It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agnosticism, Theism, Atheism - What does it mean?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: TerryDon79

and you believe that?

Is no proof of a god equal to no knowledge of a god?

Listen... we get it. You think that once you believe anything, that equates a belief system. but it doesn't.

I believe that the next time I jump up, I'm going to fall down. How can that possibly be equal to a belief system like those represented in religion?

Here's the definition of Belief System, as it pertains to religion:

Religious belief refers to attitudes towards mythological, supernatural, or spiritual aspects of a religion. Religious belief is distinct from religious practice or religious behaviours with some believers not practicing religion and some practitioners not believing religion. Religious beliefs, being derived from ideas that are exclusive to religion, often relate to the existence, characteristics and worship of a deity or deities, divine intervention in the universe and human life, or the deontological explanations for the values and practices centered on the teachings of a spiritual leader or group. In contrast to other belief systems, religious beliefs are usually codified.

As you can see, you need a plethora of beliefs in order to make a "belief system". You cannot form a belief system off of a single belief because 'system' represents a set of connected things or parts forming a complex whole, in particular, or a set of principles or procedures according to which something is done; an organized scheme or method.

It is therefore impossible to form a belief system off of one single belief.

Considering Atheism and Agnosticism have no set of ideas, no characteristics that pertain to the creation and origin of the universe or human life, no deontological explanations of anything, no codified beliefs, no worshiping, no nothing, then they cannot possibly be belief systems or religions.

And neither can your 10am dump.

edit on 2/3/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

But dude!

He's got a giant 10am dump god of dooooooooooom!

/sarcasm

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

But dude!

/sarcasm

We must not make fun, terry, it is his religion.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

But dude!

/sarcasm

I wonder if they have a cross or if it's just stuffed in a bag, set alight and left on someones door step?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

But dude!

/sarcasm

I wonder if they have a cross or if it's just stuffed in a bag, set alight and left on someones door step?

This is but one of many ceremonial practices of the religion. Usually carried out on the holy-day known as 'Constipation Passover' where they remember the time that the great prophet Stoolicus Maximus was able to guide his people from a tyrannical king who had fed them no-fiber foods and nothing else other than cheap Chinese food and forced them to work as slaves in his kingdom. Stoolicus Maximus prayed to the gods of Olympoopous of which gave him the mighty staff of the great demi-god Laxitus. Stoolicus used the staff of Laxitus to rid the bowels of his people of compaction which they then filled into the paper bags of freedom and covered the tyrannical king's kingdom, thus escaping the chains of constipated-slavery.

The followers of this religion wear a papery garment over their heads and light them as a sign of respect for those who fought against the tyrannical king so many thousands of years ago.

May your stools be without hardness nor runnyness, but instead be just right. Amen...

edit on 2/3/16 by Ghost147 because: typo

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Thank you so much for that. I haven't laughed so hard in ages.

Now, how many times did you have to stop due to laughing?

ETA I just noticed this at the bottom of the post "edit on 2/3/16 by Ghost147 because: typo". That's quite bad. We need to keep this about all religions. From now on could you please refer to a typo as a typoo. It should read like this "edit on 2/3/16 by Ghost147 because: typoo"
edit on 025502/3/1616 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

This is very serious stuff Terry.... This is someone's religion...

One does not laugh at someone's religion.

You don't even want to know where you go when you laugh at this particular religion!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

This is very serious stuff Terry.... This is someone's religion...

One does not laugh at someone's religion.

You don't even want to know where you go when you laugh at this particular religion!

Would that be the place down under? The unholy u-bend?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Those that do not allow the pure and righteous teachings of Deficatous the Savior of Man into their lives will suffer an eternity in the great void, also known as Earth's Rectum, Where you will never see the love of Deficatous the Savior of Man, and you will be forever alongside others whom have rejected his love.

The void is a terrible place, there are billions of people. There is no water, and there is no way to die from lack of it. There is only masses amounts of curry-based foods.

And only one toilet....

And it doesn't have a seat, so you have to sit on the rim or just 'hover' over the bowl....

And it doesn't flush.....

And there isn't any toilet paper............................

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Those that do not allow the pure and righteous teachings of Deficatous the Savior of Man into their lives will suffer an eternity in the great void, also known as Earth's Rectum, Where you will never see the love of Deficatous the Savior of Man, and you will be forever alongside others whom have rejected his love.

The void is a terrible place, there are billions of people. There is no water, and there is no way to die from lack of it. There is only masses amounts of curry-based foods.

And only one toilet....

And it doesn't have a seat, so you have to sit on the rim or just 'hover' over the bowl....

And it doesn't flush.....

And there isn't any toilet paper............................

No toilet paper????

All Hail the Almighty Deficatous the Savior of Man!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

No No, that is not what I am saying.

I'll get back when I can

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

So you are not an atheist.

Alright I guess I am dealing with two different people.

Terry,

Are you an Agnostic?

Yes, you stated that.

What is it that makes you an Agnostic?

Your answer was no proof and or no knowledge of the existence of God or his non-existence is the basis for your being an Agnostic.

Do you try to persuade people to hold the views you present for the basis of your Agnosticism?

Do you group together or converse with other Agnostics to discuss Agnosticism?

edit on 2-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Ghost

Are you an Atheist?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Do you try to persuade people to hold the views you present for the basis of your Agnosticism?

nope as how can I persuade to be something I can't have an answer to? You question makes no sense.

Do you group together or converse with other Agnostics to discuss Agnosticism?

What's there to discuss? If I had a firm stance there was a god, I wouldn't be an agnostic. If I had a firm stance there was no god, I wouldn't be agnostic.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Ghost

Are you an Atheist?

Yes

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

What it seems like is you are an antagonist rather than a true agnostic.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

What it seems like is you are an antagonist rather than a true agnostic.

um...
would you care to elaborate?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Please define in your own words what an atheist is.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Please define in your own words what an atheist is.

The only thing that connects one atheist to another is a lack of belief in any gods.

An atheist is free to believe in ghosts, or to not believe in ghosts
An atheist is free to believe in reincarnation, or to not believe in reincarnation
An atheist is free to accept the Theory of Evolution as a means for how life diversified on Earth, and an atheist is free to reject the Theory of Evolution.
An atheist is free to believe the Earth is flat, or that it is spherical
An atheist is free to claim "there is no god" and an atheist is free to simply lack a belief in one without making a definitive claim

The only thing that connects one atheist to another is a lack of belief in any gods.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

So basically the first and last sentences of your reply is the single tenant for Atheism?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join