It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saul of Tarsus: False prophet

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: Akragon

Are you walking or talking?

Or do you wish to pass judgement?

do you have the key?

better yet... do you believe its "faith alone"

edit on 24-2-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I will reply this way instead...

Before Christ died he commanded that we love one another...
I do believe this is the greatest law from God...
For in so doing we will be doing the right thing more often for sin does not stem from love...
Anyway it is for this reason I believe even those who do not know of Christ's teaching yet live a life by this rule do then infact believe in him...
So in other words works are most important...
I believe that is a full answer to your rather simple question...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barzini
a reply to: JackReyes

You are wrong, it was directed to people who would never see the end times. It was a warning to be aware of false prophets in their own time.

Try again.

No indeed, for while you totally ignored all scriptural evidence given to you to the contrary, showing your true intentions, even Jesus himself, said about his own prophecy in Matthew 24:

(Matthew 24:21) . . .for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.

If he was referring to his own times, THEN there will never be a tribulation like the one that befell Jerusalem in 70 C. E. But we all know that the great tribulation he was referring to, is yet future. For there have been in the past, and there will be in the future greater tribulations.
edit on 24-2-2016 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Well said brother

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I will reply this way instead...

Before Christ died he commanded that we love one another...
I do believe this is the greatest law from God...
For in so doing we will be doing the right thing more often for sin does not stem from love...
Anyway it is for this reason I believe even those who do not know of Christ's teaching yet live a life by this rule do then infact believe in him...
So in other words works are most important...
I believe that is a full answer to your rather simple question...

I continue to be impressed by your comments 4staroracle.

You are close. But the greatest law from God is this one:

(Deuteronomy 6:4, 5) . . .“Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. 5 You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength.

We know this is the greatest commandment because this is what Jesus said:

(Mark 12:28-30) . . .“Which commandment is first of all?” 29 Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, 30 and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’

The second among the laws was this one:

(Mark 12:31) . . .The second is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Among them, there was no greater law. BTW, that law is found here:

(Leviticus 19:18) “‘You must not take vengeance nor hold a grudge against the sons of your people, and you must love your fellow man as yourself. I am Jehovah.

Anyway, the law you are referring to, was not in the law to Moses at all. Rather one given by Jesus to his followers, it was a "new commandment":

(John 13:34, 35) . . .I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”

So all people on the earth would know who Jesus' real disciples were, by the love they had among each other, earth-wide. Where Jehovah's spirit resides, there is peace and love and unity.

Whenever there is division, hatred, war, there is no peace and God is not present.

You have but to find the people on earth who have unity earth-wide and true peace, and love among each other, and you have found the true Christian congregation. It is sooooooo very easy to do.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

Jesus was talking to his disciples, not you. He was telling them to beware of false prophets, not us.

You can twist scripture all you like, that he was talking to people in the time he and they lived is indisputable.

Why would hw warn his disciples about events that had nothing to do with them?

He wouldn't. And didn't.

You might believe otherwise but that changes nothing.

You are wrong, it was directed to people who would never see the end times. It was a warning to be aware of false prophets in their own time.

Try again.

No indeed, for while you totally ignored all scriptural evidence given to you to the contrary, showing your true intentions, even Jesus himself, said about his own prophecy in Matthew 24:

(Matthew 24:21) . . .for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.

If he was referring to his own times, THEN there will never be a tribulation like the one that befell Jerusalem in 70 C. E. But we all know that the great tribulation he was referring to, is yet future. For there have been in the past, and there will be in the future greater tribulations.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

You can twist scripture all you like, Jesus was talking to his disciples, not us.

Why would he warn them to beware of something if it wasn't going to happen to them?

He wouldn't, and didn't.

Believe otherwise all you like, it doesn't make sense. Logic trumps your fallacious notion.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

You can twist scripture all you like, Jesus was talking to his disciples, not us.

Why would he warn them to beware of something if it wasn't going to happen to them?

He wouldn't, and didn't.

Believe otherwise all you like, it doesn't make sense. Logic trumps your fallacious notion.

That is not a reply based on sound reasoning or from scripture. Do you really believe Jesus only knew what was going to happen in his day?

He knew very well what was going to happen long into the future. All prophecy is inspired because of the bearing of witness to Jesus. And there is prophecy in Scripture that is yet to be fulfilled long in the distant future.

Still, you have not refuted that there were indeed 13 tribes of Israel. Or even touched on the fact you know what the difference was between the 12 tribes who received a land inheritance, and the tribe of Levi, the 13th that did not.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I said before Jesus died he gave that commandment,I did not say it came from the first ten given...

The spirit of God is within everyone but when 2 or more are gathered in the name of Christ he is present.

