It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deuteronomy 32:8 Yahweh a Son of God (The Most High)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Told ya I'd get crap from the fundies. Prophetic, no, just experience with the brainwashed.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sassanid
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Your just ranting but not saying anything worth my time. If you can't face the truth I'm done trying. All you want to do is prove I'm wrong. Problem is I'm not.

You actually proved me right.

Yahweh inherited Jacob from El Elyon. End of story.

The threads your's. You are a poor example of a Christian, but a typical one. I'm not interested in your falsifications.

As everyone has been pointing out, your particular interpretation of these two verses is entirely at odds with the rest of the Bible.

It is also at odds with traditional teachings that have been accepted and in place and uncontested for thousands of years.

The word meanings and language structures have been explained clearly expressed by several posters and confirm the traditional reading of the contested verses.

Have you considered the possibility that everyone else is correct and your lone voice is the one in error?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Your just ranting but not saying anything worth my time.

Of course you say that. I proved the Dead Sea Scrolls, which are the source of Deut 32:8, claim Yahweh is God's name and el is His title. I then proved the word inheritance does not necessitate getting something from a parent or higher power and it can in fact be the mere fact you exist that entitles you to something. I then proved this is perfectly in line with every other scripture, and challenged you to provide some supporting your view .. you were unable to do so.

1Co 2:14
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

We have all been fooled into believing that Yahweh and the Most High (El Elyon) are and were the same being. This may be the current belief among Christians today, but ...

... that puke of a "god" Yahweh and worship instead the merciful El.

Good news indeed.

Ah! the re-statement, where you re-post your original post.

edit on 7/3/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

We have all been fooled into believing that Yahweh and the Most High (El Elyon) are and were the same being. This may be the current belief among Christians today, but ...

... that puke of a "god" Yahweh and worship instead the merciful El.

Good news indeed.

Ah! the re-statement, where you re-post your original post.

That's all he has, he has not been able to defend one single point.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Told ya I'd get crap from the fundies. Prophetic, no, just experience with the brainwashed.

Brainwashing takes significant resources and when the CIA tried to brainwash people, it was found that it was exceptionally difficult to achieve and was mostly a waste of time.

Subsequently the American Psychological Association debunked the idea of Brainwashing.

Here's a link to a Wikipedia article on Mind Control.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Ok, so Sassanid is not going well here so id thought to put up a better argument than strawman fallacies.

I to believe all the Abrahamic gods to be separate entities in the ancient days.
[and if you don't believe me your just a bad Christian and brainwashed and and and
]

I did see this awesome article many years ago but cant find it. Had a mention of El's wife Asherah.

Some interesting articles to read that support the subject.

contradictionsinthebible.com...

And one from a highly regarded Christian.
www.reasonablefaith.org...

And that's me being lazy.

[and if you don't believe me your just a bad Christian and brainwashed and and and
] lol

Don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Deleted by user.
edit on 7-3-2016 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Ok I gotta tell this laugh out loud moment I had today walking down the street. Thoughs ones where everyone looks at you like your a knob. It was after reading this tread, around 1:30pm AES.

I thought this:

Revelation 13.
'13 The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea.
It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.'

Ok ChesterJohn the Sleuth, a game for you.

1. Gnosisfaith.
2. Sassanid.
3. ??
4. ??
5. ??
6. ??
7. ??

I will flag and star you 5 times if you figure out the riddle.

Mwahahahaha

Coomba98 - tell me that's not funny!

edit on 7-3-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

That's correct, El had a consort and 70 sons. According to the Ugaritic texts. If Israel also worshipped El, then later worshipped Yahweh, it's obvious they aren't the same. It only requires common sense to see that El is not Yahweh.

Yahweh is the name Israel chose for their tribal God. Henotheism is the worship of one God while believing in others.

Baal is who the Israelites worshipped before Yahweh, in the myth at one point Baal usurps El and consorts with Asherah.

Archeological discoveries have found pottery and other items that say Yahweh + Asherah, Yahweh is none other than Baal with a new name.

Baal would eventually become an enemy, but Yahweh just took the place of Baal in the myths and then became a God under a new name separate from Baal to give the Israelites their own God.

