It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agnosticism, Theism, Atheism - What does it mean?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Ghost147

not at all for I am a new creature in Christ Jesus. Even my lung health is less than my age. After 20 years you body is pretty much gotten rid of many of those old cells three times over. My Mind is sharper than when I did drugs.

It's a scientific fact that excessive drug, alcohol and cigarette use damages your brain. Also, I was referring to the moment when you were suicidal and were said to have been 'contacted' to some degree, which alone is a massively traumatic, emotion, and psychologically unstable position.

Regardless, even if you're the healthiest person on earth and have no history of poor health or anything, subjective observation isn't valid for determining reality.

well I will let you argue with the doctors who saw him at the time about the diagnoses but I do remember it is linked to something similar to the Bends. But hey they deal with it all the time and are more experienced with this in their country because there are many slave sips that reek havoc of the reefs in Intl Waters off So East Asia and Indonesia. These doctors deal with ten to thirty cases a year of this type of problem. It often affects their hips.

I'm not arguing with them, I'm just saying that perhaps you misunderstood what really caused the issue he was in.

And, once again, this still does not remotely prove anything.

People pray to anyone and anything they want to and all the results are the same. They can't all be right. And the events in your story are far from conclusively any particular god at all.

How can you know that what wasn't experienced was some alien experimentation that they beamed down from space?

I was just sharing the only proof I ever saw of a person being healed by Jesus that was verifiable.

You misunderstand what is considered "verifiable".

Can we repeat this test?

Can we definitively prove it wasn't any other god?

Can we definitively prove anything?

No?

Then it's not verifiable.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Maybe I didn't ask it correctly.

What type of evidence would prove to you beyond any doubt that a god exists?

I answered this very question on page 5:

A profound creation of or alteration of something in the natural universe that defies all natural explanations.

For instance, the following would be evidence of a god:

~ a fully formed organism that suddenly appears, has no relation to anything else on Earth, and was not produced through Technological means or humans
~ The unnatural formation/alteration of planets, stars, solar systems or galaxies (similar to above, where it was not produced through technological means)
~ The admitted reveal of a god, with an example of it's power (not through technological means). If pertaining to a specific religion, the verifiable evidence of passed events would be evidence as well.

We could go on with other various evidence, but these would certainly be beneficial to a god's existence.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Probably not but there are two X-Rays one that shows the damage and the one 2 days later that shows it perfect. Two Orthopaedic Surgeons and a internal Medicine doctor and my self all saw these x-Rays. It is naturally impossible for ball and socket that damaged to be totally restore with no human intervention in two days.

It was nothing short of a miracle.

Thanks for taking your time.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

those are some grand and massive events. Nothing a little smaller maybe.

Anyway thanks for taking your time I was able to learn something new in the process.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Probably not but there are two X-Rays one that shows the damage and the one 2 days later that shows it perfect. Two Orthopaedic Surgeons and a internal Medicine doctor and my self all saw these x-Rays. It is naturally impossible for ball and socket that damaged to be totally restore with no human intervention in two days.

It was nothing short of a miracle.

Which dictates it's not an alien experiment, but in fact was from god, more specifically your god, because?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

those are some grand and massive events. Nothing a little smaller maybe.

Anyway thanks for taking your time I was able to learn something new in the process.

No need to thank me, I enjoy answering questions

Those answers were just off the top of my head. The thing is, because we have observations that everything so far has a natural origin and functions naturally without the need for intervention, it's pretty difficult for something supernatural to occur.

A god is usually described as an almighty and powerful being, why would we expect nothing but almighty and powerful events that completely go against our concepts the describe nature?

But if there was something that's observable through objective means that was less significant, that could still be something that gives evidence to a god. I just can't fathom what it would be.

Certainly not prayer, however.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Ever compare snow flakes? It has been a fascination of mine for years collecting photos of snow flakes from around the world. some came from the same storm events as it travelled around the world. No two snow flakes are alike even from the same storm system 3000 miles apart. One of my favourites is from Mt Haleakala Maui Hawaii, it was taken by a friend who works at the Observatory there.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Ever compare snow flakes? It has been a fascination of mine for years collecting photos of snow flakes from around the world. some came from the same storm events as it travelled around the world. No two snow flakes are alike even from the same storm system 3000 miles apart. One of my favourites is from Mt Haleakala Maui Hawaii, it was taken by a friend who works at the Observatory there.

Cheers

I think there's a point you're trying to make here, but I'm not sure what it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Yep. I used to love seeing all the different shapes. I also know how they're formed.

Have you ever seen popcorn form from a kernel? No 2 are ever the same!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Yep. I used to love seeing all the different shapes. I also know how they're formed.

Have you ever seen popcorn form from a kernel? No 2 are ever the same!

I'm pretty sure that "no 2 are ever the same" can apply to nearly every single thing in existence when you look closely enough. No person is identical to any other, no grain of sand is identical to any other, no planet is identical to any other. They are all similar, some nearly identical, but in the end? No.

So I'm still not quite sure what the point is?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Me either, but I thought I'd share the popcorn thing to show that if snowflakes are because of a highe being then so must popcorn.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

No I think snow flakes are effected by words and sounds in the countries and areas where they fall.

And like wise seeing our bodies are water they are effected by sound and words.

Our bodies are also made up of ferrous materials and water so Magnetics will effect our bodies as well.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

No I think snow flakes are effected by words and sounds in the countries and areas where they fall.

Our bodies are also made up of ferrous materials and water so Magnetics will effect our bodies as well.

Do you think popcorn is effected the same way? It has water in it.

What about...
Cookies
Clouds
Flowers

What about dog poop? No 2 are identical and it has water in it.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

What about...
Cookies
Clouds
Flowers

Indeed. Actually, I would be a little bit more impressed if a god were to make every snowflake absolutely identical in every way down to the atomic level. Hell, that may even be considered proof of god.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I would never go as far to research any poop but yes everything with water and iron in it can be effected by sound, light and magnetics.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I would never go as far to research any poop but yes everything with water and iron in it can be effected by sound, light and magnetics.

Alright. So could you explain what you're trying to get at here? I'm still not quite sure of the reason you posted it

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

What about...
Cookies
Clouds
Flowers

Indeed. Actually, I would be a little bit more impressed if a god were to make every snowflake absolutely identical in every way down to the atomic level. Hell, that may even be considered proof of god.

I could get on board with that being proof.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Personal interest in how the body is affected by the environment, spoken and written words, Electro Magnetic fields. Trying to work on seeing how wifi or other RF affect the body but it is harder to get info or anyone trying to because of the width of RF say for AM radio is so wide it seems like it may have no effect.

Here is a guy doing work with water and sound i.e. musical notes and photographs it. Also does ferrous and water with magnetics. His art work from it is great and is doing other projects as well. www.lindengledhill.com...
www.lindengledhill.com...

edit on 4-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Sorry Chester (you don't mind me calling you that do you?), but what does that have to do with what it means to be an atheist or agnostic?

I'm completely lost.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

It was all connected to the snowflake being different and how crystallization of water is different in areas though they come form the same storm.

Sorry I didn't mean to derail.

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join