prince of the kingdom of Persia opposed me for 21 days. Then—look!—Michael, one of the chief angels, came to assist me. I had been detained there near the kings of Persia.
Dan 10:14 Now I've come to help you understand what will happen to your people in the days to come, because the vision pertains to those days.'

All of this explains the pantheon of gods . Its is also noted that even dead humans carry a designation in the unseen realm . 1Sa 28:13 The king told her, "Don't be afraid; but what do you see?" The woman told Saul, "I see a divine being coming up out of the ground."
1Sa 28:14 Saul told her, "What does he look like?" She said, "An old man is coming up, and he's wrapped in a robe." Saul knew that it was Samuel, and he bowed low to the ground and prostrated himself.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

What are you talking about? Jacob did not come from thin air, he had ancestors that were around before Canaan. Nice straw-man. What if Jacob's great, great, great grandfather brought "el" to Canaan? It was incorporated by them and perverted. Sorry, there is no way to prove something along those lines did not happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

He picks and chooses what he uses. He will use parts of a Dead Sea Scroll and then not use another verse from the SAME scroll.

I've done nothing of the sort. I've been using one passage the whole time. It's hard to pick and choose when you're only using one verse. I have to call you a liar now. When did I pick OR choose?My premise is based on one passage and the existence of El prior to the birth of Jacob. It's impossible for the Canaanites to have stolen El from Israel because Canaan pre dates Israels birth. Your very dishonest.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
t.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I have no idea what that mishmash of verses was supposed to say. Prove the host in Psa was not angelic in nature.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Where does that particular verse originate from?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Sassanid,

What Bible are you using? Please tell me as it sounds enlightening.

Coomba99

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Yes there is. Canaan existed prior to Abraham THE patriarch. If it existed before Abe your new theory is dead. Canaan was on Noahs ark. Long before Abraham Canaan and El Existed. Your grasping at straws now.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The Jerusalem bible.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join