Aside from that...
think of the division involved when isis wants Christians to convert to Islam...
they have them on thier knees ready to cut off thier heads should they refuse to convert...
Those Christians are definitely gathered in Christ's name...
So tell me,do you still think you are accurate in saying God is not then present?
edit on 24-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I said before Jesus died he gave that commandment,I did not say it came from the first ten given...

The spirit of God is within everyone but when 2 or more are gathered in the name of Christ he is present.

Aside from that think of the division involved when isis wants Christians to convert to Islam they have them on thier knees ready to cut off thier heads should they refuse to convert...
Those Christians are definitely gathered in Christ's name...
So tell me,do you still think you are accurate in saying God is not then present?

No, none of those quoted were from the first ten. They were from the Mosaic Law. Of which there are about 600. Read them again, none of the greatest which Jesus quoted were from the 10 Commandments.

You say that wherever two or three are gathered in Jesus' name, quoting scripture, he is present. But Jesus also said this:

(Matthew 7:21-23) 21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

So Jesus shows us that there are many to come in his name, perhaps two or three, or to or three billion, but that does not mean they are true Christians.

True Christians are known based on their fruit. And that, while the road to life is broad and spacious and accommodates many people, and their teachings, the road to life is narrow and cramped:

(Matthew 7:13, 14) . . .“Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it.

Was God really with those whom ISIS is slaughtering? Are they in unity with Jesus' adopted brothers the world over? If one of Jesus' brothers would come to him, on the basis of Jesus name today, would they accept him?

There is no division in Christ. Rather there is only one baptism and one faith:

(Ephesians 4:4-6) . . .One body there is, and one spirit, just as you were called to the one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

The divisons in Christendom, their warring, their turning against God's word is not a sign of having God's approval. Even scripture said they would have a form of Godly devotioin but would be proved false by their works:

(2 Timothy 3:1, 2, 5) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money. . .having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Levi was one of the 12 sons of Jacob.

Levi was Moses and Araons ancester

Levi was one of the 12 tribes

What's your point?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

What's your point?

Levi was not one of the 12 tribes.

Would you like to tell me what the twelve tribes of Israel were?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Well that will be left for God to decide...

Are you a jehovah witness?
edit on 24-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Well that will be left for God to decide...

Indeed. We are not judges. And yet he tells us what his righteous decree is.

In fact he says, that during the last days he has opened a book, and is paying attention to everyone that is talking about his name, Jehovah, and writing their names in it:

(Malachi 3:16) . . .At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance was written before him for those fearing Jehovah and for those meditating on his name.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Pauline "Christians" don't want to lose their status as God's new chosen ones, a doctrine dependent on Paul and his false teachings.

God has no chosen people. He doesn't discriminate.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If you are a jehovah witness I would have to recommend going a different way for they have made to many false prophesies to be the one true religion they claim...
Christ warned about following false prophets...
And far as I remember they don't believe Christ is the messiah or God...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Barzini

God has a covenant with his chosen people...
God has a new covenant with all people...
All people are now his chosen people should they choose him...
Yet he does still pass judgement...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

What's your point?

Levi was not one of the 12 tribes.

Would you like to tell me what the twelve tribes of Israel were?

Israel had twelve sons
Reuben
Issachar
Zebulun
Simeon
Judah
Gad
Asher
Dan
Naphtali
Joseph
Benjamin
Levi

Joseph became the half tribes Ephraim and Mannassah

Levites were priests
edit on 24-2-2016 by Barzini because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2016 by Barzini because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

If you are a jehovah witness I would have to recommend going a different way for they have made to many false prophesies to be the one true religion they claim...
Christ warned about following false prophets...
And far as I remember they don't believe Christ is the messiah or God...

Nah....

=c05f2422-466d-4ffc-848f-5745715af010&insight[search_result_ind ex]=8]Who is Jesus

=34305ab5-413a-4f72-b116-73ad9cea85ad&insight[sea rch_result_index]=2]Who is Jesus (2)

=34305ab5-413a-4f72-b116-73ad9cea85ad&insight [search_result_index]=3]Who is Jesus (3)

I could quote probably 100 more articles, probably 1,000.

Anyway, all you need to do is read some of my threads that I've posted to learn what you've been told is false:

The Truth About Jesus and the Bible

That's my first thread I made on ATS. I think they moved it to BTS though. Anyway, check it out. You seem like a bright, and enjoyable fellow. I am sure you might be surprised at learning what you've been told is a complete lie!

edit on 24-2-2016 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Barzini

So that is good that you found who Jacob's 12 sons were. Now what were the 12 tribes of Israel?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join