It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deuteronomy 32:8 Yahweh a Son of God (The Most High)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: chr0naut
The repeated use of the phrase "YHWH is my El'ohim" (meaning 'YHWH is my God') throughout the Tenach indicates clearly that YHWH was a name and El was a description or title.

I have pointed that out several times. I used other verses from the Dead Sea Scrolls to prove it. He can't refuse it, he refuses to answer it.

Yes, but for the sake of those who are a little naive in such things and have not read the slew of threads this guy has done on the exact same topic, we should really 'rub it in'.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I'm not naive, and you keep insulting me because you know I'm right but your too stubborn to admitvit.

I've made two threads, that makes you a liar.

Henotheism is a word THAT WAS INVENTED TO DESCRIBE ANCIENT ISRAELS RELIGION OF YAHWEH UNDER EL. Each nation had a God Yahweh INHERITED Israel FROM EL (you can't inherit something from yourself).

It's not complicated, it is true, and your just brainwashed.
edit on 7-3-2016 by Sassanid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sassanid
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Your fooling yourself. I documented in my op how that verse was altered to fit fundamental Christianity's agenda

I used your version. Direct from the Dead Sea Scrolls. It flat out says they are the same person, same as the King and Richard I are the same person.

Jacob got his inheritance which was the land, and God what was His, His people.

There is only one God in that verse, not two.

How does a person get literally everything wrong?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I'm not naive, and you keep insulting me because you know I'm right but your too stubborn to admitvit.

Henotheism is a word THAT WAS INVENTED TO DESCRIBE ANCIENT ISRAELS RELIGION OF YAHWEH UNDER EL. Each nation had a God Yahweh INHERITED Israel FROM EL (you can't inherit something from yourself).

Wow ...

Your comprehension is just so mindbogglingly lacking. Yahweh did not INHERIT anything, he got his PORTION. Much like I can cook dinner and I get a PORTION which is my serving. Or I make money and I give some to my debtors and I get to keep my PORTION that is left.

So you don't know the Bible or basic English .. why make these posts?
edit on 7-3-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I don't have the Dead Sea Scrolls, I have a bible that used all three manuscripts. Read the op again. The top version is the correct version. Israel is not God.

How are you missing this?

What don't you get?

Yes, that verse has been obscured in the non Catholic versions because nobody wants anybody knowing that Yahweh is not the Most High. It's obvious.

Your being ignorant and deceptive, almost lying. Anybody with eyes can deduce the truth when comparing different versions.

Except the idiots.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
What a gaggle of incompetence and deceit. Lets just ignore the truth for the sake of our delusions so we don't have to deal with the truth. Unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sassanid

I am missing it because that verse does not at all say what you claim it says. You then gloss over the fact EVERY OTHER verse in the entire Bible is in line with the only way the verse makes sense ... Yahweh is the only God there.

You can not provide a whole list of verses that support your contention, and make radical claims to the effect that EVERY verse that disagrees with you is simply wrong.

Your position is so lacking you can do nothing to substantiate it and can not debate the numerous refutes, all you can do is lob ad-hominems at the people left with their eyes wide open and jaw dropping from the sheer scope of your ignorance.

If your post had any merit you would have 100 more verses to support it ... instead you claim the slew of verses refuting it are all wrong.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

You are misinformed. That's what it says. YOU CAN'T INHERIT SOMETHING FROM YOURSELF.

Is that so hard to understand?

Your wrong now, you'll be wrong tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Henotheism is a word THAT WAS INVENTED TO DESCRIBE ANCIENT ISRAELS RELIGION OF YAHWEH UNDER EL. Each nation had a God Yahweh INHERITED FROM EL (you can't inherit something from yourself).

I was not saying that you were naive. I was referring to others who have only just read the OP and have jumped in without reading all the posts in the thread.

Oops, and now comes the calling me "a liar" and "your just brainwashed" bit, exactly as I described your 'modus operandi' back a few posts. Predictable.

Oh, and 'Henotheism' has been used to describe Hinduism, The Greek pantheon under a supreme god, Canaanite religions, and Latter Day Saints beliefs as well as being theorized to being applicable to pre-Judaism. The word was invented in the 1700-1800's, do you suppose that was because they suddenly had information that we don't? There are words that we have invented that describe entirely fictional things. Just because someone makes up a term doesn't mean that what it describes has additional validity, even if you type it all in UPPERCASE.