The existence of El prior to the Israelites proves they worshipped another God who has never been confused by scholars as Yahweh.

Yahweh inheriting Jacob from El proves in one passage that they are Father and son. After all, how can you inherit something from yourself? It defies logic to say he inherited Jacob from himself. If he owned Jacob to give it away, then there wasn't a need to inherit what's already his. But inherit he did, from El, not from himself.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Yeah but Ba'al is then finally killed in the alternative timeline once and for all by the real Cameron Mitchell who shoots him in the head with a Thompson machine gun.

Its true!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Just to show the bias of that website ...

When the Most High (’elyôn) gave to the nations their inheritance, when he separated humanity, he fixed the boundaries of the peoples according to the number of divine beings. For Yahweh’s portion is his people, Jacob his allotted heritage.

Divine beings is not in that verse, at all, in any fashion, with any amount of mental gymnastics.

The words they translate to "divine beings" is ben Yisra'el. Sons of Israel.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Yahweh inheriting Jacob from El proves in one passage that they are Father and son.

That's not in the passage you quoted. Already proven. Words have meanings. You find no other passages that match your theory.

It's falsified. You'd think you'd get one thing right by the law of averages.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

When the Most High (’elyôn) gave to the nations their inheritance, when he separated humanity, he fixed the boundaries of the peoples according to the number of divine beings. For Yahweh’s portion is his people, Jacob his allotted heritage.

Divine beings is not in that verse, at all, in any fashion, with any amount of mental gymnastics.

Just a quick response without further research, i agree on that part. From what i understand its the same in the torah

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Just a quick response without further research, i agree on that part. From what i understand its the same in the torah

We agree then.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Ohh forgot to star u for actually reading the links. Although appeared to.

Cheers digger.

Coomba98
edit on 7-3-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I don't think they are brainwashed because they disagree with me, but because they psychotically defend their god of genocide with insults and character assassination. Make fun if you want. But it was in defense, as they have verbally tried to ridicule and entrap me. That's cult ish. If you want to believe that the ancient Israelites were monotheists, I would do some research on the subject first. A word was invented to describe the pseudopolytheistic beliefs of Israel, henotheism. It's now used to describe other faiths too but was coined upon discovery of Israels belief in other Gods. El was everyone's High God, and each nation had a god under El that was their national god.

Israels was Yahweh. Deuteronomy 32:8 has Yahweh inheriting Israel from El. It has been suggested that El was Yahweh's title, but that doesn't make sense. How do you inherit something from your title?

Maybe I have been a little short with the fundies, but they have no respect and act like little b's anytime someone exposes the deception in their beliefs.

They are brainwashed, you can show them proof of something and they won't believe you. They will insult you, ridicule you and show their true colors. They are not followers of Christ, just pretenders who think Christ is a free pass to act like a Jerk and belittle intelligent truth seeking people.

I don't need your help, I never asked for it and your as bad as them, even though you pretend you're trying to help.

I got this. My op says it all and I am sure at least one person will research what I said and conclude as I did that Christians are dupes and arrogant pieces of ish. At least the fake christians on this thread who twist around a simple passage to support a lie.

Israel wasn't monotheistic in the early days and had never heard of Yahweh until Moses. El is nothing like Yahweh, and Yahwehis an imposter god. He is not the God of Abraham. He is a demon who enjoys bloodshed.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Psalm 82:1

God has taken his place in the divine council;
in the midst of the gods he holds judgment.

“The term divine council is used by Hebrew and Semitics scholars to refer to the heavenly host, the pantheon of divine beings who administer the affairs of the cosmos. All ancient Mediterranean cultures had some conception of a divine council. The divine council of Israelite religion, known primarily through the psalms, was distinct in important ways.”
www.thedivinecouncil.com...

edit on 7-3-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Yep. I never comment without reading. The other thing the pages missed is this ... what if el = Yahweh and the Canaanites stole el and made him their god. Canaan would then have a corrupted version, which would be very similar to the Israeli version. IF we want to say one group stole the traditions of another, it's impossible to say which group did it, or when it even happened.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The heavenly host does not need to include Baal. Angels would suffice. There is nothing in Psa that necessitates there be any god other than God.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join