Mandatory Wikipedia link to Henotheism article.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sassanid

Sorry, you simply have no clue about basic English.

inheritance
[in-her-i-tuh ns]

portion; birthright; heritage:

Inheritance is something that is your due. Inheriting from a dead person is one form of that, it is not the only form. The verse makes complete sense written as inheritance to anyone not ignorant. It's just not the best word to use in today's English language, so many versions change it. It still says the exact same thing written as inheritance.

Since you can't show me a slew of verses all saying the same thing, you are out of gas. And have been.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

You are misinformed. That's what it says. YOU CAN'T INHERIT SOMETHING FROM YOURSELF.

Is that so hard to understand?

Your wrong now, you'll be wrong tomorrow.

Please clear up something for me, are you saying that he has "wrong", or that he is named "Wrong"?

Surely if he will 'be' wrong tomorrow, you mean that he is named wrong (and you just forgot to capitalize the first letter).

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yes birthright is passed from parent to child. Your attempted insult proved my point. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Your too brainwashed I'm not dealing with your ridiculous bs. Take a hike with your Satanism.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Yes birthright is passed from parent to child. Your attempted insult proved my point. Thank you.

So you are saying that El is dead?

Inheritances and birthrights become active on the death of the parent.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Again, basic English fail. Birthright CAN be passed down, but if you think it MUST be you are once again mistaken. Seems to happen a lot to you.

birthright
[burth-rahyt]

noun
any right or privilege to which a person is entitled by birth :

For example simply being born in the US gives you citizenship by birthright, even if your parents are unknown, even if you have no parents.

How do you get every post wrong? It's statistically so improbable, yet I am witnessing it.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

What goes around comes around. You act brainwashed, I just pointed it out. It's a fact.

You insulted me first and more.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Your too brainwashed I'm not dealing with your ridiculous bs. Take a hike with your Satanism.

I am a very orthodox Christian, the Nicene creed sums up my beliefs quite well.

Here's a Wikipedia link.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

He doesn't even understand English and is trying to teach others about books written in foreign languages. Sad.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Your just ranting but not saying anything worth my time. If you can't face the truth I'm done trying. All you want to do is prove I'm wrong. Problem is I'm not.

You actually proved me right.

Yahweh inherited Jacob from El Elyon. End of story.

The threads your's. You are a poor example of a Christian, but a typical one. I'm not interested in your falsifications.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

We have all been fooled into believing that Yahweh and the Most High (El Elyon) are and were the same being. This may be the current belief among Christians today, but ancient Canaan/Israel did not share this belief.

Deuteronomy 32:8
When the Most High(El Elyon) gave the nations their inheritance,
when he divided the sons of men,
he fixed their bounds according to the number of the sons of God;
But Yahweh's portion was his people, Jacob his share of inheritance.

What you have just read is a Catholic bible stating Yahweh inherited from the Most High, the nation of Israel/Jacob. You can't inherit something from yourself. The Ugaritic texts and the Ras Shamra prove El existed prior to the cult of Yahweh. They were, in the era of Deuteronomy, Father and "Son." To prove deception is amiss lets go to the NIV:

32:8 When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, when he divided all mankind, he set up boundaries for the peoples
according to the sons of Israel;...

How do the sons of God become the sons of Israel? Because the NIV is translated off the Masoretic texts that sought to hide the early Israelites true beliefs and deliberately changed God to Israel. Subtle, but devious. Why would God set up boundaries according to the numbers of a small tribe of Yahwists? It doesn't even make sense. Heres the Good News translation:

32:8 The Most High assigned nations their lands;
He determined where peoples should live. He assigned to each nation a heavenly being, but Jacobs descendants he chose for himself.

Now the word inheritance has been ommitted because Christianity can't deal with Yahweh recieving Israel as an inheritance from El. Please don't tell me this isn't deception, or try rationalizing away the truth. That early Israel believed in a God per nation and Yahweh was the God of Israel as an INHERITANCE from the Most High El. I've heard every possible attempt to brush aside the fact that monotheistic Israel is a 2nd temple occurrence and I have proven how most bibles subtley reword this passage deceptively. Had we not discovered the Ugaritic texts we would not know this, but we do know this. Scholars even created a new word for it (belief in many gods, one per nation, all under El) called henotheism.

I'm going to get crap from the Christian fundamentalists for exposing this, but I love the truth, and hate deception. My goal is to make people aware of the truth, not to anger Christians.

Plus, this is good news. You can stop worshipping that puke of a "god" Yahweh and worship instead the merciful El.

Good news indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join